(2004/03) March Mummy

bbgal,
Yeah. Busy and think I am coming down with flu. 2 pple in my dept got flu. Dunno why the new girl forever got flu one.

bbgal,

ya lor! actually quite unhappy with my PD now. She's recommended by my gynae. she's at TMC. My hubby actually sign up for the package for injections. Already prepaid everything, so no choice have to continue with her for the standard injections.
My hubby commented that she got hidden costs. Never tell us about the flu vaccine earlier. Then tell us to come for injection and charge us. The more I think about it, the more angry I am. Most likely will not go back to her other than for the standard injections.

helena
huh... the new gal spread flu virus again?? maybe she just taken the flu vaccine also :p maybe ask her to wear a mask! .. joke aside, you better 'cover' yourself! No joke to be down with flu and taking care of bb..

cclare
your pd is at 3rd floor is it? Ang something? Quite bad huh.. never inform of the vaccine and the separate charges.. then dont go back to her next time.. She was the first pd I brought my gal to... very funny one, tell me to bring my gal back for review after 1 wk or so that time (brought her there cos she puke bile) .. in my heart was thinking, if she okie, why should I bring her back... and normally if we call back to make enquiries after seeing gp/pd the day or next day, they are quite willing to help, she and her staff not willing to ans my enquiries loh..
angry.gif

bbgal,
yes, ang ai tin. I stick to her cos my baby was having very serious jaundice. Hospitalised for 3 days. In the 1st month, got to go back to her quite often. Her nurses services were ok to me. So i thought she was ok. But few months down the road, think her services not that good. She quick quick check, talk very fast like running against time. Sometimes, i wonder if she did the asssessment thoroughly.
But hor, her flu medicine was quite good. The last time my baby got flu, took her medicine and recover the next day liao! THis time, we took medicine from GP, recover quite slow. Take about 3 days. But i think other PD also got her kind of medicine rite?

cclare,
I had a bad experience with her. HORRIBLE like hell! Like bbgal's case, she also got me to bring my babe back to her after one week. And she hospitalised him for a total of 1 + 2 days for jaundice. Seems like she likes to hospitalise babies cos friends who bring their babies to hear kenna hospitalisation.

My boy also quite mischevious cos once he went to her and shook his legs so she said maybe he's having fits. I asked her the consequences and she said "Brain damage!" She's the one who has brain damage! Made him go through so many unnecessary blood tests. Poor baby! Our new PD told us not necessary at all.

I agree with bbgal. She and her clinic assistants not willing to answer questions. You ask one sentence, they answer one word and if kind, a few words. The only thing they are willing to say with a few sentences are that they have immunisation package and we should sign up for it.

I find that she has this fetish for clocks. Always looking at time and rushing through her work. Didn't even wait for my son's full blood result to be out before she made her diagosis. Was Sat at 1 and she and her staff were rushing to close shop. Said he got low calcium and gave him a big bottle of calcium syrup. Ironically when the full report was out, his calcium level is higher than usual.

So glad we got rid of her before we signed up for the bladdy package. We have since switched to Singapore Baby and Child. That place is Heaven man!

bbgal,
You are so humourous! I burst our laughing! She's really selfish. Sick but never once go on mc. Maybe she's hard-up for promotion. And the funny thing is when others are sick or when their kids are sick, she will ask them to go on mc or take child sick leave. ON the other hand, she goes round spreading her virus. When she blows her nose, I get so scared. Luckily I got a can of Dettol. I spray here spray there. Dun give face.

helena,

wow! can see u really angry man!

which singapore baby and child u went? I know there's one at AMK, but i saw a lot of people waiting for their turns. Is this private or govt?

helena,

actually i didn't want to sign up for package. cos i feel that injection can go polyclinic.
it's my hubby who insisted, cos he wants his precious son to have the best care. Now it backfire. I've been scolding him these few days.

cclare/helena,
Have been bring ryan to polyclinc for injections..so far only visited the PD when he was 1mth.. if there isn't anything seriously wrong will self medicate him coz most of the medicine at the PD can be bought at Guardian.. for normal symptoms.
cclare,
singapore and baby not govt.. there are many branches all over.

cclare,
I'm pissed off with Ang AT.
Who is your gynae? I was the kaypo one. My gynae is with WC Cheng and the nurse asked me to pick a PD from the directory of tenants outside the clinic. So I anyhow pick, wihout even consulting my friends and ignoring what my relative told me about Ang AT.
Singapore Baby has a 4 clinics. I go to the one at AMK cos it's near to my place. It's private and the PD go to different clinics at different times.

cclare
So its her! Yah, she talked real fast that I had to think through what she told me abt my gal after I came out from her office... last time there was this thread on her and the pd next door.. also problematic one.. and I went there when AAT was closed... I was assigned Dr Keoy from their clinic but I didnt get to follow up with him cos hubby and mil brought bb there for first check up.. but heard he's not so good also..

Regarding medi, helena might be right.. in fact my gp also has the medi given by pd.. I'm now with SBCC @TMC/AMK also.. and the pd and staff are quite good, just that the consultation charge is on the high end....its not crowded on weekday afternoon.. but if you go on weekends, just call and make appt, if not wrong, they have separate q# for appt and walk-in, sometimes they will also advise on the best time to go.. quite okie loh... hahaha I'm like their regular customer! Think Rayna's been there 3-4 times liow!

helena
She could scare people to death leh! And its really professionally unethical to anyhow give medi prior to the results! If can do like that, then what for need to make bb go through all the tests??? I feel that they are just interested to make money.. not helpful at all.. ask some qns, told me to just go down and see her! She also wanted me to sign up with her.. luckily hubby told me beforehand can go polyclinic so I didnt sign up..

You also made me burst out laughing at the spraying of dettol!
biggrin.gif
think more effective to spray on her? :p I'm so bad.. think she's worried that taking mc will affect her performance appraisal, esp she's new there! Last time I also had one senior who's like that.. purposely come to work when sick just to show her commitment to her work! horrible... germs spread even faster in aircon room!

ruffy
Didnt know that most medi are available at guardian, only saw the infacol, which is so much cheaper..

bbgal,
Actually Koey SS, Ang AT, Ang PL all belong to the same clinic. They have other branches too and one is in Bishan.
Which PD does your babe see? Mine sees Koh or Ngiam. Very nice and professional and take time to do a thorough assessment. Actually I find that their consultation fees same as Ang AT's.
The new girl...sigh...dun know what to say about her. When she is sick, she's very clever. She will not take mc but go home after lunch so will not be recorded. Also, she will not wear makeup when she is sick. I thought when you are sick, all the more you must wear makeup so as not to appear sick, hor???
So happy she will be away on course tomorrow so will not get virus. And on Friday, I will be on course. That mean, I can stay away from the virus for 4 days! Goody!!!!! She's always sick. Maybe cos she is so selfish she doesn't spare a thought for others, so she kenna virus so many times!
bounce.gif

helena
yep, they all same clinic.. I'm seeing Ong EK, but if he's not ard, I just see anyone... saw Sharon Lim once and she's quite good too.. at least my gal doesnt cry on seeing her..
happy.gif

You ah.. so bad leh, bouncing up and down when people got virus!
rofl.gif
tomorrow you better go spray dettol on her area to kill the germs once and for all.. haha.. your instituition so good ah, can just go off like that.. boss never says anything? maybe she's not so sick, but wanna make herself look more sick?
nono.gif
we so bad... gossip abt ppl... me worse, gossip abt someone I dont know.. :p

gotta go sleep soon..

morning mummies,
bbgal,
the bigger gurdians have the infacol, dentinox, gripe water for colic, they also have the nose drops, liquid panadol etc. Infacol can also be found at certain Watsons.
If you want to have music lessons for ur gal can have it at your place..but we must get the drums, xylophone, clackers cds etc...Can get from Chinatown.. much cheaper. Anyway... I have my own car so quite easy to travel around.

ruffy
whats clackers cds? I have a small drum and a traditional toy piano that comes with xylophone but one of the key abit out.. hahaha.. I havent discuss with hubby yet... cos I want to find out abt the kindermusik first then ask him... and he's down with flu last night... so scared he will pass on the virus to us!!!
sad.gif

bbgal,
No lah. We're not bad lah. We're just commenting on people who are bad. Anyways, what goes around comes around. I have run out of Dettol so I brought Lysol. The smell is nicer. As long as we have no lessons and we have something on, we just tell boss lor but cannot take advantage lah. Well, the boss may not say anything, but you never know what she writes about you. So far, I think the new girl like can act well leh.

helena
hahaha you made me feel better :p.. you mean you finished the dettol so fast? Yep I suppose such arrangements are based on trust and should not be abused... unless you are the boss' pet, else will sure kena blacklist if always go off early one..

bbgal,
not clackers cd.. clackers.. musical instruments.. cds to go along with songs they can thump on the drum to. There seems to be a lot of music lessons for bb overseas (US) but not that many here in SG..and v.expensive here also.

ruffy
oh.. clackers is those hand held instruments with 2 pcs of wood/plastic which is movable hitting the middle fixed pc to make sounds?

I asked hubby abt the music class, he's quite ok with it. Am waiting to hear from preggie and then decide later.
happy.gif

bbgal,
Think even if you are the boss'pet, you can become a pest cos this type of boss got problem with their character.
Actually the dettol was one quarter used when I brought it to the office and this other colleague of mine keeps using cos she also scared of the new girl's virus.
The Lysol better. But this girl from another dept told me not to always spray and I dunno what else cos I can't be bothered with her. Before she could finish saying what she wanted to say, I just walked away cos didn't like her facial expression. It was 5pm and I had better things to do like go home than listen to her talk rubbish. Besides, I sprayed at 5pm so what is the big deal? I am quite bitch hor? hehe
Btw, she gave birth in Feb. Maybe she is afraid the smell
will harm her kid. She's very possesive of him.

helena
really depends leh, the last boss I had, kaoz, one kind.. he's really extreme loh... employed the pet despite she being pregnant and gave her ML based on time-off... cant believe one can clocked 2 mth's worth of time off... I can write a book if I want to talk abt his unfair ways man... gross..

You gals really spray and spray everyday! Guess the gal is afraid that breathing in too much of the vapour is no good.. hahaha you also one kind huh, dont give her face..
nono.gif
:p but whats the kid got to do with the spraying?? she brought him there?
uhoh.gif

bbgal,
Your last boss the father of the pregnant pet? hahaha
biggrin.gif

This other gal is just paranoid to the point of being a simpleton. There was this smell of disinfectant cos they found a dead rat in the office and she stayed in the office not long cos she's afraid of bringing home the smell and virus.
Also said stupid things like if babies are born with teeth, the mother should extract and swallow them and if she fails to do so, the baby will bite her. She's got a whole load of such logic....sigh..
She's the only one complaining abt the spraying. Other people are very grateful and they sometimes borrow the spray.

helena!!
What a suggestion at that possibility of he being the father!!! oh dear! hmm woah, you are the first one to ever come up with this explanation!
rofl.gif

Wah! this is the first time I hear of swallowing bb's teeth!?? where she heard it from???

btw when you spray dettol, would it leave a sticky feeling on the table or area you spray on? The other time I poured abit into the water I use to soak clothe to wipe table, end up my hands felt so sticky!

cla
Your pc at home still not up yet ah? so long didnt hear from you! Everything okie?
happy.gif

mommies
so bored... saturday night yet nothing to do.. tv ba4 zhan4 by hb watching soccer.. sianz... got another tv in masterbedroom but dont feel like watching cos that one no scv and local chns nothing much to watch.. and my sis/bro not online to chat with me.. so bored.. hahaha.. grumbling here abit..
crazy.gif

hi mummies!

Sorry, MIA a while 'cos busy settling my PC at home and also work, is closing period again...
sad.gif

bbgal,
thanks for asking! hee hee... ya, busy... :p

Hey, did the mummies hv the gathering at ur house last sat? I hv forgotten all abt it!!! Gosh!!! hope u were not waiting for me to turn up...
embarrassed.gif
how was the gathering? all the mummies and babies hv fun?

btw, Matt took part in the bb show org by Bouna Vista CC today, din win anything but we hv fun n now we know how bb show is conducted. :p

Helena,
wow! the new girl really too much! i will complain to the boss or directly suan her in meetings where the boss is around... u know, jia jia show concern to her, say how come she keep falling sick since she join the co, then suggest her to build up her body immune sys against all the illness, n said is gd for her n everyone in the off... ha, don know if this will works but i will definitely try out means n way to show boss her unhealthy side...
lame.gif

bbgal,
Dunno where she heard all those nonsense from. The last time she was pregnant, she asked me if she could use pimple cream. And when her lips were cracked, I told her to use vaseline and she said she didn't dare try and went to ask the pharmicist who advised her to use butter!!!!! Dunno why it never occured that her foetus might get high cholestral! hahaha
The MOST silly thing she ever told me was she adds salt to her baby's porridge cos salt kills germs! I felt like asking her to next time add Dettol for more potency!
I dunno abt the sticky feel cos I spray into the air but after spraying into the phone, the black phone has patches of white. Got to spray on phone cos the new girl sometimes uses my phone.

Cla,
Better not try to embarrass the new girl in front of the boss cos dunno what the boss thinks of her. Must find out first before I strike! haha
She's supposed to go for course on Thursday and Friday and my other colleague told me on Thursday she went but didn't go on Friday cos she said she's sick. Dunno if she will key her mc into the HR system or not.

cla
yah loh we had the gathering at my place on last sat (it seems like a long while ago! I had to check my calendar to see if it was last sat!) quite fun for me and hb, the kids are so cute... and so funny, my gal 'fought' with ruffy's ryan over a ball..
crazy.gif
... all caught on camera somemore.. hahaha

So paiseh leh, I didnt check with you again cos I thought maybe you not comfortable to bring matt as he was fussing then.. should have sms you lah!

How was the contest? Is it also like what the others had mentioned, let the pd check on bb? Or need some forms of crawling ard see who fastest?
happy.gif

helena
use butter??? this is the first time I heard of it... or is it really practised but just that I'm a mountain turtle???

oh dear, so she really added salt to the porridge? It's not good to let bb take salt so early what! Wah you so horrible, want to ask her to add dettol! wait she faint ah!
crazy.gif

hi mummies.
happy.gif

now my co network got pro, took long time to come in n long time to show the posting...
sad.gif

bbgal,
glad u all hv fun, i wan to see the pics.. can send me the link after uploading?

the contest is ok lor, for fun onli... the criteria are
1. bb weight
2. immunisation
3. physical examination
4. motor skill
5. breastfeeding/weaning

think got 1 or 2 more items, can't remember the rest liao... they will call u to the room n then the PD will start the examination n give points... so hv to see the PD like ur bb or not. i feel lah...

helena,
what a funni colleague u hv... she is like those uneducated type one, never read up...
crazy.gif

is she a teacher as well?

bbgal,
NEWS!!!!! The new girl went on mc Monday and Tuesday and those colleagues who went to the same course as her last Thursday and Friday said she didn't turn up on Friday cos she said she was sick! Wah! That means she had a total of 5 days off! 5 days can go for short holiday, hor? haha
And today and tomorrow, she's away on course (AGAIN!). Dunno if she will siam cos none from my dept going so cannot check lor.

Cla,
Yeah, the colleague behaves like uneducated. She's also teaching but in Engineering dept. Some more got her degree from UK and worked as an engineer before. Funny...

cla
I dont have a website for bb photos leh, you have yahoo email account? I send them to you, quite a few so need yahoo then can tahan the size or any other accounts that can tahan big file sizes.. heehe.. ruffy also posted those taken with her camera at the 'good pd at geylang,etc' thread.. gotta looked into archive I think, ard the date of gathering.

oh the criteria so weird ones, got immunization??? then gotta bring bb's health booklet?? hehee.. my sil said they also look at bb's face, if got a bit of rashes or pimples then cannot liow... yahloh also depends on the pd, if pd likes your bb then high chance..

helena
you so funny! big NEWS somemore! hahaha... wow she knows how to 'plan' her mc huh? mayb she went for a short trip also.. heehee.. cos if not so serious illness can still go leh.. I did that before, I mean going on trip when I was still abit coughing (of cos that's after I quitted liow! hahaa) but surprising on the trip I wasnt coughing at all! hahaha we are so bitchy!!!
biggrin.gif

bbgal,
We not bitchy lah! Told you already mah..what goes around comes around! Poetic justice!!!!!
bounce.gif

That new girl is the real bitch cos yesterday I smsed her to ask how she was. She didn't bother to reply but came this morning for 45 mins (pretend to be damn hardworking to go to work and left for her course at 9am) so I purposely asked her how come she didn't reply in front of my other colleague. She said she was too tired. Come on! If it were the boss, I bet she'll quckily sms. Well, her answer didn't bother me a bit cos I didn't ask out of concern.
lol.gif

As usual lah..came without makeup and her clothes like never iron to show how sick she is.
She knows her to act lah. Heard from my ex students that she shows video, like Mr. Bean, for half the period. What's the teaching point ar???

helena
hahaha you bouncing up and down again!
biggrin.gif

I feel that its quite rude of ppl not to reply sms.. unless its like its very late, people sleep liow.. but even then should also reply the next day loh... she's really a weird kind.. hahaha show mr bean in class? for relaxation purposes? actually I find mr bean very gross... I can only tahan watching the cartoon but not the real mr bean...

bbgal,
Well, she shows Mr. Bean and other video so can teach less mah. And then hold the class back so the boss will think she's very hardworking.
She's not rude; she just thinks she's clever to suck up to those on top. But some of us can see thru her.

bbgal,
u can send to [email protected]. Thanks!

oh, maybe that's y Matt din win, he still hv some eczema rash on his face.
sad.gif

anyway, we just joined for fun, not expecting to win anything also...
happy.gif

helena,
that new girl really too much, too bad some time bosses don see all these, is onli those who work w her then know...
angry.gif

helena
she's so desperate? empty vessel makes the most noise? I feel that if one has the capabilities, really no need for such tricks..
nono.gif

cla
I've sent you the photos! 2 emails cos quite a lot loh
happy.gif

You took photos of matt at the contest? can share here?
happy.gif

helena
have you brought titus to the wedding dinner? How was it? I have two weddings next month and one in dec.. now abit hesitant to bring her cos we tried a few times let her sit in high chair at restaurants, she cant sit for long.. somemore dinner will be quite late, she will sure fuss alot towards her sleep time..

Cla,
Yeah. Can't stand her. My other colleague calls her a little dog. She will help those who can benefit her. So pathetic. And these 2 days, she's on course from 9 to 5 but came to office from 7.20 to 8.45, in that sickly face of hers, to prove she's so dedicated. Well, the place she is attending her course is just round the corner, so no big deal.

bbgal,
She's desperate! And she had the cheek to tell me when she has kids, she will want to be housewife.
Haven't brought baby to wedding dinner but will bring him to a church wedding next week. When we have dinner at home or outside and have him on high chair, he fusses. They can't sit for long. I suggest you and your husband got to take turns carrying her out when she fusses.

helena
oh I thought you had one wedding to attend in oct.. one of the wedding I'm attending is also a church wedding but I'm definitely not bringing her there cos sometimes can be quite silence during such ceremony.. May not bring her afterall cos her fussing is loud and angry kind.. and I dont like to be so 'disturbed' during my meals... :p

bbgal,

I'm the one attending wedding dinner in oct.
Brought ryan along and it was ok. Cos my ryan is quite sociable, anyone can carry. So we just pass him around 2 tables ( my close friends) and we have time to eat. He was very fascinated by the 1st dish presentation, where the spot lights was moving very fast.
He fuss at 8pm+ onwards cos he's tired. So my hubby and some friends take turns to bring him 'gai gai'. By 9pm, he was too tired and slept in my arms.
Got another dinner to attend this sunday. Hope it goes well too.

Hi Cclare
Oh I remembered wrongly. :p

The dinner started early? Cos I thought normally starts after 8.30pm.. by then my gal would probably want to sleep.. problem is she doesnt even let my sil/bro/sis carry let alone want stranger to carry, just like today my friend came to my house, she yelled and screamed so loudly upon seeing her!!! gosh... think I shouldnt bring her then...

bbgal,
thanks! the bb are so cute! i can recognise Ruff & Ryan, Hong & Janelle and of course u and Rayna.
happy.gif
there are a few pic where Ryan n Rayna playing together, so cute! Rayna seem to hv grow quite a lot since we last met.
happy.gif

cclare,
Ryan is a gd boy! Glad u enjoyed the dinner... i hv 1 in Nov n 2 in Dec, not sure if i shd go for the Nov 'cos onli i am invited and is a Sat.
sad.gif

Is it that nowadays, dinner will start punctually?

Hi Cla
yahloh she put on so much, still putting on weight.. the last I measured her, let her sit on the normal weighing machine, she's close to 9.5kg! But her height like no increase.. :p all the milk turns into fats on her tummy, thighs and arms.. hahaha

bbgal,
ha.. that's gd...
happy.gif

Mat measured 9.2kg during the contest. Btw, the pics that we took during the bb show are not so gd, so not sharing here... sorry.
blush.gif

Hi Cla
Our babies are reaching 10kg soon, the weight of a big pack of rice! hahaha...

Its okie abt the pic, nevermind lah.

Btw I've just lowered the cot to the lowest level, she's been standing in her cot over the past week.. finally can have peace of mind now.. no need to worry she'll lean over the railing.. but she doesnt seem to know how to get/sit down after standing up, kept standing.. hahaha.. :p

bbgal / cla,
the dinner that I attended started about 8pm. I think the dinner started early cos the guests are mostly friends n colleagues. Very few relatives as the bride n groom are malaysian.
Attended another wedding dinner last nite. This time, I'm not so lucky. Ryan refuse to sleep throughout the dinner and needs to be carry around 'gai gai'. Otherwise he fuss a lot. The dinner also started quite late, about 9pm. By then, he's so tired. Luckily, there's quite a number of toddlers and kids playing around. So i bring him to see them play.

bbgal,
It's going to be very difficult if your gal only wants you to carry. Then you have no time to interact and enjoy your dinner.
For me, I have some time to eat whenever I pass Ryan to some auntie or friends to play with.

Hi All,

Not posted for some time... Occasionally read postings but not been contributing very much
happy.gif

Wow, all your babies all pulling themselves up. My girl has been sitting unsupported since 5.5 months, but doesn't seem to want to pull herself up yet

Ruffy
I remember that you bring your son swimming at a friend's condo? What is the minimum no. of bbs needed to conduct such a class? Any good schools that conduct such programmes?

Helena,

Read about your colleague. Can imagine how frustrating it is working with her!

Hi girl,

don't worry, every baby has their own development path. My boy is worse, cannot sit well unsupported although he's already 7 mths.
My hubby and me concluded that his head is too big for his body, so he can't balance well. ( His head is actually quite big lor!) He will only sit for a few seconds, and when he start to move his hands, his own body will collapse. Quite funny! But got to keep watch carefully, in case he bang his head against the floor.

cclare,

your boy is also called ryan, right?

big head.... wah, sure v smart!

my girl has big hair, not big head:D

yah, guess each kid will develop at their own pace... but can be quite hard to avoid being 'kan cheong'

Girl,
yes, he's ryan.
he got high forehead too. So many pple say he will be very smart. But me n hubby are quite neutral about this lah! So long as he's healthy, we're happy.
We tend to let nature take its course. We believe that each bb learn at their own pace. Don't think that bb who talk / crawl / walk / ...etc early means that they will be better off when they grow up. More excuses for us to be lazy. hee hee...
biggrin.gif

Hi Cclare
Yah my gal only wants me to carry when strangers ard, think need quite a while to warm up.. but my main concern was that her sleeping time is ard the start of the dinner.. thus eventually I decided not to bring her..

I didnt really enjoyed the only gathering where I brought her along to meet my close friends outside for lunch... she was super cranky then and had to carry and rock for very long.. then end up time to feed her, change her.. I didnt even get to talk to my friends.. was qutie upset then.

Hi Girl
Finally found another mar bb gal.
happy.gif
yah loh different bb different pace of development.. though my gal can pull herself up, she still cant really sit well unsupported, move abit she will fall backwards... I've learnt not to worry too much lah, she's just taking her own time to get onto another milestones..

Back