MMI @ katong shopping centre

hi jamie,
i normally book via this travel agency as they have convenience of pick up from east side, bedok/tampines and north and west area. Usual genting coach leaves from golden mile area and that's abit far.

http://www.wtstravel.com.sg/home.html

i can't advise you on the hotel part as i normally stay first world.

smallbell
thanks for the travel agt recommendation. will check it out.
i heard 1st world is very small rite? maybe i check out the upgraded rooms 1st. thanks!

hi jamie,
yes, standard rooms in 1st world very small, the higher category rooms will be more spacious. But advantage of 1st world is close to the play area.

smallbell
yes their higher category room is more spacious but still only 1 queen bed, i need a king to accomodate my 2 kids & myself. so no choice left with either resort or theme pk hotel.

smallbell
thanks!
happy.gif

smallbell
just made a trip to golden mile this morning to enquire since there are quite a few agencies there doing genting. most likely will book thru grassland, staying in 1st world but hv booked for a higher category room.

hi mummies
wishing everyone a happy fabulous 2011
happy.gif

finally brought chloe to the dentist this morning. hv 2 teeth decay though, but she enjoyed the visit very much, thanks smallbell for your recommendation.

hi everyone, happy new year.

Hi Jamie, which dentist you went to? talking about dentist, i manage to get a sat slot at the elaine recommend HPB but i could not make it in nov 2010. Got to postpone till march this year. Can you believe it, waiting time is 4 mths just for an appointment.
sad.gif

smallbell
i went to gpa dental. price is definitely not cheap but i feel its worth it. did general cleaning/ polishing & fluoride treatment but only done 1 filling coz the dentist feel it may be too much for chloe's 1st visit, so will need to go back for another filling. the whole process is very pleasant & painless so chloe enjoyed herself.

wow 4 mths really long! sad to say, all government clinics waiting time are always super long
sad.gif

hi jamie,
glad that is pleasant for chloe. Actually after a few visits at GPA, you may like to change to a normal dentist. By then her fear is gone and will get used to the normal ones. The pricing of gpa is really too high.

smallbell
i'm staying at 1st world coz all the coaches stop at the terminal which is quite a distance away to other hotels. will be travelling with old folks & quite inconvenient for them to walk so no choice choose 1st world lor. hv booked for the bigger rooms so i hope its not tat bad.

Hi all, are your kids still in MMI Katong SC?
I am planning to enrol my boy when he reach 18months next Feb. Can I have some feedback. thank you.

Hi Joyce,
my children are still at MMI now. There are some changes in teachers lately, quite a few new teachers. The maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene very good. Every week parents need to bring back mattress to air in the sun and then return on the monday. For playgroup, they have alternate once a week waterplay.

Have you visited the school yet? Do bring your child along and see if he likes the place.

Hi Small Bell, thanks for your reply.
I have yet to visit the school. Will be going down this sat with my kid.

Oh they have waterplay. Is outdoor? i thought there is no place for outdoor.

How about the program? Is learn through play style right? Do you think your children benefit under MMI prog? I hope my boy can be happy learning.

Hi Joyce,
water play is indoor type, where they play water toys in a small tub of water. For outdoor play is seal up small section of the carpark or the small park next to SC.

The program is using the montessori materials so that helps in the development, language and counting skills also a plus point.

Hi everyone, I'm planning to enrolled my 3yr old and 2yr old in MMI Katong. Anybody still has their kids there? I''m not sure if it's really good.

Hi am also thinking of enrolling my 2yr old at MMI Katong. Any comments on the school?
Understand there is no outdoor activity now.
The only outdoor activity is the 4 field trips a year

Back