December 2017 mummies

I get hungry easily too.. but I didn't gain weight, in fact I lost almost 2kg in 1 week.. went to visit my gynae and he gave me mc to rest at home.. been having giddy spells very frequently too. Doesn't help that nobody is home to help me..
Walk slowly. Had some drink and food near yr bed to standby.

Do you all continue with yakult and yoghurt?

Feeling hungrier than usual and have this light headache in the mornings now..

Do you all continue with yakult and yoghurt?

Feeling hungrier than usual and have this light headache in the mornings now..
I still take yakult. But I will leave it out of the fridge for about 10 to 15mins before consuming cos it's not good to take very cold drinks or food during 1st trimester.

I having Greek yogurt every alternate day.. but I din defrost... I just eat them straight... erm cannot imagine yogurt not cold... also I have one stick of cheese every morning..

Oh ya... i need to ask... is there any food that we need to avoid or eat less during the first trimester...

I just heard from my friends (all having 2 kids each) that during their pregnancy they don't eat seafood like prawns and crabs...

As I haven pass the first trimester so I din tell them that I am pregnant.. we went to eat dancing crabs (just no crabs for us, only prawns, mussels and clams).

Can anyone share what we need to take note??

Oh ya... i need to ask... is there any food that we need to avoid or eat less during the first trimester...

I just heard from my friends (all having 2 kids each) that during their pregnancy they don't eat seafood like prawns and crabs...

As I haven pass the first trimester so I din tell them that I am pregnant.. we went to eat dancing crabs (just no crabs for us, only prawns, mussels and clams).

Can anyone share what we need to take note??
Most food are safe to consume except raw food like sashimi, soft boiled eggs, oysters, anything dat is raw or half raw. Just make sure the food is fully cooked before consume. And also it has to be pasteurized food for cheese and milk. Caffeine cut down. My gynae says 1 cup coffee a day is ok, not more then that.

I'm also still eating prawns. No more soft egg yolk in porridge and no more ya kun half boiled eggs :(

Recently feeling so hungry in the mornings. Luckily at night I feel less hungry. I eat wheat biscuits, bananas, yoghurt and prune when I'm hungry.

Opps was naughty had soft boiled eggs twice this week =/

My diet rule for now is avoid raw (e.g. sashimi, oysters - i did not consider soft boil eggs as raw haha but i think i should). The rest in moderation e.g. cold drinks - i wont take ice cold but i will drink occasionally abit of cold water. I still eat my prawns, protein and try to load up on fruits and veg. For personal reason i am avoiding sugar and reducing/avoiding carbs. Occasionally i will take cooling food - but thats cos i am heaty and i dont take alot so i personally feel it wont have a super great impact. Cooling food e.g. coconut water or liang cha.

My mum refuse to let me eat crab till 5mths she say.

My appetite for first trim is shit so i guess it helps that i dont feel like eating much stuff.

What's the reason for avoiding crab eating? I've read and found out it's safe to eat. The only reason I know is my mil says eat crab the baby will turned out to be "many hands" and "itchy hands" to keep u busy, cos crabs got many "hands" LOL. This is just a myth for me. You can check out the link below about crab seafood and pregnancy. Anyway I hardly eat crabs unless got family feast occassion.

http://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/crab-and-seafood

My spotting stopped appx.3-4 days after jab.
Hihi, may i know what jab is that?
Im nw encountering bleeding.. at first was doc thought iam 6wks plus but kkh could nt see anythin from scan, hence we went to private and was able to see a dot but the size was only 4wks as per doc advise.. now im having bleeding and i was so worried due to 1st pregnancy. :'( pls enlighten me if anyone encounter this.. could i be in the miscarriage case?:'(

Im nw encountering bleeding.. at first was doc thought iam 6wks plus but kkh could nt see anythin from scan, hence we went to private and was able to see a dot but the size was only 4wks as per doc advise.. now im having bleeding and i was so worried due to 1st pregnancy. :'( pls enlighten me if anyone encounter this.. could i be in the miscarriage case?:'(
@Daledale

Proluton jab.

What did the private doc advise u? To wait for another week?

If u are having bleeding, best to go gynae/A&E to get a jab.

Hi stay calm. I had another bleeding on fri went 24hr o&g for a 2nd hormones jab. It is my 2nd spotting red with clot so got worry and cab down. Saw my baby with heart beat still at week 7 but gync at o&g was saying faint heartbeat thou. Pray hard and my baby heartbeat is stronger by next appt. They increase my support meds to 3 times a day too. If bleeding or spotting safer to go back gync or o&g for followup.

Hello! Just tested positive and if all goes well, I will be expecting my second baby in Dec along with you mummies! Really hoping for a girl this time round as my firstborn is a boy!

Hello! Just tested positive and if all goes well, I will be expecting my second baby in Dec along with you mummies! Really hoping for a girl this time round as my firstborn is a boy!
Congrats! I'm also expecting my #2! #1 also boy but I'm happy with boy or girl!

Anyone still breastfeeding their #1? I'm still bfing but I feel like I have so little milk...

Congrats! I'm also expecting my #2! #1 also boy but I'm happy with boy or girl!

Anyone still breastfeeding their #1? I'm still bfing but I feel like I have so little milk...

Thanks! Congrats to you too! I have always dreamed of having a daughter lah. If girl, I will be very happy to close shop. If boy again, I think I might be under pressure to try again. Haha..any amount of bm is great for baby! Better check with your doctor if it's ok to bf when pregnant though!

Thanks! Congrats to you too! I have always dreamed of having a daughter lah. If girl, I will be very happy to close shop. If boy again, I think I might be under pressure to try again. Haha..any amount of bm is great for baby! Better check with your doctor if it's ok to bf when pregnant though!
Haha... For me is the opposite... #1 is a girl so hoping for a boy this time round... If still a girl, may not try anymore... Cost of living too high le...

Do u all cut hair when pregnant? So many superstitions going around. My hair is quite messy and out of shape already.

hi mummies

today i just tested positive through my blood test, if everything goes smooth i will be delivering in December base on google calculation.
I did a frozen embryo transfer currently still under ivf guidance.
just want to ask anyone here with NUH, any gynae to recommend? and what type of vitamin are you all taking?
me still taking blackmore gold conceive multivit

hi mummies

today i just tested positive through my blood test, if everything goes smooth i will be delivering in December base on google calculation.
just want to ask anyone here with NUH, any gynae to recommend? and what type of vitamin are you all taking?
Congrats!

For vits, for now can just take folic acid. Usually your gynae will advice u what others to take. For me, my gynae wants me to take folic acid, calcium and fish oil. He says dat study shows dat early intake of calcium during pregnancy might reduce the child autisum rate. And the fish oil he prescribes is good for breast milk.

Congrats!

For vits, for now can just take folic acid. Usually your gynae will advice u what others to take. For me, my gynae wants me to take folic acid, calcium and fish oil. He says dat study shows dat early intake of calcium during pregnancy might reduce the child autisum rate. And the fish oil he prescribes is good for breast milk.
i am taking isotonic calcium and blackmore conceive, think will change.... anyone taking the jab - proluton depot 2? i need to take weekly....zzzz

hi mummies

Congrats!!! Good to hear from another sister (IVF-er ) tested positive. I am also still under Prof Wong from NUH for the first trimester. I am also not sure if I can continue with my fish oil, Googled and found adverse benefits if taking fish oil during first trimester.. Kinda worried. I am also quite keen to know if there may be any gynea to recommend... Or rather I will wait to see who Prof would referred me to.

Can preg take isotonix? I have a few of it's products before bfp.. But now all stopped, dun dare to drink.. Is it OK?

Congrats!!! Good to hear from another sister (IVF-er ) tested positive. I am also still under Prof Wong from NUH for the first trimester. I am also not sure if I can continue with my fish oil, Googled and found adverse benefits if taking fish oil during first trimester.. Kinda worried. I am also quite keen to know if there may be any gynea to recommend... Or rather I will wait to see who Prof would referred me to.

may i ask your sharing of ur hcg level? as worry my too low for a healthy pregnancy as i totally got no symptom at all which worry me... when i first did my ivf for my son... i got all symptoms.
i only taking calcium... i got a few too... but i stop all before egg transfer

may i ask your sharing of ur hcg level? as worry my too low for a healthy pregnancy as i totally got no symptom at all which worry me... when i first did my ivf for my son... i got all symptoms.
i only taking calcium... i got a few too... but i stop all before egg transfer
I wish I could tell u more on my hcg level. I was tested bfp on 31 Mar with a level of 1.93 (that's way the nurse told me and she said it's clear indication that I am preg), since I had history to chemical pregnancy so I am worried so doc request I go back for another blood test the following Mon and result was 9. Something.. I also can't read the reading from what I tried to googled but was told it was a very good level.

My symptoms disappeared too... Kinda worried but I am still hoping for the best. Am scheduled for my 2nd scan tomorrow (7w6d).

I saw that symptoms come and go and am also trying not to read too much into it. Every pregnancy is different also.

I don't know what week I am now... But it my first blood test, guess week 4? My hcg as compare with @wishforbundldjoy is much better and also worry due to recently heard a lot couple went ivf and got empty happiness, I got scare.
Anyway, as compare to my first ivf, really getting more and more people going ivf... Which I thought was quite sad.

I don't know what week I am now... But it my first blood test, guess week 4? My hcg as compare with @wishforbundldjoy is much better and also worry due to recently heard a lot couple went ivf and got empty happiness, I got scare.
Anyway, as compare to my first ivf, really getting more and more people going ivf... Which I thought was quite sad.

I am also pregnant through ivf... I had many failed iui and one time failed ivf.. but this is getting more common as the work stress now all facing are great... so don't need to feel sad... as Long as whatever method can make you pregnant can le..

What is your hcg at week 4? Mine also high.. plus I implant 2 embryos... need to wait for the first doctor visit to know one or two..

Mine thru ivf too. Was glad i was successful on my first fresh.
KKH Blood test is so long above 250 is good. So don't be too worry.

This is my first frozen cycle... My last fresh cycle was in Oct/Nov and fail.
My first ivf was back in 2012 and I got my son but no balance eggs, at least this time i got

I input 2 and test 529 for my hcg, consider high?

The injection on my butt is so painful till my leg also feel Pain Zzzz.....

My first ivf was back in 2012 and I got my son but no balance eggs, at least this time i got

Should be ok so long above 250.
Above 1k heard might be risk of twin etc.

I felt pain on the butt too...it's like kena boxed on the butt for a long period of time. I told my doc.. He say I could try to rub the area gently in circular motion so to spread the medicine a little. After all the injection is in oily form; needs a little rubbing area the area to distribute the med. The nurse told me this is quite individual but no harm trying. It works for me though.

I'm gonna close shop no matter boy or girl. MS is so horrible and I don't think I wanna go through another round of pregnancy, it's soooooo tiring!

I forgot to check with the gynae the last time but i'll be checking again for the nx appt! My #1 doesn't want to wean!

Do u all cut hair when pregnant? So many superstitions going around. My hair is quite messy and out of shape already.

I just cut and dyed my hair. Did so a couple of times during first pregnancy too. I haven't heard anyone not cutting their hair during pregnancy...

hi all. this is my 1st time on this SMH forum. I'm in my 1st trimester (4 weeks+) anyone can suggest when is a good time to look for a confinement lady and any good recommendation. :)

Back