1 bedded in Thomson Medical

agneschan

Dear All,

I would like to check the pricing for 1 bedded for Thomson Medical as i will c-section to what i understand i have to ...
Please advise

Thanks
Agnes

hi all Mums to be,
:)
may i share with you where to get a protection (cover pregnancy complication & hospital care ) plan for ownself during pregnancy and also cover your new born ( congenital illnesses protecion ) right on the 1st day ?

the earliest for a new born to take up any Hospital or Life protection plan is 1 month old.
our new intersting plan cover right on the 1st day of delivered. hope to share with most of you. :)

i am Allen from AxA Life.
PM me if any one keen to know more. :)
[email protected]

I just delivered via c-section at TMC, took single premier ward. Dep was $3K. Top-up another $1200+ cash when discharged...

Hi joy,

I had just delivered on 16th feb and i'm staying at premier one bedded, total bill inclusive of Medisave is abt $9k. Like cranky, for cash portion we paid abt. $4.2k.

Just to let u noe, it's like everybody is taking the one bedded room, so I waited for the room for abt 3hrs n in d end I chose premier one bedded. The price difference is abt $100.

Hi Bluzcorner,

Can I knw how come ur bill was so expensive? Did u do C-section? I am trying for a baby now & would like to find out more information.

Thanks.

Hi to all,

Juz wonder ever u all hear before that gynae clinic itself collecting deposit juz to safe guard themself?

Hi Agnes,

deposit? wat u mean?

but usually TMC will collect a deposit when u do the admission. But clinic itself i hv not heard of.

Hi Bluzcorner,

I understand that i have to pay deposit in hospital. As my 1st child giving birth by Dr Lim as she no longer with TMC and currently she is in private clinic. I was quite surprise i wasnt told that i have to pay a deposit in the clinic and even though is a refundable...

Hi Jean,

yes at the clinic itself. The deposit is for the delivery fee. The reason being there are cases of patient not paying and uncontactable after delivery...

Hi Apple,

When I gave birth to my elder one, I actually stayed in a normal one bedded. If u r asking me wat's d diff between the 2, seriously besides the price, I do not really see any diff. I think premier one bedded got a fridge n computer bah, other than dat I really duno where is the diff.

Hi Apple,

When i give birth to my first child i didnt put any deposit at the clinic but this time round they insist i have to but i wasnt told at all in the first place until i call in and ask...

I feel very weird as my gynae still the same and i sure have to make full payment in hospital before discharge...

Although she change clinic but her nurse didnt tell us things properly if my hubby didnt call in we wont know we have to pay before giving birth 3 weeks...

Hi Bluzcorner,

Thanks for the infor. I stayed in the 1 bedded during my previous delivery as well. If I'm not wrong there is a fridge in the 1 bedded as well. So I guess other than the computer there is no difference.

I am afraid they may not have sufficient 1 bedded when I deliver so may consider upgrading if that is the case.

Hi bluzcorner - I wud like to ask more details abt ur recent bill at Tmc . Is d $9k inclusive of ur gynae delivery etc ? Was ur natural or c section? Dud Hubby stayover as well ? This info will b v useful as I will deliver In Tmc this oct n planning my budget

Hi
Just to share with you my delivery bill at TMC, just delivered last wed via emergency c-section.

Total (2 bills - one for mother, one for the baby) is 10.2k, charged for a 4-night stay at premier ward (though i paid for premier, i was given a deluxe suite... Free upgrade becoz no available ward). Bill includes companion stay, doctors' fees (gynae, PD, anesthetist) and hospital charges. In all, we paid about 5.3k cash and the rest is deducted using medisave.

Hope this info helps.

Hi bilt,

Mine is a c-section n yes include gynae fee everything Liao. My hubby stayed over but he onli took breakfast as they hv another charge if u wan hubby to hv dinner too. But I tink is onli a $10 diff.

Hi mommies,

Thanks for sharing! Emergency c-sec is really costly.

Anyone can share ur bill for normal delivery in 1 bedded at TMC?

What about pre-planned c-sec in 1 bedded at TMC?

I'm due in Jun and it seems like the prices are more expensive than last year. I'm considering to downgrade to 2 bedder or 4 bedder if I need to go for c-sec since my baby is measuring big currently.

hi sel,

mine is a pre-planned c sect.

i personally prefer 1 bedded as i wan my hubby to stay in. It is definitely more convenient as during d first day i can't get down from bed n with my hubby ard he really helps alot. N d other thing is i can hv my baby wif me round d clock. But then again, it's all personal preference.

This is my 2nd child n my 1st one i stayed 1 bedded as well n i hv to agree wif u dat there is a huge increase although is a 2yrs gap.

Hi Bluzcorner,

Thanks for sharing! It seems like I have to go thru c-sect too bcos of my low lying placenta. So to be safe I shld put aside S$4.5k cash if I'm opting for 1-bedded right?

Sounds like a lot of $$$, maybe I shld consider 4-bedded or 2-bedded instead. Wonder what's the difference in cash component?

Heard TMC gonna review their rates again in July...

anyone can share what is the costs for normal delivery with epi and assisted in 1 bedded? what is the cash component and medisave component?

i heard for 1 bedded husband stay-in, TMC will provide complimentary carpark which will otherwise set you back by another $300++!

According to the price my gynae gave me last week, 1 bedded normal with epi deposit is $2708. Max hospital medisave claim for hospital bill is $1400. Medisave claim for doc fee is $700.

Didn't know they provide complimentary carpark. Yay! I know Mt A does.

Hi nana, as wat my hubby told there is complementary car park leh. I was under c-sec but stay in 2 bedroom.
TMC conirm need review charges ma? Up or down? Arghh.. Im still thinking back to thomson for my 2nd 1.

Pinkie, i think the rate u mentioned is published online. But i understand that those online rates exclude quite a bit of stuff, so not a gd benchmark n indication.

Rates likely review upwards bah, seldom will have downward adjustment one leh..

The nurse in my gynae's office says to add 30% to quoted price to include ancillary items. that might be a better gauge.

Nana, who told u abt the price revision?

Pinkie, based on the MOH webbie, the Medisave Limits under the Medisave Maternity Package for normal delivery is only S$1,200.00. This is inclusive of pre-delivery expenses but excluding the bed charges. For bed charges, u can claim up to S$450.00 per day from Medisave.

Please read item 2 under Medisave Maternity Package - http://www.pqms.moh.gov.sg/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=2fN7e274RAp%2bbUzLdEL%2fmJu3ZDKARR3p5Nl92FNtJieo0FW6ZHqeC6UEOCGHgxTtabGJDLTim0FmgMAIHUPULy%2bMJ3%2f0fuqptorUJ%2b%2fb7MiVKpZYfySek2IJnFXEsvXJHXQyB1zWnLKz14P2TevpdzItcaAlFdXJ96HDFboxxdCBWm4%2ffvtRRr68cC3y9%2fUSzHehzDTOceQ%3d

so which doctor is gd in tmc.

my sis juz give birth 28/apr under doc hk ho at tmc. is horrible
not gentle n $$$ orientated doc. image my sis wemt 27/apr in tmc n nurse say the bb head gg dwn any time gg deliver.

doc came so how $3k u all going to pay or nt.
u wan natural or cas. my sis n her husband blur.

tomorrow is the deadline. today is 27/apr. doc say dun waste time n black face. pester them to $3k later nver cme n see n mia liao go bk.

my sis cry n husband blur then how. $3k put liao cant tke bk..
wat kind of doc is it?

nwaday, y is All these doc like tes. mreover, give birth is nt cheap n doctor is professional job but i heard it.. fAint.

another at tmc say this lady doc adeline wong nt bad..

any1 has recommended lady doc in tmc.
can u advise the procedure

Glad to be able to share Pinkie.

DonnaAlex, I'm seeing Dr LN Sim. This is my #1 so I can't comment much abt her stitching/delivery skills but I've heard good things abt her. Dr Sim looks a bit stern but she's quite friendly actually. So far so good! She's attentive to details and I think more conservative. Good for new parents to be like me who gets worried and concerned over every single thing. Plus, I have GD, low placenta placement and have been spotting on and off. So with the attention given I feel like I'm in safe hands.

Her pre-natal package was S$700.00 before GST from 14 weeks onwards which consist of the regular consultation, ultrasound, urine test, blood pressure and weight measurements. Unfortunately, she's not on the FBI list. Her staffs are professional and friendly. They will call to remind you of ur appointments. They will also gently remind you when and how much to deposit for her delivery booking before it is due. They are definitely not pushy like the Dr u described.

I'm due for a c-sect on the 30th of this month so maybe I can update again after my delivery. Happy searching ;)

Hi Sel,

Congra and happy for your sharing..

How every1 the preparation and is it very nerves ?

Really thankful for people like me is new .. after reading , realli need to know before planning and budget for a baby ,...

Hi Gals,

I have checked with my sistr that the doctor is from Mount Alvernia Level 2 - Dr H K Ho but not from TMC ..

THis doctor is not good .. Very $$ face ...

I'm see Dr Paul Tseng now. He came highly recommended, is warm and patient. I initially wanted a female gynae but swapped to him coz I didn't feel comfy with the lady doc I saw previously.
Dr Paul is pro-natural birth. Only drawback is that he does not have packages.

Sel: Congrats! It must be very exciting counting down the days to EDD now.
happy.gif

hi pinkie n sel
realli very thankful for u gals update.

congra.. any1 has already give birth to show us the bb picture. must be very cute...

how are you gal preparation ??

Donnaalex

E $3k is deposit for tmc or doc fee? Cos natural birth wont b so ex n normally doc will collect pyt thru hosp. Think even $3k for c sec for doc fee also a bit high. I also gave birth at tmc on 28 apr. 1 beded c sec n i pd deposit of $3k. End up i still have bal tat tmc nd to refund back to me.

ynby80

U meant your c-sect stay in tmc's 1 bedded cost only $3K cash in total w some balance to be refunded to u? Does it include the baby's bill as well?

Coz I seen most c-sect moms saying their bills are ard 4K-4.5K in cash.

i went for 1 bedded stay at Raffles hospital, within epidural..and cost me more than S$5k after deducting medisave

Autumn

Yup. My bill inculde bb. Total cash around $2700. I m surprise too. Total bill around $7k. Cos my #2 i gave birth in raffles 2yrs ago. 2 bedded n its around $9k plus with bb bill. Both also c sec.

hi dot,

yes, emergency c-sect more exp compared to scheduled c-sect cos u have to pay for the charges for normally delivery as well

Back