Is it alright to increase the no. of post?

shimmers

Im kinda new here and have been viewing many dos and donts. So my qns is... is it alright to increase the no. of post by posting nothing or posting smileys?
happy.gif

Hi shimmers,
for some of us, who wants to be updated via "E-mail Notification" for any new postings from a certain thread,
may put a "." or a "smiley" at the thread,
other than that, I would also like to know "Increase no. of postings for what purpose".
happy.gif

thanks leng leng for informing me..
happy.gif
coz im quite puzzled as to y u added . or smiley or one word comment in many threads... i think more than 65% of ur replies are all for the purpose of "email notification" thanks now i know.
happy.gif
coz i thought increasing posts by not really commenting is like what joanne said as spamming.. im not sure if there is any function that u can get updated automatically w/o the replies of dots and smiley. that would be more feasible.

shimmers,
there are so many informative topics here,
would like to know "1st hand" updates mah,
know more, learn more, share more.
happy.gif

I second shimmers' suggestion; there should be a way to bookmark and receive notification on threads, so that users don't need to use smileys, etc. Right now they don't have a choice.

Hope the webmasters can look into this, thanks!

I am one of those who put
happy.gif
so that my threads get 'updated' and stay on the top of the list (in WTE/WTB section).

There are things that I am looking to buy/exchange. When your threads move down the list, they get 'forgotten'. If they stay on top, they would catch the attention of readers.

I just want to reach my objective fast (i.e. to get done with the buying/exchange etc). Accumulating more posting thru this way is not my aim.

One thing I cant understand - why putting a
happy.gif
is considered spamming?

kooladonia,
go to "Profile", found on top of this page,
under "E-mail Notification",
click "Topics",
tick the thread that you want to follow.

HTHs,
Leng Leng
happy.gif

Back