(2004/05) MAY Babies

Alicia's Daddy,
young at heart also must have the energy to run after them mah.
happy.gif

Nowadays Singaporean do exercise more,
do ask your male colleagues to do some exercises,
ask them to join u lah... kekeke... pull them alone!

Good planning for #2, we wanted to semi-retire early too,
so this time is "di di" lor...
It's usually like this, 1st time very excited,
2nd time take it easy,
if there's a 3rd time, let's take our own sweet time.
happy.gif

Any good retirement plans to share?

Koala,
Great!
happy.gif

Both my kids are clingly to me,
esp when they are hungry or tired.
I have no fix menus for my kids,
just feed them wat I have in mind.
happy.gif

Hi,

I am new here. So far, I have 2 kids, born in May 2003 and July 2005. Eldest is boy and younger is girl. Hope no more no.3 hehe.

My boy went to half-day CC. Became SAHM since Feb 2006. Have lost weight 4 kg since I become SAHM haha. But would like to lose 3 more kg to get back my pre-pregnancy weight.

Sometimes, I feel it is good to have a forum like this. Cos, I no longer able to talk about kiddy stuff with my friends as most of them have no kids yet
happy.gif

Nadiya
Welcome. Hee... I put on weight ah. 10kg in a yr!!! I lost all my preg weight, then put back on!!

Yah lor, sometimes talk to frens abt kids, they oso sian ah. Are you v young?

Cher,
Glad to finally know the person that start off this thread. Busy running after your kids?

Leng Leng,
I usually run on the weekend, so most of colleagues have their own family plans.
Retirement plan? Typical advise from FA, save 20% of your income, do not have debt more than 40% of your income, Invest the rest after deducting expenses. IMHO, spend S$1/week for TOTO, and hope for that lucky star to shine upon you..hahaha..

Nadiya,
Welcome. Have #3 loh, so can shed another 3Kg..Juz kidding.
You must be very young (like Mom2nat mentioned), since most of your friends do not have kids.

Giggler,
I signed up Alicia for Zoo-phonics after attending the trial class. At her age, she is placed with others which are from 18-30mths. There are 3 others in the class but 2 of them are very young like 18mths-20mths. I am requesting to place her to the class with 30mths old kid and above to try since I think she is ready to learn more than play. For the trial class, they only introduce the first 5 animals (A-E), and that only took <3minutes our of the 60minutes program. The rest are act-n-craft work. I decided to give it a try for a term since I cannot comment on the benefit with 1 class.

Alicia's daddy
My hubby jogs in Mt Faber or Tiong Bahru or Pasir Ris. How abt u?
Hmmm.... 3 min on phonic n the rest of the time on act n craft? I suppose u r the 1 doing art n craft rite?

Cher
Wz wondering where hv u been

Nadiya
Welcome
When did u start sending your boi to cc?
How's life as a sahm?

Koala,
Where do you stay?
Mt Faber and Tiong Bahru is near, but Pasir Ris? very far leh.
I run around my place, sometimes in NTU, sometimes to discovery centre, sometimes to Jurong Point.

Koala,
Yes, 3mins on the first 5 introduction to the characters, rest was art-n-craft.
Hehe, I let Alicia did the craft herself, I only stayed by her side to guide her. She can squeeze the glue, colour the objects and stick the paper herself, but the colouring was all outside the boundaries. I just let her explore loh.

All the mommies are helping their kid to do the craft except me. The only Daddy inside and letting Alicia to do it herself. Wife sitting outside reading newspaper...pregnant, so must rest mah.

Alicias daddy, so its just weekend class? The ratio is good hor? Only 5 in a class.
They dun have music &amp; movement?

Hi Nadiya,
welcome welcome..
happy.gif

Alicias daddy,
my hubby runs on weekends morning b4 the kids wake up,
he'll usually be home by 11AM,
sometimes at ECP.
happy.gif

BTW, I like your retirment plan... kekeke...
Now me now no income, talk about it when I return to the workforce.

Giggler,
Yes, just weekend class for now. I understand that their typical ratio is 1:8. I think because the timing is 12-1pm, so not many people opt for this timing.

No Music and Movement that day leh.
I guess they may have it later. I am so focus on how they teach the phonics that I did not ask abt the other activities :)
Anyway, I already paid for 1 term, so see how loh.

Leng Leng,
I prefer to run in the evening because Alicia is the one that wakes me up in the morning....hehehe..

Alicia's daddy, it's true that you cant tell much from just one lesson if your gal likes it. So kan cheong abt your No.2 now?

Giggler,
I will be setting up the bb cot this coming weekend. We went to Si Ma Lu to buy confinement tonics stuff last weekend. Kind of little excited now.

You want to put Vane for ZP?

Alicia's daddy, rem to ask your wife to stay out of the house while you assemble the bb cot, if you pantang. Who is doing cf for your wife? Her mom? Thot of looking out other alt since the new teacher at MMI is not very gd. But then sounds like MMI got more things compared to ZP leh. So haven decide. hehehe.......

Alicia's daddy
I stay in Pasir Ris during wk day
Hahaha, once my hubby brot Chen Chen to MMI class, he let Chen Chen did art n craft. All mummies did for their tods. The next art n craft session onwards, I let Chen Chen do art n craft himself except cutting of pic. Daddy n mummy hv different way of teaching. I agree dat shld let tod do the art n craft as long as it is not dangerous
Aiyo only <3 min on phonic. Thot it's whole lesson on phonic since the school is called zoophonic
Chen Chen wakes me up during wk n

Leng Leng
Wat time do your kids wake up?

Giggler
Tis sat is the last lesson for MMI lesson @ Kovan. Last Sat a snr teacher reliefed a regular teacher. She asked us to register for the next term tis Sat. A parent after hearing me said dat the teacher taught the same thing asked the snr teacher if the lesson is going to b the same. She said of coz not otherwise she won't ask us to register. I told her the lessons r the same for the 2 terms. Than another parent fm the previous term voice out. The other 1 kept quiet. The snr teacher said she will draft the lesson for the next term n ensured it's diff. Now I dunno whether to cont or not
sad.gif

Leng Leng,
Yeah lor. Last weekend, I slept in later than her, and something sweet happened. Alicia came up to me (I was awaked but pretending to sleep), and she pulled down my T-shirt to cover my lower back, stroke my hair and whispered to my ear, "good night". She was imitating us :)

Giggler,
My wife will remind me. She more pantang than me.
My MIL will be coming from Malaysia to do confinement this time. For Alicia, we engaged a CF lady during confinement. I have a video on how the CF lady bathed Alicia when she was <1mth old, just in case wife forget after 1mth.

IMHO, IMM cirriculum is more diversifywhile ZP is niche (focus mainly only on phonics). I hope I am right.

Koala,
Yeah, only <3mins. Maybe because it is a new class and first lesson, they only do basic introduction. The art-n-craft focus is on doctor, but I cannot find a link between doctor and A-E leh. Oh yes, I help Alicia to cut the paper.

At least, when i asked Alicia what did teacher taught her, she can reply doctor. hahaha...

Can ask the snr teacher for a review of the lesson draft before signing up? Aiyo, parents must approve the lesson liao..hahahaha..

Koala, if Chen Chen is attending the daily PG then can stop the weekend MMI. Me continue with MMI cos still cant decide to go for ZP or not.

Alicia's daddy, the funny thing is ZP only focus <3mins in phonics (its niche)? Think MMI still better in terms of the toys... hehehe

Giggler,
You got a point hor.
Let's see what happen this weekend :)
If after 1 term, cannot see any benefit, and still cannot settle Alicia into CC, than may try MMI.

Koala,
depending on what time they sleep the previous night,
if they sleep at 10PM, my gal can wake up at 7.30AM,
then she'll wake the whole family up.
If wthey sleep at 12AM, they'll get up at about 10AM.
happy.gif

Alicia's daddy
Alicia is so sweet to cover your lower back when u were sleeping. She will b a gd jie jie
Doctor starts wif letter D it's in A-E
wink.gif

I thot of asking the snr teacher to show me the draft but dunno she will show me or not

Giggler
I register Chen Chen wif MMI coz I can teach him wat the teacher taught in class. I dunno wat playgp teacher taught
Talk abt MMI mat'l, the snr teacher made n announcement last wk dat student r allowed to play wif the mat'l only if the teacher teaches them.
angry.gif
Wanna clarify how do they mean if I wanna cont for the next term
U wanna send Vane to zoophonic?

Leng Leng
Do your children wake up middle of the 9?

Koala,
I hope she can be a good jie jie.
I can understand Doctor, but how about needle, stethoscope, plaster etc?
You can suggest a PTA meeting to co-develop the cirriculum mah.

That is MMI methodology. In MMI, the kid is suppose to play with the toys a teacher guiding along. The teacher suppose to let the kid self-experiment, but guide along the way to reach the objective of the play.

Alicia wakes up in the middle of the night if the weather is warm, but we switch off the air-con.

Koala, oic... at least you can reinforce what he has learnt in MMI. Usu the teacher will show the kid how to play the material, then the kid will follow. But if the class is too big, then its difficult to achieve. I think you shd really talk to the snr teacher to get the clear pix. Not at the moment, I just signed Vane up for another mth at MMI.

Koala,
my boy doesn't wake up after full month,
but when he's about 3.5 mths old,
I think there's a growth spur,
now he wakes up every 2.5-3 hrs for feed.

My gal don't wake up at night.
happy.gif

Arghhhh... hate dis, why dis forum canot "QUOTE" reply one... ><"

Alicia's Daddy n koala,

yup, MIA for months, started wif my gal, caught "chicken pox", follow by... sigh... one of my beloved family member warded, then icu then passed away due to cancer... so kind of low mood to cum in here to chat, oli frequent in Market section, cos no work, nid some incum to sell away my pre-stuffs...cham
sad.gif

hi lengleng,
after months of training, my gal still didnt manage to pee on the "tam tong"... oli "poo" on the "tam tong"...
she dun even care on the stars on her diaper...anyway, at this moment, this thing dun bother me much liao... the most bothering problem is... i started to drive lately, i hav stopped driving ever since i'm pregnant... but becos due to my gal is a bf baby, i nv trained her to take baby seat while traveling on car... now i cant seems to let her sit on her baby seat when driving... i gave her books, toys, lollipop... all for minutes nia, then she starts to unbucken her seatbelt... any tips???
angry.gif

Hi aunty_faye,
it takes lots of patience to toilet train them,
after so much had happened, rest a little while more first.

Which type of baby seat are you using for her,
cause mine's "impossible" for my girl to unbuckle.
For us, if she refuses to sit in the child seat,
we'll cancel the gai gai trip,
head straight home again.
When we are home, ask if she wants to go out,
and it'll only be done if she sits in the child seat.
You can try playing her favourite songs in tha car.
HTHs.
happy.gif

cher, you much better now? Hope everything is getting better for you. I think my gal is having regression on potty training too. She used to tell us if she want to pee/poo but not recently. Sigh.... I also not sure what to do so just let her be for the time being.

Giggler
I read the Supernanny book. Potty training should be rewards and praises, not scolding or negative ways... maybe you can ask your mom to work on tat. Well, I always try to "praise" and encourage Nat, but she still not peeing in potty leh.

Alicia's daddy
Probably needle, stethoscope, plaster is related to Dr??
Err... wat is PTA?
The thing is the teacher hardly teach the kids to use the mat'l in Kovan. parents make use of the time b4 class commence (Now they open the dr sharp when the class commence) n b4 class n. N I like abt MMI is bcoz of the toys. If can't use the mat'l freely than defeat the purpose liao

Giggler
Chen Chen's class is fairly big. If wait for teacher to guide than gotta sit there gong gong wait for teacher to come. Besides tod's attention span is short. After a while, they wanna change mat'l liao.
Wat do u do during mat'l time b4 the teacher comes to gudie Vane?

Leng Leng
Your boi still young, normal to wake up for milk.
Chen Chen still wake up once @ 9 leh. He seldom sleeps thru

Cher
My condolence to your family
U mean mkt section in tis forum? Easy to sell or not? My hubby got brand new speaker to sell
My boi can't even poo in potty. Lately dunno y sit in potty v long can't poo. Remove fm potty he poo. On the flr somemore
sad.gif

Is the safety belt for your gal's car seat easily unbuckle? A mum in another thread said she bot a leash to leash her son on top of the seat belt

I m v vexed over toilet training. Chen Chen said many times ok ok he will tell but he either dun tell or tell only after he poo. Urinating is even worse. Never tell
I praise him n even rewarded him wif flushing water (he likes to do dat) @ the time when he poo in the potty but still unsucessful. Now I told him if u dun tell, I won't nurse u.
angry.gif
He gave me empty promises for 3 days liao

Mom2Nat, told my mom abt it but still no use leh.

Koala, I usu reach MMI 15min before sch commences for Vane to use the materials. We dun have the ruling that the teacher must be there to guide them lah. So I'll usu be the one to demo to Vane how to use the mat'l before she starts on it. Vane will complete the task before she changes the matl leh so still ok. Huh? Chen poo on the flr? Maybe Chen still not ready for toilet-train yet?

Cher,
Sorry to hear about your situation. Time heals all wounds. Hope you are feeling better.

We started Alicia on car seat when she was 18mths old, and she has already developed the habit of seating in car seat. The only time she refused was when I changed the car seat, and she missed the old one. Now ok liao.

For Alicia, the problem is that she likes to pull her hand/shoulder out of the belt straps. I told her that if she does that, police will catch. She has since learnt to keep her shoulder in the straps.

Koala,
Yes, those items are related to Doctor, but how does it reinforce the learning of A to E?
PTA - Parents-Techers-Association.

I believe that it is matter of time the kid will be toilet-trained eventually. Be patience.

Giggler,
Is it because Vane is too engross in her play?
When Alicia is too engross in your play, she will hold on until she cannot tahan, and pee on the spot.

RE: Childcare centre
Today really "Pai Wu long".
Since wife has a gynae appt today around late afternoon, we decided to take a day leave to visit some CC, but realised this morning that it is Teacher's day. Aiya, wasted a day.

Giggler
During orientation, MMI teacher told me there is a waiting area where we can let our tod play wif the mat'l. Only 2 wks ago dat they came out wif the new rule. I guess it's bcoz the teachers r fed up wif picking up the mat'l n arrange them back in order.
Anyway I wz v pissed off last sat. I m not going to cont wif the new term liao. Thot of giving them a chance n cont wif another term. Went there earlier to register for new term. Teacher allowed me in but told me dat admin staff not in yet. Told me can reg after the class. I told her I gotta rush off dat's y I came so early to reg. She asked me for name n said will inform admin staff. After dat ASKED ME TO GO OUT N WAIT! I asked if can let my son play wif the mat'l She said No. I told her we used to play b4 class starts. She said NO SUCH THING! I told her I wz there for 2 terms. She than said rule changed. I told my hubby she chased the God of Fortune out of the dr man.
My hubby said perhaps Chen Chen can't ctrl his muscle yet. So can't tell in advance. Chen Chen v cute, promised me everything n can tell me will tell puo puo wu yao da bian in order to get me nurse him

Alicia's daddy
I guess it's to introduce Doctor for D and things dat r related to the profession. Not teaching Doctor alone. Which I think is gd
I dunno cc closed on Teacher's day. They provide cc svc, shld close only on public holiday mah. Parents need to work on teacher's day wat.
We blurred too. Brot Chen Chen to playgroup on Youth day. The teacher blurred too. Told us to bring Chen Chen on the 1st Mon of Jul which wz closed for Youth day

Alicia's daddy, no lah, Vane not really engrossed in her play. Think she's scared of telling us as my mom will smack her buttock.

Koala, how come the teacher need to pick up the mat'l after the kids? The kids should be the one to place the mat'l in the correct place leh. That's what the teacher emphasized at JW centre. They have diff colour tray for diff level of mat'l and they expect the kids to put back the mat'l back to the respective shelf. It's ridiculous that the teacher doesnt allow you in before class. Think she doesnt want to start work early is it?

Koala,
Alicia learnt about Fireman yesterday, associated with helmet, axe, gloves, boots, jacket, but she loves the messy part of having paints on her palm and printing on paper.

So unfortunate that this thing happen. I think the teacher should be more flexible since it is early. You forget to wear the "Cia Shen Ye" hat :p

RE: Childcare
I visited Sparkletots in Ayer Rajah (Pandan Gardens) on Sat morning. Alicia likes it when she goes there. Big space for her to run around.
It is theme based, and most of the teachers have diploma in CC. The CC is located insider Ayer Rajah Community Club, and is under PAP (PCF).

I am thinking of putting her there since my parents are there everyday (except Monday).

Giggler,
I think you need to advise your mom to encourage Vane instead of smacking her buttock.

Giggler
Precisely. The kids shld put back the toys. It's either the kids din do dat or n excuse. The centre wz opened. The teacher juz dun let me in. WAT IS TIS!

Alicia's daddy
Not sure if u read Ava's post in Jun/Jul bb thread mentioned abt visiting central fire station for free. Sound fun
The teacher is a Malay, doesn't recognise cia shen ye hat
wink.gif

Is Sparkletots a cc or pre school?
Saw your posting abt leapfrog dvd in zoophonic thread. Wat is dat?

Alicia's daddy
You have a leapfrog thingy at home?? I was thinking of getting one for my nephew who is coming to 4, but I saw a few variations, dunno which one suitable. Got recommendations?

Alicia's daddy, so you'll place Alicia with your parents on weekdays? Told my mom not to smack her buttock??? Just knew yday that my mom came up with another method, asked her to pull her ears and said "wo yao da bian"...

Koala, cool down... at least the teacher helped you to decide whether to continue for another term or not... hehehe

Mom2Nat, Vane got the Leapfrog Touch Pad. Though its from 18mth-3yrs but Vane still doesnt really know how to play with it. Also she not interested in it lah.

Koala,
Yes, read about the central fire station. I know of this museum but did not have plan to visit yet. Actually, I planned to bring Alicia to the Home team Academy Open house last Saturday, but she napped till 5pm, so decided not to go.

I am still new to Leapfrog. Noticed good review of this DVD that teaches Phonics from some mommies here, so keen to get one.

Sparkletots is a CC (got playgroup, Nursery and kindergarden). Actually hor, I duuno what is the differences between CC and pre-school leh *shy*

Mom2nat,
I do not have the leapfrog DVD, or anything leapfrog. I have business trips to US sometime in Nov, and Dec, so thinking of getting from Amazon there, and hand carry back. Some mommies are interested, so I will let them know when my trip is firm up. I think most of the recommended ones are the DVD titled "Letter Factory" and "Talking Words Factory"

*Note This is not BP, just a favour.

Giggler,
Weekdays will be CC (Sparkletots Ayer Rajah). My parents is running a small business next to the CC, so if there should be anything urgent, they can attend to Alicia first. Weekend ourselves.

Wow, your mom got many methods.

Giggler,
We are targeting to start in November.
Need to check if she can start Nursery immediately.

As you and Koala mentioned, we need to make sure that she do not feel like we are sending her to CC because of di di.

Giggler
Y your mum makes Vane pull her ears and said "wo yao da bian"... ?
Oh ya gd in dat sense
biggrin.gif

Wat is the Leapfrog touch pad for? May b vane will appreciate it later?

Alicia's daddy
cc provides chilcare svc whereas pre school provides nursery education.
Ay can do me the favor or not on your US trip??

Alicia's daddy, so you send Alicia to cc only when your wife needs to start work?

Koala, to 'punish' her if she forgot to announce that she's gg to poo. The Leapfrog touchpad can tell story by attaching a cassette to it. Then you can also play interactive game with it. But Vane shows not much interest lah.

Koala,
Sure, no problem as long as you do not ask me to bring back those 6" tall mickey mouse from Disneyland :). Just let me know.

Giggler,
We will probably start her while my wife is still on maternity leaves. I plan to take 3 days leaves to help Alicia settle down into the cc.
I will be in charge of fetching Alicia to and from the CC (If I am travelling, we will get my parents to help out), while she will take care of sending and picking up the #2.

Alicia's daddy, it's really not easy to have more kids hor? At least you've settled your care-giving prob. ;)

Giggler,
Yeah. Our target is to stop at 2.
I think it is the transition in many phases of our life. Nothing is easy. Looking at a longer term, it will be wonderful to sit down one day when your kids grow up and become independent, and our turn to "pao Sun Zi"....:)

Are you still considering the CC in Gek Poh? or you are leaving to your maid now?

Alicia's daddy, most prob wont leave Vane in CC liao. I very scared that Vane got sick after attending cc leh. Cos I worried that she'll spread the illness to my nieces and think it'll cause more trouble for my mom. Now I'm considering of sending her to 3hr PG next yr or the yr after.

Giggler
Does Vane pull her ears n say wo yao da bian?
Actually hor tod fall sick easily when attending daily school. So PG n cc no diff.

Alicia's daddy
Hey gd suggestion for a 6" tall Mickey. Hmmmm
biggrin.gif

So sweet of u. I wanna find out more abt Leapfrog b4 I decide to buy or not lor.
Ay tell us when your wife pop ok

Back