(1997) 1997 or before children

hi workingmom. thks for hving same idea with me, many of my friend think that im crazy, bec i give my girl tuition for her maths, they think that my girl result(83-88) is already very good.

cymk23

Mine is in tns.Hey, do you mind recommeding your math tutor to me as my friend is searching one for her son.thanks

cymk23,

My boy is in P3, he also goes to Learning Point on Sat afternoon. I'm also interested to know your Maths tutor. Does she come to your house?

hi bishanmum,
im so sorry, i hv just ask the tutor, she say, she is very full at the moment. im so sorry.

bishanmum, cymk23

what's your feedback on learning point?
thanks for sharing
happy.gif

cymk23,

It's ok. Thanks for asking your tutor.

2sleepy,

My boy has joined them since P1, he likes the teacher and enjoys the lessons so far. I would let him continue as long as he has no complains about the school and continues to achieve good results for his English. I would recommend you to try out.

Hi cymk23

TNS =Tao nan school, you heard before?

Maybe you can tell your tutor to keep in touch with bishanmum, so maybe next year she will have slot for her?

Hi morning !
So cymk23's and bishanmum's kids are in AiTong.
cymk23, my girl also in AiTong, P6 and yes, PSLE now. :)

Joy747,

Thanks for your suggestion to cymk23. Tao Nan is a very good school, much better than Ai Tong. If I'm not wrong, you also have a girl who is in P3 now. Has her SA2 exams started? My boy is having his English and Chinese Paper 1 this Fri.

daisy,

How is your girls's PSLE going? Since she has no tuition, so she revises her exams on her own or do you coach her?

hi bishanmum, so far OK lor. She finds Science difficult.

I revise with her on last weekend but not really coach. For Maths, we go through those questions she did wrongly from the class worksheets, get to understand the mistake and find similar questions to do. For Science, go through those key words in the guidebook. For Chinese, she revise on her own the 词语. For English, do a few assessments on her weak areas.

bishanmum

No problem...good things are meant to share...

You are right, my gal in p3.Finished two orals, one english compo and tomolo chinese and next week will be languages paper 2.

I heard about learning point.I am now thinking should I send my gal to learning lab to enhance her English language...anyone has feedback...thanks

daisy,

I don't know when my boy reaches P6, I am still able to help him in his revision, especially for Maths and Science.

Joy747,

Your girl's school is faster than my boy's, his SA2 exams stretch all the way till end Oct. I think Learning Lab is very good except for its fees (super expensive). A few of my boy's classmates are with them and they can write very good compos. What makes you consider to send your girl there?

bishanmum

I consider sending her as she loves english and I thought she can further improve..as in letting her excel in subject that she has great passion but sure its a waste of money and time as its very far from the east.

Joy747,

My boy also has the passion for English because he likes to read and it has always been his best subject so far (excluding Science). I know a lot of parents from all areas send their children there despite the long distance and high fees. I'm really curious about their teachers and curriculum when I see my boy's classmates' compos so well written.

bishanmum
I am not so into eng compo as my gal is able to do it, more so for the exposure of the myraid english knowledge out there that learning lab can provide

hi bishanmum, if you really want to coach him, you have to start learning along with him. For Maths, I could not solve those section C problems, I could only help her by going through her mistakes.

Science at P6, the questions are more on experiments.

Joy747,

It could be due to the exposure that in turn improve their creativity and strong use of vocabs in their compo writing. Would you care to share what you know about the school so far, perhaps from friends or your girl's classmates?

Hi All

Just wonder, how soon you mums started to send your kids to intensive tuition or rather how many subjects are your kids taking for tuition?

I have been teaching my gal all subjects myself till today.Am thinking of sending her out for chinese tuition next year p4 even am able to coach as I know of a tutor who can push the kids and helps them to excel.Only drawback is distance and lessons is twice a week ,2.5hours each lesson which I find it too long but that is her standard package.Her driling of oral and compo is excellent but I dont need that much as my gal is in the 90's range when taught by me...But of course, I know my gal is no good in chinese, but drilled by me....Your advice please,thanks

Joy747
Nowadays enrichment or tuition is not cheap. So have to spend money wisely. Personally I feel it is not necessary to have tuition at P1 & 2. At P3, only compo. At P4, if mum/dad can handle maths, okay not to have tuition. Only at P5, the maths is tough, I feel, for me. At P6, Science sub out to tuition for revision, for identifying of linkage amongst topics, for answering techniques.

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Hi mummies,

<font color="0000ff">Am looking for P3 Maths/Eng/Sci:
1. Textbooks
2. Workbooks (i dun mind if it is completed/done)
3. test papers/exam papers (photocopies will do)
4. English spelling lists (type out email to me or photocopy/fax to me also can)

If you have to giveaway, pls PM me. condition does not matter, as long as all pages as intact and can still be read/used. </font>

Need them ASAP, esp for eng &amp; maths. sci not urgent.

Reason for needing these: fren jus moved back to SG from london. her gal is taking entry exam to a local pri sch &amp; apparently wot she learnt in london is totalli different from SG, so she needs to noe e SG syllabus ASAP. her entry exam is on end oct, so gotta help her fast. thanks!!!!

willing to exchange with items/small tokens.
thanks!!

NOTE: Do not need assessment books as another kind mummy has donated those, unless your assessments are totally brand new, i can consider buying them if the price is reasonable (budget is $1-3/bk)

REF: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/451986/1774228.html?1223713123</font></font>

<font size="+1">btw, if u need recommendation for good tutor, can PM me. i got a very good home tutor to recommend.</font>

hi all mum, i miss out so much. im actually working so sat and sun i usually dont come online. i'll keep u all inform if the tutor got slot. hee.hee. as for learning lab i also heard of and ya it is very expensive i think is like 700+ per term and long Q too. actually im lazy to coach my girls so they r all on their own, that's y i need a tutor. daisy so now ur girl is enjoying herself now. which class is she in? wat sec sch do u hv in mind for her to go to, how do all mum thinking about the 4 days of marking days. i think too many day, when we were young dont think we hv marking days.

hi cymk23, ya she is enjoying herself like in heaven. She is in the 2nd class. Its not a matter of which sec sch I have in mind for her, its her result, interest and her feel for the school. She loves arts and acting, so looking into these 2 areas as well when choosing a sec sch.

hi daisy, ok. my girl eldest daughter is also in 2nd class. i'm hoping she can get into anderson it nearer to my place.

hi bishanmum,
the marking day is this week thursday and friday, next next monday and tue. no lesson for all lvl.

hi bishanmum,
haha, u must be busy helping ur kids with the SA2. for my gals just nice the tuition teacher can come in early for the lesson. and ats is always the very last few sch who is still hving their SA or CA.

cymk23,

Have been very busy helping my boy to prepare for his exam for the past week, luckily my girl has not reached that stage. Today is just the 1st subject, 3 more subjects to go, starting to count down now...

daisy,

Where did you go for your business trip?

hi bishanmum,
my gals finaly finish those assessment i buy for them. haha. very fast sa2 finishing soon. next yr will be a busy yr for my gal P5 &amp; P6. i more worry about my younger daughter she is very blur and careless.

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Hi mummies,

My friend is looking to compile test and exam papers from any school/level.

If you have, do PM me. All you need to do is photocopy the test/exam papers and mail it to her.
She'll send you a SAE and give you a token in return.

For mummies who contribute, she will also give a copy of the compiled sets to you via mail if you want
(you will need to pay for postage).

Do let me know if you have any! It does not matter what school or level, as long as it is a test/exam paper!
<font color="0000ff">
Please PM with the following details:
School:
Level(s):
Subject(s):
Test/Exam Paper that you have: (eg. CA1, SA1, CA2, SA2)
Your mailing address: (so she can send SAE)

</font>

THANKS!!</font></font>

cymk23,

Your girls' age gap is only 1 yr apart, which means they can share a lot of things and interest too.

I also heard that the toughest stage in primary school starts in P5. Which other enrichments or tuitions do your girls attend besides Learning Pt?

hi,
haha, too ur surprise, they dont share. haha. my eldest daughter take care of her own things very well and inplace, as for my younger she very blur and anything go on her hand, sure die wan.haha. they got diff character. the eldest 1 more serious type, the younger 1 is those happy go lucky. my eldest daughter dont like to share friend with the mei mei too. but when u say, u'r sending 1 away bec i cant stand them fighting, they will cry. haha.

P5 is toughest stage for Pri sch i agree, i dont know in other sch. but aitong really, suddenly so much homework, maybe my eldest daughter is more slow in doing it, so she need longer hrs. and they'll also hv extra lesson during their P5 &amp; P6. plus cca. every wk they hv to stay back for at least 3 day till 3.30pm in sch. then reach home still must do home work. aiyo. i also now worry for my younger daughter, next yr her turn. she told me her english was easy yesterday, hahaha.

my gal only hv lesson at learning point and pte tuition at home, tuition is for maths and sci. as for chinese i did try berries for 3 terms this yr, but doesn't help so they quit. next yr i'll enroll them to hans at yck cc. maybe let my eldest daughter go for another english tuition at the cc too. but got to see her timing.

cymk23
Yes, my girl also has tonnes of sch work. Even now during exams still have mock papers. As she is slow and also need such time now to revise/refresh next day's paper, I have to write letter to teacher to delay submission.

How much do you pay for home tuition?

cymk23,

My girl also behaves like that, one min asks korkor to go away, the next min says she loves korkor. What cca are your girls having?

hi bishanmum u r back.

my gal both in sci club. better dont join this type of club dont help for direct sch admission.

For DSA into sec sch, this is what my friend who is a teacher advise me.

when choosing CCA in primary school, go look ard at e sec schools u r interested to send ur kid to. then check out the niche areas of these schools. get ur child to join something tt is e niche area of e sec school so chances of getting in r higher.

for example PLMGS(S) niche areas: badminton, netball, music (guzheng, harp, handbells) and they hv a music program for girls with good music background (at least grade 5).
if ur child is in any of e above cca in pri sch n do well during auditions, confirm can get a spot in the school
happy.gif

so check out the niche areas of the possible sec sch u r interested in before advising ur child on cca in pri sch.
n if ur child can cope, let him/her start cca in P1/P2 instead of wait till P3.

per audition (for DSA) costs $100. Besides being in the niche CCA, one must be good in academic grades (they look at from P4 onwards). I heard music as a subject in secondary sch is not the usual theory &amp; practical exam by ABRASM. Very 'history' like.

cymk23
You didn't teach your girls? $400+ for both subjects for 2 children okay. My girl in RGPS. Now sourcing for Maths 1-1 tutor.

actually i dont know much about DSA till my friend son, this next, they got in to anderson sec with it. so envy lor, bec by psle marks the son might not make it.

wow RGPS leh. good sch. ya the tuition is $25per/hr. just add $10 per subject. the teacher come twice a week, for 2hrs.

cymk23 and Joy's Mum,

My son has not joined any cca so far, sci club may be suitable for him because Science is his favourite subject. He's not the sporty type, so sports cca is out for him. He's going P4 next year, so very headache... cymk23, what cca did your friend's son join?

caroline3sg,

RGPS is the best girl's primary school, is it stressful? Any criteria needed if one likes to take up music as a subject in secondary school?

Back