(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

Hi all,
Finally found a thread i can share my joy (and some agony) with !!!!!!
Ok.....
Children : Nil so far, the one in the tummy is a fetus
Married : 5 mths
Hospital : KKH (my company only re-imbursed restructured hosp)
EDD : 3-7 July (changes everytime i go for scan)
Gender of BB : Dunno... BB cross his/her legs when we try to find out. Trying to be secretive.
Week of preg : 18 weeks

Hi! I would like to join this thread too.

Hospital : TMC
Children : The bb in my tummy right now
Married for: About a year
EDD: 31st March 2004
At which stage did you discover pregnancy: 5 weeks
Sex of Baby: Boy
Week of pregnancy (till date): Week 32

hi priviledged, sarsi...
oh... i hv been feeling even more flutters these few days...
happy.gif
and usu at nite when i lie on the bed.
happy.gif

priviledged...
congrats on knowing gender! so hapi for u... ur ger is so cute too...
happy.gif
now i cant wait for my scan next mth! hehe.... hope my bb co-operate.

hi kis... b2b3m4...
welcome!
happy.gif

kis...
ur EDD is my mummy's bday! hehe...

hi soyabean (u have soyabean milk craving?)
Honestly, i'm not too sure whether i'm experiencing my BB's movement. How do u know that was the BB moving and not some abdominal cramps, bloatedness etc?

hi sarsi and b2b3m4...
ok... how to describe... ok... u know how ur stomach feels when u eat something wrong and ur stomach turns upside down? the flutters felt something like that... except no pain of cos. and the churning might not be as bad as stomach churning... hehe... hope u get wat i mean...
happy.gif

Hi Sarsi, nope .. don't think I have felt baby movements yet... but I thought I felt it a couple of times, but no experience so cannot confirm. What about u? Wow, your baby is measuring good... and growing wonderfully. So far, I have only put on 2.5kg. What about u?

BB hates it when I eat my breakfast before I shower... always throw up after shower if I do that... so, I only take my breakfast after showers now. But my tummy is big for this stage... that's what everyone seems to agree on. Don't worry about putting on weight. Let it come naturally as long as you are not eating too much... should be fine.

I went swimming yesterday night with my friends... which was fun and cute. Swimming costume was tight, but I didn't care... afterall, it expanded a little after it got wet. I got some stares of course especially from the life-guards, which was okay.. as they were cute looking.. hehehee....
happy.gif

It was a little difficult to swim coz, I seem to be floating even easier than before. Now, it feels like I am wearing a little life-jacket when I swim. Can't imagine how much I will float if I were bigger.
happy.gif

Emily, I'm not sure if its bb movements tat I felt cos like got something pok me but when I put my hand there, I dun feel anything, so not really sure. Prob in a few weeks time will start to feel more.

Scary, I think I put on 3-4 kg liao. Have been eating alot. Dunno leh, keep feeling hungry or am I greedy. Just wanna eat lor.

I swam the other day too. My swimming costume oso tight liao.

Have u start wearing mat. clothes? My normal clothes think can keep them aside soon liao lor. Will prob start wearing mat cloothes soon. Have u bought yours and where u getting them from? Been spending a bomb on these clothes.

hey soyabean

I think i felt wat u describe when i sit on small stool. Like stomach ache.. didnt know tt was flutters. When i make bb uncomfy, he flutters. I also felt it in the nite when i was sitting at my niece's stool to watch TV. I bent forward and felt the flutters.

I gained 2 kg oleady after 1 st trimester. i guessed 1 kg in the stomach, 0.5 kg each on the breasts.

Hi all!
Chee... i' confused. Coupled with constipation which i get more often now, i'm not sure that's my baby moving. But i sure feel alot of funny feeling on the left lower side of my abdomen, esp today when i walk around and feeling tired.

Oh gosh... i'm so envy of u ladies. I'm only in my 18 weeks and i have already gained 4kg. According to references, my baby only weigh 200mg now. I wonder where all the weight comes from, muz be my eating. Has been feeling hungry every now n then and my appetite is excellent.

Hi soyabean,
So "qiao", my girl same birthdate as ur mum...
I also can't feel bb movements (sob sob)...
and can't really tell is it bb movements leh, even after wat u have describes.

Wow, i think i gained the most, hee, ard 4.2kg leh. Nowsaday eat a lot, esp. at nite, feel hungry easily.

Hi sarsi,
How many weeks r u now? Me week21. Looks like we have similiar symptons. I started to wear M clothes liao, (but sometime still wear my normal bigger-size tops). Yah, have spent quite a lot. Have bot some from Perfect Mum, Spring, and neighbourhood shop. How abt u???

Have anyone planning or started "tai jiao"???

hi kis...
think me oso put on a bit of weight... considering me oni 16 weeks... some weeks behind u... now put on 2kg liao.

and yeah... my dinner appetite usu the best... hehe...

B2B3M4,
me too starting to have constipation. Before that no prob. It only started like last week n this week. Sometimes, sit so long in the toilet oso pass motion abit. My tummy like very bloated n alot of food inside cannot come out. Coupled with growing tummy, feel really fat.

B2B3M4, and Kis,
I'm 18 weeks now. I think i'm hitting 4kg liao. Pre-pregnant weight was 52kg. Can you imagine how heavy I'm now.... grhhh....Furthermore I'm short, only 1.57m. Wat's your pre-greg size?

Kis,
I bought my clothes from Thyme, 9mois, Spring and a shop in Raffles Place called Ashley. Most of the mat clothes I got are wif tie backs. So if wear now abit kua zhang. But my bigger normal clothes gonna cannot make it liao. At 21 weeks, you have wear your mat clothes as. U muz be very small size.

Soyabean,
Appetite improving yah. Eat non-stop. Just feel hungry and wanna eat somemore. Have been snacking alot in the office. Guilty.

hi sarsi...
hehe... me too... like u... appetite improving... but i try my best not to snack. lucky oso nothing much to snack on in office.

and yeah... me hvg constipation too! hv to eat more fruits lor... no choice... but some meals i dun take fruits... so not v consistent.

do u gals belch i.e. burp alot? i do leh... but each wif each belch i feel better... less bloated...

oh kis...
dun wori... u shld feel bb movements soon... i dunno why i can feel mine so early... cos oni 16 weeks... sometimes, i keep thinkig it might be my imagination instead.

Hi pple,

Don't worry, July mums. Your bbs movements should be obvious pretty soon, within a week or two. The first time I was sure was when the bb seemed to turn somersaults in my lower abdomen. Could not be gas. Sahara - the movments should not cause any pain. More ticklish than anything. Nowadays, I feel her quite often, and sometimes can feel her from outside. My hubby was thrilled the other day when he felt her poking his hand.

I too have been a little constipated lately. It's just our bodies trying to absorb as much nutrients as possible from the food we eat. I've been chomping on prunes and more vegatables, but still not that much improvement.

Hi Sarsi,
Ok, guess i was pretty small frame b4 pregnant. Am 1.63m, 48kg, now weighing 53kg.

Wow! Looks like a number of ladies buy from Spring. Planning to drop by this few days. Can't find suitable maternity clothings in neighbourhood stores. Find them too sissy, sweet wif all those ribbons. Eekkk......... I looked like some kindergarten kid in them. Also, don u ladies find mat wear more expensive..... Haiz....

Priviledged,
I think my constipation is worsen by the fact i'm eating more trash now. In the past, am a much small eater. Now can almost stomach an elephant. Feel so guilty, esp now i seem to be gaining the most weight. Think i shld exercise some self control.
Also, experiencing bleeding gums. Very worried that bcos i'm short of Calcium. think i'll pay a dentist visit soon. Anyone else here take vitamin supplements other than folic. My gynae recommends me to take Calcium and Iron too. Anyone taking too? There are even frens taking fish oil and my hubby wans to take it too. Find swallowing folic and Calcium already so tedious.

Hi Sarsi, oh... I also feel the bb poke me. Even felt like a poke then a scratch. Felt 4 kicks once when I was on the MRT and the train was a little jerky. Guess the little one was feeling insecure.
happy.gif

Actually, I lost 2 kg as soon as I found out I was pregnant, coz lost of appetite. So if u are counting pre-preg weight and current weight, I gained 0.5kg. But net gain is 2.5kg. I think most gains now are from baby weight, placenta, breasts as well as all intestines all cramped together.

I actually looked preg very fast. Seems like my intestines all started moving up very fast.... what about all of you?

Am also feeling very hungry lately. So I keep snacking on biscuits, and cheese sandwiches. Love cheese sandwiches, fried ikan billis and sandines. Crazy, but all these never seem to be what I like particularly before preg. What about u?

So far, I only have one mat dress and a couple mat three-quarter pants. The only normal clothes I wear are dresses... coz cannot wear the pants and the skirts anymore. My mat clothes are hand-me-downs. So, have not even bought one mat dress.
Am thinking of going to Little India to buy panjabi suits - cheaper and also can use after preg. In addition, don't like the mat designs.. the nice ones are so expensive; while the cheap ones are not so cheap either and designs are not that great too. Sarsi, do u realise that the mat dresses are a little long? The hand-me-downs I got are quite long.. am thinking of bringing it to my mom's to get it altered.

Think next time we should open one mat shop and design clothes for poor preg women like us... ehehee....
happy.gif

Lucky me - have not been having constipation... just using the toilet less frequently, but not constipation yet. Maybe course I drank fresh fruit juice and eat fruits every day. Hey! I just realise that I am spending too much on food now as compared to last time (thanks to the fruits and fresh fruit juices for lunch). What about u girls? What do u have for lunch at the office? Actually, I pity my bb. No home cooked food coz me and hubby go out to eat every day. Hope bb is getting all the nutrients he/she needs.

B2B3M4, u have a cute nick... sounds like the banans-in-pyjamas "B1 and B2".
happy.gif

Just noticed that you, Sarsi and me share close EDD dates. Wondering when u girls will be doing your detailed scan. Mine is on 21st Feb 2004.

Soyabean,
I dun burp alot. Only when I drink gassy drinks then will burp after that.

B2B3M4,
I'm curious, what does your nick mean? Sometimes have difficulties typing it. Hee...Hummm, you are indeed small frame, not like me fat fat even b4 preggie. My target is not to go above 15kg for the entire pregnnacy, seems like it is very hard to achieve. Spring will be having new arrivals b/w 16th-20th this mth. So you can go take a look. I have stopped taking folic since week 12. Now I'm taking Neurogain (fish oil), calcium pills n Multi Vit. I'm not taking iron pills yet, dunno why will have constipation. Guess gotta take mjore fruits. But eating fruits outside very expensive.

Emily,
Good for you, you only put on 0.5kg from your pre-preg weight. Envy..... I didnt buy any mat. dresses so far. They are all tops n bottoms. Find the dresses very girly n not to my taste. Thou they are more comfortable. Think prob in later stage then wear dresses cos by then our tummy will be so huge 2pcs clothes might not fit.Me n hubby oso eat out very often. We dun cook and prob only once or twice a week dinner go back MIL place to eat. Other than that we always dine outside. No choice.

Emily,
My next appt is 12th Feb. Havent got the appt for the detail scan, prob next week then she tell me. Cos it will be done at TMC I think.

hehe sarsi...
i dun dare to take gassy drinks now cos i know i wld burp alot after that...

me hv abt 4 mat dresses in my wardrobe now. i need to attend meetings sometimes so i need some more formal kind of dresses. somehow i feel tops and bottoms are more casual.

emily...
yeah... my tummy quite big now... and my upper abdomen oso kena pushed up so looks quite big oso... hehe....

Emily

I have also been spending a lot on food esp for tea breaks in the morn and afternoon. I cant really take 3 heavy meals cos i would feel very uncomfy so i take 5 small meals lor but end up spending quite a bit. Normally i take ecy rice cos i tot it is more balanced. Sometimes i take soupy stuff. I also like spicy stuff nowadays like tomyam but i try to restrict myself.

B2B3M4,Privileged, Soyabean

I have constipation also since i took multi-vit Pramilet. Think it has more iron than any other vits in it. Is ur stools dark in colour?? Mine is.
I am oleady taking 2 servings of frutis daily, but still constipate, thinki need to take more or take prune juice or prunes.

Soyabean

yes, i also burp quite a lot and sometimes i just burp out when i eat out with friends or colleagues. SO embarrassing !

Hi Sarsi,
U r rite, me small built. I'm only near to 1.5m. Pre-preg wt abt 40kg. Thyme & 9mois pants v exp leh, i can't bear to buy. The most exp i bot is low-waist pant fr. Spring and its the best that i like.

Hi b2b3m4, my gynae gave me Multi-Vit.

I dun like those pants cover mid-tummy or full-tummy leh. Recently, i wear this type to work and feel uncomfortable at mid day, mayb becos the elastic band is abit tight (but too loose will drop leh). Also will have the band marking on tummy, does anyone of u encountered???

Btw, spring got website: www.springmaternity.com

Hmm, my constipation comes on and off...

Hi Sahara,
Me too taking multi-vit Pramilet, and stools are dark. I also take a lot of spicy food, hee.

hi soyabean,

remember me piggy? our edd 1 day apart
happy.gif

i haven't felt bb movements yet. i always feel churning in tummy, so can't really tell.

btw, my bb very guai... let me see HIM during my last visit to gynae
biggrin.gif

Now waiting for my triple test results, hope everything's ok.

piggy!
halo.... so u oso got ur bb's gender confirmed!! hehe... i can update the list at MTB thread liao.
happy.gif

if the churning u feel is below ur belly button, high chances its the bb.
happy.gif

me oso jus did the triple test... oso waiting for results... hope no call from kk... cos their policy is no news is good news.

hi sarsi...
me hv been wearing flats... even b4 i was preggie.
happy.gif
used to survive on heels last time... but somehow after started wearing flats... grown to love their comfyness.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Why B2B3M4? Nothing lah... Juz worked wif too much passwords, too used to mixed alphanumeric tog...

My gynae wanted me to take Pramilet too. And yes, iron do give u dark stools and urine and constipation too. So i'm having reservation. Tot my usual meals seem ok. But i know i'm quite lacking in calcium. I'm a totally non milk person, juz maybe 1-2 slices of cheese per week. That;s y now i'm very worried when my teeth gums bleed easily.

My next appt wif KKH is on 11th Feb, will be able to find out abt BB's gender then. Hubby is getting all excited.

When u ladies were talking abt the triple tests, are we talking abt the blood test to find out whether BB is ok? Not too sure whether i shld go for it. Cos' the the results are not 100% accurate and i don wan to go thru the agony to only to find my BB is normal.

Soyabean, you have been wearing flats all along then its fine. Cos its hard to switch. Some of my colleagues see me still wearing heels they scold me.

B3B4M4, I think your bleeding gums could be due to your lack of calcium. If u dun take milk, prob you can try other substitutes like soyabean and take more green leafy vegetables n ikan billis n sardines.

Welcome to those newcomers!!!

It seems like this thread is getting active.

I really envy u girls with good appetite leh. For me, there's no change leh. I don't crave for food at all. My mil just told me to take more tonic y'day as she finds that my tummy not getting bigger though I'm in 21 weeks liao. But to me, it's fine as long as bb is growing.

I'll be going to see gynae on 9th Feb. Hopefully, my gynae can confirm my bb's gender.
happy.gif

Giggler, hope you are feeling better and is recovering. U envy us cos of our good appetite? U muz be joking.... I'm more scared of the weight gain ah. Hope u get to know yr bb's gender next mon. Muz tell us huh.

Hi soyabean/Sarsi, I guess man is always like that hor... Always find that the other side of pasture greener. I feel abit miserable when I hungry but no appetite to eat leh. Worse, all the food taste so bland to me now.

Hi Sarsi, I'll definitely let u gals know. Hopefully, my gynae can confirm bb is ger-ger by next Mon. I've been looking thru books to look for English names liao. But so far, I've not seen anything I like.

giggler...
the scan u did last week not confirmed its ger?
happy.gif

oh dear... no matter, still hv to eat leh... if not bb no nourishment.
happy.gif

Hi all, I'm taking pre-natal multi-vitamins which has higher dosage of most of the essential nutrients that pregnant mums need. Don't think that's the cause of the constipation because my constipation only started a week or two ago.

I've been eating lots of prunes. Marginal improvement only. Still have to sit really long to get going. Drink lots of fluids and eat plenty of fruits and veges also. *sigh*

Hi ladies,
Anyone taking supplements that help to boost BB's IQ, health etc. Like fish oil, DHA etc. Is it nec?

Hi soyabean, the gynae who scanned for me the other time can't confirm so hopefully my gynae is able to see clearly next Mon. Ya lor, I practically force myself to eat though everything like so tasteless.

Hi Priviledged, guess constipation is part of the package for preggies.
happy.gif

Hi B2B3M4, I really curious what your nick means leh. I'm taking fish oil supplement though my gynae said it's not necessary and didn't prescribe. But as I can't take fish after I preggie, my friend suggested that I take the supplement.

B2B3M4,
Some gynaes will prescribe Neurogain some don't so its up to individual docs. For me, my gynae has been giving me tat since the 1st time I see her. On the bottle it says it is for bb's brain n DHA. Dunno how true.

Giggler

where did u get ur fish oil? my gynae also told me not to take any other dietary supplements.

Just eat things tt u like, at least u're eating rite?? I read a book tt says eat anything so long as everything has a bit of nutrition in it.

Hi Gig,
I'll go back n try to remember y i shld that nick again. Memory is failing me. Wonder the rest of the ladies have such a problem.
I agree wif u, can't really stomach seafood now esp. sotong. However, got this sudden liking for red meat???? Very strange, was never a red meat fan. Now hubby wan to force me to swallow those cod liver oil capsules too, trying all means to avoid them.

Hey ladies,
Juz wan to check again whether anyone is going for the blood tests to test whether the baby has Down's syndrome. Now in a dilemma, since the test is not 100% and if the test doesn;t show +ve results, means i need to go for aminocistesis, which involves MORE risk. Pls help. I need to make the decision by next wednesday. Me and hubby has even discussed what to do if the bb was really found to have Down's.

Hi sahara, my friend got the fish oil supplements from GNC. It's not Neurogain brand. I not sure if you can get Neurogain in normal pharmacy. My gynae said the same thing leh. He said that as long as I take the Pramilet multi-vit can liao.

Hi B2B3M4, I got change of appetite also leh. I used to be chilli queen and can't stand ketchup at all. But now, I like ketchup leh. Funny hor? Are u sure we can take cod liver oil? You better check with your gynae leh. I think we can't just take any kind of fish oil now. I didn't take the triple tests cos hubby and I want to take things naturally.

Giggler,

how many mg u took? Is it a daily thing? My colleagues volunteered to buy Neorogain from her gynae but i dotn know whtehr should i take or not. I heard tt Streats had an article tt says fish oil is good for immune sys of bb also.

I also cannot stand the taste of fish unless they r fried nowadays.

Hi, I went to a gynae in Punggol and she gave me Neurogain too. But when I switched gynae, her staff refused to sell it to me. My gynae says it is not necessary... as long as we take enough healthy food of all kinds should be fine.

Regarding the triple test, my gynae doesn't tell anyone to take it unless they are over 30 years old. Besdies, it is not 100%, so why stress yourself out if the test turned out positive. In addition, after carrying the baby almost half the way, would you want to let it go? It is afterall your baby. What if the tests turn out positive and you abort but actually the baby is just fine... how would you feel?

For me, I would rather not take that test and let it come naturally. No matter what happens, I believe we will all love our babies.

My gynae also said fish oil supplements are not necessary, its better to eat fish - the natural source. Triple test... he recommends unless u refuse to. Its not 100%, so if the results r no good, will do another test - aminocentesis. This one will confirm whether got downsyndrome.

Hi Piggy,
My gynae is from KKH and it seems to be recommended for all ldadies regardless of their age. Even with aminocentesis, there is a risk of miscarriage but the baby could have been normal. I'm agonising over this. Bcos' i do have a Down's cousin and i know it is very hard on the parents and the siblings. And their temper can be quite bad. So i can understand the agony of having a Down's child.

Hi B2B3M4,

I used to see a downsyn kid in my neighbourhood to. I agree, it is not easy... both for the kid and the parents. You can be very determined now... but what about 20 years down the road? What about your other kids if u plan to have more than 1? If its a serious case, he or she may not be able to take care of himself / herself at all... When the parents are gone, what happens to the poor kid? He/she will be middle age, can't take care of himself, left all alone... or in some charitable home.

Sorry if i sound too bleak and practical... just my personal opinion.

Hi sahara, I not sure abt the dosage leh. I just take one daily. I can't stand any form of fish nowadays but at times I still force myself to eat a little lor.

Hi emily, my hubby & I got the same thot as u regarding triple test. That's why I opt out of it.

Back