(2003/06) Any June-August 2003 babies?

Hi Miso,

Nice to meet you too. My on is born on 5th July. Now he's 17 mths plus.

Has your son started to babble words already?

Hi starlite, he has started lor...but not v. good lor, only knows mak mak (grandma), mimi, daddy, dog dog, bird bird, wet wet, pls, cheese, spoon, bowl, mum mum, .. to name a few la... some words starting with G, he not good yet..like gor gor, gugu, gong gong...he will say it with D instead... how abt urs?

Mine only know how to call "ma ma"(refering to my mil) but then again, he calls everyone that when being ask to call.

That is worrying me a little. At least yours know so many words already.

Mine don't seem very keen to talk still. Only this few days when we try to teach him, he will look with interest at our mouth when we are prounoucing the words but he only say it when we are not looking at him.

By 18 mth, bb should know at least 20 words loh..sigh...really don't know how.

Hi starlite, dun worry, some bbs are fast learner and some are slower. It's perfectly alright la..maybe his motor skill is faster than speech? Mine is lor...started to walk arnd 14mths..but speech wise is a bit laid back..unlike a friend of mine whose bb is slightly younger but know tons of words oredi!!

He is only 17 mos..give him more time..

hi, my son is born inAug 2003.
Up till now he can only say mum mum (eat) and whenever we teach him any new words or ask him to call anyone, he will just walk away.
Abit worrying and thinking of bringing him to the doctor.

Hi hook, i think there is no cause to worry..diff babies will develop differently. Some will develop motor skills faster than speech..and vice versa.

Hi all,

My son is also borned in July 03. I'm thinking of enrolling him in half day childcare cos i heard that they can learn alot when they mixed around and also gather new skills like learning how to feed themselves, language, social skills, etc.

Joey, where do u stay? Does your gal know how to talk in sentence and answer simple questions?

Hi all,

Ds is born in June 03' and am putting him in full day childcare on this coming 16th. Good luck to me! hahaha....

Hi all,

My gai is born Aug 03. She's super active, very talkative & has a fantastic memory. She talks non-stop from the time she wakes up to to her next nap-time, if there's any.. haha!

Hi hook,

My daughter is 26 months old, and has just started talking in the last few months. She did not babble at all when she was a baby and started to say the sounds ma ma only at 14 months. Dada only 2 months ago. now she can speak in sentences. we were very worried and suspected she has a oral motor problem called dyspraxia. she's been seeing a speech therapist for 6 months now and she has really come along in leaps and bounds. of course children all develop differently, but if there really is a problem, early intervention helps the child the best.

I think that what's impt is not the number of words they can say, but the sounds they can make, the amount of babbling, and the presence of other oral motor skills such as blowing bubbles, kisses, licking ice cream, sticking tongue out, clicking tongue on roof of mouth, etc. my DD could not do these things at all at 2 years, these are things that 6 months old babies do!

Hi all

My son is born on late June 2003. I enrolled him in full day play school, and found that he improved alot in terms of everything. Now he can talk in sentences, and knows his numbers from 1-10 and A-E.

Before going to school, he does not talk at all and was asked by the doctor to see a speech therapist.

Hi Sharon,

That's really good news. I bet your boy is talking nonstop nowadays. Sometimes, kids just don't talk like we expected, and we get so worried.

My son is abt your boy's age. He's born in late May 2003.

Hi all ,

i m looking for this doctor , Dr Lee Seow Lang , from CHYE CHILDREN CLINIC ... previous add of her clinic is at Toa payoh Blk 54 , but she moved already ... any one know where is she now ? pls email / PM me : [email protected]

thank

hi all mummies,
can i join this thread? i'm a SAHM with 3 kids - dd (born in 06/2006) & ds (born in 10/2004, 08/2006).

sorry. dun hv time to read thru' the previous postings ;-P

Anyone keen in ballet class for 3 to 4.5 years old kids? I send my girl for trial class last Saturday. She likes the dancing class. However, the class was full.

The teacher said she could open a new class as long as there are 5 kids? I prefer Monday 6pm class. Any of you would like to join?

There will be additional discount up to 15% for chicky club member, we can talk about that once we get 5 to start the class.

Following is more information on the school.

http://www.dancepointe.com.sg/

If you are keen, can you please email me soon at [email protected]. Please let me know your respond soon, as I would really like to start the class soonest as possible, as she is really looking forward for the class.

I need some advice too. My P1 girl started going Student Care in Jan10 and was fine till she was down with fever from 23/04 to 30/04/10 and staying at home for the whole week. And from then she cried everyday in the student care and just refuse to go there, but school was fine. When we asked her she claims the teacher and friends always scold her for no reason. But when I check with the SC teacher, she said no such things. Should I trust my girl? Things turn worst this week, my girl started to run away from the centre and even claim that she'll do anything just not to go SC, even getting herself landed in Hospital. I desperately need advise from mothers out there and I'm at a lost as to what to do already.

Oh dear...Connie, your daughter really seems v unhappy there. Perhaps change to another student care centre will help?

Hi..I am a single mum of 2 gals age 4 & 6. Residing in Tampines St 32. One is studying in Pri 1 @ Qiaonan Primary School while the other is in Cherie Hearts Nursery Level. I am working full time as a CSO & doing my own part time Home Massage for Ladies only. Do support me or call me at 83758056 for more queries on my massage. Thanks lovely ladies!!!

Back