(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

expecting mum, its the hormone changes that causes yur acne,. It will go off after you deliver. Maybe you can change your brand of skincare to something that works for acne, and spend more time caring for your skin these 9 months. It should help.
happy.gif

cosmo, welcome! I didn't had a tummy before I was pregnant, now at 13 weeks, I already have a small hardened bulge, rather obvious one. In fact I started showing surprisingly early.

Berry,
Ya we are in the same boat..my sis asks me to buy those normal wear in L size..I find it a waste cos at most wear for like another 2 mths or so, by then the stomach will be too big to fit in and maternity wear will come in place...aiya maybe just wear my normal ones until realli cannot button.

Expecting_mum,
so how did it recovered?? Mine still peeling, esp in the aft leh after my lunch. Morn was quite ok.

I saw a frenz of mine who had serious acne prob oso. All along her complexion not realli tat gd but after pregnancy, it worsened..tat's why my beautician told me tat during preggie must still continue with proper cleansing of ur face.

<font color="aa00aa">yingzi,</font>
i dun hv peeling lips, but my tummy area seems a bit dry.

<font color="aa00aa">expecting mum,</font>
guess mine is more prone to dryness, so at the moment no breakouts yet.

angelia, try using more moisturiser than usual on your tummy, or start using one if you havent already. As your skin stretches to accomodate the growth, best to apply stretchmark cream/moisturiser daily to keep the skin smooth and supple.

Hi everyone,
Are u 1st time moms too? I'm actually in USA and so I'm so gald to find S'pore counterparts!
Do u guys have cravings besides spicy foods? Like Durian?

Iguess I'm just putting on empty weight and tummy shows becoz I'm getting fat!

<font color="aa00aa">cosmo,</font>
wah, US.. R u working there? or went with hubby?

haha.. me no cravings. but seem like spicy food gives me a better appetite. hmm.. not forgetting fries!!!
lol.gif

gynae says, it's normal to lose a bit of weight during 1st trimester. my gynae even said "as long as bb growing, mummy not growing never mind!" *faint*

if like that hor, by end of pregnancy, i'll become skeleton alr...
lol.gif

Hi, I am now 2 mths pregnant. My EDD is in end Oct. My gynea didn't tell me the exact date. He only tell me is end OCt. He said that wait till the baby get bigger will be more accurate to tell the exact EDD. But if base on my last mense...my EDD should be on 24 Oct.

Anyway, my full day nausea last for 1 week plus on my 5th week. After that no more nausea feeling, but gastric feeling not good, mouth very tasteless, can't drink plain water, don't know how. Like today, drink a glass of warm water in the morning but end up throwing out. Now very thirsty but can't drink plain water and can't even take my folic acid. I think I will skip the folic acid today.

Morning....

Oh yes I'm a 1st time mummy so that's why alot of things are new to me :p But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having all these questions.

Hmmm... I'm really wondering too whether to get bigger size clothes esp my pants. Right now relying on jeans which were put away sometime back after losing weight but not sure how long before I will balloon out of it. Buying maternity clothes like a bit too early leh... buy L size also a bit wasted cos chances are that I will only fit into it for a while (cos I still hope to slim back to my original size after delivery)... haiz... dilemma -.-""

As for food... I agree with Berry... we can still continue to eat as per normal and in fact we should... as long as we eat in moderation everything will be fine.

angelia, I'm here with hubby. But I'm visiting S'pore next month, can't wait. also others told me not to get any special cremes, just look for lanolin in body moisturisers and use it!

odie, your clothes are getting tight now?

Anyone know if there's any harm in taking chinese teas/green teas? I heard abt lmiting caffeine, but I like teas... I'm trying very hard to cut down on coffee as it is.

Cosmo, I think chinese tea is very liang. Furthermore, some chinese tea also contain caffeine. But I guess drink a cup shldn't be a problem....as long as don't drink too much.

blessed, yes it's me. thanks!

Yeeyee, if it's 4 oct, then you and wendyl same same, and we are one day apart.

ladies, i think at our stage very poor thing, normal wear too tight and maternity wear too big. dun know what to do!
actually, i consider my pregnancy very good liao, no nausea, although got burping and sometimes nausea in the evning. but appetite very good! this morning took one piece of bread and come office buy mee siam, yum yum, very nice! i shared with my colleague.

Micky, I really envy you got good appetite. Me don't have good appetite. I find that the most suffering thing is that I can't drink plain water. If ask me to drink honey, ribena, fruit juice...I worry that is not so good to just drink this kind of drink....but my colleague asks me to drink cos better than no liquid in the body...Sigh...really suffering....me looking forward to have a better appetite.

Hi Cosmo,

My tops are still ok... its the bottom that is a bit tight esp pants and jeans. So far it seems like dress is a better choice.

Yup... need to cut down on caffine intake but as long as you don't over-indulge... why not? :p

YeeYee... I think fresh fruit juice will be a good option. You get the vits and liquid. Don't let your body dehydrate.

angelia,
In tat case wld advise u to apply some cream to moisturise it, else if it's too dry not good for ur skin esp now it's stretching.

Micky,
me envy u too, hv been missing food for a long long time. Till now I still can't take rice.

Yeeyee,
At times I'm like u, can't take plain water cos too metallic and feel like throwing up. I hv been drinking ribena, milo and fruit juice and occasionally milk to supplement for my liquid, else I will get dehydrated and constipation. Must hv some fluid. It's fine to take all that, not those cold carbonic drinks.

<font color="aa00aa">yeeyee,</font>
did ur gynae gives u a copy of the scan? if so, think it's stated on that copy, but think they got put +/- xx days.

ya, ur colleague is rite. maybe when u make ribena, dun put too much. juz put a bit for the taste can liao. think during my 5~8 wks, i oso can't stand plain water, so always hv ribena. but not sweet lah, juz put a bit for the taste. think it'll help cos it'll taste a bit sourish
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">cosmo,</font>
oh, lanolin... thot i saw quite a lot in Melbourne. shld hv bought some back. hiaz.. hmm.. maybe tonight or during wkend will try see got energy to go shopping or not.

ya, chinese tea is cooling &amp; contains caffein. but guess 1 glass a day shouldn't be too much. maybe u switch to herbal tea? shld be safer rite?

<font color="aa00aa">micky,</font>
ya lor. think 1st trimester the worst. gotta get used to body changes, feel sick, tummy not showing but gets tired easily &amp; can't stand for long. but no tummy so no one gave up seats to us... hiaz.. wear maternity now looks weird, dun wear can't fit into normal clothes, buy larger size scare after 1~2 mths gone wasted.. etc.. etc.. hiaz..
sad.gif

Yingzi, I think no choice lor. I will have to drink those drink, if not, no liquid in the body also no good rite. Anyway, do you have any good suggestion on fruit juice? What kind of fruit juice do you think is good?

hmm.. think my gynae mentioned "milo, ribena, 100 plus, sprite, 7-up" can drink..

was so shocked when i heard the last 3.

Angelia, actually gynae will say everything can eat &amp; drink. The previous gynea I went said coke also can drink. Actually I believe everythings also can eat and drink...but moderation lor...those foods or drinks which is liang or not so good for pregnancy can try to limit it lor but still can eat lar.

I went down to the shop to buy drink just now. The aunti know that I am pregnant and tell me don't eat sotong tail,the green leave that put the laksa, don't lift up my hand too high when combing my hair....but I think is nonsense ...heeee

me also...first time mum..very exciting......

anyway..dun kan cheong to buy baby stuff first...

there will be a motherhood fair in june at expo

i intend to get my baby stuff during this fair

cosmo, if you *have* to take tea, green tea is a much better choice than chinese tea, which is supposedly very liang. Best to avoid all teas if you can though.

yeeyee, I also can't take plain water. So my fluid intake consists of honey, instant cereal and ribena. Plain water makes me want to puke. Better some sugar than no fluid.
for juices, try honey dew or orange or tomato juices.

micky, its great that you dun have MS, so do eat more!

angelia, even though I had REALLY bad MS (puked like more than 10x a day), I think I sitll enjoyed my first trimester very much. keke...so exciting and anxious at the same time. Physically I was suffering but mentally I was in high spirits. Can't wait for my tummy to grow bigger and bigger.

<font color="aa00aa">expecting mum,</font>
me more of waiting to see if can get hands-me-down clothings or not
lol.gif
then can save a lot leh. esp 1st yr cos bb grows very fast.

<font color="aa00aa">yeeyee,</font>
2 days back, i still took seafood platter at Fish &amp; Co leh. din take the mussels (cos all along i dun like) but took the fried calamari, prawns, fish... leh

oso took hamburgers &amp; mutton a couple of times when i Melbourne last week.
wink.gif

think the dun lift hand too high is to prevent over-stretching lah. my mum did warn me against taking too much yellow-ginger (powder) which is found in mee siam, curries, i think. prob she's worried will cause jaundice.

angelia...yah me also getting hands-me-down clothings from my auntie...they say baby will be easy to take care....but i want to buy a few set of new ones for my baby
happy.gif

Berry, I think I have to buy more fruit and make my own fruit juice at home. Cheaper mah...heee

Angelia, yes, I do believe that we can't take too much yellowish food like papaya, carrot, yellow ginger cos it will cause jaundice.

Yeeyee and Berry, try to have a slice of lemon or lime in the plain water, maybe more tolerable. Tomato juice is suppose to be good... water and vitamins and vegetable all in one

Lanolin is a compound in many body lotion, eg Vaseline. Check out the ingredients list.

Yeeyee,
I took mango, carrot, orange juice thus far. I hv a few kinds of beverages at home cos I get sick of one veri soon.

My mum oso warned me not to eat sotong tail, in case it curls the bb. As for stretching ur hand too high up, is afraid ur umbilical cord tat channels food to ur bb will be dis-joint when u over-stretch and ur bb will not be able to get the nutrients from u. Tat's what my mum said and i just obeyed...so now cannot even hang clothes.

Angelia,
U sure? If so, then good news to me cos I like to drink soft drinks but hv refrained from drinking since preggie, except for like a sip or two at times..hubby pity me. But tat time my colleague who was pregnant had a craving for coke and she drank it everyday and still ok leh.

Expecting_mum,
There will be a fair this June, tat will be great cos I planned to buy my bb stuff during tat time too. I even tot of driving in to JB and buy. My mum just bought a few bb items from JS, cheaper and nice.

Yingzi, how come the sotong tail will curls the bb. The baby will only get our nutrition thro our blood stream. The baby will not get the food directly from us so I don't think the sotong tail will curls the bb lei.

Tat's what my mum said and just heed in case anything happened. Anyway all these beliefs if can then try to evade. Better to play safe than sorry mah....although if u ask me, I oso stretch head lah.

Wah...I just went for the meeting in the morning, and now so many postings !

Yah, my gynae also say everything can eat, but eat in moderation. with the exception of raw food....is a strict no no. but my mum say cannot eat watermelon and pineapple, too "cooling", but can take beef, and even encourage me to take beef...Hmm....So it seems that there are different schools of thought.

I also hate plain water, but yet cannot take too sweet drinks, becos I was tested with an above-average sugar level during the last gynae visit...
so gals, must be careful hor...

Yingzi, but sometime really hard to believe cos no logic lei. For example, some old ppls say cannot drink coffee, if not baby come out will turn black...this is hard to believe lei...Sometime really stretch head hor.

Hi cosmo,

my boobs hurt too !!! Since the 1st trimester till now....
sad.gif

my nipples also very sensitive, a slight touch will trigger a tingling sensation...now my hubby also dun dare to touch...
happy.gif

hey MTB, when do you all intend to start baby shopping ? My hubby is very tempted to buy pram, cot whenever we go shopping, but I always feel that it's too early...

Hi Micky, I agree, now we are in the "pregnant but not too pregnant" stage, so difficult to buy clothes...
sad.gif

Hi Angelia, I think it's ok to take beef/mutton...anyway think pregnant women in the western countries also take beef and lamb frequently, and their babies also turn out ok...
happy.gif

aurora, watermelon &amp; pineapple also can eat lar but not too much. My friend ate lots of pineapple during her pregnancy cos she craved for that. Now her son is already 9 months. Since we know that all this food is not really good for pregnancy so eat a little lor but still can eat lar. A piece shouldn't be a problem.

aurora, we plan to start buying baby stuff during the Great singapore sale. V good timing since I am due in Sept.

hi ladies,
i practically start wearing my black dresses everyday. erm..very good for hiding tummy and not tight..as in i believe i can wear them to like 5 months that kind..its like spandex or lycra stretchy material that kind..easy relax and great for work..dun look frumpy and old.

aurora,
i dun think i will start buying anything yet..probably wait till july august those times then buy.

i eat everything as well.. everything in moderation except for potato chips. keke. but must be happy when pregnant so dun deprive yourself of anything. i also drink tea and barley everyday, one a day of course. some people say cannot take half boil egg, but i had it everyday for one full month. keke until i sick of it liao..

yeeyee,
have you seen your new gynae? how's everything so far?

Good Friday afternoon!! Only a couple more hours then can go home already!!

Does any of you have a strange taste in your mouth after eating. it is not really metallic but just a strange after taste, no matter what kind of food you eat? I've been having that and cna't seem to make it go away.

bebechic, yes, I have seen my new gynae. Everything is fine. Manage to hear &amp; see my baby's heartbeat thro tummy scan. And also can see the water bag. How about you? How is your progress?

heather, its quite common to experience that. Me too, thats why I've been eating lots of chewy candies to mask that feeling in my mouth. *guilty*

aurora...

dun worry...i just mentioned that there is a motherhood fair in june...maybe ask your hubby wait til then buy...

bebechic...you mean cannot take potato chips...i like to eat potato chips ley...

hi yeeyee,
i am ok. next gynae visit will be in another 4 weeks time..to do triple test liao. no more MS for me. feeling more energetic as well, and not that choosy towards food already. previously cannot even eat fish..hehe...

good to know that you seen the heartbeat! must be a big relief esp after your spotting..

expecting mum,
nono..no..hehe you mistook my msg...i mean everything else i eat in moderation...potato chips i eat alot!! keke i can eat half a packet of lays everyday! or one third can of wateva potato chips...keke can eat ..just dat some people say not very nutritious..but i dun care just eat!

bebechic, I envy you lei, no more MS. How many mth you are now har?

Yes, is really a relieve to see the heartbeat especially after spotting.

Oh, you really eat half a packet of potato chips every day. That's alot lei. I have not been eating potato chips after since I got pregnant. Sometime I got craving for potato chips also but dare not eat cos I know if I eat, I will alot...hahaha

Hey Bebechic,
So lucky, no more MS. Do u still have indigestion or did that go away too?

Berrywife, good to know that i am not the only one with it. I find that chewing gum works best but too bad, my friend didn't have any more to spare.

<font color="aa00aa">bebechic,</font>
hehe.. u eat lots of potato chips, i took lotsa fries!! hahaha...

hmm.. guess i wanna ask my gynae abt the triple test and whatsoever tests on my next visit (2 wks later).

very worried that now alr 11 wks, if after 3rd mth then discover got down syndrome how ah? keep oso cannot, dun keep oso cannot
sad.gif

now i feel like eating McDonald's soft cone
wink.gif
my mummy says that's okie, cos it's made from milk
lol.gif

come to think of it, i think my mum got less restrictions than me. that time still ask me wanna take pineapple tarts or not *pengz*

but she did say no watermelons lah
lol.gif

ladies, wow seems like me having an pretty first trimester hor. But everyone different symptoms, me sit for more than 20 mins will have this pain and numbness in my right back thigh, so always very uncomfortable.

bebechic and yeeyee,

I ate a lot of potato chips ever since I preggie oso. It''s like one pack every week and I finished one pack. I dun usually eat tat much before preggie. But dun think tat's craving cos I can do without tat oso. At the same time, oso realised I like eating seasame oil maggie mee leh...

Yeeyee..I once told my gf like tat then plain water oso cannot drink, later bb comes out transparent.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Aurora,
me oso intend to buy during june/july nearer to my EDD and when I feel more energised. Now too tired to do shopping. Anyway too early later collect dust and still got to wipe..

bebechic, angelia, I'm also very inclined to potato products (fries, chips, baked potatos, etc) nowadays, but I dun dare to take chips for fear of aggrevating my constipation.

hi hi

angelia..
dun worry...i think gynae only ask you to do the down syndrome test during your 4th mth check out...anyway i was told that if you are below 35, the chances of your baby getting Down Syndrome is very low....so dun worry...

berry, i also got constipation problem...and cant eat bananas and papaya too much....so now i resolve to prune juice lor...my friend told prune juice can help to improve the vowels movement

Back