2 year old diagnose with autsim

Helene

Hi all, my son was just diagnose last week with asd. Anyone here has the same case? Please share your experience how you cope. & how you take care of your child with asd.

May I know what prompt you to get yr son diagnose? My son doesn't give much eye contact and not very responsive, speech also delayed so we are concerned too.

He had behaviorial observation with child phychologist. My son is now undergoing therapy and i also enrolled him in gymboree classes which helps with socialization with other kids.
As early as 18 months they can tell if your son has austim.

Below is the checklist:

• Child doesn't turn when you say his or her name.
  • Child doesn't turn to look when you point and say, "Look at…" or doesn't point to show you an interesting object or event.
  • Lack of back-and-forth baby babbling
  • Delay in smiling
  • Failure to make eye contact with people
  • Attachment to hard objects such as ballpoint pens, a flashlight, keys, or action figures — as opposed to soft objects like blankets and stuffed animals

2 years old and confirmed? i also suspect mine when he was 18 months to 24 months but KK doctor says put him to childcare first when i bring him in at 17 months. If the teacher feedback , means quite firm, otherwise, is just that they do not know how to response and react. So after placing him in a childcare for 9 months. KK doc clear him as normal at his 2 yrs old. and he can communicate and react well now. but not to be super exact responsive. still monitoring. but is really a good method by placing in chldcare.

so at 18 months:
90% do not response to his name
90% no eye contacts, love to stare at his own toys
very rountine , does not like to disrupt his toys arrangement
doesn't talk much. single word
doesn't look at where you are pointing

right now, though doc clear him, he still doesnt look up to where you are pointing 80% and still love rountine and hate to be disturb.
however, he love talking, singing, yakking non stop till he sleep.
suggest you put your kid to childcare first.
it might be like my case.

Hi Helena,
My child was diagnosed autistic at 3.5 years old. I put him to child care when he was exactly 18 months. He has almost the same symptoms as your child.
No eye contact, hate soft toys, do not response to his own names, and only few single words. My son laid up toys in straight line without anyone taught him to. I also send my child to enrichment classes to help him in socialization.

Something I realized after my child was diagnosed as ASD is that playing with your child is very important. Not just providing a toy, but play together with him creatively. Let him see other ways of playing the same toy. Or bring him outdoor to improve his sensory skills.
Try to change his day to day routine once in a while. Too routine will become rigid. And rigidness is a typical symptom for ASD.

Certain pure grade essential oils (eg. Cedarwood, Peppermint) can help improve concentration and also improve brain functions.

My child has been attending speech therapy in olive tree. So far the rapport with the therapist is good. My child is quite happy going there every week.

My child has been attending speech therapy in olive tree. So far the rapport with the therapist is good. My child is quite happy going there every week.

great! can share with me how's the 1st interview like? eg, they need to assess yr child in order to be sure he/she really has problem? how long is the assessment? and what are the charges like?
thanks so much

great! can share with me how's the 1st interview like? eg, they need to assess yr child in order to be sure he/she really has problem? how long is the assessment? and what are the charges like?
thanks so much

I just called olive-tree and enquiry about their therapy session, the 1st assessment is at $160 for 1 hr. and each therapy session is at $120 to $150.

Hi mummies, my son doesn't have most of symptoms but I'm facing another problem.
I sent my son to childcare when he is two because he does not interact and talk to others. However after 8 months in childcare, he still doesn't talk to the teachers and kids in the school. He only start to talk when I'm there. He seems like his teacher but he just doesn't open his mouth to talk to the teacher. Anybody got idea for his case?

Back