(2004/03) March Mummy

Colt,
My boy was every alternative day.. haven't tried similac excellence yet.. got the sample last week. have tried him on Enfapro and Wyatt gold. Enfapro causes his stool to be quite hard.. but he is on semi-solid and formula so quite hard to distinguish which causes the stool to be hard.
I guess for your boy if may be the other things that he eat and not the formula.. if he is not poo more than 3/4times a day then it should be okay..dun need to worry about diarroea.
Teething may not be associated with fever, diarroea, drooling.. My boy is also teething but doesn't not show those classic signs of teething except being irritable.

cclare
hee.. luckily you havent performed the trick, else it wont work the 2nd time :p

ruffy
I shouldnt be going on the 9 Oct one cos scare bb and I bring the germs there..

You going to enrol Ryan for another swimming lessons ah? Really peifu you, really let him learn alot of stuff.

colt77
My gal is taking similac excellence follow-on, just finished the 400g tin sample and moving on to the 900g tin. Her poo colour is more of custard green (yellow green, not dark green) and is similar to her poo when drinking similac excellence infant formula. There was once recently when her poo had some streaks of dark green poo in it.

Like what ruffy say, if its not more than 3/4 times it should not be a worry, diarrhoea is when he poos more frequently and more watery stools than normal.

hi bbgal,

hope u r better today! ok for me to change date, then i don need to rush from Zoo to ur house.
happy.gif

Hi mommies

Today so quiet here.

cla
Thanks! I'm better today, sore throat almost gone, just left with phlegm and itchy throat. But my gal's cough got worse and have quite alot of phlegm, coughing whole day.

Sent her to pd and got another set of medi. After that we still went to carrefour to check out the high chair, but eventually got 1 at kidsmall. Those big plastic seat with big tray and fold and keep kind. Hubby wasnt very keen on getting it but I insisted cos there are so many kinds there yet he still not satisfied.. if still cant find it there, no where else I think.. think will drag until no need to buy.. so just insisted on one. Can use can liow.

Just to add, I went to carrefour suntec nappy changing room today, very interesting, they have pampers fit & dry open diapers and pull-up pants samples for mommies to use on their bbs. I let my gal tried on the pull-up pant when I changed her there.. and took 1 of the open diaper to try next time
happy.gif
they also have J&J wet wipes for use.

Carrefour is also selling similac excellence follow-on at $24 only, expiry date is Nov 2005, but the stock is quite low.

ps: I'm not a carrefour members/shareholders :p

cclare
hahaha yah loh, all migrated.. :p so your bz period over liow?

Wonder where is helena, didnt hear from her for quite a while.

no, very bz now and next week.
But still reading lah! During my 'rest time', otherwise very stress leh!

cclare
heehee.. so taking a breather here.
happy.gif
think cla also bz with month end now..

helena
never see you post, thought you mia liow :p everyone so bz.. think weekends are my busiest time..

Hi! Did anyone read about Wong Li Lin's daughter? she went through 15 hours of labour!! Wonder how it felt.

bbgal,
I work like a donkey on weekdays la. Having a boss who is afraid of her own bosses and her counterparts in other depts do not help.

ruffy
I voted liow!
happy.gif
you know can go in once everyday to vote for him?
happy.gif

helena
yep, read abt it, can watch her delivery on CNA right?

So your weekends are quite okie right? hmmm this kind of boss cant 'fight' for her subordinates hor?

hello mummies!

has been busy for the past few days, do more reading than posting. :p

brought Matt to Zoo today 'cos is my company's family day... but realised not many animals there now, not like last time... a bit disappointed..
sad.gif

bbgal,
u and Rayna getting better? hope both of u will become well soon n we can go on shopping trips again.
happy.gif

ruff,
hv voted! cute pic.
happy.gif

cclare,
ya, busy time w closing... haiz... tired of it already... think wan to change line to SAHM... hahaha... :p

helena,
u also busy ya? so wong li lin has given birth n is a girl... don know which celebrity is next... :p

well, work hard on weekdays n relax on weekends...
hey, how was ur that irritating new colleague? still there?

cla
zoo now not many animals?? my hubby's nephew said it was very smelly there ... hahaa
crazy.gif
... did Matthew enjoy himself, he knows how to watch the animals?

Thanks for asking! We are slowly recovering.. she's coughing lesser now.. I just saw a chinese physician so I hope it will help to cure my cough. I also missed those days of shoppings! hahaha

Think the next celeb popping would be evelyn tan.

haha you sure you want to switch line to SAHM? hee hee welcome!
happy.gif

ruff,
Just voted for your Ryan.

bbgal,
Sats are also busy with Titus and my family. Suns are for church. So I am very busy. Really miss those days when I was not married. ;) But then, having Titus outweighs all the fatigue.
happy.gif

Cla,
Yeah, the new girl still around. She has a contract so she'll stick around for some time, unless she asks for deployment. I hopes she disapears! ;) Some people (including myself) in the dept dun quite like her but do not show. We dun talk a lot to her or if she is near, we dun quickly change subject as we dun want her to be in the know of things. Her past-time is sucking up to the bosses and acting. Acts hardworking but once my boss' or mentor's backs are turned, she'll either read magazines or surf the net for her wedding stuff. She's getting married next year.

Helena,
just want to ask how many bottles did you bring along during the holiday in Thailand.. We are going to KL for a few days this week..so now packing all Ryan's stuff.

morning mummies!

ya... this thread a bit quiet nowadays... :p

bbgal,
ya.. quite smelly in the zoo... err... don know whether is it b'cos of the night safari that they transfer some of the animals over... actually was finding giraffe but can't see any...
sad.gif

helena,
how long is her contract? sick to hv such colleague... so her wedding next yr... wonder if she will invite all of u... :p

ruff,
enjoy urself at KL! ;)

helena
hee.. I missed those preg days.. the feelings of her kicking and hiccupping inside me.. hahaha

ruffy
how nice! going holidays!
happy.gif
enjoy!

cla
ooh.. really smelly ah... they dont have the giraffe? hahaha I still remembered the scene of seeing them when I went there in pri 1! hahaha.. donkey years ago!

ruff,
We brought along 3 bottles and tablets to sterilise. Actually you can get the Avent disposable cos you just need to wash the teats and change the bag. I wanted to buy but my mum said it's a waste of money. You must carry a bottle of plain water everywhere you go incase weather too hot.

Cla,
I think her contract is 3 years. Dun ask cos she's very secretive. Very funny too. She wants to know the kind of courses you go to or the meetings but dun want to tell you abt hers. Anyways, she entered at a lower scale than me. Think she's too competitive. Very sure she will invite us cos she likes to suck up and in front of the bosses, treats us damn well.

cla,

yah, very busy at work now.
yesterday on urgent leave. So today, more busy.

helena,
I got 2 new packs of disposable avent bags. If u want, can sell to you cheap. I was using them to pump milk previously when I had a lot of EBM. Later on, I use milk bottles, so stop using the bags liao!These 2 packs are extras left over.

Hi mommies
Very quiet these few days.. heehee I'm here to re-confirm our gathering next sat 16 Oct, 1230pm at my place... can PM me your email address so that I can send my address to you all next week? Thanks!

cclare/cla
Still busy with closing? long time no hear from you mommies liow.. not even in the new mommy thread. :p

ruffy
you back today? or only tomorrow? want to check with you one nursery rhymes' meaning.. heehee.. you teach music mah, so thought you might be able to help me..
happy.gif

helena
you cant make it for the gathering on sat ah? your weekends all pack is it?

bbgal,

still bz with closing. today is last day. Now waiting for my staff to perform data entry, then i can review. So got some time to post here.

I think Ryan's next and last jab is on 16 Oct. Got to check. will let u know.

cclare
I got your PM liow! oh, if on 16 oct then you cant join us ah? I hope you remembered wrongly leh! hee hee..
happy.gif

bbgal,

u forgot huh? I need to con my hubby into "shopping at town". We usually go straight home after injection. So how to con him?
biggrin.gif

cclare
yah loh, if bb having jab I will also go home straight.. wont go anywhere the whole day one.. so I hope you remember the date wrongly loh, no jab on that day so then can trick hubby come out.. dont say con lah... so nan2 ting1.. heehee
happy.gif

Hi mummies! Haven been here for such a long time. My son needs a lot of attention. All of you still breastfeeding?

hi all mummies,

Phew! have been busy this week, no time to come in for chat...
sad.gif

bbgal,
shd be ok to go ur house on 16 Oct... btw, i don know if my son will cry when going into ur house or not, so will depend on his performance on that day to see if we can stay on. *crossing finger*

cclare,
gd for u, onli need to review... me hv to do. just finish the closing last week n this week is to clear all the bad log, haiz, so many...
sad.gif

helena,
wow! i remember u said that u hv enough for 75 feed... if u din use the disposable bag, how many bottles did u use? ur fridge is big enough to store all?

Hello! Mar_mum,
r u a SAHM? hee hee... my son also need a lot of attention, but luckily many people can give him attention, so i am not that busy... :p
am still breastfeeding for as long as possible... but will stop when Matt turn 1 yrs old.

cla,
I'm more on the management reporting side. So have to wait for accounts to close and finalise before can do reporting.
The reports that HQ wants is increasing everyday. sian...

Hi Mar_mum,
I'm stopping BF soon cos supply getting very low. Only 1 feed of EBM per day now.
My son is also attention seeker. Need someone to be around with him. Once he don't see anyone, he'll scream. Very bz at nite when we bring him home, cos only me n hubby mah! Either one of us got to be his companion.

Hi mar_mum
think our bbs here all need attention.. all scare of loneliness.. hahaa.. me stopped BFg when she was 1MO. You wanna join us for gathering on 16oct?
happy.gif

cla
glad that you can come! dont worry.. my gal sama sama one so I can understand... I more worry she not used to seeing so many people and go wah wah wah that day! hahaha
crazy.gif

cclare
you coming hor? I'm very scared of mgt reporting.. last time at group hr gotta consolidate, headache cos got to wait for ppl's reports, they delay abit means I would delay alot.. and reporting style could keep changing!

bbgal,
Sorry can't make it on weekends cos Sat afternoons all packed. Also, husband not in town so difficult to bring Titus out. Only go out with him when my mum comes along. I have never gone out with him alone. Can't handle him. I'm a useless mummy.

Cla,
We have 2 fridges at home. Didn't specially buy for storing milk. We already had them before Titus was born. One fridge is for raw food. The other is solely for ice-cream, fruits. Titus has already usurped one entire freezer. Now, we even have to store some milk in the other freezer.

helena
ok, hope next gathering you can make it.. maybe next one can consider other days. Dont say you useless mom leh.. just need to give it a start and you will get use to it..practice makes perfect
happy.gif
me is environmental trained/forced to survive with bb alone outside.. else I'll have to rot at home, no need to go out liow.. at least you go out to work.

hi mommies
just to check, how far is your bb's development? I read a milestones from fisherprice, bb at 7MO may begin to pull body up to a standing position! can your bb do that?

gosh, my gal still cant sit without support... also cant crawl on fours, let alone pull body up to a standing position! Is she too slow?

bbgal,
Ryan can pull himself up to a standing position for a while.. now..however must be very careful coz he likes " skydiving" backwards..then kena knock here and there.. he enjoys "free fall" too much.. I think you don't need to be too worried about the bb's development some take longer than others. Ryan will use the cot railings or bedhead or even climb on you when u are sitting down to a standing position but we don't let him stand too long as his legs are not that sturdy yet and don't want him to get bow legged.

hi bbgal,

don worry lah, every bb's development are different, some slower and some faster, heard that bb boy tends to be faster in movements as they are stronger.
happy.gif

Matt can hold himself to stand already, either holding on to the table or in his bb cot, holding on to the rail. There's even once he tried to hold on the sofa and lost his balance, in the end fell n cry!
sad.gif

There's one nite i dreamt that he can stand on his own, from sitting position! ha.. think too much liao...
crazy.gif

Hi ruffy/cla
I was worried cos my aunt commented that she's quite slow loh... she has 2 sons... so maybe she also compared to boys then maybe thats why she thinks it slower... okie... I noticed today that her back is slightly straighter.. at least now not so worried..

btw since they can stand in the cot, have you lowered the mattress to the lowest? Does it mean once they can pull themselves up, we need to lower it? Is it very inconvenient that way, like when you put bb down to sleep, gotta bend very low?

ruffy
I also tried 'free fall' on my gal, she likes it and was laughing.. my gal still trying to pull herself up using the railings... but cant do it.. still on her tummy and just looking up... what is bow legged? how does it look like and how to tell if bb has it?

Hi cla
Matt's legs are quite strong hor! quite dangerous when they just started to stand, so gotta watch over them often now... he's ok now right?

hee I also dreamt of my gal before.. forgot what was it abt... but its something to do with her development as well.. hahaha.. too stressed..

bbgal,

cannot attend the gathering liao! Ryan's jab on 16 Oct.

my Ryan also same, cannot pull himself to standing position. He can sit without support for a few seconds, then he will tilt to one side and 'crash' down.
Every baby's development is different. So it's ok, don't have to worry too much. So long as they are eating well and growing, good enough.
My ryan's legs are actually very strong, he can jump and jump non-stop whenever we carry him at standing position. If you kena kick by him, very painful.

bbgal,
don let others affect u abt ur gal's growth. there are bb who are slow in their development. unless they are too far out from the guideline, else i think shd be ok lor... don worry, ok?

i suppose what u can do is to let ur gal grow on her own, don restrict her on what she wants to do... also don try to force her... they will learn eventually.
happy.gif

as for the bb cot, i onli lower another level downwards, when i realised he can hold to stand... now when he stand, onli his head is over the rail... and as usual, he likes to lick on the rail...
lame.gif

thanks for asking, Matt is ok... anyway, he tends to knock here knock there... he is abt the height of my coffee table when he sit up, will knock himself on his head when he got under the table n tried to move around... hahaha... just let him explore around lah... :p

bbgal/ruff,
when u said 'freefall', u mean holding them to stand n let go of hand? i did that a few times... funni to see their action but Matt won't do that himself when he hold himself to stand.

Cla,
freefall for Ryan is like those bungee jump backwards.. so v.dangerous. He likes falling front into swimming pool. like diving.. and we do it during swimming lesson.
I have lowered the cot to the last level coz when he stand up his head is up to bar at the top
and he can hold the top bar.
I only put him there when he is asleep during the day is in the playard. safer coz it is plastic.

cclare,
hee hee... same here... Matt also like to jump and jump like nobody biz, to show his excitement... and it hurts!
sad.gif

ruff,
i c... that's v dangerous! got to watch out for him, since he likes to do that.

btw, bought many things from KL?

cla,
Ya, I'm a SAHM

bbgal,
my boy is 'crawling' quite fast now. Learning how to sit up by himself now. He can also sit up unsupported for quite a while. My MIL don't like me and husband to hold my son by his armpit for him to stand (though my son loves it). She says that it will cause the legs to curve or something like that lah... Don't know if it's true. Anyway, we still do it when she's not around. :p

I'm not sure if I can make it on the 16 Oct cos I have a wedding dinner to attend on the 15th. Where's your place?

cla,
bought a few clothes for Ryan from Kl..didn't buy anything else ..spend more time eating
happy.gif
happy.gif

hubby may be going to au for training so will see if we can tag along

bbgal,
My Titus also cannot hold himseld to stand but I'm not worried cos different babies develop differently. Maybe your babe is faster than other babies in other areas. They will catch up. Do dun worry, ok?

helena,
ur supply still going strong? may i ask how much can u pump and how much can Titus drink per day? i am getting abt 650ml per day and Matt is drinking abt 600ml or less, so i hv some surplus and starting storing again. now getting worry that Matt may not like my milk...
sad.gif

ruff,
going to au? that's nice!
happy.gif

cclare
huh.. so you remembered the right date ah.. hope we get to meet next round then!

just now I let me gal sit without me holding her, I was surprised that she could sit quite straight liow.. yesterday she was still arching her back forward... at least now I abit relieved that her back can be straightened..

she's definitely eating well, greedy fellow, even drank as per normal when she was ill last week
crazy.gif

cla
thanks for your encouragement! think I was kind of affected by the dialet saying that bb sits by 7MO and crawls by 8MO... now that she's beginning to straighten her back, I'm more relieved.

my free fall is not totally let go of her.. just release my hands abit then catch her during the 'fall' backwards... not too much falling though..

I'm of the thinking that bb should learn through falls, of cos, cannot knock the head too often.. she also knocks here and there when I let her crawl on floor.. sometimes wonder how often is considered too much
crazy.gif

Think your cot is slightly different height.. mine is at the middle level and if my gal does stand, I think the bar is at her armpit level.. that's why I thought if she can stand, then I have to lower it... scare she will be able to lean out of it then.. but now still no need to lower yet.

ruffy
Did you manage to sign Ryan up for another swimming course? Have you collected his passport?

Mar_mum
Think my gal quite lazy.. still doesnt intend to sit up yet.. just crawling on tummy now..

My mil is opp of yours, she likes to hold her up at the armpit and make her bounce up and down, say will help to make her grow taller...
uhoh.gif
it's me who doesnt like to let her bounce that way cos of the impact on her knee with the bouncing... I think if its the bb him/herself jumps up and down still alright cos its natural.

My place is at lavender, above the mrt so quite convenient. Hope you can join us!
happy.gif

helena
my gal is faster in terms of her feed... hahaha.. think she's drinking quite alot.
crazy.gif

Hi bbgal,
have received ur email... sorrie, i hv to KIV 'cos Matt seem to be teething. He was fussing for the whole of yesterday, wan attention and wanted me to carry him. will cry when i put him down, make me so tired... This morning woke up at 2am and continued his fussing till 4am...

Now not sure if he will be ok to go ur house and also another birthday party...
sad.gif

my cot can adjust for 5 level, so far this is the 2nd time we adjusted... the 1st time was abt 3 mth ago, where he began to flip and we hv the tendency of leaving the cot open, so we adjusted one level lower so that he will not fall off... now already used to closing the cot but scared he will topple over, so adjust again.

Cla,
Matthew looks v.cute in the picture.. which studio was it taken from? Ryan also v.fussy during the day coz of teething problems..bought another 1/2 dozen bibs for him..coz he is now drooling so much and so grouchy..have given him some bb bites to eat and he loves the biscuit will happily hold the biscuit and feed himself.
I also apply the dentinox teething gel for him when it gets too unberable. He has 2 lower front teeth now.. dunno if the upper ones are comming out at the same time..coz can't see anything yet.
He is now busy learning how to walk sideways using he cot railings.

Back