11th month, no tooth

my girl got her first tooth when she was 6mths old. Now she is 10mths old but still one lonely tooth only. I thought baby's teeth often grow in twos... Any mummy has similar experience to share?

My baby is 10mths old now, she got her 1st tooth when she was 5mths plus. Then the 2nd tooth when she was abt 7mths old. Then recently her upper teeth juz came out.

Starz17, i think different child got different teeth growing timing. I got a friend, her son got his 1st tooth when he was 13th mth old, then the 2nd tooth when he was 18 mths old.

hi Guresuwon,

thanks for sharing! i got abit worried bcos my girl refused to switch to a follow-on formula. i thot she may be lacking in calcium... her PD checked and confirmed she is perfectly healthy. hmmm wonder how long more i will have to wait...

Hi Starz17,

Why your ger refused to switch to formula milk? Itiz be'cos u use to breast feed her? My ger also the same. I tried to feed her Enfa formula milk, but she rejected when she was juz 1mth old. Cos i was trying to mix between breast feeding and formula milk. End up, i think the moment she drink it, she spit it out. Sighs.. So til now she been on TBF lor.. Her fourth tooth coming out oredi on the top, and she's turning to 11mths in a few more days. I think since ur Doctor said she was perfectly healthy, then i guess u dun have to worry too much. Cos is juz the matter of time. For my ger, since she got her teeth growing out, at times it can be quite painful to breast feed her. Sighs..

Guresuwon,

wow keep up the gd work! it must have been tiring to TBF your girl! i'm just plain lazy. my girl was breastfed for less than a mth. she was already on formula milk at the hospital as she was underweight at birth. PD said she has to be on partial formula to bring up her weight.

i had tried mixing just half a scoop of the follow-on but she seemed to be able to detect the difference and reject the whole bottle. immediately i made another bottle with infant formula and she would finish everything. had tried other brands of follow-on but in vain. she has been on similac since birth. her PD said its ok to take infant formula till 1 yr old so i stopped trying. she will be 1 yr old in another mth's time. hopefully this time round she can switch to gain iq successfully!

if your girl is eating well, i think on TBF should be fine. i understand that follow-on formula contains higher calcium and iron. so just try to give her more of these which i have been doing.
happy.gif

Hi,

Just to share here. My nephew has his first tooth at 14.5mth... and before that, my sister bring him to see alot of PD but all say not to worry coz different baby different growing stage but if after 15mth, than would advise my sister to bring him for check up. Hope this help.
happy.gif

my ds only had his first tooth ~ 14 mth...at 18 mths his molars than start showing...as such his chewing development is a little late (i.e. his food has to be softer and cut smaller than usual)...other than this he is developing well in his speech, i.e. have at least 80 words in his vocabulary now

Hi,

my baby only have her first tooth exactly on her first birthday.....now she is 16 months and 1 week old and her 7th teeth is coming out. Doctor says some babies do have late teeth so by the time she is around 2 to 2.5yr old will have all 20 teeth that is 5 teeth per 6 months.

My boy is 12 months now and he has 6 teeth. His teeth starts to pop out when he's 7 months old. Heard that teeth that pops out later will be stronger, any truth to that?

Hi,

My gal got 8 teeth when she abt 8mths..
From then onwards..I feed her with rice..Now she coming to 11mth le.

don't worry about late teething in a way the baby teeth don't rot too early good in a way too hee.hee..

yes, piggybb is true. do not to worry about the late teething =) the teeth will come out when it's the time

Hi,

Dun worry, my gal's teeth came out @ ard 12-13mths.
There r ppl saying some babies teething will b as late as 14mth.
Dun worry too much.

hi Felicia,

Thanks for replying.
My Gal had fever last few days. Went to PD, and asked is it becuase of the teething problem?
He said..it's a myth tt fever associate with teething...BUT hor, the next day can feel the teeth le.
happy.gif

Hi... My son is 13 mths today n he only has 1 teeth that juz cut thru his gums, can barely see yet... I was also abit worried initially but my fren told me its perfectly ok as her gal's tooth only came out at 15 mths...

Hello,

My son started teething at 3 months and now at 12.5 months, he's got 14 teeth.
But like every mommy here is saying, every baby develops differently and there's no right or wrong.
My son crawled later than most and he's not walking yet.
But we're not worried because it's only a matter of time and it'll happen eventually
happy.gif

hi mummies,
I'm also a bit worried. my girl is already 19 months and only has 5 teeth! the 6th teeth is just cutting out! PD said it's not normal but ask ask us to monitor. If by 2 years old, she still has very little teeth, we will have to send her for thyroid test since PD said my girl doesn't look like having calcium deficiency. I just hope and pray my girl is a case of late bloomer!

Hi aria jo

did your PD give a definition of how many teeth is "very little teeth" by 2 yrs old? my ger's first 2 teeth only cut 3 days before she turn 15 mths and over the next 4 mths, a total of 10 came out.. then nothing again until recently, another 2 pop out and she will turn 2 yrs old this mth

my dd also bo gay until she's 12months old. she had all the classic symptoms, suddenly very fussy, refused to drink milk, salivating, runny nose... initially i panicked coz dunno what's happening suddenly she won't touch her milk. few days later then i noticed the white bump coming out of her gums.

since then, her teeth came out in twos, at one time even 4 teeth.. hehe..

so dun worry sometimes bb choose to take its own sweet time with teething. dun stress out your kid =)

Hi Mummies,
Did you try to clean her mouth every morning & evening?
U can do tat with a clean wet cloth/non-woven swaps or even a toothbrush like pigeon or finger brush to massage their gums & as well as cleaning their mouth.
Tis might help too.

But is true that every child is unique in their way. Dun worry too much.

Hi mummies,
My girl in coming one year old in 9 days, but she got no teeth at all. My hubby is worried, asked if she is calcium deficiency coz she is still on total bf, never drink formula milk.. Now she is sick of eating porridge everyday. But she got no teeth, also cannot eat rice, plus she don't like meat at all.

Hi Princess,

U can give her eat instant oats or cereals. U can still give meat but minced it. Shdn't b a prob, if u had read the previous thread, some babies started teething when they r 13th mths. Maybe when yr baby gg for jab, ask the PD lor.
happy.gif

Hi Felicia,

Thanks for your comments =) She don't like meat at all, somehow she can taste it and spit it out =)
She like macaroni though.

Hi PrincessOctober,

Glad to hear tat.
No prob, we all learn from each other & we grow wif our kids.

Enjoy yr time wif your baby.
happy.gif

My kid doesn't like greens, except some carrots, potatoes and 'hidden' ones within patties, meatballs and fried rice
sad.gif
He didn't ever take oats, porridge, teething rusks, baby bottled foods, snacks, gummy vitamins and mushy foods.

I feel that every kid will have his eating habits. We shouldn't over-fuss on them or force them to eat things they hate. Everything in moderation worked well for us.

Back