(2004/04) April Mummy

HI all,

I might be MIA for a while as I am currently busy preparing for my exam on Monday, a flea bazaar At Safra Mt Faber this Saturday and another health and fitness roadshow at the end of this month In one of the JC. So Maple, Raindrops, if you gals is available, do update me on the progress of the April Birthday celebration. The only date that I will not be able to make it prolly is 23th April. Do let me know on the venue, date etc... TIA.

Btw, my factory should be closed. Can't handle so many things at the same time. Even my hubby thinks that I am taking on too many things now.

Mommies, if you free, do drop by Safra Mt Faber this Sat to give me your support. There are other mommies in this forum selling their stuff too. I'll be there from 11-5pm.

Cya!

Mummies,

Pls support JJ on the Wyeth's Contest. I need ur votes...

The website is www.wyethnutrition.com.sg

Name: Ong Jia Jun
Category: 1-3 yrs
Need to go thru the pages in order to find his picture as it keeps changing.

Thank you so much

Aloe,

The roadshow was ok, Manage to make some profits and had some customer that seem interested to get the honey and fruits snacks from us on a long term basis. So right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed and also preparing for my next roadshow at a local JC at the end of this month.

hi,will cast votes for our two handsome boys.

I will be available either on 2/4,16/4 or 23/4.Cherish will be celebrating hers with family on 9/4,while Celeste's on 30/4.I even bought presents liao.Kiasu me.hehehe.......

Hi Mummies,

recent photos of Val
389401.jpg

Hi Mummies
Tell u one news, dun know is good or bad news.
I am going to bomb tomorrow.
My doc said baby under-weight, stomach small. Dangerous if delay the bomb.
I quite disappointed cos baby cannot same birthday as my boi. However tomorrow is my rom annv day.
If want to ask me anything, can sms me cos my computer is down. Will sms u the outcome.

hi all,
cutecute jus sms me. she has given birth liao. mother and boy fine. weight is 2.158kg.

i also have something to share. just confirmed i'm 6 wks preg. due dec
happy.gif

Home,
Congratulations..
happy.gif

Do you have any morning sickness?

Cutecute
Congratulations..
Very happy for you..just hope tat mine due date will be here soon..

Joanne
Val is April baby..she will be 23mths in a few days

Home.

Congrats! Must keep us updated on your pregnancy ok?

Cutecute,

Congrats to you too.

Ann,

Your gal so chubby. I thought my boy very chubby, yours beat mine hands down liao.

Ann, Angel,
thanks
happy.gif
actually today then i feel better about my preg. last few days i was rather depressed.

my morning sickness already started last wk. poor appetite too. so just have to endure the 1st 3 months

Home,
hw come depressed..must be happy OK
happy.gif

actually this should be normal lah as hormones changes..me too until nw sometimes oso feel tat too.. but remember my 1st preg was worst.
sad.gif

Angel,
until nw haven seen b4 ur boiboi..mayb they can date for makan yah..hehe

Mummies
regarding potty training can i ask for advise.. i'm not fully starting on potty train Val..but recently after she wakes up i'll bring her to toilet bowl to 'shh shh' but she refuse to do it in it, but when i put her down she will go to the bathing corner and stood down 'shh shh' there. Should i countine train her this way? or wait till she ready to sit on potty or toilet bowl..No matter how i talk talk or scold her she still don't want to sit only like stood down leh. how?

Home,

I guess its the hormones. Must stay happy then will have a sunshine baby mah
happy.gif

Ann, sure, when you free, sms me and we can arrange to meet and I bring my notti boy out.

As for toilet training, I think I failed pathetically. My boy simply refused to sit on the potty no matter what though he can indicate when he doing big biz. Sigh.....Think you have to ask Maple as she has successfully trained her gal.

Ann,
Re : Val goes to bathing corner and squat down to shh shh
JMHO hor, I personally find that there is nothing wrong with that. Squat toilet also has to squat down to shh shh one. As long as she does it in the bathing area, it is still acceptable to me. Its just that ull hv to rinse the bathing area after that. FYI, my gal does not know how to squat down to shh shh.

If you prefer her to do it in the potty or toilet bowl, continue talking to her and persuading her, but dont scold her lah. Think she is still not used to it yet. Youve also said that you have not fully started training her yet.

Btw, is she able to sit down on the potty or toilet bowl for her poo poo?

Home,
Congratulations!

cutecute,Congrats on 2nd prince's arrival!Take care,k.Stay positive.

Home,congrats on ur pregnancy.Stay happy.

Angel,it's not easy to potty train.I failed to potty train Celeste.I think when they are ready,they will be ready.Take it easy.

Ann,I think it's ok.It takes a lot of time and patience,so hang in there.Is Val dancing para-para?hehehe......

How's the Apr bb Birthday?I can open my new house if everyone is agreeable.I'm staying at Bedok,walking distance fm Tanah Merah MRT.

Mummies,

I want to share something abt potty training. My son brithday is coming soon. 3rd april. 6 mths ago I start potty train him but fail. He dislike the potty very much, so I stopped until recently I bot a new potty, I think he had phobia with the old potty, when he see it, he will cry.
I let him play with the new potty for a week before i train him to sit on it. It works quite well, now he is willing to try. The problem is, after sitting on it for 1 min, nothing comes out.. he will than stand up, bend his knee and let the poo drop into the potty. So i can only consider 1/2 success.

mummies,
thanks for your wishes. haven't been loggin in for a long time coz v tire. have been spending my time sleeping when En takes his nap

Raindrops,

I dun mind going to your place for the April party but think we better arrange everything fast as April is just 1 day away.

Mommies, pls state your date of perferences to enable raindrops to organise the event. For myself, other than the 22nd and 23th april, any other weekends shld be fine.

Hi mummies,
Its April! Happy 2nd Birthday to all our April toddlers!

Cutebao,
Happy Birthday to your son.

Raindrops,
Thanks for inviting us to your place. I dun mind going to your place, but may have a problem with the date (which I cant confirm now). Got to work next weekend and got to reserve 2 weekends for QingMing. Maybe you gals just go ahead with the planning w/o us. Once I sorted out the dates issues, Ill confirm with you again. (Looking at the dates that you or Angel cant make it, can I assume that it is likely to be during the weekend of 14/4 to 16/4?)

Mummies,
Check with you all hor, when u teach your tod the name of an object, do u teach them in a general term or teach them the specific name of the object?
Eg. last night my gal refered to my magazine as 'book'. Do u think i should correct her and teach her that it is a magazine and not book? or is it ok to refer to it as 'book' till she's much older to differentiate between a 'book' and a 'magazine'?
Eg shoes. All types of shoes are known as 'shoes' to her, regardless whether it is slippers, sandals, sports shoes, mary jane etc. Do u think I should teach her the correct term for each of her different types of 'shoes'?

Wah Maple, you got so many cheem questions.

Basically we just refer to the object as its name. Eg. Book, newspaper. As for shoe, its simpler coz he will either be wearing sandals or shoe with socks. Then clothes we differentiate between shorts, pants, t-shirt and pajamas. The only Cheem part we have is when it comes to transportation as he will want us to tell him the exact name for each. Eg, Taxi, bus, train, trucks, lorry, van and the list go on....

I think its all up to you and your gal. If she can absorb, no harm teaching the right term now but if she can't then wait till later to prevent confusing her. As you know me, I am very particular on certain stuff so I tend to correct Ryan when he uses the wrong term. Its more like a habit for me.
embarrassed.gif

Meantime, Happy Birthday to all April toddlers!

Hi mummies,
My boy is April baby too! Just started him in Playgroup. I am SAHM since expecting him till now. We are at Central Singapore. Any similar cases here? Hope to join in this loop to share pointers.

Hi Clover,

Welcome! I'm staying in Central Sg too. I did thought of enrolling my boy in the playgroup held in the CC near my place but have not registered yet. Will wait till his birthday is over as they are quite strict. Says will only accept when they turn 2.

JJ,
Happy 2nd Birthday!

Geralyn, JX,
Happy 2nd Birthday in advance!

Clover,
Welcome! You mean playgroup as in those 1-2 hrs kind? How is your son adapting to it? Can share more, as in the duration per lesson, the fees, the activities etc? Me curious cos considering whether to enrol my gal in one either Jul tis year or Jan 07.

Mummies,
Can we have some discussion on preschool?
Appreciate some general views/comments on preschool.
1) When do u think is an appropriate age to start our tods on preschools (those 5x a wk type)?
2) What are the factors to consider b4 deciding whether to send and when to send our tods to preschools?
3) What is the difference in curriculum between a preschool (those 12 hrs type) and a childcare?

I recalled that some mummies were considering enrolling their tods for school early this year, can share share your views? Views of mummies with no intention of sending your tods to school yet are also welcome (also why u feel that it is not necessary yet).

I find that I am very contradicting leh, dun really know what I want. On one hand I want my gal to have a happy and enjoyable childhood and dun want to stress her with school so soon. Once she started school, shell be schooling all the way till at least late teens. On the other hand, I hope that I do not deprive her of her chance to make new friends, to socialize and to learn something from the teachers and peers. She loves to socialize and play with children ard her age. Also I heard that children pick up things fast once they started school. (hopefully she will pick up the good things and not the bad ones).

Hopefully more mummies can participate in the discussion.

Hi,
Nice to meet you all. I have just started my boy in Playgroup in my neighbourhood area (nearer more convenient). It is 2hrs in the morning for year 2s and 3s. Mon to Fri. What they do in school is sing and dance, play toys, listen to story telling, learn alphabets, numbers, and chinese. colouring and pasting. Usually two of the above activities in a day. There's break time for water, snacks and toilet. The teachers are caring and loving (like nannies who will carry they and coax them when they cry). Two teachers to about 13 students in proportion.

I was contradicting about sending him to school at such young age too. To weight the pros and cons I have decided to do so. I had given many thots, survey a few schools and as for this one, I had observed the school a few times before my decision. I am relieved to know that they don't pressurize the child in doing anything which I also believe that most pre schools won't do that too since they are professionally trained in handling young kids.

My son is a very active and lively boy in nature but he enjoys everything only in places/with people he's familiar with ( I think most children are like that, they don't feel secure).
I think it is advisable to let him meet up with other kids because he's the only child at home. I didn't expect him to learn alot of things from there but to enjoy himself with the children and get to feel what's outside home. It will be very bored to stay at home at this age esp if your child is an active one.

I personally feel that it is advisable to put your child in a playgroup first to overcome the aniexty of leaving you for a period of time if you have intention to put him in a childcare. This is because the hour is short, there's more attention from teachers cos lesser students, and more activities to divert his thinking of you.

It was stressful at the beginning when I brought him to school. The first day was good cos I stayed in the class with him. While I thot he's independent I left him the second day and from then on he started to cry so much till I asked for help in another thread.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353638/393313.html?1143652709
I am glad that he's crying lesser now. Only cry when I bring him there, after awhile he will follow the class and when i pick him home i see him happy running ard the class. I hope in another few more days he won't cry again and happy to go school.

Hi mummies,
Does your child dig nose often? Eversince the last time he had running nose and he felt comfortable after removing the dried mucus blocking his nostral. My son is so particular about nose dirt. Everytime i see him poking his finger into his nose is irritating me. Sometimes poke into his ears too. I taught him to blow the nose if he feels something but he still prefer to put the finger in.
How to kick off such bad habit.

Maple,

I think it all boils down to each individual on which age is approriate to send to childcare or pre-school. As for Stress factor, as long as they find learning new things fun, it should not be a problem. Just make sure you don't make her feel "inferior" if she is not learning as fast and don't "test" her too much. I think the key factor is still making learning fun. For my boy, coz he enjoys learning new things and being complimented whenever he make a progress, its quite easy to teach him new things. Just have to catch him in the right mood and teaches things that interest him. Maybe you can start by teaching your girl things that interest her most.

As for School, if I were to send my boy to one, I will make a few "unannouced" trip there to watch how the school and teacher works as from my experience, I know some school will put on an act to impress. Personally I have yet an intention to send him to full day. At most those 2 hr playgroup when he hit 2 yrs old and the reason will be to let him play and interact with other kids other than my nieces.

Clover,

My son does not have the habit to dig his nose as when he was younger and does that, we always tell him "No" in a very firm fashion. My son is also particular about dirt but more of dirt anywhere and everywhere so always demand to be cleaned if he spots any dirt. Quite annoying at time but I'm trying to teach him a little dirt on the surrounding or clothes won't kill but I guess at this age its quite hard for them to strike a balance. They tend to be a bit extreme.

Now my boy down with cough and cold. Even nose bleed today. I'm quite stress and worried about him as he is not eating and sleeping well and gets quite cranky. This is worsen by the fact that he is teething.
sad.gif

True.. sometimes is quite annoying that my son is also very particular about dirt anywhere and everywhere. To think of the positive side of it he has never put any unnecessary things into his mouth cos he knows is dirty. I think is good for safety reason so have to accept the negative side of it that he's paranoid about dirts. He can spot strand of hair or tiny dot of grain on the floor and pick it up throw into dustbin otherwise he will demand for tissue paper.

Angel, which teeth is your son teething now? I didn't notice my son teething recently, should it be anytime now?

I have always been very worried about my son's eating and sleeping too. I think he's eating very little and sleeping less.

For all mummies, can share diet plans and receipes? My boy must be tired of milk and my cookings. For personally preference my boy's diet is partial vegetarian, only meat that i give him is fish.
How to overcome hyperactive child who doesn't want to sleep and sleeps only with me by his side?
Any home activities to share to keep my boy busy? He has already many books and toys but he always fancy new things.

Clover,

Think my son sprouting the back molars. I'm not sure about the rest coz my son is usually the last in here to sprout teeth. As for meals, he is still taking 2 solid, 4-5 milk feed of about 200ml/feed. Lately however he is not eating n drinking as much as before coz he is unwell.

Usually we'll cook a soup, a vegetables, 1 fish/meat dish and he'll eat the same as us coz' I normally don't put salt or soysauce in the soup. These few days however, he will only eat fruits, fishballs, fruit flakes, school bars, seaweed and dry mushroom.

You might want to cut down on your son sugar intake especially near bedtime and sugar level will affect the level of activity in a person. I can't advise much coz' my son also always insist on me lying next to him to sleep and sometimes when he is frighten at night, he will demand to sleep in my room with me too.

As for home activities, usually we just sing, read and play with him, watch vcds/dvds, do some coloring etc... Luckily for him, he don't get bored with his toys easily. He just need a few cars and maybe his Thomas the train and he can play quite happily.

Hiaz....my boy is still unwell and still nose bleeding...bringing him to Pd later. I'm worried sick and very stress.

Angel,
must be hard on u to take care of ur boy now. En was sick 2 wks back. got high fever. wow then the 1st nite can't sleep. wake up every other hour. 1 knock out the next day.

Clover,
i'm already letting boy eat adult food liao. that means got all the seasoning. coz i'm preg now. can't stand plain food and no energy to cook separately.
i'm trying to let En play more often outside now coz he's also getting bored at home. duno what else i can do with him. sometimes really hope i can go back work... sigh....

Angel..hope your boy get well soon.
Where do you get fruit flakes and dried mushroom from and which type? I actually don't give him sugar yet and the only sweet stuffs he has is spoon tip of honey in his milk( to enhance the taste)in the morning, one teaspoon of rosehip syrup in his water(he doesn't take plain water) and i limit him to 10 raisins in a day when he asked for it.
As for my son's meals, breakfast he takes 3 to 4 ozs milk with cereal then 5 ozs water an hr later. Afternoon is one bowl of porridge (sometimes lesser). Teabreak is one cheese stick, water, fruits. Dinner is one bowl of pasta/noodle/rice (sometimes lesser). Supper is 5 ozs milk with cereal. He eats very little rite?Any suggestions?

Congrats to you Home..is it a boy or a gal? I hope to have a gal soon but have to settle down my boy first. Mmm.. I am still very stringent about his diet leh.. i usually feed him first before i let him sit with us at the dinning table for him to eat a little( he usually just play with the food).

Clover.

The dried mushroom and seaweed snacks I got it from Mei Zhen Xiang. As for the fruit flakes and fruit bars, I got it from the distributor directly as I am selling them. Its made from all dried fruits, fruit puree, fruit juice and real yogurt. If you are interested pm me, I can direct you to the website. I sometimes snack on them too as its better than snacking on chocolates.

Home,

You take care too.

Clover, Angel,
Thanks for sharing re preschool.

Angel,
How is Ryan now? Wat did the PD says? Hope he get well soon.

Clover,
Re : Dig nose
My gal does not dig her nose no comments on this.

Re : Sleep less
How many hours does he sleeps in a day? Usually as the child grows older they will tend to sleep/nap less. Quite normal. As long as he is active and is not normally tired due to lack of sleep, think should be alright.

Re : Eat little
Think nobody in this thread beats my gal on this. At one period of time, she didnt want to eat anything at all, rejected all solids and only depends on her milk. She doesnt want to eat be it homecooked food or outside food, toddler food or adult food. Has been like this for months! Really hope that shell outgrow this phrase soon.

Anyway, as long as your son is happy and active, no need to worry.

Re : Toys
How abt practicing toys rotation? Since he has so many toys, you can keep some of his toys away and only allow him to play with the rest. When he got tired of the current batch of toys, you can keep these and bring out those toys that were kept and Bingo! he has new toys! Kids will usually be excited and happy to play with these new toys that they have not seen for quite some time.

Home,
Is En alright now? Take care.

Angel,
Pls send me the website. Thks.
Mapel,
Thks for the suggestion on toys. As for his sleeping hrs, he does meet the required hrs needed for his age but at the min. hrs of the range or sometimes lesser if he didn't nap well. So, what to do as a SAHM ? have to keep myself wide alert at all times for close surveillance on him.
For all SAHM,
How do you spend your days? for your kids and for yourself?

Clover,

Can you activate your pm to enable people to send messages to you if not can you provide me with a email address coz I don't think I am allowed to post my own URL here.

Regarding to how I spend my time, usually when my boy is napping, I will surf net, read or watch dvds but since last Dec, I have started working from home so now instead of a SAHM, I am a WAHM but my work does not take up alot of time except when I am preparing for roadshow. Plus now I am taking up a financial advisory course so on days that I am not free, my MIL will look after my boy.

Hi Clover,
Normally when Val take her nap or when she play herself than i will read newspaper or magazine, surf the net..but mostly she's having nap i will sleep lor..very tiring as i can't sleep well in the nite..tummy getting bigger..

As for my gal i always bring her out in the noon either to my grandparents hse or go 'gaigai'. Than the rest of the day is colouring, drawing(is more like anyhow draw),playing her toys,dancing.. She into stickers and sticker book now..

Hi Angel
Is Ryan better now.? Hope he get well soon.

Hi Home,
How are you? Coping well with En now that you are preg..Sometimes me too feel like going out the whole day or go holiday..

Hi all,

Firstly,Happy Birthday to all Apr Tots!

greetings,Clover.My girl,Cherish also has this bad habit of 'digging' her nose while she had a flu some weeks back.I'll firmly say 'no' or beat her hand to remind her not to.Sometimes she thinks I'm playing with her when I beat her hand.So I have to increase my 'strength'.hehehe....this mummy very bad hor.
Usually Cherish cannot keep still during mealtime.I usually prepare cereal or porridge so that I can feed both Cherish and meimei,Celeste together.Sometimes I get frustated esp Cherish do not finish her meal but I feel tat it will not be good if I 'force' her to eat...that may result in her disliking mealtime in future,besides her meimei (11mths) needs my attention too.

Angel,I hope Ryan is better now?Is your maid still with u?Or u replace already?

Maple,my MIL's way of rotating toys will be 'hiding' some toys away for some time and bringing it out after sometime.No matter how we want to 'cultivate' sharing among kids,Cherish just wouldn't listen.Before Cherish opens her presents,my nephew will say....share share hor bu then my girl dun share.Sigh

Home,Cherish also more or less taking adult food now.She will 'climb' up my dining chair and pick food using her fingers.....eeiiiii......She takes seasoned (with soy sauce n pepper) meat and french fries without salt if we dine out.

Ann,how are u?Reaching 3rd trimester soon right?Take care.

Cherish attended a trial class at Zoo-phonics last Sat.She got easily distracted.Think it's too early to tell if she should join this class now.

Angel,
Sorry about that.. done now.

Has anybody given yogurt for your toddler already? How old can babies start taking yogurt and how many times in a week? Which type do you give?
Is it too acidic for toddler to take whole orange twice a week?

clover lee,
I give my son small amount of yogurt everyday.
no worries abt toddle taking orange cos although it has acid pH before consumed but they usually leave an alkaline residue in the body after they have been metabolized. Fermented foods like yogurt become more acidic in the body.

Hi Clover,

Have sent you a pm. I do give my son yogurt. I give him the petite mian one but when he is having phelgmy cough then no. I started giving it to him when he was 9 mth old. As for orange I think shld be ok as long as they are not sick.

Raindrops and Ann,

Thanks for your concern. Ryan is better now.

Raindrops,

Have decided to give my maid another chance and can see that she is now trying very hard to buck up. How about yours?

Cutebao,
How much to give everyday? I do give him petite mian too. Is this the amt you give your little one everyday?

Angel,
How many times you give petite mian in a week?

For those who use Ikea rubber ice tray,
I am having this problem.. by the time I filled up the tray with fluid and bring it to the freezer, it is already half spilled. Hee hee.. sounds very clumsy. I think it is too soft.. difficult to balance.
How do you prevent all the mess and can fill it up nicely?

Clover,

I'm Like cutebao, I give my boy petite mian almost everyday except when he is sick.

Btw, any of you gals going to the mattel sales end of this wk? I have never been there b4 and dunno if I shld go.

Clover,
i give petite mian too. But each time i give two serving. i give Val once every two to three days.

Re:rubber ice tray
How about don't filling the water full till very hard for you to balance. About more than half will do. Or can try putting a plate below easier to balance and not so soft.

Back