1st Birthday Party

Hi RAR

So how did your son's birthday celebration go? I'm starting to deliberate what kind of birthday celebration to organize for my son's 1st birthday in Dec 09.

You may find me too kiasu...but I'm also worried about how he will react to crowd. He cries when he sees unfamiliar faces at times. Hence, I'm quite worried. Hope anyone can share your experience if your baby has such personality too. thanks.

Thanks, Lena.

I couldn't go into the blog but managed to speak to William. He sounds like a nice guy. And his charges are reasonable. I am looking forward to see his cakes on the blogspot.

Hi MummyNana,

Ya, his cakes are lovely..and the taste is good...not like those that juz look nice but doesnt taste nice..anyway, do share with us the pic of the birthday cake when its done!
happy.gif

hello mummies!

Need some help as my girl's bday is this coming 26 Aug and am looking ard for things that i need for the birthday. Am at such a loss as to what deco etc i need..

Hi Rachel,

What is the theme you wouldl like for your girl? What is her fav cartoon? Then you can work around fr there la...the things to consider:
-- venue
-- Catering
-- cake
-- deco like balloons, banner, table cloth, and also colour theme? eg if your girl like barney, instead of getting all barney balloons, you can also get some purple balloons ah..cheaper and also similar theme...hee...
ya, do you intend to give invites and door gifts to other kids? how many pple are you lookg at?

Hi lena,

have already settled the venue at my condo's clubhouse.. catering also.

now thk left with cake and deco thats more headache for me.

any idea where the party supplies shop have moved to from concourse??

Hi Rachel,

It shifted to middle road..it's very near NAFA and the bank of china there..but nowadays dun really think they are that cheap after all...coz i worked around there...

The last party i bought my party supplies online from www.kidzpartystore.com and I'm quite happy with the prices and services..

as for the cake, i got it from a friend ah..which i tink mummynana has also contacted him..you might wanna chk w him also?

hope this is useful..

Mommy Helper

Us Mommies are the greatest people in all the Earth. We clean, wash, cook, take care of our precious little ones and not forgetting the BIG boy in the house too (they can’t live without us) and yet, still must have the time to keep ourselves pretty, get our nails and hair done, go for weekly facials and loads more! Boy, are we also the busiest people on Earth!
dont’t fret! Help is on the way! Here at Mommy Helper, we help to make your lives a little easier so that you can take the time off to enjoy the finer things in life, such as bringing your kids to the zoo, going for a romantic dinner with hubby and just having the time to lie back and read a good book. We help you to do almost anything. We have loads of contacts and all you need is to ask. And we’ll see if we can work something out for you.

Services that we provide
·Birthday Parties for children and adults
oIncludes location, activities, cake, catering, gifts, decorations, party favors. Each party is catered to your liking, budget and preferences.

·Wedding Anniversaries
oHotel stays, short nearby island getaways, gifts, flowers, romantic dinner. All you have to do is to tell us what you want, your budget and we will do the search for you!

·Groceries Shopping (delivery to doorstep)
·Household Errands

Testimonials:
“Thank you Mommy Helper for helping me to plan Bryan’s 1st birthday party! It was a huge success, the recommended place was great and the food was delicious. I will definitely recommend you to my friends. Thank you!” – Bryan’s Mum, Sheila

“I was apprehensive at first having to pay for such a service but decided to give it a try. It really saved a lot of my time and for such a minimal amount, it was really worth it. Thanks for helping me with my groceries and errands running. Thanks!” – Tan Hwee Eng

“Mommy Helper really did a good job in helping me to find the perfect place to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary! My husband was really surprised and he loved the gift too. Next up will be my father’s 60th birthday party.” – Melissa Tan

So how much do we charge?
These service charges are a little amount for helping you to source out and liasing with suppliers and merchants so that time is saved for you. We have many contacts and good recommendations. Charges do not include price of actual items themselves.

Birthday Parties – Choose minimum 3 items.
$60 with additional $10 for every item added.
·Decorations
·Activities/Games/Performers
·Birthday gift
·Party favors for guests
·Catering

Wedding Anniversaries – $80

Groceries Shopping (delivery to doorstep) - $50

Household Errands - $15 per hour

If you have anything that you would like us to help you in, just feel free to tell us and we’ll see if we can work something out.

Add us on msn at [email protected] now!

I am also tossed, dunno where to hold my baby 1st bday party, my home will be bit cramped and my function room not as big as i wished it was...

any suggestions..? prefer in the north.

any suggestions on where to get balloon supplies? balloonsrus or gregio?

Food wise did you all order buffer catering?

Hi...I am looking to buy "Winnie-The-Pooh" theme based party decors....
very urgent...can any1 pls tell me of a good place..

Hi all mummies,

able to advise the size of cake that you had ordered for the 1st birthday party that you had held?

Hi Mummies,

I'm looking for precious moments birthday decor.
I have try the precious moments boutique, but not much of design. Can anyone advices?

Or any mummies have any decor suitable for 1st year old b'dae girl to let go?
Can PM me....

Thanks in advance...

I have some stuffs left after my party, all related to mickey theme:

I have the following to sell in a bundle:
1. Balloons bouquet x 2
- 1 x Mickey Mouse head, 1 x red star 18" - $10
- 1 x 1st yr, 1 x yellow star 18", 1 x Mickey Mouse 26" - $15
(You can purchase the yellow star/red star from baby terror @ only $3.50 per piece, they also top up helium gas, i can provide you the contact )
2. Mickey Mouse banner x 1 - $8
3. Mickey Mouse table cloth x 2 - $6
4. BRAND NEW Mickey Mouse party favor x 10 sets (stationery + loot bags) - $15
5. BRAND NEW 1 packet of ballons x 10pcs bought from Sheng Shiong - $1 (bought @ $1.80)
Total: $55
Can let go @ $50 for all (+ FOC Ezlink cards sticker 8pcs)

Hi chilladi, you can go to this website www.kidzpartystore.com. They have hello kitty stuff but it's brand new not preloved.

To all other mummies lookg for buffet caterer, can try meihao99. Good price and good food. It's the best buffet I have eaten so far. Their cantonese styled prawns are so big and tasty. Yum yum..

i am looking at engaging a magician and ballon sculptor to be present at my son's 2nd year birthday party. Also, looking at renting a bouncing castle. any lobang ?

I just celebrated my second son's first birthday party in my condo function room. For my first son, we celebrated in a hotel function room. After 2 birthday parties, here are some tips:

1. Hire a good entertainer. He will make the party extra memorable. More so than any decoration.

2. If not in a hotel/restaurant, hire kids' sized tables and chairs. It's more convenient for the kids and parents. Have more as parents/caregivers would land up sitting there with the children.

3. Provide hand and mouth wipes.

4. Minimum 100 balloons would do wonders and you don't have to fuss with other decoration if you don't have time.

5. Hire a photographer to capture the moments without having to trouble friends/relatives.

6. Have a dramatic cake.

7. Have a shoes off baby/toddler play area with bumper mats or other clean safe surface to cater to the small ones.

8. If it is not in a restaurant/hotel, provide sufficient tables and seating so that it is more convenient to eat. It's hard for parents to run around children with plates of food in hand.

9. For party bags, give a small amount of good quality candy/biscuits plus one good toy plus some novelty. It is better to give fewer good quality items than a bag full of forgettable bad quality items. Party bags must be age appropriate. Don't give infants candies or novelties. I give babies a safe toy and organic biscuits (for toddlers) or jar food for the infants.

Hi all Mummies,
I'm a free-lance facepainter who runs kids parties.
Please contact me if you all are looking for facepainting services for your kid's birthday!

*FYI:
The face/body paints I use : Snazaroo from UK
It is specially formulated to be hypoallergenic. They are manufactured using only ingredients fully compliant with EU & FDA toy and cosmetic regulations, and are non-toxic.This means they are generally safe to use on children's faces and bodies.
As they are water-based, it can be easily removed with baby soap and water (no harsh removers needed) .

Name:Mika
Contact 8138 2280
Email:[email protected]

my second son just turned 1.

We held his birthday party at Civil Service Club- Bukit Batok.

We engaged the party planner at Ministry of Party, www.partyplanner.com.sg to organise the kids party for us.
They did a wonderful job in entertaining our guests with magic shows, face painting and balloon sculpturing.

Also, we booked Ministry of party for their balloon packages too and we got some Disney Cars theme party supplies from them too!

Back