1 bedded @MAH -How much in total?

bebe

Hi!
I will be delivering in Jan 2006! Have opt for MAH. Anyone who hav any advices on how much it cost for the total hospital bill for 1 bedded cos I am a first time mom.
Any comments on the hospital to add on too?

I delivered there in june last year and stay in one bedder room, the bill came up to about $3800, i paid $2000 plus after deducting from CPF. Mine was normal delivery plus epidural.

I gave birth my 1st one on 3yrs old ago n the coming one will be due in Jan 06, same as u. Will be choosing MAH hospital agaon. U may view their web site n chk on their package. Per day to claim on medisave is $300(ward cum gynae)Additional $450 to claim on medisave but must keep your recepit which accumlate to $1000(if i not wrong on the amount)

Service is gd, need not to worry

So when is your due date?

Hi Bebe,

actualli not necessary to get a one bedded lo. waste of $$. just for that few days of comfort, not very worth it. its more practical to save up the $$ for ur bb. 4 bedded will do. MAH has got good service and the nurses there are very friendly and helpful too.

i went for 4 bedded when i gave birth in jan this year. i still take back my $300 cash deposit. my bill of $2.1K for myself n my bb fully deducted from medisave. dun have to pay out any cash during the hospitalisation. =) anyway, mine was normal delivery without epidural.

i will still be going back to MAH for my 2nd bb due next may. Do think abt it.

Hi Jo
But hubby cannot stay overnight other than the single bedded leh. I am afraid i may not be able to sleep at night so have to ask for hubby's companion....

Dear Ladies, for those who had their baby delivered in MAH.

Pls adv me which gynea you went to that gave u the referrals to MAH for delivery?

I've looked up the website of MAH to find there are a few privately owned gynea, any idea which Doctor is good?

Thank you

Hi vuyst

I delivered my boy in Oct'05 in MAH, by Dr Adrian Woodworth. Quite a nice & patient gynae.
He has 2 clinics - CCK & SengKang.
Where do you stay?
In Ang Mo Kio central, also got a gynae, quite famous one I heard. He can deliver in MAH too.

Hi vuyst
i delivered my girls in july04 & dec05.

both under the same gynae.
dr h k ho.
his clinic located @ mt a.

both deliveries, i stayed in one bedded room, can say that their service is v good...

*want to know the price, i had post last yr in one of the thread...*

dr ho last time he from KK.
quite experienced.

no need to take painkiller after birth...his stitches won hurt...

happy.gif

Dear Puea and Jeslyn

thank you for the replies.

I just moved to Ang Mo Kio and not know anything abt the famous gynae. If I do find out I will share with everyone; thanks for the info.

ah huh, okie thanks Jeslyn, will bear Dr Ho in mind, am a first time Mommy and intolerance to pain....

Hi JJ
I am seeing Dr Ho now as my gynae and so far he has been very good and friendly and his service is highly recommended. His nurses are also very nice people hee hee
happy.gif
But most important of all his recommended for his painless stitch. I have yet to give birth but have heard countless compliments about it. May want to try him out.

Hi JJ - my gal delivered by Dr Ho too. Very good and experience gynae. His stitch is good and my scar not ugly..not painful oso..hehe..i went thru c-section..oh yes..his nurses oso very nice pp..

vuyst, im also staying @ amk...
happy.gif

gg to MAH is very near...keke...

trust me..dr ho is very good, i will go back to him again if i have my 3rd bb...

hi all
-gave birth @ mt alvernia in july04.
this's the breakdown for my bill

hospital charges
normal delivery single bed (mother) - $740
bed charges @ $290 for 2day - $580
companion $65 per day - $130
nursing services charges - $110
pharmacy - $5

total hospital charges - $1,643.25

doctor's charges
attendance fee - $300
operation fee - $1,000
other fee - $65
total chargeable by doctor - $1,365

total charges - $3,008.25

less payment
deposit made to hospital - $1,000
Total payment to hospital - $1,000

estimated medisave claim for hospital - $736.02
estimated medisave claim for dr ho - $563.98

amt payable to doctor - $801.02

total payment - $3,101.02

still need to pay additional payment - $92.77

hospital charges for baby package - maternity
bed charges $45 for 2 days - $90
clinical consumable & supply - $17.10

total hospital charges - $280.46

doctor charges
attendance fee - $225

total charges - $505.46

estimated medisave claim for hospital - $280.46
estimated medisave claim for doctor - $100

total estimated medisave claim - $380.46

still need to pay balance of $125

total i tink is 4k-5k

hi vuyst,

yes... i totally agreed wif the rest. Dr HK HO is very experienced. His svs is excellent and his stitching skill is superd. No pain at all. some said after giving birth (natural) they can't pee or poo coz pain. but i gave birth last July (2005) and within the next morning I'm able to walk ard and felt no pain at all.

Jeslyn
so much to cover ah. I think i overlooked the baby's portion leh. Baby also have to pay for hospital stay ah.....ooooh must re calculate again.

Hi joyfulstar
My edd is 11 feb and my gynae is also Dr Ho. Your compliments of me made me feel even more safe in his hands hee hee :p Phew.

joyfulstar, ya, good, no pain...the next day after i give birth, i can poo already..hehe....no pain @ all...

Hi,
Just delivered at MAH in Feb 2006. Stayed in one-bedder, had a c-section under GA, bill came up to $5k plus. Nurses are GREAT GREAT GREAT. If u have a c-section, better for one-bedder. Need the privacy when u get out of bed the first time after op. NOT FUNNY and is a memorable experience but not a pleasant one.
My Gynea is Douglas Ong (Clinic at Bt Panjang n Mt Elisabeth Medical Centre). Really sweet guy and genuinely concern about his patients. My c-section wound is much shorter than my first one done at KKH. Could be becoz the first bb was huge...would recommend him to any mums-to-be.

Cheers

Hi YSL,

Just wanna chk it out w you, your total bill of 5k plus is after or before the medisave claimable? I thought C-section's package is around 3k+ and the medisave claimable is ardz 2k+... so how come ur total bill will add up to 5k+???
My Gynae is Dr Ong too! Hee.. i agreed that he is a very nice guy!

I'm going for normal delivery (single bedded).. but unsure how much will be the total cost..

littleger..

i'm goin for norm delivery (single bedded) also.. wondering how much mine gonna be..!

how much cash normally do we need to prepare ya?

btw littleger, wen r u due? me in early May.. ;)

hi simplyme,

The deposit for single bedded is 1K.. but the total bill sure will exceed this amt. I'm not too sure but i guess be prepare to fork out ard 2k for normal delivery (single bedded).

My edd is mid apr. Maybe i can let you know the breakdown of the bill after i deliver!! So your hubby going to stay overnight w u?

Hi littleger,

5K before medisave! y so ex? The package does not include doctor's fees when he visits u, anaesthetics fees, consumables like maternity towels. c-section usually more ex.

I am a US 14 - 16. Would u like to buy some of my maternity clothes? Or I too big 4 u
happy.gif

I really like our gynae. He is always handling tissue paper to me when I was in tears...
happy.gif

Ha ha miss him, now that I don't see him so often...

Cheers

YSL,

Hee.. i'm going to deliver soon so no need to get additional maternity clothes!

Huh? U feeling stressed during your pregnancy period?

Hi littleger,

Yah, had some problems...Gestational diabetes, work problems, hubby problems..MIL problems...my toddler was hospitalised...quite an eventful pregnancy I would say. But memorable and worth every 'pain'!

Cheers

hi littleger..

sorry for the super late reply..! heehee.. have u delivered..? mine is abt 2wks from now.. gosh! how time flies..!

hi all,

i gave birth to my 1st baby in MAH last March 1, 2006 under CS,staying in single bedded room. total bill for mom & baby came up to 5k++, less than 6k including medisave..

good day

littleger,

wow! congrats on the arrival of ur much awaited baby child!

am still waiting and waiting to 'pop'..
happy.gif

sorry to ask but how much cash did u pay..? deposit is 1k upon admission rite..? upon discharge hw much do u need to top up..?

urs is a normal delivery? no epi..?

simplyme,

thanks!! hee... i bet you must be very nervous and excited now!! Hope u have a smooth delivery!!

yup.. u have to pay 1k deposit upon admission. In the end, we were refunded 800+ after all the claims. So the actual cash we actually fork out is 100+ close to 200.

Mine is normal delivery w/o epi.

littleger..

wow! congrats! u manage to go thru it drug-free! i hope i cud do like urs..

yes, i am very excited & nervous as e day passes.. i can't wait to gaze & hold e baby in my hands.. ;)

wahh! not bad ya.. u were refunded quite alot! how was e service..?

how was ur labour..? any labour tips to share..?

Hi,

We juz got back from MT A few days back. Stayed in a 1-bedded there with my hubby as companion and after deduction from medisave, we had to fork out about 2k of cash in total. When ya juz admitted, you have to pay $1k up front as deposit.

hi sponge..! yeah.. was urs a natural birth?

i dun really quite understand on the different cash amt some has to pay.. while littleger was refunded 800+, how come sponge has to fork out bt 2K in cash..?
sad.gif

*blur me*

hi mommies,
now that i read tis email I recall I hv not received the cash 'refund from medisave' for prenatal charges. the meh cashier asked me to give her receipts of my prenatal consultations up to a particular amount and said CPF will send a cheque - is this true? did any of you get the cheque?

Hi simplyme,

cos littleger did not have epi so it was cheaper for her. Mine was assisted delivery with epi and i paid slightly over 1k. There was not enuff 1 bedder room for my first day so i stayed in 2 bedder for 1 day and move to 1 bedder on the 2nd day.

Cindy,
Haha.. same here! i opted for single bedded but all occupied.. so i was given the 2 bedded room.. but i never bother to move to the single bedded the next day.

hi Amz, I've received a cheque from my gynae of about $600+ after 1.5-2mths after delivering my boy at MAH which is the so called refund from medisave thingy.
It was supposed to be more but since mine was C-section, my gynae deducted another $400 from the cheque as the package I paid him initially was for natural birth.

Hi,

My edd is on 1st sept but im going for c-section..Jus wanna to check those having c-section, is the the wound very pain...
Im still pending whether to go for natural or c-section....can any1 advise me on tat?
Thanx ^^

hi Racheal,

Mine was c-section. Had opt for natural in the beginning but after hearing that bb's cord was round his neck two rounds, got so worry and gynae advise strongly for c-section.

Didn't go through the labour pain that can last till up to 1 day and labour was fast as bb was borned after 13mins after I was wheeled into the ops room but the healing time was longer for c-section.

Hi anymore updated pricing for MAH for 1 & 2 bedded? No questions about the service of the nurses there cos my 1st was born there too. Can't remember how much i paid. But want to get an updated pricing from those who recently stayed in 1 or 2 bedded. Am comparing cost. Thanks!!!

Piggymummy,

ok. Thanks for your info. Will call and fix a appt.

So Dr ho is yr friend's gynea.. Is he really good?

hi crazy,
ws told also that his skill was super... stiches not pain at all... will be delivering my first baby by him too...

Hi fen,

Heard alot of good comments abt him.. so when is yr baby due? by normal or c-section?

hehe..this is my 1st baby, not so sure abt the charges.. can the regarding chk up deduct thru medisave or how many % we can claim fm medisave..

Back