(2004/04) April Mummy

Home,

Wah you wake up so early..No lah both my mum and i look after Val when i nt preg. Now is like bathing and changing clothes is done by her or DH, i only help out in those i can manage. Carrying, Val does not request us to carry as much as b4. but sometimes she ask me to carry than i just hug hug her tightly and tell her 'mama got baby, no strength'.
Mmm. Morning sickness don't have leh both preg smoothly but hor tis time round i really eat alot alot. i put on 7kg liao.
sad.gif
Still got 5months to go..

Are you planning for 'lao er'. Actually i wanted to go back work after Val turn 2yrs but DH say seen i'm SAHM and my mum still can help take care so plan for 1 more.. than factory close..hehe

HI Ling, Is your tot of mixed blood? Look abit Eurasian. A good looking kid you have there.

Ann,

You so lucky, When I was preggy, my MS was VERY bad.

Think Aloe and I are the only 2 not thinking of a 2nd one here.

Btw, I have booked a booth from another thread at Safra Mt Faber on the 11th March to promote my New Zealand honey and Uk snacks. Do drop by if you girls have time. Even if not to buy, can catch up too and there will be alot of other people selling other stuff too.

Hi mummies,
Cherish had her 1st haircut yest.My MIL and my mum was nagging at me for keeping Cherish's hair long.She's often 'eating' her hair and things got kinda messy when she cries where hair at the sides will stick the her face.hahaha.....gross.
We were at Suntec yest,witnessed a young boy having his haircut.He was crying badly and resisting,making daddy very 'paiseh' as it attracts a crowd.I thot Cherish was trumatised by seeing the poor boy struggled.I suggested Cherish to give the boy a lollipop,and she did to pacify him.The trick works,but not for long.He ended up crying again.If it's not for the toy that caught her attention,I wouldn't have let her have haircut there.Luckily she kept still throughout.She had a good time,watching Hi-five video at such a near distance,a toy on her lap,some stickers and even a balloon.My mum commented that I should take this chance to have her hair cut even shorter to make the $15 worthwhile but I think hair too short will make her look even more silly so I decided not.hahaha....

ccw,i think library has some books on that.My SIL moves to Dubai (hubby working there) and bought my nephew there.She said schooling is too ex there so decided on home schooling too.I remembered she borrowed some books to read on.

Ann,Val is such a gd girl.Time to teach her to love her sibling liao.heehee....It makes me happy to see my two girls laughed when they play together.So I bet Val will also enjoy her sibling's company.

Ling,JJ has good big eyes.wow.....

Maple,bribery methods doesn't work all the time.

Janet,how's ur biz getting on?Have fun at Mt Faber.The location is very ideal for you,very near to your place.

Ling,
hmm... JJ has nice cheeks. so cute, feel like kissing him!

Ann,
ya, i wake up early to clear hse and prepare my lunch, read newspaper b4 En wakes up
happy.gif

has been thinking of no 2. just scare of having another one that's all. how nice if the bb come out can take solid food and walk on his own! ha ha... then i dun mind having 3 kids also...
happy.gif
is 7 kg a lot? can't remember what's the weight gain. so u have to watch what u eat now? else bb too big when u deliver.

Rain-drops,
cherish so gd. can sit still to cut hair. i bring En for hair cut is just like that daddy's boy. cry like anything. so loud and scary. now his hair very long liao. but i can't bear to let him go thro' another haircut. so wait and c.

Raindrops,

Biz is ok loh. Stil surviving but If want to be a honey tycoon, its next to impossible at this current rate loh unless I suddenly strike gold mind and have some rich tai tai that buy those most expensive one from me and in bulk CONSTANTLY. LOL.

AFter my article, I don't know if its coincidence or what, I do have more new customers and even salesgirls that serve me when I am shopping, will buy 1 or 2 items from me once in a while loh. So I guess its a slight improvement.

Will be doing my new brochures and namecards soon as most have been used up in the last roadshow at NUS. So I will be very busy again till my new helper arrive on Wednesday. Hopefully she will be of great help to me instead of adding more stress.

angel,
tks for sending me yr website, i got it! i've heard from other forum talking abt this too, never know if i got a chance to know more from u, haha...

home,
i'm staying in wlands, how abt u all SAHM?

rain_drops,
tks for telling abt library got books to learn of home schooling, actually, i got some websites talking abt it. this is the best one, will tell u what to do on each day! http://www.letteroftheweek.com/site_map.html
but i thought if i can get more info locally and experience from u guys, it may be alot more easier for me to get started!

ling,
jj, it is a big boy! ger is (i think) just 85cm and 11.6kg only, she eats alot but won't gain weight lor...

Ling,
JJ is tall, no wonder u said he is 90cm. Does he enjoy himself at the zoo? Can recognize some of the animals?

Raindrops,
Why are you awake at 4+ am?? Woken up by Celeste?

Ann,
When is your checkup this week? Do share with us the gender of your #2.

Cutecute,
Good to know that all is well. BTW, when is your edd again?

Raindrops,
So far Val don't seem to understand there will be another sibling but everytime when i ask her if she wants a baby to play with her she will tell me 'haiyao'. Hopefully by than she will be ok with another sibling. How many months is celeste nw?

CuteCute
So good you only gain 8kg. I only 5months already gain 7 kg liao..oh no i think i will need alot exciese after birth..*sobsob*

Maple
Will be going detail screen this cuming friday..Should know the gender this time.

Ling
Val is about the same height as JJ. Her last measure was 88cm few months back. i've nv brought Val to the Zoo yet..Lazy mum hor. I really must bring her there b4 'lao er' arrive.

hi Ling,

Will try to be there earlier, but no promise.
As Ryan's normal nap time is from 2plus to 3plus, we can only rush down after he wake up. Hope he got enough rest before he reach the class.

Same here, we also waited less than one week to get a place there. Hope he will enjoy there.

JJ very handsome boy ....

Hi Angel,
Once yr maid is in, she will do all the chores for u and you can focus on yr business and teaching yr son.

What time will you be at Safra Mt Faber on the 11th March ??

Hi rain_drops,
Ryan got a new hair-style. my MIL commented he looks like a coconut now.. think this hair cut not really suitable for him . haha

hi cutecute,
if i am not wrong, yr EDD is on April too ??

CuteCute
I'ts about a month plus time. Izzit near your boi bday?..Do update us after you deliver..My Edd is one day after my Dh bday..Hopefully will fall on the same day as Dh bday.

Hi Ann
Yes, near my boi birthday.
Of course. I will update you all.
Will sms one of you to do the posting. My home computer dead liao & now no $ to buy. Hopes this ok.
Now I still scared of pain leh.. I still want normal delivery but I dun want epud injection.

Aloe, I shld be at Safra from 11am-5pm. Some of the mommies in this forum will be there to sell their barang barang too...so if you free, do pop by.

Mommies here,

I've taken another bold move in my life. I've sign up for a financial planning course and will be taking my exam in March. So if I pass, I'll officially be a financial advisor. So I'll be taking care of Ryan, managing my honey biz and also trying to sell policy at the same time. Think I must be out of my mind.
kao_laugh.gif

Angel, Haha a lot of pple did ask me whether is there any mixed blood in our genes... the answer is No. When he is born his hair is brown just like me as i do hv a little brown hair too.

Rain_drops & Home, tks for ur compliments.

Ccw, Me too stay in Woodlands. Which area are u staying?

Maple, yes JJ does enjoy himself very much in the zoo. I brought him to the zoo on his 1st birthday last year n this time round brought him there again, it really make a big different. He can recognise a number of animals especially Monkeys...hahaha his same gang...

Ann, it is nice to bring kid to the zoo as there are the fun land too and Val will sure to enjoy!

Aloe, sure no problem. Will try and see whether will i be able to meet u at GUG.

angel,
wow, u want to be a super woman? i graduated in finance too but didn't further my study, how is the financial planning course? practical?

ling,
really? i'm staying at wloods drive 42, just opp to plaza 888, u? how u think abt GUG? good?

ccw,

I am not trying to be wonder woman lah... just that the manager that is intending to recruit me feels that i am cut out for the job, so he will "sponsor" the course. It will be a crash course starting next month 3 days of intensive tutorial after which I will sit for a exam and If I pass, I'll be a certified financial planner.

FYI, I was from arts stream. Did English Literature and this had never occur in my mind till I attended a talk and then some discussion with my dh and the manager and decided to go for it. Keeping my fingers cross and hope everything turns up well.

Ccw, I am staying in Woodlands Dr 75. I heard from my frens tat GUG is good and yet to try but i just enrol for 1 term and see how is it since JJ is not attending any classes at all.

ccw,
i'm at cck. we r quite nearby. maybe can arrange to meet up!

Angel,
really peifu u...i dun think i can handle so many things at the same time! jia you jia you...

Ling,
got 2 friends stay at ur place. near admiralty mrt rite?

cutecute,
haven't seen u for a long time. come down to the playground leh...

Ling,
oh, ic, near northoaks, i sometimes bring my gal to that wlands park to play, and admiralty wet mkt or food court too!

will u let jj attend nursery? any recommendation? i was going to let ger go nursery this jan; however, she got sick since early nov and pd said it's better not to let her go any sch or even playgroup soon, so i dropped the plan off lor! but i feel like she's very alert to music that's why i enroll her to kindermusik now.

Home,
oh, i would love to have a meetup with u all, since our bbs were born in the same month and year! should have alot to chit chat, ya?

Home,

Dun peifu me lah...I still need the help of my inlaws if not I won't be able to handle so many things at the same time. Hopefully my maid comes n settle odwn quickly so I no need to "trouble" my inlaws anymore.

Basically I'm the sort of person that cannot sit still so I need to find alot of things to keep me occupied loh plus Single income not easy to survive so must Jia you and helpmy dh.

Mommies, so have we decided to throw the party or not and if so where?

Oh yah, for those who wants to get Vitamins for your kids to built the immune system, can try the immuno raptor from GNC. Very worth the investment. Btw, I'm not a promoter from there.

Ccw, me very mean actually want to send him to full day care. N mum was so angry with me so now thinking of letting him attending playgroup. Still searching around Woodlands area.

Hi mummies,

need to hear all your views on this matter. We will normally teach our tod to share toys with other kids while playing right... but what happens if the other kid and the parents do not share the same preach, instead they will find excuses like this is his/her kid territory, that's why the kid don't share or they are still young, don not what is sharing etc...Do you think that if we insist that our kid to share his/her toys with the other kid, eventually our kid may feel that he is underpriviledge and do not how to fight for his own right and things cos we keep saying you must share this and that...I know that sharing is good and important but can't help worrying he may feel this way...I don't know how to draw a line, need all your advice...

Toony,

I had the same problem as you as we always teaches Ryan to share toys or even food with others especially if people ask for it politely and he will share. However he will fly into a rage if the kid just snatch it away without asking. My dh says that what matter most is we inculcate(sp?) the right value in him as he still have a long road ahead of him to learn that sometimes the world just don't work the way we want it to be and hopefully he will have the ability to stand up to defend himself. For myself, If I faced such parents, I will tell Ryan that if people don't wish to share, nvm, we go play other toys and try to divert his attention away from the kid and more often than not, it works and he realises that that is NOT the only toy available and mommy and daddy will always be there to protect and guide him.

Just because others are selfish, we don't have to stoop to thier level. That's what my dh taught me. Hope it helps.

Ling,
no lah, my friends staying at the hdb flats

Toony,
ya i agree with Angel. i'll do that do. try to divert boy's attention.

i intend to go zoo during the 1wk school hol. anybody interested? anyone know how much it cost to join friends of the zoo?

Angel/Home,
Thanks for the advices. That's what I think as well, more important now is to instill the values of sharing. This is important. Won't want him to grow up to be a self-centred child. Once done will be difficult to undone if we taught him to fight back. He just have to learn to defend himself when he grow up.

Home, we have the friends of the zoo membership card. Recently I went there, I saw their promotion of the membership at about $100 plus.You can check their website.

Raindrop,
My hubby told me that he met your hubby when he is fetching Austin from the centres.

Aloe,
Austin have finished the juice, have yet to order new one for him. In general, do u think it help? The juice is quite ex actually.

Toony, what juice? I am giving Ryan fruit juice diluted with water still and once in a while ribena...

Ryan has been to the Zoo when he was less than 1 and didnt really know how to appreciate but did look at the penguine and stuff. When he was 1, we brought him to underwater world and he likes it alot. This yr thinking of bringing him to snowcity at Science centre. hee...

Toony,
Actually Ive the same question as you. Glad that youve asked. Think Ill also adopt Angels method. One more question, mummies. While distracting her, do u think it is appropriate to say something like that toy belongs to jiejie/korkornot yours cannot take? Not too sure whether theres any side-effect of such a statement. Eg will she interpret that as since she cant take things that do not belong to her, does that mean that if the toy belongs to her, then other pp cannot take it too? Will this contradict our teaching of sharing? Any comments?

Home,
I dun mind going to the zoo, but not during the march sch holidays, think itll be more crowded. Im thinking of going on Gs BD. Wan to join us?

Mummies,
Re : Outing to zoo
Anyone interested in an outing to the zoo? If most mummies are keen, I dun mind organizing a zoo outing on one of the weekends (to cater to FTWM & daddies). Date to be confirmed later.

Re : 2YO BD Party
Is the tots 2YO BD Party still on? Ccw, you are organizing right?

Maple,

What I do is, I try to distract him by saying "woah Ryan, see, there got so many new new toys, lets go over there and play." and his attention will immediately turn towards the direction I pointing to. If I am in a bad mood and its some really ill-mannered kids ( including my niece) I'll say, "Ryan , mommy bring youover there and play that toy, very nice and fun one, Jie jie dun want to share, we play other thing first then come back again later." It seems to work well so far.

Angel,
it's cactus juice..my sis recommended to me, said that it will boost immunity...
The kid/parents that i mentioned is my SIL and niece. She is 4 months younger than Austin. If happened that Austin snatched her toys, my SIL will said that Austin bully her daughter. If her daughter snatched Austin's toy, she will say that it's part of growing up, kids are like that. Always find excuses...can't stand it sometimes...

hi toony,

Ryan still drinking the juice. Give him 2-3 times a week if he is normal. Give him about 2-3 times a day if he is sick.

I find his immune system is quite good. He seldom fall sick (touch wood!!)

He was sick 2 weeks ago. He got flu + cough after his fever, but recovered the very next day, then me/hubby/mil/maid all get the virus from him. But we took more than a week to recover and he did not get the virus back from us.

Hi Angel, the juice we talking about is called "Millennium" .. it contains Prickly pear cactus pad extract, Royal jelly and Honey. 1 of the benefit is Stronger immune system.

underwater world @ Sentosa ?? Is it expensive ?

I got a problem here. Ryan refuses to pass motion even he got stomach-ache. He refuese to push .. How ??

Aloe,

I can't give Ryan honey yet as dh's family side got history of asthma and allergies so got to wait till he slightly older then I can give.

As for toilet training, thin you got to ask Maple. Her G is fully toilet train liao. For our case, we will try to do a bit of massage for him, lift up his leg with him lying down n do those cycling motion once in a while when he seems to be having problem. It will help the bowel movement. If your boy is taking honey well, giving manuka honey on regular basis will help as honey itself is a natural n mild laxative. But think you better check with your pd first before giving as child under 1 and 1/2 yrd old not encouraged to be drinking honey though ours coming to 2 liao I still have kiasi. hee.

Maple & Home, It is nice to bring the kids to the zoo now as they will really enjoy it and they know quite a few animals there already.

It is really different when i first brought JJ to zoo on his 1st birthday as he cant really en responded but this time wow it really makes a different and i am amazed by his actions n words.

Dun know this year his birthday where should i bring him to?

Aloe, hope to meet up with u tmr.

toony,
thanx. will check that out. if really $100, it's really worth it.

regarding the sharing of toys, sometimes i will tell En to respect other people becoz they were playing with the toys first. he can only play when they have finished with the toys. meanwhile, if distract him first.

Maple,
actually i'm thinking of going to the zoo during wkdays coz wkend usually spend it with family and church.

Ann,
Congratulations to having another princess!
Hmm seems like the trend in this thread so far is both #1 & #2 same gender.

Ccw,
I tink some mommies, eg Angel, Aloe, Raindrops, Ling (depends on date), have indicated their interest in their previous posting. How abt suggesting a date so that the mummies can confirm?

Mummies,
Just sharing some of my thoughts on the 2YO BD party:

1. Date
How about the 1st sun of April? Suggest to have it on the 1st weekend of April cos our tots BD range from the 1st week till the last week of April. Sun might be a better choice than Sat since some of the tots are attending sat enrichment classes. So, how abt 2nd April then?

2. Location
Any mummies willing to open her house (especially those who have not opened their house before)? *hinting* If not, well have to look for alternatives.

3. Food
Do you gals prefer catering or potluck?
Catering is more convenient but only feasible if weve got enough pp cos they usually have a min no. of pax. Potluck is not a bad idea either, especially if we could not meet the min no. of pax.

I recalled someone suggested Mac?

Mummies, please comment and add on.

Also, pls indicate your name below if you can make it so that it is easier for ccw to organize.

<font color="ff0000">2YO Birthday Party</font>
Date : 2 April 2006 (Sun)
1. Ccw
2. Maple

2 Yu Birthday Party

Date : 2ns April ( Sun)
1.( Ccw
2.) Maple
3.) Angel

I would suggest potluck as I think we might not have enough people to request for catering. I don't mind opening my house if you girls are not bored with my place and not find my place too far off but of course if got people wanna Open their house (hint hint) i also dun mind.

Sorry maple, i can't make it on 2nd of Apr coz ger's b'day will be on 7th Apr and my inlaw's family preferably to celebrate on an early sunday, anyway, the rest will be just fine with me!

all,
actually, i find globetrotters got a Package for Birthday Parties, just have a look here http://www.globetrotters.com.sg/index.php?option=content&amp;task=view&amp;id=17

i've been there a couple of times, they've a playroom for our tots to play and food is just yummy, of course it depends on our budget as well.

2YO Birthday Party
1. Maple

9 Apr
1. ccw

16 Apr
1. ccw

23 Apr
1. ccw

Ann,
congrats to have a little sister for yr elder gal, frankly, i like gals more, if i'll have a 2nd one, i'll prefer to have a gal too coz my sister &amp; i are very close, i'll love to let ger to feel the same too, but most likely i'll still stick to one only child! hee...

Maple,
Can't make it on the 2nd April too. But can make it for rest of the Sunday. As for food,Potluck is a good suggestion as most catering is min 25-30person

ccw,
Actually both gals or boys i'm ok. in my heart actually i was hopeing 4 a boy this time but as long as bb is healthy i cannot ask for more. Anyway close factory liao..hehe. Maybe will try later if i can manage two gals. My Dh like you prefer gal as my Mil have three sons.

Ann, Ya it is understandable to hope for a boy since the first one is girl. Just like me, if I happen to have second one i would prefer a girl too but thinking on the other hand for the kids it would be better to be the same gender and u can also save a lot of $$$$ as clothes can all be passed down.

Mummies,

I am fine with Globetrotters. Last Saturday, i actually went down to ask as thinking of organising JJ's birthday then but due to the no of pax I am not able to.

The cost for each person is 12.90per pax +++ and u r to select a few dishes from the menu. Children 2yrs and above need to be charged. The whole party can hold a total of 40paxs. And goodies bag will be given to kids 2yrs and above.

2YO Birthday Party
1. Maple

9 Apr
1. ccw
2. Ling

16 Apr
1. ccw

23 Apr
1. ccw

Back