(2004/03) March Mummy

B

bb

Hi,

Any mummies who have given birth in March 04? Care to share n exchange info abt our BB??

Mini,

What a coincidence
happy.gif
Another 1234 baby.... (120304)

I delivered at NUH
happy.gif

Hi Mini and Girl,

That great, my boy was born on 13 mar, that means they are actually a day difference...

Hi Mar_mum,

Who ur gynae?

Dose any of ur BB show signs of turning their body? My son now can already turns his head half way, only the body (waist) still cannot. think that he will turn soon in another 1 mth...

BB,

Wow, our babies born so close too
happy.gif

My girl can only turn from side to back but cannot flip yet.... She can hold her head up quite well now though....

Do you let your boy lie on his tummy?

BB,
my gynae was christopher chong. my son actually turned when he was 1 month (2-3 times) but after that no more.

Hi Girl,

Me still dun dare to let my boy hold his head, cos scared that it still soft..

No, cos worried anything might hapen...
How much milk is ur girl taking now?? How the interval?? Does she wale up at nite for feed??

Hi Mar_mum,

Me too delivered at KKH, but by Dr john Tee..
Heard that Dr Christoper Chong is gd rite?? So how do u find him??

BB,
Dr Chong is ok. I don't know how would you consider if a gynae is good, but I've no complaints about him.

You tried letting your boy lie on his tummy? Their neck actually quite strong now. My boy will hold his head up high for a long time, put down to rest for a while then up again.

BB,

I normally carry my girl upright cos she seems to like being held like a koala bear.... Now that she's starting to hold her head up, she doesn't let me put it against my chest....

I'm also worried about putting on tummy, but sometimes let her lie like that in the day, sleep seems to be sounder
happy.gif

She doesn't take much at one go... 100 ml, 2 hrly interval in the day.... She can go without a feed for about 5-6 hrs in the night, so sometimes still needs a night feed, dep on when her last feed was

Mar_mum,

Your baby started turning v early
happy.gif

Hi Mar_mum,

hehhe... cos me n hubby actually tot of getiing him fo rour 2nd BB.. hehe.. cos always c his queue quite long...

Ya, mayb can tried out whether his neck is strong. Cos yesterday when my mum was carrying him in the koala bear position, he is holding up his own head....

Hi Girl,

a, me too heard that they will tend to sleep more sound when put on tummy.

wow, that gd, that means sometime no nitefeed alos.. The longest my boy go without milk was abt 6 hrs, but only for a few time...

Btw, does all ur BB poo daily??

R u all going for the 4-in-one or 5-in-one injection?? By polyclinic or private??

BB,
You can opt to see Dr Chong with the Premier Package. More expensive than the Classic Package, but the waiting time is shorter. Appt only available on Wed evening though.

Girl,
I've been putting my boy to sleep on his tummy cos when he's on his back, wakes up very easily. The longest he can go without milk at night is only 4 hrs and that's only once :-(

He poo every other day. sometimes daily though dependin on my diet.

I took the 6-in-one for my boy

BB,

My girl tends not to cry for the night feed, she'll just start tossing a lot and biting her mittens... so in the end always end up waking to feed her....

She poos 1 to 2 times a day, but very big ones, haha....

Not decided about the injection yet leh.... Should be done during the 3 month check up? Will be going back to the NUH pediatrician for it...

Mar_mum,

I also find that sleep is better on the tummy, but also worried that something might happen to her....

What foods will affect your baby's poo frequency?

Hi ,

So both of u are still breastfeeding to ur BB?? So gd, me stopped when he is only 3 wks. So not much supply and also me lazy loh...

my boy now poo every 2-3 days...

me will be going for the 5-in-1...

Girl,
I haven't really confirm if certain food will affect my bb's poo cos I don't take the same food everyday. But it seems like if I take gassy drinks then he will have wind. That day had popian and his poo's colour and smell a bit different so I think it affects lor.

BB,
Yah! still breastfeeding cos that's the best. Will let my boy latch on to feed, that's why very tiring.

Both of you staying at home to look after bb full-time?

Girl,
my boy also like yours at night. he will also start tossing a lot though din cry yet. but i did wait to see if he will cry if i dun give him feed. indeed he cried.

I am also breastfeeding my boy n he poos every morning before bathing. sometimes poo so much till will leak out of pampers.

Mar_mum,
you stay at home to look after bb? i m still working n everyday have to pump milk twice in office. MIL helps to look after baby.

mini,
Yes! Looking after bb full-time cos din want to miss out on bb's growth. Hoping to get a home-based work though, otherwise when bb older then will perhaps give tuition.

BB,

Yup, still breastfeeding.... Guess I was motivated cos already bought the pump in style, so wanted to make full use of it
happy.gif

Mar_mum,

I agree... Sometimes latching on direct v tiring, cos she'll stop and start, stop and start....

Back to work since 3 wks ago, but now only working p/t, 3 days a wk.... Really need the extra time at home not just to bond, but also to rest
happy.gif

Mini,

So you wait till he really cries.... I think I should do that too, or else she'll think that milk comes from her hands when she sucks her mittens
happy.gif
but cannot sleep when she tosses leh...
How long does it take b4 your boy cries?

Talking about poo... My girl pooed in my lap yesterday when I was just about to put her in the bathtub....

Hi mummies,

My girl born on 17 Mar. Seems like all of your babies are able to hold their head firm when sleeping on tummy. I tried that on my girl too, but she can only hold up a bit, then have to rest for long while. But when holding her in upright position, she can hold her head off my chest. So, is she doing fine? or a bit slow in development?

Hi mini, quench and girl, glad to see you here, I just discover about this thread and like the idea of exchanging our babies development.

Girl,
didn't know that you are working part time, your company so good to let you work pt?

hi m_maro,

good to see you here.

wah my eyes very blue-black. can't wake up. working and taking care of baby in the night is really really tough

Hi ,

My boy turned yesterday. I did not saw it, my hubby did. He said my boy tried 3 times, and the third time, he succeeded.. He is not yet 3 mths... wonder if it is far to early...

mar_mum,
my boy taking 125ml each feed. in one day he has 6 feeds. wondering is it too little? how much ur bb is drinking? feel tat he is taking quite little but my MIL always feed him at 3-4hrs interval. when he fuss she will put him in sarong to rock until the next feed. he din cry when in sarong so not sure if he is really hungry or just fussy. when he sees me he will signal to want milk. lately he will talk the same thing to me n i noe he wants milk. when i m ard he keep asking for milk. its like latching on non-stop.

quench,
understand how tired is it to juggle between work and taking care of baby, somemore you are working hard to bf, there are s few times, i was so tired that have to skip expressing. And I always feel very exhausted after each pumping session. I have actually reduce the pumping now, think probably will stop soon since never see supply increase.
Who is atking care of your baby while you are at work?

Mar_mum/ mini
My gal drink about 100ml to 120ml, also 6 feed a day at 3-4hrs interval, but she is taking mostly fm now cause not much supply from me.
mini, you mean your boy talk to you and signal he want me? how? not by crying? that is really cute!!

BB
wow, your boy turn so early, I asked around, people said normally bb turn at 4-5 months. Your boy must be very strong and atheletic type!

maro,
my boy likes to talk. been talking alot daily when he is 10wks old. but do realise he likes to talk to male more than female. always talk non-stop when see daddy. since birth we can easily distinguish his cry/talk when he is hungry. he used to cry when hungry. but realised for whole of this wk he din really cry but will talk. mayb he is not very hungry yet. he will cry loud when v hungry. this wk my MIL told me he seem not satisfied even drink 125ml. guess have to give him more milk. either increase amt of milk in each feed or shorten the interval.

Hi m_maro,

ya,i too think he turned too fast... At first i tot it might be just his 'luck' to turn, but yesterday my mum said he turned again, with the help of his 'powerful' leg.. hehehe.. but he still cannot lift his head up, so he was crying out loud when he turned over.

Currently my boy is still taking 4 oz of milk, it is too little?? Actually quite hard for me to adjust it cos sometime he finish all the milk, but sometime not. That y now we normally give him go hungry then feed him, not like last time, once he cry for milk, we give...now we try to drag for abt 4 hrs then give..

m_maro,

I'm v thankful for the opportunity to work p/t...

quench,

I agree, working and looking after bb really quite tough.... I can feel a big diff in stress levels on days I'm at work and days where I'm off...

BB,

Wow, your boy quite fast.... My girl hasn't flipped yet....

Think my girl must be the smallest drinker here, she takes at most 100 ml, but 8 times a day

HELP!!!
My boy is drinking VERY little. His feeding interval used to be 1.5-2 hrs. This week, I started training him to 2.5-3.5 hrs. But seems like his intake never increase leh! Cos he usually latch on, I'm not sure how much he takes. But from bottle, he always stop at 60ml. I tried to give him the bottle again after he stop but he refused! What shall I do?

Hi mummies,

My boy was born on 13 March 2004 at TMC. Caesarian by Dr. Madeleine Tan (W. C Cheng & Associates).

BB, your bb is really fast-learner cos he can already turn. Mine can't turn yet though they were born on the same day.

Thanks, Girl, for inviting me to join this thread.

Hi mummies,

My boy have been refusing bottles for the past two days. He will cry and cry and refuse to drink, but when I latch him on, he will suck immediately. Any of you facing such a problem? I'm quite concern cos occasionally I'll leave my boy at my mum's place while I'm out attending to some things. What to do if he doesn't want to take from bottle?

Mar_mum,
i din face such a problem. the advice from other mums who faced the same problem is they try to change to anr brand of bottle n teat. mayb becoz they suddenly dun like the teat? if still dun work then must be due to they have special preference for breasts.

Hi Henela,

Both our boy borned on the same day!!!
happy.gif

Ya, me too very surprised that he turned so early.. Too early also no gd, must always look at him...
sad.gif

hi mummies,

i'm back. i was adapting to working life again.

hi bb,

ur bb is really fast. my gal only trying to swing herself to one side.

hi m_maro,

my mum is taking care of my gal.

Hi all,

I am also a March mummy! My girl was borned on 17 March at TMC. She is on total breasdfeeding and I latch her on all the time since birth. I tried switching her to bottles with my EBM since 8 weeks but failed.

Until now, she still refuses bottles. Headache... I called up the lactation consultant from TMC and she told me this is very common and suggested to me to use a syringe to feed her which I did... Very cham right.

I have lost all freedom because of this. Have to be by her side 24/7. She is also not gaining a lot of weight. I will only know her weight during her 3rd month check up...

Any of you are SAHM? How do you spend your time with your babies? Do you all play with her always or just leave her in the cot?

My baby cannot be left alone for more than 15mins. She will fuss and 'complain', wanting people to talk to her........ tried occupying her with toys. do you read to your babies, singing, etc??

hi mummies,
It has been a busy week at work, thanks god that there is somthing call weekend, so taht I still have sometime to pop in and say hi!

quench,
saw in the other thread that you took one day off work cause too tiring, hope you ahve regain your energy. Btw, i have stopped expressing, breast got engorged for 2 days, very painful, now is ok liao.

Pink
My girl borm same day as yours, she was borned in MAH, at 3.45am. Since your gal suck well and have been on tbf, why do you want to switch her to bottle?
When are you bringing your gal for 3rd month check up? I am bringing my ga for 2nd 6 in 1 jab on 26th. I think my gal weigh 5.5 kg now, she doesnt eat much. Let me know what is your gal weight.
I am working full time, I play, sing and talk to her at night if she not sleeping. I plan to flash word card to her when she turn 3 mths.

Pink,
I'm a SAHM. Ya, when he's awake, have to 'entertain' him. Can only leave him alone for a short while. However, I'm very happy during the times when I talk to him and he responds with his 'coos' and 'gaas'. we will be like having a conversation even though I don't know what he's trying to express. Besides talking to him, I'll sing and sometimes read stories to him. But of course, all these are sometimes quite tiring cos when he gets tired of 'talking', he'll want me to carry him and walk around.

m_maro,

My boy is also getting the 6-in-1 jab and I'm planning to bring him for his 2nd this week. However, I'm still a bit confused about this 6-in-1 jab. It is suppose to include Hep B right? which means the individual 2nd jab for Hep B is unneccessary?

hi m_maro,

it's been a long time since u dropped in. how did u make up ur mind to stop bf? im currently still trying to express but for the last 2 days i have only been able to express a few drops.
dunno how.....panic and also guilty

hi all,
my gal is on the traditional jabs coz didn't read up on the 6-in-1 jabs. how many times must u go for such jabs?

hi m-maro,
i too tried falshing maths dots cards to her but i can't do all 6 sessions only 3 sessions.. she has not started on the words cards though. right now, i am preparing the materials. hopefully can start when she turns 3 months.

what i mean is she doesn't want take take my breastmilk from bottle... guess what, yesterday i brought for infant massage. she seemed to enjoy it alot.

she is taking her 3rd month jab on 18 jun at the polyclinic.. will know her weight then. she was 3.1kg and 51cm when she was born so she look quite long. that was y she doens't look too chubby!!

mar_mum,
yeah, they like to coo. i always respond to her even i do not know what she is trying to say. but the more i respond, the more she loves to'talk'. thatz a good sign!

i read somewhere that it is always good to respond as that encourages them to 'talk' and eventually able to pick up vocal skills easily...

Hi All,

I just brought my son for his 1st 5-in-1 jab on monday. He weight 5.6 kg, and he is 3mth old. Wonder is it too light?? Does anyone give ur bb honey water?

BB,
Do NOT give your bb honey water now. Honey should not be given to babies younger than six months old as some may contain a bacterium that can cause infant botulism - a serious poisoning disorder. Even though you may hear from elders that last time they also give honey water, but to play safe, better not try.

Hi Mar_mum, BB

I read in one book that wrote that bb below 1 yr should not be given honey.

Hi Mar_mum, helpless mum,

Thks for the advice, guess i will not give him now, wait till he is bigger than i will give him. Actually i heard it from the paeditican..

To all, my boy was born on 28 Mar. Weighed him last week, he was 6.6 kg. Lookin at the feedback, he seems overweight. Will be taking his jab in a week plus. To prevent fever, intend to feed him rice water with 'pao seng'. My colleague tried and it worked. My mum also used it on my sis's gal.

Hi

My boy was born on the 28 Mar.This two days, he is having diarrhoea and he doesn't drink much.I've brought him to a GP. If he does not get well, I thought of sending him to a Pd. For young babies should go to a Pd or a GP is good enough?

Hi my boy was born on 10th March at TMc....Pink how are you doing....I been been rally "BUsy"

My boy now is now 6.8kg and is drinking 180ml (6 ounce)...every three or four hour interval...

I let him drink " glucose " cux he simply refused plain water...or " wood wood " water...so far no problem...

He only gets cranky when he wants to be carried and rock to sleep which takes about 10 mins...then he sleep thru

Nas

Back