1st Birthday Party

balimommy

Dear mummies,

I am planning for my baby girl’s 1st birthday party. Me and my husband are very informal person and my baby always prefer to be among kids than adult…
I would appreciate if you can share the memorable experience/story/tips of your children’s 1st birthday party (i.e those excellent caterer, brilliant idea of décor, or pitfalls to watch out for). They would be a great source of inspiration for me.

Thank you…thank you

Hi, there's a bp thread selling party items & balloons. At least something to start with...
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2077229.html?1232158136

Hi, i had my son's first birthday party last month, and i held it in Jurong Sports Complex's multi-purpose hall.

To begin with, i bought alot of decorative stickers or decals (mickey mouse theme), and i also ordered a mickey mouse cake as well as mickey mouse cupcakes. Then i bought party favours (pre-packed ones) and put them in mickey mouse goody bags for the kids. I also bought door banners, a few helium balloons and cute table covers. As for caterers, i ordered from Meihao99 catering which i find them quite good and good price too.

Overall, the party was great as i even hired someone to take instant shoots of my guests and have them printed out instantly for them to take home. It was a simple but meaningful party to me.

Hi Mummies, my son will be celebrating his very 1st birthday in abt 2mths time... excited on his countdown to toddler yet worried how he may react to the crowd as i seldom exposed him to many. Any tips to share about similiar experiences & how you suggest to make it a enjoyable meaningful party for him & all... thanks !

Hi Zolldoll.... your party sounds great and comfy to me with your planned arrangements. Exactly what i would wish to have in that manner too. By the way, is this your first child too like myself ?

Hi Zolldoll & Iluvphyllis
Thank you for sharing.

Annatoh,
same here...I am pretty worried too...my baby doesn't really like crowd.

my son's party juz ended. used 2 boxes of play yard to keep all toddlers n babies in while adults eat.
simple banners as babies can't appreciate them.
mickey cake from bengawan solo.
foodwise i did ala carte catering (order frm a few places) for variety sake.
many helium balloons for toddlers to play with and to take home.

hihi..
Wanna check do anyone care to share some decorations they make for yr kid's birthday..
I'm looking @ winni e pooh theme...
i holding @ Costa Sands Chalet in june..

Hi Cindy,
I just had my son Bday party at Coasta Sand Pasir Ris. Is your Caterer under Bibik too?
I am so disappointed with their delivery and food quality..

I have told them my delivery time must be 630pm or earlier...guess what time they arrived? Almost 40mins late! The setup was completed only at 715pm...

Hi mummies,

Any other places near west area which can be for 1st yr old celebration. Intend to get those FOC venue or at least pay mini $$

Hi

I'm also planning for my DS 1st birthday in 2mths time. Not gonna celebrate at home as I'm staying with Parents-in-law. Wanted to get a chalet but all the expenses will add up to almost $900+ which is way off my budget. Any recommended venue or restaurant with good ambience & buffet around 500+ for 30-40pax?

Anyone held party at Gymboree @ Harbourfront before? Would like to have some feedbacks on the service as well as price information. Thanks very much in advance!

azza, i saw some pink ones in daiso. not sure about purple.

dino_mum, we celebrated there a few weeks ago. it was fun! the staff were friendly. package starts at $370 + 50 membership fee. does not include food. one hour of gym facilitated by two teachers and 30 minutes for the eating, $28 ( i think) per 30 min extension. my only advice would be to book about 15-30 minutes later than the last class so you have time to set-up the food area, and also to wait for late guests. they start clocking your one hour of gym from the time you booked, regardless of whether you've actually started or not.

rnb, my guests consist of a wide range of age for children (from 1 yr old to 10yr old!). Do you think the activities will be appropriate for them? And is 1 hours too short?

i think it will be rather boring for the 6+ ... actually gymboree's programs are only until 5 year olds.

one hour is ok (my guests were mostly 1-3) because they really move a lot during that one hour.

i think it will be difficult to make a program that will keep such a big age range happy. the older ones will like magicians, maybe, but the younger ones will not be able to understand that.

2482081.jpg

Hi o_club,

just to share I purchased everything from an online party store. Including the cake! The cake taste good and my guests were asking for their contact too. Love it! and really hassle free. Recommending to everyone! See their website at www.kidzpartystore.com

anyone celebrated in hotel for kids birthday ?

dino_mum
i also considering gymboree but felt the timing quite restrictive cos they only hold it after their classes for the day has ended.

Hi mummies & daddies here,

Anyone got lobang for balloon twister?
I am looking for one for my gal 1st bday celebration.
Budget per hour less than $80. Maybe 2hrs job
If any of yr friends whom can assist, feel free to pass me contacts.
Pm me if any ...thanks

Hi, I am looking for a venue to hold my daughter's 1st birthday. Anyone has any suggestions for me? My fren helped to ballot for a chalet at SAF Changi but couldn't get it..

Hi babyessentials,
I saw the actual mickey cake at Bengawan solo... its pretty ..just need some mickey cake topper.. then will do..

Cuttiebb,
you can get from the online party store. I bought the cake topper which hv mickey, minnie and pluto.
cause my son't theme was mickey.

Hi Kris, any online party store to recommend? I would like to have Minnie theme....if can i wana find baby minnie cake topper....thanks

Hi mummies,

Anyone celebrated your darling's birthday at the above mentioned venue? or any mummies attended birthday celebration there?

Possible if you could provide me with some comments / feedback?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Anyone have minnie mouse or mickey mouse topper to lent or let go cheaply.
Would prefer minnie mouse topper.
Pls pm me asap. I need it by Sep 09.

Hi!
One of the suggestion i can give yours is community centre. I did my son 1st birthday celebartion at my place nearby Comunnity Centre. I booked a multipurpose room from there. Overall i think is quite good. My guest enjoyed it very much. We did booked a badminton court for our guest and kids to play badminton. Not so costly also.

Hello Mummies, I am looking for these BIG flower headband for my princess birthday. Anyone know where I can get one aside from Mothercare? They are selling at $29 but my budget is $10 only.
2698868.jpg
2698869.jpg

Hi,recently did a cake for my child's bday...it's very nice and he loved it!Below are the pics...basically the cake is on a track..so thomas actually moves around the cake..the kids were so crazy over it..hehe..ordered fr a friend..do pm me if anyone is int in the contact..
2700334.jpg

2700335.jpg

periwinkle, why dont you make one yourself? Think the flower and the band are pretty easy to find. You just have to pin/sew them together.

Hi Dino_mum. I did try to find the flower from spotlight but their flowers are ugly and bulky. Looks funny when attached. It's not flat like the one in the pic. And I like this band because got holes. Not hot like the others. Anyway, one of the mommy on another thread gave me a lobang. Seems like www.bigbellymama.com/headband.html is the cheapest so far at $8 per set (First set is $15 with 2 flowers or bows and add another headband for $2.50) so it comes up to only $8 per set. It is very adorable. You should check out the website if you have a ger ger. Now got free gift and free shipping. These flowers are the hottest baby item in US now! I can't decide if I want a pink or yellow flower or a bow! *Sigh*

thanks for sharing! So adorable!!! I have a boy. That's why they say it is cheaper to have a boy. No disney costumes, no cute cute dresses and cute cute shoes needed. LOL. I do agree.

I think Bow 2 is so pretty! Very unique!

Hi Periwinkle,

Thanks for sharing the website...i'm keen too...ya i'm undecided too...

Can i knoe what is the free gift? Can't seem to find it in the website on it & free shipping.

Cheers

Hi, I don't know what is the free gift. The other mummy told me first time purchase got free gift. It is not on the website. And the free shipping is only during GSS. I already placed my order! Will be mailed on Monday. I'm getting 2 flowers and 1 bow and 3 headbands.

Back