(2004/03) March Mummy

ruffy,

your ryan very fast leh! learning to walk so early.
My ryan has no teeth, cannot sit without support yet and cannot really crawl. Think my mum too pamper him liao! Always carry him around.

Mummies,
Happy news! I'll be moving on to another company in mid-Nov. Can get discount for formulas. Think a lot of you are using that brand. Quite obvious which company I'm moving to hor? I can get them for you if interested. But don't think I can log in that often anymore.

cclare/ruff,
thanks! this pic is taken at Out of the Box photography, Millienium Walk. They took quite a few pics for us to choose and if wan to purchase more, hv to pay additional $168 for 5 pc + a frame... find it too ex, so just choose my entitlement onli.

btw, Matt can also walk 1, 2 steps in the cot, holding on to the rail.

ya... going to get the teething gel tonight for him... just called my MIL and she said Matt is ok, playing happily w his cousin, not like yesterday so cranky...
crazy.gif
.. but he is not drinking his milk... he can onli take abt 60ml per feed for 2-3 hrs... haiz... don know what wrong w him...
sad.gif

cclare,
congrats for getting ur new job!

cla
Matt fussed from 2am till 4am? You must be tired out! somemore gotta work today... okie, I'll kiv you, just pop by if you can
happy.gif

Think my cot only has 3 levels.. and I realised that if she stands, its even lower than her armpit..

Matt's so cute in the photo, can get him to smile at camera! Its very expensive hor to add on, cannot just buy another 1 or 2 pcs huh? How abt those taken at the other studio?

ruffy
I dont know if my gal is teething again but these days she's getting very grouchy in the evening.. but she's not drooling loh and cant see any teeth on top... dont know if it became a habit for her to be going downstairs every evening..
crazy.gif

cclare
good news for you and for us (I hope the brand is SE!) hahaha..
happy.gif
so you still going into finance? are you taking a break before the new job?

cclare,
congrads on new job.. yeah if u can get discount on the "teddy bear milk" it will be great
happy.gif

bbgal,
now Ryan have bad habit must go out everyday or get v.grouchy..maybe coz we have been going out too often these few weeks.
have enrol him for trial swim lesson at suntec next sat...hope he likes this place.. if okay will sign on.. $90 /mth

cla/bbgal/ruffy,
thanks. haha...yah, u all will benefit.
I know there is a limit on the amount to be bought every month. My main concern is whether I'm entitled to the discount or got to wait till confirmation. Shall find out and let you all know if the lobang comes through.

My ryan is also very " hua ka". That's what my mum and MIL said. He always want to go out walk walk everyday. Cos he used to it liao! My aunite staying few blocks away come everyday, and carry him around the void deck. When he see the door gate, he will ' chiong' towards it and reach out for the lock.

ruffy
hahaa teddy bear milk?? :p

oh dear so it'll really get into a habit to want to go out everyday?? cham... am trying to cut down on going out so often cos I think the going out will deprived her of learning at home.. to crawl, sit etc...

Suntec got swimming pool? where is it?? quite expensive hor? its double your last one right? do you need to pay for the trial?

cclare
yesterday my hubby just got 6 tins from his colleague's friend at $17.50 each, think 2 of them combined to get 12 tins.. but not sure if still can get it next time though.. so good hor, staff have good prices.
happy.gif

mommies
today my gal managed to pull herself up from sitting position..knocked her head 2x onto the sides of cot when she toppled from her standing position... but if on tummy she still cant do it .. however I'm quite contented with that already.. hee hee
happy.gif

And she almost fell from our bed head-down this evening... gave me quite a scare.. put her on our bed while I was changing her cot bedsheet.. then she was playing with my hairclips so I took it to place on the ledge of our bed.. who knows she saw it and was reaching for it... she was already at the edge and body in sliding-down position..
crazy.gif

bbgal,
not expensive $90 per mth. Once a week lesson . Trial is free. Yeah.. suntec has a swimming pool on level 4 which Tower 2.
Most of Ryan's things are "teddy bear" related coz mummy likes teddy bears
happy.gif

Ryan is now busy standing up and trying to walk around. He can pull himself to the standing position from the side of the bed and then take 3-4 steps forward. He has also learned how to call for milk " neh neh:"

bbgal,
$17.50? That's more than 50% discount! Wow! I didn't know that the staff price is so good.

ruffy / bbgal,
I like the name teddy bear milk. Reminds me immediately on 'that teddy bear dragging a blanket'.

Think our babies are not at the crawling / standing / walking stage. So got to pay more attention to watch over them. Never know what they are up to now since they are more ' capable' liao!

Ruffy,
I heard of the swimming pool at Suntec. But I thought it's open only to people working in the Suntec buildings?

ruffy
$90 not expensive ah? need to sign up for how many months? Ryan very cute.. hee.. waiting to see him demonstrates on sat..
happy.gif

hmmm from what I know, there're 2 brands with teddy bear on the tin! Friso and similac! so which one is it??
happy.gif

cclare
no lah, less than 50% off, I'm talking abt the follow-on which is abt $27+ from ntuc. But I know from another friend that her colleagues got from friend at 50% price! She tried to ask for me but think couldnt tag on cos too many ppl liow.

hi mommies
dont know how, I lost one pack of pampers premium XL size... got 3 packs last time, yesterday realised left only 2 packs.. weird cos I'm using L for my gal now... could have used XL accidentally without realising.. but dont tell me the size not much difference till I never notice???? still searching high and low for it.. hahaha

bbgal,

u blur mummy. One big pack of PP also can get lost. Don't think you will use it by mistake cos the difference in size should be easily detected when you use it. Mayb your hubby happened to shift one pack to somewhere else?
biggrin.gif

cclare
I was the one who packed them and was proudly telling him then that I managed to squeeze them into the wardrobe somemore!! and now its gone!!!
crazy.gif
dont think he shifted it leh... he also cant find it... wahaha :p

hi gals,

Carrefour now having sale on Similac Excellence follow on, 400g tin for $5.50. Expiry is on Apr 2005. Just got 6tins n find that i save $36 compared if i buy the equivalent of the usual 900g one which cost $26per tin !

hello mummies!
happy.gif

today better mood 'cos Matt is a gd boy today, din fuss and i managed to finish the housework... later will bring him for shopping.
biggrin.gif

bbgal,
u r so sotong!!!
lol.gif
the PP must be somewhere in the house, find again lah...

btw, abt the studio pic... i still hv not collected from another studio... so can't show all of u...
blush.gif

ruff,
i also find $90/mth very ex, for 4 lesson only... think not signing Matt for any swimming lesson yet, maybe when he turns one yr old... at the mean time will be leisure swimming...
happy.gif

cclare,
u r right! our bb are now in the 'dangerous' stage, need to watch them carefully...
happy.gif

ha.. now we know where is ur new co liao...
biggrin.gif
me still breastfeeding, so din buy/try the follow on milk yet.

btw, how's ur ss? ur mense back already? maybe that's the reason for lower ss...

cla,
since Ryan enjoys the classes very much I will continue with him for awhile..at the same time will learn how to teach him myself. There are places lesser than $90/mth but v.full so he is on wait list there.. will see how the trial lesson is before deciding on whether to sign on.
Have u tried the CCK pool yet? how did you find it?
When will Matt's webpage be ready?

cla,

i kind of stop BF once he reach 6 mths. Was giving him only 1 BM feed a day from 6 mths onwards to 6.5 mths. Now totally stop liao! Somehow, my ss reduce dramatically once I reduce my pump session from 3 to 2. The EBM was also the cloudy kind instead of white. So decided to stop liao! Anyway, with a new job, not nice to continue pumping as well. So just nice.

No leh! my menses not back yet till now.

Cla,
I pumped about 1.5litres a day. Titus drinks about 180-200ml one time.

Ruff,
Your baby is really fast for his age. I wonder if it's because you are a SAHM.

cclare,
Is it true that Similac is the most popular milk in S'pore? Seems like my colleagues all feed their babies with Enfalac and when I didn't have enough bm once, Titus' former pediatrician recommended Enfalac.

snowflake
When did the sale start? cos I was at carrefours last few days but didnt see, only saw the similac advance 400g tin..

cla
after giving birth my IQ and memory dropped!!! hahaha.. I'm still trying hard to recall if I stored it in the wardrobe..

helena
your ss still going strong! that's very good loh!

gd morning mummies!

helena,
wow! wow! wow! ur ss is really strong!!! *envy, envy* i am still struggling to go on and Matt has reduced his intake to abt 500ml per day, so i managed to stock up a bit. But definitely will stop when he is 1 yr old, very tiring...
sad.gif

ruff,
not yet try out the CCK pool, 'cos think is difficult to manage him if go swimming alone w him.
sad.gif

haiz, Matt's website not ready yet, we are sorting out his pics to post. too many to choose from. i hv taken an average of 300 pics per mth. was targetting to finish by today but can't finish. Hope to finish by end of this month. will invite all of u to view when is ready.
happy.gif

cclare,
so u still cannot hv No.2? :p

bbgal,
don say that lah... actually me too, tends to forgot things easily...
sad.gif

helena,

I heard Similac is market leader with 40% market share in Spore.
Think it's very popular for the past 10 years. Cos my colleagues with kids ( 3-10 years old) are all taking it. Your PD may recommend Enfa becos that's the free samples that he got from the milk companies.
Similac does not give free sample for infant formula, cos that's against WHO code. They only give samples for follow-on formula onwards. But I notice many other brands give free samples for infant formula, that's why we see a lot of pple now taking other brands instead.

so envy, your BM ss so strong. My factory stop production liao! I very sad leh!
sad.gif

cla/ bbgal,

I also very forgetful since preggie till now.

cla,
Don't know leh! Anyway, I not eager to have #2 so soon. Me n hubby also no time and too tired too!
embarrassed.gif

Mummies,
My ryan finally cutting his tooth liao! Can see 2 bottom tooth coming out soon. Whitish at the surface. Funny, I thought babies fuss a lot when cutting tooth. But my ryan more 'guai' these 2 days, can even sleep without sarong.
Better cross my fingers, sometimes baby very ' pan tang'. You say they 'guai', next day they will fuss liao!
crazy.gif

morning mummies,
Cclare,
My Ryan is fussing even more after cutting the bottom 2 teeth.. They are already 1/2 out of the gums..maybe he is cutting the upper teeth or side teeths coz he keeps on grinding on things and put them towards the side of his mouth.. dunno..can't see anything else yet. He stopped drooling for few weeks then after the 2 teeth appear started drooling and getting more grouchy then when the bottom teeth were comming out.
Now v.difficult to clean his mouth coz even with just bottom teeth he can "bite' and it is quite painful. He also doesn't like me to put the cloth in his mouth to clean the tongue and gums now.. maybe will get a finger brush this weekend.
About Similac..my mum said that she had been giving that to me when I was young but changed over to Dumex coz it was cheaper back then.
This morning he was awake since 6am..and now then finally settle to sleep after bath/meal..playing around for 3-4hrs..
His favourite activity is climbing all over you.. and since he has a v.firm grip it is v.painful to be "manhandled" by him. cause he digs his nails into your skin when climbing around. I'm trying not to let him stand up too much as his legs are not firm yet.. so have to constantly put him onto his back and he gets v.angry about it. Will start shouting/wailing at me.. very stubborn boy!!!!

cla/cclare
wondering is it becos our mind are too occupied by bb that we tend to be forgetful.. ahahah ..

cclare/ruffy
didnt know similac has such a long history! yah loh, find that the other brands like abit play cheat, give out samples for infant formula, some even deliver 1 full tin right to door step!!! by right not even suppose to sell direct to customers, but some co are doing it loh.. abit unethical?!

helena
most of my friends give their bb similac also, thats why I get to know abt it and switch over when mamex doesnt seem to be suitable for my gal.

cclare
think really depends on each bb, my gal didnt drool as much when she's teething also... but nowadays she's very cranky, I walked away she will cry... dont know if its teething..

ruffy
dont know why bb's nails are still very sharp after trimming.. no matter how short I trimmed them, they still hurt.

ruffy/bbgal,

my ryan too has a very strong grip. Sometimes when i carry him, and he wants to move to another direction, he will grap at your face and squeeze while he turns. ouch! that's very painful.

bbgal,
yah, even after trimming his nails, it's still sharp too.

cclare/bbgal,
I guess that their nails are sharp as they like to dig..even though how short you cut and file it is no use. It will be worst when their upper teeth are out and they will conveniently bite you..dread when Ryan reaches that stage.

bbgal,

sorry....went to check jus now...yup it's really similac advance not similac excellence advance
embarrassed.gif
....sigh...me so blur !!!!!! btw, do u noe wats the diff betwn the 2 ???

Snowflake,
the one without the excellence has no DHA/AHA and the nucleodies etc that stimulates brain development ..If you check the contents it is much lesser and for certain ingredients the % is lesser. The fat level may be higher also.
Have compared Frisco/Wyatt gold/Enfalac A+/ Similac excellence and found that the excellence has the most no of ingredients and did not have palm oil therefore the bb stool will be softer.. have tried Enfapro and Ryan's stool is much harder.

Hi mummies,
I have a free Mamil Gold sample. Wonder if this is good as compared to other brands?
My mum gave me S26 when I was a baby. But I heard from others it is "heaty"?
My period came today. Wonder if my breastmilk ss will drop? When did you period return after giving birth?

cclare/ruffy
I think I'm a crazy mommy, I quite enjoy her 'grip' on me and I even try let her bite my finger when I clean her mouth with the cloth, just to see how strong her bite is
crazy.gif
haha..

snowflake
oh dear, maybe you can try return to carrefour and get a refund or exchange? I didnt compare the formula but think ruffy has answered your qns, I suppose the difference should be the aa/dha. I tried to check up abbott website but info not available.

helena
I think quite alot of bb on mamil gold also. yep, heard that S26 is heaty but I think also depends on bb, my friend's bb on S26, she said its ok. my period came back when bb's 2MO!

Dont know why these few days my gal very cranky... after last feed still cant sleep by herself.. cried for 1hr just now!!!! carried and rocked also wont sleep... and while I let her cried and did my housework, she actually stood up in her cot! First time! Think she was too angry that we never go see her that she converted her anger into a force to stand up..
crazy.gif
then finally put her on our bed and I sleep beside her, patting her then she sleep..
sad.gif

Hi mommies
I finally solved the mystery of the XL pampers! I've used them on my gal accidentally! Found the remaining 2 pcs in the diaper bag for outside use! hahaha.. :p but the size is really not much difference, just slightly longer!
happy.gif

gd morning mummies!
happy.gif

haiz, my com at home broke down... now cannot surf net at home.
sad.gif

helena,
mine came when my bb was 4MO. ss dropped from 800-1000ml to now 600-700ml.

bbgal,
ha... my hubby and i also like to give our fingers for Matt to bite on, esp when he is noisy on the way home. :p

There was once, during a gathering, my fren was carrying Matt, Matt grasped my fren's finger and attempted to put into his mouth. Then my fren pulled back... after few tries and failed, Matt got angry and cried loudly... hahahah... so funni! :p

u blur mummy! ha... finally mystery solved!
happy.gif

Oh! Rayna has shown her anger by standing in the cot! ha... so she has progress to another milestone...remember to lower the bb cot.
happy.gif

maybe she is not comfortable or maybe teething again? is like Matt the other nite. wan to be carried and refused to sleep, refused to be put down... haiz. so headache. luckily is onli that day, if for few days, i will go crazy...\ clipart{crazy}

Mummies,
can i check how many of u let ur bb sleep alone in a room?

Hi cla
Glad that Matt is okie liow, no more fussy..
happy.gif

Matt is so funny!!!
rofl.gif
wah so both you and your hubby's fingers have become his pacifiers! sometimes I also try to tempt her with my finger and she will open her mouth and stick out her tongue.. hahaha

Thats the only time she stood up by herself, after that no more, this morning only managed to get into kind of a kneeing position.. so we havent lowered the cot yet.

Dont know if its teething loh, checked her gum but nothing loh...

I havent shifted her out of our room yet.

Cla,
Which studio did you bring your babe to? How much did they charge? Interested in bringing my babe there. Actually do they allow parents to join in?

helena,
this pic is taken at Out of the Box photography, i think they do take for family... u can check out their website at http://www.box.com.sg/
i had the pic FOC, need to pay $168 for additional 5 pics + a frame. Not sure for family pics.

Hi!

Hope you girls don't mind me intruding. Just happen to see that you girls talking about taking bb pics. I going to bring mine to the studio that I had my wedding pics taken. They are offering 1 frame 8R and 10 pcs of 5R at $180. Anyone interested? Buts its along Serangoon road. Btw, my bb is a April BB. bbgal, remember me? you pm me before...
happy.gif

Hi angel
Yep I remembered you! Hope you are coping well with bb!
happy.gif

Thanks for the info, but dont think I'm taking her to the studio, she doesnt like to smile in unfamiliar places or with strangers.. will waste money if I bring her there..
crazy.gif

bbgal,

Ryan came down with running nose on saturday nite. His blocked nose was quite bad and he can't sleep well. Wake up to cry every 2 hours at nite. I have 2 sleepless nites over the weekend. Took leave yesterday to take care of him and to catch up on my sleep.

Any of your babies took the flu vaccine? The jab for Ryan last sat was actually the 1st dose of flu vaccine. I'm so blur, thought it's the 3rd dose of Hep B. When I went to my PD, they told me the 1st 6 mths jab all completed liao!
So funny hor! After he took the flu vaccine, he actually fell ill.

cclare,
Didn't give any flu vaccine to my Ryan..have heard that the vaccine may cause the flu rather than prevent it as it is actually introducing the germs to the bb so bb builts up antibiotics against it...so don't think I will bring him for it. Hope that your Ryan gets better soon. Have you tried Nose Drops or the pigeon pump to clear blocked nose?

ruffy,

really, didn't know that's how flu vaccine work.
I only found out that it's flu vaccine at the point that the nurse is preparing the jab. I really blur hor? Didn't even know what jab my baby is having.
Have used nose drop. He's better last nite already. At least, he woke up only once.

cclare,
u bring Ryan overseas that's why he went for the flu jab? Hope that he gets much better soon.. Will you go for the chicken pox vacine? I'm considering about it.

cclare
Hope ryan is better now! You another blur mommy.. :p how come need flu vaccine? There's another dosage to come right?

ruffy
We're not going for the chicken pox vaccine, cos gotta re-vac few years down the road right?

ruffy/bbgal,
Ryan is better already.
No, we are not going overseas. My PD ask me to come in for the jab. But she never tell me what jab it is. I thought initially that it's the 6th month jab for 3rd dose of Hep B. But only when I'm there, the nurse told me that jab was already done last month. This one is for flu vaccine. So we blur blur take the jab lor!
There are 2 doses for flu vaccine. Need to go back next month for the 2nd one. Now, considering whether to go for it.
I thought the chicken pox vaccine is the normal one for 12 months old. Cos I saw it on my appointment card where they list all the jabs required for babies.
This time, I cannot be blur liao! Will find out from my friends who are experienced.

ruffy
I think I remember correctly have to re-vac.. not sure how many yrs later though... think until they develop a better vaccine then I will let her take it.. else let nature takes its course
happy.gif

cclare
good that ryan is better! how come the pd never tell you or give you an option on that? so bad leh, like out to earn money... is your pd at tmc? Must check if can dont go for the 2nd dose leh...

No lah, chicken pox vaccine is not mandatory.. its not even stated in the bb's health book, the national childhood immunisation schedule.. so can dont opt for it... really depends on individual.

Back