(2004/05) MAY Babies

Giggler
U help Vane to trace her hand?
My hubby brot Chen Chen to MMI last sat. Suprisingly Chen Chen wz v responsive during the chinese lesson. My hubby find the lesson interesting. He said perhaps it's his 1st time there, so he finds it interesting
Chen Chen is not interested in puzzles. I notice he is interested in 3D obj He likes leggo. Does Vane like leggo?

Alicia's daddy
Chen Chen likes to eat our food too. But he is the type who knows his limit. Chen Chen is the same as my hubby, won't put on wt easily, unlike me
sad.gif

Many ppl believe dat the 1st child will b v clingy to mummy when no 2 is on the way

Koala, we helped each other to trace hands and legs. Didnt intro Vane to lego. I not sure if Vane knows her limit leh. My bros commented that she can eat round the clock.

Giggler
Vane prob doesn't know her limit, cos nobody taught her tat. Same as for TV. Maybe now she demands it cos your mom will always on for her and gave her all the snacks she wants. I try to restrict Nat sometimes. Imagine they are only 2 yrs old, yet let them eat and watch tv as and when they want??? To me, it's too much lor.
Try Lego. Nat has one set since 1 yr old. She used to bite it, now she doesn't. And she loves it, can play everyday.

Wife slipped down this morning, and after posting the last msg, rushed to pick her up from office to TMC. Went through the CTG, and scan, everything is fine. Wife only hurt her ankle and resting at home now.

One couple also did CTG at the same time, and heard from my wife that the woman is in 31 week, and has some bleeding, so need to be admitted. I noticed the woman sobbing, and I felt so helpless. Heard that the bb is fine, but probably need to let the bb come out before full term...*haiz*...took half day leave to stay at home with wife.

Koala,
My whole family can put on weight easily :p
I think Alicia do not know her limit, it is us who restrict her from eating too much.

Giggler,
The price for that CC is a bit on the high side, but they have water confidence/swimming as part of the cirriculum, which I find justify the cost.
You want to have some megablok (12pcs type) to try with Vane first? I can pass you mine. PM me if you are keen.

Giggler
Is there lego @ MMI?
Can tell dat Vane is a big eater fm her size
biggrin.gif

Alicia's daddy
OMG, your wife slipped!! Gotta b v careful. Aiyo, swollen ankle. Ask her to walk slowly. Watch every step. I used to walk as slow as elephant
My own family oso put on wt easily.

Mon2Nat
Chen Chen is exceptional. He knows his limit. Same as my hubby. C I m the only fatty @ home
sad.gif

Mom2Nat, we try our best to limit her food intake. Dun want her to be obese also. Got to get Lego for her then.

Alicias daddy, glad to hear that your wife is ok now. Tell her to rest well and dun walk too much. Thanks for your Lego offerK They have swimming lessons for all ages? Thats good.

Koala, think theres Lego at MMI but Vane never touch. Ya, she not only big eater, she eats everything. Good that Chen Chen knows his limit.

Giggler,Koala,
Thanks for your concern. I asked her not to carry Alicia even though Alicia insist.

Giggler,
You can check out the place if you are free.
Had discussion with wife, and she thinks that the weekend playgrp price can be better spend on other better enrichment program, like MMI. MMI JW has not contacted me on the avaiiability yet leh.

RE: Enrichment program
What are the available enrichment programs for a 2-2.5YO?

RE: Slipping
Slip seems to be the key word recently. *Haiz*
Was at MAC IMM yesterday with my friend and family. Alicia was sitting with my friend's 2 daughters on the plastic bench. It seems strange that we always pull a toddler chair for her but totally neglected this time.

Happily eating her sweet corn, the table seemed to move out a little. While she tried to pull herself closer, she slipped down the rounded edge of the plastic bench and landed on the floor. Next thing is the loud crying in MAC, and everyone was looking at our direction.

Fortunately, nothing serious, just a slight knock on her head. She stopped crying after we passed her the happy meal toy to play with. Phewww...

If you happened to be at MAC IMM around 11-12pm yesterday, and heard a gal crying, that was us :p

Alicia's daddy, there's quite a few enrichment pro ard for 2-2.5yo. But most of them are not in our area. The one I prefer most is Julia Gabriel at Evans for their environment and teachers' quality. At least she stopped crying quite fast hor? Lucky it's nothing serious.
happy.gif

Giggler,
Actually, I am keen in getting Alicia to start Phonics, but to my knowledge, it is only cater to 4YO and above. I think I will just wait till Nov and place her into full day CC loh.

so you not sending her to any enrichment prog at the moment? JG not really into phonics, its GUG that teaches zoophonics.

Giggler,
Dunno leh. Still looking for suitable one.
What is JG?
I read from other thread that the kid will associate animals with the alphabets in zoophonics, instead of recognising the alphabets. Not sure about letterland phonics?
My colleague told me not to waste $$ to learn phonics at Alicia's age, but wait till she turn 3YO.

Alicia's daddy, JG=Julia Gabriels. My col told me to teach phonics only when kids are 4yo. I find zoophonics effective cos the main purpose of phonics is for the kids to know the sound of alphabets and not the alphabets itself. Vane still rem Ally Alligator a, a, a... and she learnt this from GUG when she was just 18mths. I was surprised myself that she still rem.
happy.gif

Think MMI is using Letterland. Which they have a song for each alphabet, eg ants on the apple a, a,a.... which Vane is learning now.

Of these two methods, I find that zoophonics is more effective cos of the animals and actions, I think.

Btw, there's a Zoophonics sch at Blk502. They provide both weekday and weekend class. Also have bus transport.

Alicia's Daddy
Nat learnt zoo phonics at GUG oso. NOw when I ask her wat is "A", she will tell me "A" and I ask wat's the sound for A, she will say "Ah ah ah"... and making the action for allie alligator. She can do he sounds for all the letters in the alphabets when I ask her each letter. (of cos sometimes wrong answer) So I dun think she associate the sounds with the animals only. So I tink if you wan them to learn the sounds for a to z, zoo phonics quite effective. But the put the sounds tog, then I dunno liao, cos Nat still hasn't mastered it.

Giggler, Mom2nat,
Thanks for the sharing.
I am aware of a school teaching zoophonics in JW. Giggler, thks for the blk number.

Alicia can recognise and read A to Z, but not so familiar with the sound of each alphabet. That is the reason why I am keen to expose her to proper phonics teaching.

At home, I have a phonics VCD which teaches each sound of the alphabet. Alicia also like to watch but she picks up reading the alphabet more than the sound of the alphabet. Also, she has a set of alphabet magnets that you plug into a speaker and it will sing a song with the alphabet and how it sound.

Giggler
I let Chen Chen attend wk n enrichment class tho he is attending daily playgroup coz I can follow up wif the lesson taught in the enrichment class. Besides the daily playgroup lesson has low expectation of kid, the puzzle dat the teacher let the kids do is wat BJG did for 1 yr old tod
U let Vane try the lego @ MMI. If she likes it than u get 4 her

Alicia's daddy
Lucky Alicia wz not badly hurt fm the slip in Mac
MMI teaches phonic. U check wif your cousin. Teacher in MMI told me tod @ tis age actually dunno they r learning phonic with the song they teach in phonic. When they r older, it is easier for them to catch up wif phoic when they learn it coz they than realised they learned it b4
My neighbour's daughter attends I can read. My neighbour told me the pronounciation taught in dat centre is gd but grammer is bad. She told me tod is ready for MMI @ 4 yrs old the earliest. She showed me the textbook fm I can read. V dry a lot of wordings but dat is for 6 yrs old tod

Koala,
Hope Chen Chen and u are ok now.
Alicia got running nose last few days, and now my wife and myself.

Zoo-phonics sent me some information, and I will be checking out in JW this weekend.

My cousin did show me the phonics by MMI, but since I am also not familiar with phonics, I cannot teach her at home. I believe a good foundation is important.

Mom2Nat, you also feel that zoophonics is effective?
happy.gif

Alicia's daddy, let me know how you find zoophonics in JW can? No experience with I Can Read.

Koala, I think I wont send Vane to enrichment classes once I enrolled her in cc. I feel that phonics at MMI not effective as compared to zoophonics.

Giggler,
I have a their brochure with cost and time schedule. I can send you an email if you want it.
I do not think I can attach pdf file in PM.

Alicia's daddy
Chen Chen n I r ok. Thx
Last 9 Chen Chen ha chew ha chew agn n fever. I chua chua. Tis morning he wz ok when I left for work. PHEW!
Flu bugs is in the air. U n your wife take care, esp your wife, fall now flu. Poor thing
MMI sells the tape for phonics. It's simply teaching phonic thru singing

Giggler
Hv u decided on which cc?
Vane can remember zoophoic better than phonic taught in MMI?

Mon2Nat, Alicia's daddy, Giggler
I read there is Jollyphonic in other thread. Hv u come across tis?

Alicia's daddy, I think I can get those info from zoophonics website. Thanks... But can u help me to access the teacher and environment of the sch?

Koala, I've decide on the cc that is near my parents place for Vane but only got vacancy in Dec. Vane can rem zoophonic but not the MMI phonic. That's why I feel that zoophonic more effective. Never heard of Jollyphonic though.

Alicia's daddy
Thx for the link. There r many mat'l in the link. Dunno which is suitable for our tod. Read dat it's cheaper to get fm UK Amazon. I din compare the px. R u getting the Jollyphonic?

Giggler
Hv u registered Vane wif the cc?
Chen Chen remembers MMI phonic after I sang the songs wif him many many times. Dat's y I wanna send him to enrichment class. I know wat the teacher teach, can teach him the same thing @ home. I dun hear him singing the songs he learned in Kiddyabc. He sings many songs learned in MMI after I sang wif him @ home. Aiya now half hearted whether to stop sending him to enrichment class completely

Giggler
Yes, zoo phonics v catchy, maybe tats why Nat remembers. It helps her to learn the 26 sounds. But the blending sounds she hasn't learnt yet. But I find $95 for tat enrolment pack of zoo phonics not worth it.

Koala
Maybe hor, it is bcos you sang the songs with Chen chen tats why he remembers. Not really bcos it is MMI songs or Kiddyabc. YOu try one whole week only sing kiddyabc... maybe he will sing those too.

Alicia's daddy, thanks in adv
happy.gif

Koala, just visited the cc yday but haven register her yet. Cos I feel that the classroom is quite small for the kids. Also, they put playgp, N1 and N2 into one classroom. The in-charge said that they wont get distracted when I asked. My fren said that most cc do things like that leh, so I also not sure now. The only thing I like is the relatively cheap sch fees. They engaged teachers from external to teach speech & drama, Montessori, music, etc. But we dun need to pay extra for them. Anyway, they only have vacancy this Dec so I still got time to think.

Mom2Nat, I agree that zoo phonics is catchy and plus the actions the kids can rem better. I didnt get the enrolment pack too.

Koala,
I have not heard about Jolly phonics until I saw your post. I have no plan to get this.

I think I got more positive feedback on Zoo-phonics, so may give it a try.

Mom2nat,
Is the enrolment pack compulsory when you enrol for their class?

Giggler,
Most cc will combine playgrp and N1 together for some activities so that the elder one in N1 can guide the playgrp. Not sure about N2. Most CC has small playgrp, and is also one of the reason for combining. I saw one CC in JW where they combine playgrp and Nursery for music and dance. The room is so small and their yellow color uniform make them look like little ducklings in an enclosure :-( Dun really like it.

Alicia's daddy, hahaha... which CC in JW is that? Could be the same one that I viewed yday cos their uniform also yellow. Another thing I like abt that CC is it's in community center and not void deck so not so open. Btw, the enrolment pack is not compulsory.

Giggler,
The one I saw was under the void deck of blk 800+ in JW (near the PIE). Not in community centre.

Which one did you see yesterday?

Alicia's daddy, I went to view Learning Seeds at Gek Poh CC. Most likely I'll just settle at this cc though it's not perfect. But it's so far the most convenient for me and family as my parents stay near there.

Mon2Nat
I dunno wat songs r taught by teacher in kiddyabc. Parents r not supposed to attend lesson wif kiddy tho there r parents who stay wif their kiddy thru out the lesson everyday. I can't afford to join the class wif Chen Chen everyday oso

Giggler
I dunno on the avg how cc put tods fm diff level. I only know Kovan MMI hv different classrm for diff level. The materials in the classrm is catered according to the level N1, N2, K1, K2. On the other hand, I think it's no harm to let tod of different level to b in the same classrm. Vane gets the chance to mix wif tod a little older than her. Who knows she might learn things teacher teach for other level. Don't under estimate how well a kid absorbs knowledge. The dwn side is may get bullied by older child. But may not happen. There r always pros n cons. Since the fee is cheap and they hv speech & drama, Montessori, music included, no harm trying as long the environment is acceptable to u

Giggler,
As I am working, it will be difficult for me to take a look during their operating hours. May try one of the Saturday morning. Will let you know when I have the chance to do so.

How much are they charging/month for full day?

Alicia's Daddy, sure... no prob.
happy.gif
Think you more or less set your mind on Mulberry CC liao, rite? They charging $550/mth for full day, after subsidy $400. To me, it's really reasonable if you incorporate those extra lessons like speech & drama, Montessori and music. Can really save me on enrichment classes.

Giggler,
Mulberry CC? Hmmmm, never come across leh.
I am referring more to the one in Jurong East swimming complex there.

Leng Leng,
Hello. Wow, you post at 2am in the morning.

RE: Sharing
Wife told me something very funny today.
Last night, we asked Alicia if she wants to go CC centre while we put "di-di" at Nanny house.

Today, Nanny called wife and told her that she complained to Nanny. She told Nanny cannot put "di-di" at her house, only herself. Nanny duuno who is "di-di" so asked Alicia. Alicia pointed to her tummy and say "di-di". hahaha...

Alicia's daddy
hahahah... Alicia so innocent and cute. Their age now v cute hor.

Sometimes I tell Nat I am gg to bathe her in 10 min. Yest I told her to take off her clothes, go and bathe. She told me "ten minutes"... I dunno to cry or laugh.

Leng leng
Your SAHM or full time BP mom??? Hahahhaha.... whenever I see your name, it is always some bulk purchase. You really have so much things to buy ah?

Mom2nat & Alicia's Daddy,
we'll miss these innocence as they grow older.
sad.gif

Mom2nat,
organise BP to kill time & buy things at lower price lor,
also to keep my mind active.
Was very forgetful after I gave birth,
needed something to stimulate my brain cells.
It works, you should try it too.
happy.gif

Alicia's daddy, think the CC near Jurong East swimming complex is Mulberry CC. Hahaha.... Vane also 'show off' her tummy when pple asked me abt bb.

Mom2Nat, they really learn almost everything from us hor??? Not sure if it's gd or bad... hehehe

Leng leng
My memory oso v bad after I gave birth. I tried using my place as a collection point for a BP. Enough to tire me out. V few mommies oso make me busy. Cos I am a SAHM, where got so much time to sit at the comp to monitor emails, payments, answer sms... Btw, how many kids do you have? Do you have helpers? But the number of BP you have is A LOT!!! I think working full time oso not so busy.

Giggler
You have decided on the CC for Vane? Starting next yr?? I am considering putting Nat in halfday or PG after GUG finishes oso. But still no time to search. Gotta ask hb to take leave so can go school shopping.

Back