(2003) Calling all 2003 babies

Hello,
I have not visited this thread for a very long time..

Our boy started P1 at Zhangde Primary School this year. Do any mums here have kids studying in that same school?

Hi Chua yen Ling, Thanks for your advice, i've actually tried Math Monkey and guess what, i think its really really good!!! They are having free trial class so i dropped by 3 weeks ago for that.
just wanted to share what i've seen there. basically they teach this method called ancient Vedic Math but in a game-based curriculum. they calculations are really fast and accurate, even from my point of view.
each class has 2 teachers and classroom is bright and lively, and my kid loved it.
they actually make the kids practise math using games instead of worksheets so the kids have fun and practise at the same time!!! its soemthing i've neve seen before, but i think its pretty cool.. i like the idea, and my kid loved it!!! kept saying wanna join.... so well.. i did! (extra $$$ gone!)

I think the best part about this is that my idea of tuition/enrichment class is that we parents force them to go.. but here... my child wants to attend the lesson! so its one less headache for me..!! =)

they are having some promotions as they are pretty new in the market so might be a good time to catch the offer!

do let me know if you want more info on them.

Hi Natellehcim,

from what i'm aware the branch at Eastgate building is their 1st centre in singapore and they opened recently.
you living faraway?
hopefully they can have one near my place so my child won't have to travel so far!!

i stay in Sembawang, so east coast is too far for me. My gal refuse to do revision or work, hope such interesting lessons can help her.
sad.gif

hi hi

I made enquiry on monkeymath too.. ya they only have a branch in East Coast. But they are looking at other place to branch out.

hi Natellehcim,
totally agreed that I can't wait for their other centres to open!!!
my kid doens't like those typical mudane teaching style and over at mathmonkey they use alot of handson and visuals to keep my kids' attention. i really recommend dat u should go take a look! altho for me the distance is a lil far, cos i take the weekend class and its like 3mins from parkway so i do my shopping while waiting! =)

Dear Chaye, did u go for their class alreadY? wats your thoughts on them? i haven't found anyone here who's taking class there too!

hi candy, they open on sundays? what is your timing like? By the way, how they charge for weekend classes? currently my girl is in Just Education, a brand nearby my place. her teacher nto bad but I doubt my girl enjoys the assessment type lessons.

candy

no no I have not gone there at all cos East is too far for us
sad.gif

I will have to wait patiently for them to open a branch in north. Dr Carol whom I spoke to says will contact me if they have a branch opening there
happy.gif

My girl is currently with Kent Ridge and it's totally assessment type. Practice, practice and practice.

Hi Natellehcim,

Yup they operate fully on weekends and my class is on weekend morning too!!
their charges are the same regardless weekday/weekend (phew!) their standard charges is $450/12lessons but they are havin promo and i signed up n paid $360 only =)

I suggest u can call them up for their free-trial class and u'd have a better feel..cos experience will beat any description i give u i think!

Hi Natellehcim,

Just a suggestion here, ur gal might be more willing to take charge of her own studies if she has a hand in planning time-table & also learns that there r consequences of not doing her work (e.g punishment fr teachers etc). There's a limit of how much parents can push fr behind & frankly speaking, i find it v tiring if i hv to do so on a daily basis.

Hi Candy,
Thank you for sharing the info on Math Monkey.
Well, east coast might not be very far from me(staying in hougang area), but I don't think I will sign up as my kids don't like travelling.

I tried to persuade my girl to go for maths tution, but she declined, saying why her brother (in P2) never go for Math tution and why must she.

So in the end, I have no choice but to continue coaching her myself. It's quite tiring since sometimes her concentration is not there. Well, for her brother, I just ask him to do at least 5 pages of assessment and he can complete without any help from me.

hi mummies,
Came across this thread so decided to join in.

Chua Yen Ling,
FYI, I am staying at hougang area also. I have a P1 boy and a P4 girl, both attending HIPS at hougang.

Mummies,
Need some advice. My girl hates math but my boy likes Math. My boy score 90+ for his Math tests at school from term 1 to term 3, but my girl, sigh... only border line. My boy has been attending abacus + mental for 1 year and his enjoys it very much. His mental is better than his sister. As for my girl, she has very short concentrateion and dislike studies. I even got her a 1-to-1 tuirion teacher for her math, but has no improvement, 2 tuition teachers have given up on her. Now I nned to look for 3rd one. She has been given me headache since she started primary school. I have tried every method to make my girl to be interested in Math but failed to do so. Any mummies have any good advice.

It's common that boys are more mathetically inclined than girls. I've a P1 girl & K1 boy. As expected, my boy enjoys & is better in Maths than my girl who drags Maths. Thank God that I discovered her weakness early & sent her to My Think Tank (in Bt Timah) & it did help to ignite some interests in her. Must find an enrichment centre that focus on mathematical tools to make them understand more easily with more fun. Group size must be small too. I'm not q in favor of 1-to-1 tuition as I think my girl's still v young & enjoys learning with friends. Also find that she excels better with some peer pressure..hee..hee...

Her Maths teacher suggested that I let her practise with the easier questions 1st, boost her confidence then give her the challenging ones. Must be generous with compliments as everyone loves praises. Always try to remind her about usefulness of Maths in daily lives to help her appreciate it more & make it more personal.

hi CP,
Thanks for sharing your info. As for my girl, I had tried the group lesson before, smaller group like 2-4. But unfortunately she did not enjoy the group tuition. Therefore, I tried coaching her myself, but due to my busy work schedule, and sometime I need to travel(business trip), I have little time to coach her. Therefore, I have no choice to but get her a 1-to-1 tuition. But 1-to-1 also does not help her much, she has very little improvement.

Hi Cath,
I m coaching My P1 boy myself too. Quite hands-off as just need to clarify certain concepts if he is not too sure. Think P1 work is still v simple lah.

As u had coached her b4, u'll know her weaknesses rt? Perhaps hv to get a tutor who can focus on those & stengthen her concepts, or even go back to the foundations during hols, rather than drilling her w more assignments? But not easy to find a good tutor. On the other hand, like CP's suggestion, praise her esp on her strength to motivate her to study more?
I always think attitude is a v important factor in learning.

Hi, I am a new member and dropping by to say Hi. My boy is in P1 and girl in Nursery.

My boy loves Maths too and currently doing ok in school. (Only tends to be careless)
happy.gif

I have more difficulty coaching my girl who seems to have lesser attention span. Her memory is not as well as her brother too. But her art is definitely better than her brother.
happy.gif
Not sure if this is the case for girls?

Hi..I am a single mum of 2 gals age 4 & 6. Residing in Tampines St 32. One is studying in Pri 1 @ Qiaonan Primary School while the other is in Cherie Hearts Nursery Level. I am working full time as a CSO & doing my own part time Home Massage for Ladies only. Do support me or call me at 83758056 for more queries on my massage. Thanks lovely ladies!!!

Hello Jacky,

Our boy is attending Zhangde Primary School and he shall be in P2 next year.
He was in I Iris this year..how about your boy? For all we know, our boys may have already gotten to know one another
happy.gif

Am pretty glad to finally get to know a parent whose child attends same school.

So are you in Parent Support? Where do you live?

Hope you do not mind me asking Jacky, but you mentioned you have not visited this thread for a very long time? I noticed you only registered with SMH this November, so did you by chance go by another nick previously?

Hi all,
I need some support for the following PA courses as my girl has registered for these PA holiday courses...but it seems that the CC has little response. Hope the courses will have more registrations that so that the course can be held.

Thanks for your support.

Summerville's The Elves & The Shoemaker (Age 5-9yrs) AT Jurong Spring CC
http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=ACMParticipantMaintain&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&IdProdInst=15918963&CWT=

IKIDS Super Cool Magic Workshop at Nanyang CC (7-10 Yrs old)
http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=ACMParticipantMaintain&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&IdProdInst=16054073&CWT=

second that ... ! she spammed the yr 2002 thread too...
sad.gif
PLS DO NOT SPAM these threads!

Maybe send to these threads are FOC but Bulk Purchase she need to pay! LOL

I agree with you LOL! Yet she will continue w this tactic becos "monkey see monkey do", as one spammer said to me, eventho this other person understood the rules "perfectly"
sad.gif

Hi,

Check out the giveaway at http://parentimes.com!

I am giving away a brand new Let's Rock Elmo (retails at $129.90). This elmo is latest addition in elmo collection and can sing and play instruments. Hop over to parentimes.com, leave a comment and you may be the lucky one to receive the giveaway
happy.gif

Hi
Any parents here have kids studying in Zhangde Pri School in p3?

How about parents whose kids may be studying in Queenstown Pri?

Dear all

I am not sure where to put up this. I am looking for another 2 children to join my gal in next year primary 3 maths enrichment/tuition by a current primary school teacher on Monday 3pm slot for NEXT YEAR 2012. Per hour is $25 and each time is 2 hours for once a week on every MONDAY at 3pm. ONE HOUR FOR MATHS AND ONE HOUR FOR SCIENCE. We are keeping to 3-4 children so that the teacher can concentrate teaching the kids. Quiz, teaching of new topics and competition etc will be included during lesson times to make lesson alife and interest for the kids. I am hoping to find another 2 children so that this class can start. But in Nov/Dec the teacher is also keen to start with some basics of primary 3 maths/science to go easy first.

If anyone of you is keen and has a child in primary 3 NEXT YEAR and stay near SEMBAWANG/CANBERRA, pls pm me. The venue will be in the teacher's house in canberra road.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE KEEN, THANKS...as I am hoping to start a class else jus one student can't start, many thanks!

Hi All Experience Mum,

Any one out there has any good recommendation for
P3 worksheets - Maths, Science & English.

My DD is rather weak in her English Composition,
any recommendation on creative writing worksheet
available?

Any input on the above is really much appreciated.
Thank you

my nephew is p2 this yr going to p3 next yr.. i realise that he tend to lie and refuse to admit his wrongdoings.. how can i make him admit his wrongdoings?

Example.. we received a letter from the police stating that there is 3 silent/prank call to "999" from my house number.. during that time and date stated on the letter..only my dad and my nephew is at home.. it is very obvious who is the caller but my nephew refuse to admit.. anyone has any suggestions?

Jazzie,
My gal will be in P3 next week. She is with the Ms Sim Learning center to learn creating writing since P2. Its at Tampines. You may check through her internet. I found that my gal English has improved in P2.

Dear Austin,
Pls do not spam this thread

Ref
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353638/353638.html

With indication as written by the smh forum moderators/owners

Non-business threads only. Section is strictly setup for discussions.
Please take note that the followings are not allowed;

Any form of selling
Exchanging items for vouchers
Referral Marketing
Advertising
Test Response threads
Spamming
Flamming
Topic names starting with characters like "*,!,#", numbers or deem to be a deliberate attempt to place the topic at the top of the category

Thank you!

Hi all,

I havent come into this thread for a long long time & is glad that it is still active. A happy CNY to all mummies =)

Hello!

My first visit here, not sure where to go, registered here hoping to meet other mummies with P3 and P6 kids like me.

Tons of questions but not sure who to share with.

Have a good day, all mummies.

Hello Jennifer
Welcome to this thread
happy.gif

I have a boy in P3 and attending Zhangde Pri Sch. The Sch is located along Jln Membina, which is about a 15min casual walk from/to our home.

How about you, where do your kids school?

Come and share what you wanna ask or if you're more comfortable, you could forward a PM.

Have a great day!

Hello Miracle,

Thank you for the welcome message.

My boys are in Unity Primary School, P3 and P6. I am worried as they don't seem to be doing well in their studies especially the P6's.

I tried one-to-one tutor, doesn't work. Tuition center don't seem to work as his result don't seem to be improving...

I am searching for solution...

Sorry for the rant...

Jennifer.

I need a Foreign Nanny/Baby sitter or House keeper and a Driver

I Want to Employ the Services of a Nanny/Housekeeper at My Home in England, Nice friendly family of 4 looking for a Nanny.

We have 2 wonderful boys and a girl– 8 months, 2 and 5 years old and the ideal candidate should be a positive role-model

for them. If you are fun, energetic, kind, caring, organized, reliable, detail-oriented, athletic, cheerful, and smart and

love children, then we would love to talk to you!

Position involves traveling with our family including some international travel (4 to 7 weeks a year) as well as travel

within the UK. We pay all travel expenses. This is a good opportunity for someone who likes to travel or is interested in

traveling. Destinations include Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean.

The work schedule varies based on travel, school schedule, holidays, and other activities – day and evening, both weekends

and weekdays. While caring for the children is the primary responsibility, there will be light housekeeping (there is a

full-time housekeeper 5 days a week), meal prep, errands (in provided car), and other household assistance. We are looking

for someone who is able to make a minimum 24 month commitment.

We offer a great salary 600 Pounds Sterling Weekly, health-care insurance, paid vacation, 401K (after 6 months), private,

furnished apartment over the garage with separate entrance. If you are interested, you should contact me via my email

address: [email protected], with your C.V or resume.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi My first visit here too.
My gal is P3 this year.
Maybe we can share some info on their emotion and education.Since nowadays kids are quite adult-like when comes to feeling but their brain still work like a little child when it comes to work. Althought I'm 31 this year (consider no age gap with my child) and my gal will tell me how she feel and like, dislike as we communicate a lot.
But sometimes she is quite a handful when it come to education as she does not like studying especially this year. It somehow makes me feel that she is study-rebellious.
Not sure does anyone feels the same as me?

Hello everybody!
happy.gif

My son will be in P4 next year and wondering if any of your kids have used the Math assessment book entitled, VisibleMath: Get Me Thinking..?

hi Jennifer

I am so so sorry I never checked back for your reply until just now when I posted a question.

So how did your boys do ? I hope all is ok
happy.gif

I wanted to PM but couldn't because your profile account did not allow it.

Take care!

Hi Vamiga
Pardon me but I must correct you so please do not be offended and I am not at all
happy.gif

You'll be talking to the wrong baby, if you are writing to miracle bb
happy.gif

So...do you know how this assessment book looks like? Have used it before or next year will be first time? I heard it cost about $13.

My son will be in P4 next year and I cannot pick-up books until mid-December as dates given by school for students on MOE FAS.

Thanks
miracle bebe

Back