1 bedded @MAH -How much in total?

<font color="aa00aa">it will be very sweet if someone can share your bill for single - bedder at mt a ..

natural with or without epi. thanks!
happy.gif
</font>

I’m also wondering the actual bill size for 1-bedded normal delivery package with or without epidural. Current 1-bedded normal delivery packages range from $1908-2298, but half of actual bills exceed $4274. What are additional charges? Can anybody, who signed packages, share your detailed bills? Actual bills with packages other than 1-bedded are also appreciated.

BTW, what’s the difference between normal delivery and assisted delivery? Does the assistance refer to vacuum\forceps, or Post Partum Ligation (PPL)?

actually the pkg does not include doc fees.
Depending on dr, the epi ,vacuum\forceps prices varies..

Also.. depending on the time when of the delivery.. you may need to pay extra for off-day / off-office hr to the doc also..
happy.gif

We have signed maternity package with Gynae, so doctor fee for delivery is included already. Epi, vacuum/forceps can be included into hospital package.
What I'm trying to find out is what and how expenses outside gynae and hospital packages will affect hospital bill.
It's appreciated any mummies taking 1-bedded normal delivery package, can share their detailed bills like what Alfafa77 did above.
Thanks!

mine was a 1 bed, 3day stay, assisted delivery, used 3 epi. out of pocket for myself n baby was ard 3K-ish. delivered in march. no longer have the invoices with me so cannot give detailed breakdown. but wat i can remember is that i paid extra for baby's hearing test, hubby's meals n board, baby's sun-tanning.

hi kimberly,

may i know if your $800 cash include expenses for your bb as well?

I am pondering between 4 bedder or 2 bedder for MAH... hmm... i was thinking will i get bored if i stay in 2 bedder...but good thing for 2 bedder is less ppl share toilet with me lor...

My previous experience in 4 bedder room for toilet sharing is that there are also visitors using the same toilet which they aren't suppose to do so and that the toilet door in 4 bedder cannot be locked...so sometimes i wipe myself halfway someone opened the door... so embarrasing

for 2 bedder i visited my friend last month who just gave birth and the toilet is nicer and more privacy... but then i scared the bills will be much higher than a 4 bedder since only stay there for 2 days only....

still undecisive... 2 bedder or 4 bedder...

Hi coolqoo,

I juz got back from my delivery (assisted delivery with epi) at MAH. The hospital bill came up to be around $1,300 (after Medisave) for my 2-bedder.

Would recommend the 2-bedder - can u imagine if all 4 patients are breast-feeding their kiddies?? I had very little sleep the 2 nights i was there; add crying babies to the equation and there will be no sleep at all!

hihi.. thanks Huixuan... i just asked my gynae to book the 2 bedder for me... :p... hehe.. now already 34 weeks liao.. coming soon.. hehe

Hi coolqoo..jia you!! Hope u will hv a smooth delivery and cute cute baby...rest assured that u &amp; ur bb are in good hands with the MAH staff =)

i cant decide between 2 bedded or single ward.
initially i was damn set on getting single ward until my gf text me and asked me to also account for cases whereby i cant do natural last min and do emergency c-sec, then bill will chalk up to around 8k

did a check with most of my mummies friends who opted for single ward and most told me is 8k -10k!
which is crazy!

i just need to find out if cpf deduction is 2k max or 4 k max..some say 2k, some say 4k..searched online also no detailed findings.

Here's the maternity package information.

http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/MaternityPack.asp

As for CPF deduction, it's according to 1) no. of days of your stay 2) the procedure that you opt for (c-sect/ natural) and regardless of the ward you stay.

Thus, you get $1650 for normal birth(2 day stay) or $3500 for c-section(3 days) , plus $450 for medical expenses. You also get additional if you opt for GA/ Epi. Then again the additional barely covers the additional expenses, epi/ga doc is an additional of $160-200 per visit + medicine.

You may notice that c-section cost and subsidy look equivalent. However, do not that your doc cost which is not in the table will be large if you opt for c-section. Overall, dont be caught by surprise that total bill after cpf deduction comes up to close to 8k.

You also need to watch for additional charges such as off-peak hrs , daily doc visits which may not be in the package.

Dear JazzT,
thank you for your reply.
I did a survey and most mummies commented they spent around 8k before cpf deduction on single ward stay..as such i may opt for double room
sad.gif

will check with doc on doc's daily visits charges etc..only afraid that i may not be able to give birth natural and emergency c-sec..evenmore ex!

you need to check also what your current pkg with your gyn incls.

Even though mine includes delivery, I still top up ard $2k for normal delivery for a 4-bedrm. So it varies from doc to doc. I am someone that rather spend more on a better doc to ensure that I have a safe delivery than on "room service".. So my total medical fee for each pregnancy is ~5k normal/epi/4-bedrm.

hihi, so gynae charges can also incur bills up to 5k like in your case even when u took a 4 bedder..
thanks, i understand thoroughly now that not only hospital charges but gynae charges play a big part in lump sum!

tks a million

hihi.. i delivered at MAH on 1st April.. initially i opt for 2bedded coz i tot i will deliver normal n the expenses wont be so high.. but during my labour, my gynae said i had to do an emergency c-sec.. lucky thing is that the nurses confirm with me the bed.. i was considering the $$ so i asked dem can i change to 4bedded or not (dun nid to feel paiseh abt it coz after all u are the one paying the bill). the nurses were so kind that they changed for me to 4bedded.. c-sec is to stay 3nights.. but i discharged aft my 2nd night..

my bill alr came up to $5K+ (inc baby nursery and gynae charge). in total i still come out with $1.7k.. hence if u are tight budget, i would suggest for 4bedded.

coz not all the time it's 4 patients in the room one.. that time i stayed onli me and another patient.. 2 person in the room. n lucky that the patient also c-sec. hence she oso move less n use toilet lesser..

HI T_T
thanks for sharing though this tread hasnt got much people commenting...

u mean can opt for 2 bedded and last min change to 4 bedded if emergency c-sect? isit very noisy when guests of another patient comes in?

do you feel awkward and lonely when your hubby is not with u at night? (i feel i do hence i wanted single ward)

was thinking if i could opt for 2 bedded..and if no complications, i change to single ward! like as per your case, if got complications, change to 4 bedded.

Hi Crystal

Sorry for the late reply.. hope im not too late.. =)

im not sure whether is it a procedure that the nurses will ask or jus happen that the nurses asked me.. if last min u are being asked to c-sec, u can ask the nurses "excuse me.. can i change from single bed to 2bedded? is it too late?"

ya.. if u haf budget then better than to more bedded. coz bo bao the whole room will be occupied. coz after i discharged, the other patient was all alone in the room. i would rather suffer the noise than to pay so much more as im not staying there for long term. jus a 2days event ma.. jus bear with it..

i am oso fine with sleeping alone when my hubby goes home.. coz i am too tire to think of anithing.. jus wanna sleep thru the night.. =)

FYI. The single rooms are in high demand. If you don't ask for it early, may not have cos there is usually a Q. I had to recover in a double-room after c-sec before transferring to a single room.

But I tot we can only ask for it upon registering at the hospital?
Since it is subject to availablity at that point of time?

I was forced to upgrade to deluxe 2 yrs bk.

Hi ladies, I will be choosing 2 bedder when I deliver next year march.
Went for Mt A maternity tour and found It to be very useful.

Tht I could book in advance but was told I can only book when I get admitted on the day of the delivery. But they did say that they have alot of 2 bedder and 4 bedder so there will not be any problem.

Just to let you ladies know..

Back