(2001) calling all 2001 babies

Hi Jessie, Olwen, spanielpups,

May I check with all mummies here, does your kid still drinking powder milk or fresh milk? He's choosy on food so intake calcium is limited. I wonder whether to buy fresh milk or those powder milk to increase his calcium intake each day.

CP Jab:
My son didn't go for the CP jab as I heard that there's side-effect aft the jab. But so far, he hasn't got it but I agreed with Jessie said, its good that they got it during their young age.

Hi Jessie,

Congrats, his science got it 100 marks! I think quite no of boys do like Science and my boy is one of them. Does your boy feeling fussy when he's having CP? Did he leave any scar behind? I remembered I got CP when I was 14 yrs old, it was so itchy and scratch it therefore, left a scar on my stomach
sad.gif

spanielpups,

Hahah, is fated that you boy cannot take the CP jab and must got it naturally. It's good that he got it at age 2 so that he won't suffer when he gets older. Yap, I'm talking abt comprehension. Beginning stage my boy ans is short and sharp. So whenever he do compreh. I always tell him to ans in full sentence and highlight those words that easy to find ans. To get him to focus I set a rule that each compreh cannot make more than 2 mistakes. If he has more than 2 mistakes, I'll punish him by asking him to do one more compreh. till his mistakes minimize.

Olwen,

Hahah!! I'm also waiting for my boy to 'kai qiao'. I agreed with Jessie said, doesn't mean the 3 siblings will follows gor gor. Must remember each child hv diff development & capability. Perhaps gor gor not ready yet but once he's ready, it could be surprised you leh!!!
happy.gif

Hi Jess

My son disliked milk, so when he was 3, he refused to drink it and I have to force fed him till age of 5. Now, I gave him calcium in liquid form on top of his vitamins.

Also, for CP, he didn't get it full blown, just a little dot here and there. Initially, we have no idea it was CP, my husband thought the blister under the chin was pimple so went to squeeze it...and now got scar there... haha.

Hi Fion,

My boy still drink powder milk. He loves it. Everyday must have one cup in the morning before school. Similar as your boy he is also choosy on food. So I use milk to add as his supplements with all the vitimins and minerals contained in it.

You have mistaken, my boy did not get 100 marks for his science. His classmates got it but we don't know who and how many are there. It was stated in his report book that the maximum score in their class for science is 100.

At first he or infact we thought it was mosquito bite on his forehead and neck because that day he went on an outing to a park organised by the student care centre. He actually broke the one on his forehead and neck. During the outbreak period, he was given medication and application for the itchness. I have to keep reminding him not to scratch although I know is not easy to tahan itch. His "dou dou" were usually on his body and back. A few on his hand, leg and face. So far all the marks have gone except the one on his forehead. Not sure it will leave a scar. Just keep my finger crossed.

I got CP when I was 20 plus. Not a very serious type only a dot on my face and a few on my body. I remembered I took a kind of expensive medicine (around S$400) then as usual on mc. For 4 months I was band to eat this and that and I'm doing it the same to my boy now. As mention earlier, he is choosy with food. So this time is really hard on him
sad.gif

Looks like I have to follow your pattern to teach my boy how to answer his comprehension. Really headache how to make him understand. His marks majority are lost on his composition and comprehension.

Hi Mummies,

Have been MIA for a while.

Fion, I give my daughter a glass of fresh milk every morning and yoghurt in the afternoon.

Olwen, my no 1 and 2 are also 7years apart
happy.gif

Jessie, hope your son will hv speedy recovery from CP.

jess: my mum has been bringing my kai to our family doctor (GP) since K1. she hates our PD.
happy.gif

wah, ur boy is v tough. not gone to doctor for long time. my kai also hasn't been to c western doctor for long time but we bring him to the chinese physician. slower but makes him healthier in the long run.

fion, jess: hope u r both right lor.

spanielpups, jess, fion: my kai also drinks powdered milk in the morning & fresh milk in the afternoon. i think milk is v important. my mum didn't give me much milk as a child & tho my dad is v tall, i'm not, abt 20 cm shorter than him. fion, u shd frighten M tt he will be short & ugly if he doesn't drink enough milk. haha!

hi cj_mum! so fun. we shd have a play date one day. which month is your tod born in? mine is Oct 2008.

Olwen,
My toddler was born in Dec. Do you intend to send your toddler to pre-nursery next year? I have not decided since she's still so young...

JE: mine r going to flower road catholic kindergarten next yr. registered them in mar already. my kai also went there. just playgroup. they will go to childcare in K1.

where do u live? i'm in serangoon. wld u like to bring ur kids to my place for play date? both big & small will have frens to play w.

Hi Jessie, Olwen, spanielpups, JE.

Jessie/Olwen: Which brand of powder milk you are giving him as too many brand in the market do not know which one is the best?

JE: Welcome back
happy.gif
Where are you? I remembered you still hv one more kid which born in 2001 is it? Now the elder is studying in Singapore or overseas?

Olwen: Hahah, good idea hor... should scare him if he doesn't drink enough milk.
happy.gif
M can't take milk/food in the morning, he always complain stomach pain whenever he has his breakfast or milo. Don't know what happen to him. I think he has a sensitive stomach. I can only give him milk in the aftn or evening
sad.gif

Wow... so fast hor, they are in playgroup next yr! Your mom can take 1.5hrs break when they go to sch
happy.gif

spanielpups: Don't mind can shares which brand of calcium in liquid form on top of his vitamins? Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Fion, Olwen, Spanielpups and JE,

JE: Welcome back! My boy has recovered from CP. Guess there will be a scar on his forehead cos he broke it thought it was mosquito bite
sad.gif
Now restrict him to eat those food that old people said must band for 100 days.

Olwen: if those minor sickness like running nose or slight fever I will just act as doctor and feed him some medicine which I alway standby in my fridge. Feel troublesome to go and see his PD cos his consultation hour only a few hours a day and sometime no night clinic. Plus the long queue and $ need to spend
sad.gif

Fion: When my boy starts to pick on food, I put him on Pediasure. He likes it so much that he don't allow us to change brand although other brand of milk powder cost cheaper. Lucky one day once only or else my pocket will have bigger hole
sad.gif

Do notice some kids don't take breakfast. Wondering they can tahan or not??? Don't your boy feel hungry in the middle of the class without breakfast?

Spanielpups: Share with us what brand of calcium in liquid form you have given to your boy.

Hi Mummies,

Fion,
We're in Australia now cos DH was posted here. I have 2 girls, 9 yrs old and 19mths old.

Jessie,
Glad that your son has recovered
happy.gif

fion: alamak. how can he go without food in the morning? my husband insists kai eats one slice of bread plus his cup of milk in the morning. he makes nespray w milo for kai.

yup. playgroup finally. & it's longer than during kai's time. 3 hrs. she can do many many sudoku puzzles during tt time.

btw, i'm not sure about what spanielpups gives but i know childlife has a liquid calcium tt supposedly tastes quite nice. never tried it b4 but i buy childlife multi vit & childlife colostrum for my kids. don't buy from gnc, it's over priced. order online from iherb.com. it's much cheaper.

jess: pediasure is ex all right. my kai likes fresh milk a lot. but can't take tt in the morning cos too cold.

actually u r right tt we shd not bring them to the doctor for every little thing. cos they r so big already. it's better to give small doses of medicine & let them recover from it themselves. builds up their immunity. problem is if they need MC.

JE: wow, lucky family. oz is a great place to bring up ur kids. they must be so happy. how long will u b there?

Hi Jess, Fion, Olwen,

The calcium liquid vitamins brand is Floradix Saludynam Liquid Calcium Magnesium Zinc Formula. My boss bought a bottle for my son to try out and I have been using it since. I bgt it at VitaKids at United Square.

Hi Jessie, Olwen, JE

Yesterday, I just received his CA2 exams timetable and list of topics going to be tested. Sigh starting on the 23/8 till 26/8. Sigh... feeling lazy and tired, no energy to revise with him
sad.gif

Jessie/Olwen: My boy whenever he takes breakfast in the morning, definitely he'll feel stomach pain but I still give him light breakfast. Usually are bread or small bun goes with Milo but he still can't finish it
sad.gif

Jessie: Sometimes he feels hungry and he'll eat more during recess time but sometimes he don't
sad.gif
I should buy Pediasure for him! Hopefully can change his appetite
happy.gif

JE: Wow... great to stay in Australia! Your elder gal study Int'l Sch in Australia? You gonna to miss Australia lifestyle since you coming back by year end.

HI Fion and all mommies

Wow, CA2 is round the corner again. My son's sch doesn't have CA2 but they have CA1. The CA2 part is actually the IPW. It's some project work done using the computer. I think they were working on videos of how a bean sprout, etc...aiya..I really lost touch with school. During my school days things aren't so complicated. I think schools are training our next generation to be President Scholar or what!!

Olwen/Fion,
We could stay longer but I prefer to let my kids have their education in Spore first. I send my dd1 to local public school. Ya, we'll surely miss our stay here.

JE: hmmm, if i had only daughters & the chance to go oz, i won't come back. my fren w twin daughters has migrated there end of last year already.

Hi Olwen/spanielpups,

Phew... I'm super stress these few weeks, finally CAs over!!! So envy both of you, NO CAs exams!! But very soon.... SA2 will be on the way, sigh round the year like this... I'm going to be crazy liao!
sad.gif

Olwen: Thanks for the website
happy.gif
How's your Kai doing in sch & your 3 littles ones? Did you rec'd any consent form abt the P3 GEP exams?

Hi JE,
Yap, I'm agreed with you. Although round the yr very stressful but I still prefer they have their education in S'pore
happy.gif

fion: great to hear from u. no wonder thread so quiet. mummies all busy coaching for CA. only lousy mummy me didn't do tt. my husband booked a trip for kai, himself & me to beijing end of the year. it's our 10th wedding anniversary. so i'm finally going on holiday after 3 yrs.

wow, so M made it thru the first round? kai sat for the first round on 20 Aug, i think. he came home & said "so difficult."
happy.gif

Hi Olwen,

Wow... your hubby so romantic leh!! Going to Beijing to celebrate 10th yr anniversary!! So envy... Do enjoy your trip!!
happy.gif
Sigh, I'm still waiting, waiting and waiting
sad.gif

Pls don't say that, you're not a lousy mummy. You hv 3 little ones to take care, moreover Kai grown up and I'm sure he knows how to take care his own studies
happy.gif

I'm not sure whether he will make it thru the 1st round but he also said "mummy very difficult leh"! I think we should know the result, hahah!! But never mind if he can't make it, my main purpose is, I want him to expose those qns that they tested for those super genius kids so that he has no complain for his sch exam papers.
happy.gif
heehee, bad mummy hor!!

hi Fion!

romantic? w 9 yr old boy tagging along? haha.

donch worry. ur trip wil come. at least ur kids r much easier to look after now than my tods.

this gifted thing is only for those parents who r really keen on their kids in getting in & send them for special coaching. in fact, i went for maths workship @ kai's school on saturday & the teachers there discourage us parents from doing that. seems they don't really want kids to transfer out from their school to gifted school
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

How's everyone?

Hi Olwen, your hubby really pamper you leh. Bring you to Beijing to celebrate your anniversary. Envy envy! Mine don't know when??? Haiz....

Hi Fion & Olwen, my boy took his GEP last Fri. Also came back and told me "very difficult leh! P4 & P5 standard you know!" He ask me if he can't get into GEP how. I told him even if he can get in I will have to consider whether to let him in or not because I know it will be tough. So he said: "Then mummy, is it alright that I stay in the best class like now?" Of course lah! I'm more than happy if he can stay put in the same class. Just have to depend on his result by end of the year
happy.gif

Dear mummies, have a very gd Secondary English tutor to recommend based at Thomson CC. Can call 6252 9731. He was former English HOD and still currently teaching.

jess: wow, ur son is in the best class? think for my kai, tt will only happen in my dreams.

poor chap, he's v miserable now. got hfmd from his bro. in fact, all 4 caught it starting with the younger one. big boy got it the worst of all. perhaps fortunate tt it's hols but it means he didn't get to enjoy himself at all.

Hi Olwen, I never expect he gets into this class. Was very surprised when saw it was written on his report book. It's very tough. All the tops are here and the teachers expectation is high. Their hw are more than others. Been very stress with it.

Wow, all four caught it. You must be damn tiring. Have they recover already? I suspect boy also has HFMD. Been fever for 2 days. Saw a few dots on his palm. Must bring him to see doctor. Will there be cream to apply on the rash?

ouch jes. i hope it is not tt for ur boy. but he has no younger siblings, how to catch it?

yes, mine r all well already, thanks. take care!

Hi Jessie/Olwen,

Sigh, very fast hor... SA2 is on the way... have you start to get prepare? Me, just get over the CA2. Now I'm feeling tired & don't think I hv the energy to start my engine
sad.gif

Olwen: Hahah! I'm still envy envy you!!
happy.gif
Hope I won't hv to wait that long...
sad.gif
How's your job? So far so good?

Jessie: Wow... your son in 1st class!!! That's not easy leh!! Feel proud for you and your son, jia you, keep it up!!
happy.gif

Gifted progm: me too, I don't really want him to go if my son really selected. I just want him to enjoy life and study smart.
happy.gif

Hi Fion, Jessie , Olwen

Yes, SA2 is coming very stressed for mommies, luckily DS school only has CA1 and IPW.

I must be the odd one out. I didn't let my son take the GEP Test.

Olwen and Jessie, hope your kids recovered soon too.

hi fion: u telling me, kai's SA starts on 5 oct! my job... here for almost 1 yr. time really passes so fast.

spanielpups: long time no c! thanks, my kids r well already. kai's still peeling the dead skin off his feet tho :p

Hi Olwen,

Wow... that's fast! Kai left 2 weeks from now to revise his exams! Their exams are getting more and more challenging and difficult, U and Kai got to "Jia You"!
happy.gif
M's exams timetable hasn't release yet, I think should be on the way too... ;(

Huh!! Very fast hor... your job almost 1 yr liao... Can see that u like this current job more than previous one, heehee, so far no complain from u,
happy.gif

Hi spanielpups,

Never see you log on to this forum so often! How are you? Ya, SA2 is coming, very stressed...
sad.gif
Some schools start their CAs and SAs P4 onwards. How abt your DS sch? Or they do not hv CA2 all the way to P6?

Hi Mommies,

Been bz with work during daytime and nighttime also bz with schoolwork! haha. I tell you the Math problem sum sometimes is a challenge to me. Sometimes it makes me wonder how on earth can I not even able to answer a p3 math question. There are time it was because the question was set wrongly.. and causing me "CONFUSION"!

Fion: For DS, I am not sure about CA2 for p4 to p6 onwards. I just wish they can get rid of the CAs and just have SA1 AND SA2. This year CA1 is so near to CNY.. very little time to prepare.

My son's oral & LC starts on 7th OCt onwards and SA2 papers is last week of OCt till 1st Nov.

Hi Olwen, Fion & Spanielpups,

Not only my boy got the HFMD, I also got it from him
sad.gif
Now still on mc. The feeling is so terrible. I have lots of blisters on my palm and legs. Now they are starting to peel.

Hi Olwen: Not sure where he got it. Could be at the student care centre.

Hi Fion: Like I said its not easy to be in this class. Very competitive. Parents all very kiasu. Stress!

Hi Spanielpups: My boy has recovered. I'm now suffering
sad.gif
Haha... I also have the same problem with you. My maths is lousy. So whenever I see those Math's problem sum I will start to scratch my head. Sometime still need my boy to teach me how to solve the problem
happy.gif

My boy's oral starting next week. SA2 1st paper will start on 11 Oct. This year seems to be very fast. Just settle down with CA2 now come the SA2.

Mummies, start your engine. Jia you!

Hi spanielpups/Jessie,

Wow... looks like everyone has the SAs timetable except me. Me too, I'm not very good in maths so usually I will ask him to look for my husband for help heehee,
happy.gif

Jessie: Oh dear, must be very painful when you drink or eat. Any medicine prescribe fr the doc? Do drink lots of water and rest well. Ya, agreed with you, usually in the first class is more stressful than others. I feel pity for them as they are so young and hv to compete with each other, sigh... stress by the parents and teacher too
sad.gif

spanielpups: hmm... I wonder is there any difference btw CAs and class test/term test?? Are they the same weightage?? It seems like CAs, sound a little stressful than class/term test...
sad.gif
I hv to salute to you, back home u still hv the energy to cope with DS's sch work...
happy.gif

HI Mommies,

Fion : No choice, my husband leaves the teaching to me while he spent his nights glued to the TV and sofa. Sometimes I do get frustrated that there are screaming sessions when I teach my son.

My ds do not have class test or term test so not sure what is the difference. But strangely, my ds seems to have less homework compared to P2 and considering the exam is near, also not much practice paper to do.
sad.gif

Jessie : Do take care & get well soon! Wow, yr ds's exam so soon. At least he can rest and relax after his exam, mine still another month to go. Agreed with you that times really flies...and it's going to be end of the year soon and next year P4....more headache as they are starting to use pen! I have set aside a fund for "correction tapes".

Hi Fion: I started off with high fever. So high that even normal panadol cannot bring down the temperature. My hands and legs were out of control. Could hardly walk. Then it came the uclers. Got more and more until I could hardly eat or drink. Next will be the blisters. I have lots on my palm and bottom of legs. Have difficulty in walking. Never in my life feel this way. Damn champ! Was only given fever and throat medicine. Also ask the doctor for itch medicine. Those blisters were so itchy that I could not even sleep at night.

You are right! Being in the best class is more stressful than others. They were given the best teachers but their teachers have high expectation from them. Homeworks and assessments are more than others. Lessons are running faster than others also. Stress to the max!

Hi Spanielpups: Thanks for your concern! I'm ok now except the peeling of the dead skin. Making it quite difficult in walking. My boy only the Paper 1 on 11 Oct. Paper 2 and the rest of the subject will be on 25 Oct onwards.

Mine some of their works have already used pen for writing this year. Already started using correction tape liao. Next year will have to buy more.

ah Jessie: poor thing! i've been v careful with hfmd since kai got it in K2. luckily his was v mild that time but this time was so terrible. sometimes i think having these 3 siblings has made him suffer so much more.
sad.gif

tho it's unlikely to happen again, do take care not to share food w him once he starts showing any symptoms. my kai probably got it from the younger ones cos he likes to share food w them.

ah fion: no leh, i don't really like it here. job is good but boss is lousy so i'm looking around again.
happy.gif

revision is stressful lor. i'm going home extra early to help look after the others while my husband revises w him.

spanielpups: your boy's timetable quite similar to my kai's.

actually i really envy Jessie. cos if mine was in the best class, at least it's a long way to the bottom. right now, kai is near the bottom of his class, not much room for him to slide down more :p

Hi Mummies,

Happy Children Day to all the Children!!!
happy.gif
How do you spend this day with your child, did you buy any present for your kid? My son requested a Beast Quest Story Book and We have lunch at McDonalds and this will be his Children's Day gift and treats
happy.gif

Last friday, I received his SAs timetable. The 1st paper starts on 25/10-29/10 and the 2nd paper starts on 1/11-9/11
sad.gif
Sigh, I need to start my engine & get him to practice those Top sch exam papers liao...
sad.gif

spanielpups: I think u got to find out from his teacher, I think the workload should be increased as compare to P2. As for my son, due to SA is near the corner, he is complaining that lots of homeworks given by his teacher. Wow... your hubby really leave the teaching job to you!! Really hard on you, don't your hubby help while you are busy with something?? This term my boy has Science Practical exam, really clueless for Science Practical?? if I'm not wrong, your Ds has Science Practical Exam on the last term?? Mind to share what sort of Science practical they are going to test? Thks.
happy.gif

Jessie: HFMD, that's really torture!! Good to hear that you're getting better now!!
happy.gif
Yap, usually Top class pupils are doing more works than the rest. Well, take it easy and don't stress yourself & ur kid
happy.gif

Olwen: Oh no, if boss is lousy then is difficult to work along. Don't feel miserable and bad for K's results. I'm sure one day he'll excel in his studies. Now I lower my expectation as I'm tired to nag at him. Now I leave the decision to M to decide his results but I still will give him assessment to do but whether he wants to put in effort to do is up to him. I tell him the fact that if your result is bad, chances to be a road-sweeper or car-washer is higher. If you want to be doctor or others professional which is higher than road-sweeper than you hv to wake up now and strike harder. Hope this will help to motivate him & boost up his confidence!
happy.gif

Hey Fion and all mommies

JIA YOU.... just this month to go and we can all rest and relax!!!

Fion : Practical Science... Ds was given a question sheet and he was shown various items like plastic, leaves, etc. He has to write down the answer on the questions sheet based on the items shown to him.

Hi..I am a single mum of 2 gals age 4 & 6. Residing in Tampines St 32. One is studying in Pri 1 @ Qiaonan Primary School while the other is in Cherie Hearts Nursery Level. I am working full time as a CSO & doing my own part time Home Massage for Ladies only. Do support me or call me at 83758056 for more queries on my massage. Thanks lovely ladies!!!

Hi mummies, how's everyone? GEP result out already. Any of your child pass the 1st paper? My boy's class out of 40 pupils, 28 gone through. All the smart ones.

Olwen: I never know my immuse system was that low and got the HFMD from him. Infact my hubby also share the same food but he is alright whereas I got it
sad.gif

Don't need to envy me. No good to be in the best class. Very very stressful. It is very competitive. Not only among the boys but also between the parents.

Fion: I did not celebrate Children's Day with boy. I cannot take leave cos been on mc for so many days due to my HFMD. His student care centre has brought them out to nearby playground to have fun and he also did not ask me for any gift. Just treat it as normal day. Only different is no school, no homework, no assessment and get to play.

Haha... I have also told my boy what you have said to your boy. Either to become a road sweeper or a professional. Just hope he can carry on to work hard.

ah fion: yah, tt's life. change job, look after kids, run around like headless chicken. sometimes wonder y we became mothers.

spanielpups: it's so fast tho, after this month, the next 2 mths pass v fast then it's back to school again.

ah jessie: wow, your boy's class has really smart kids. what do they do after this? but honestly, my son's school teachers said those who get in r the ones whose parents send them to those drilling schools to focus on getting into GEP. hmmmm....

Hi Olwen,

Ya, was surprise to know that more than half of the class has passed round 1. Next week they will go for the second paper. If pass then they can go to GEP. If not will remain in normal class. So you see how stressful I am....

Hi Jessie, Olwen,

Jessie - nothing to be stress about. It isn't necessary for a child to get in to GEP to prove he/she is a genius. Each child has its own learning pace. A child doesn't need to be in a GEP class to become a great doctor, a great scientist, etc.

Olwen, agreed, I have seen lots of parents getting their kids enrolled in GEP preparatory class. I think they haved signed their kids up for 2 or 3 enrichment classes a day! Haha.

Hi Spanielpups,

Don't get me wrong. I'm not forcing my boy to get in to GEP. I understand not every child is a genius and it is not a must for him to get into GEP. I have already told him even if he is smart enough to pass all the papers and able to get into GEP I may not let him go as I don't want to add more stress to him.

I think I have not tell all of you my boy did not pass the test. My stress is more from the parents. Especially the kiasu parents in his class. When they know my boy did not pass the 1st test, they are finding chance to come and look for me and ask me why why why. As if is a very big thing that my boy did not pass the test. I hate to entertain those people. Very hypocrite!

ah jessie: don't let it get u down. for my kai, only 4 of his classmates got thru the first round, i guess kai's in one of the worst classes, haha! it's great tt u don't want to put pressure on him. & even better that your boy can still be so motivated without pressure.

spanielpups: this kind of parents are everywhere. i remember i met one of kai's classmate's mother who also volunteered for one visit to the zoo tt i went. she's really nice but mention these kiasu parents to her & she really gets angry. she calls them the "full time mothers". haha.

Hi Mummies,

Pop in to say hihi!!
happy.gif
Today starts his paper 1, hope everything goes well!! These few weeks keep revising with him. Sigh... paper 2 hasn't come and I feel tired liao
sad.gif

All the best & Jia You everyone, yeah!!!
happy.gif

Hey Hi Fion, Long Time No HEAR!

Need an opinion, did you get your son any Chinese E-dictionary? Wonder if it is better than the book dictionary? My only concern with E-dictionary is worried my son get distracted with it during exam. Also if uses the book, not sure if time are wasted in checking the word. I am at a loss...

My ds exam start this Wed and ends next Mon. I also PRAY HARD he can do better than SA1.

Jia You too!!!

Back