Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Happy Lunar new year all folks!

Just did my post natal (ya 9mo liao still post natal cos my appt was changed 3 times automatic by kkh) check w Dr THH this morning....

Brought my bb w me n Dr commented bb look like mummy (although my hubby self claim tt bb look like him more ...haha)..
I hv 1 frozen left n Dr encouraged to try as he said jus try hv den hv no den nvm also which I also sort of agreed with him. ..

Actually quite confirm I don't wan try for the frozen cycle as I tot will be satisfied with 1 child n am 39 yo le..but looking at bb growing up such a fast rate make me miss nb stage ..haha...

What is u all take on this?

Just did my post natal (ya 9mo liao still post natal cos my appt was changed 3 times automatic by kkh) check w Dr THH this morning....

Brought my bb w me n Dr commented bb look like mummy (although my hubby self claim tt bb look like him more ...haha)..
I hv 1 frozen left n Dr encouraged to try as he said jus try hv den hv no den nvm also which I also sort of agreed with him. ..

Actually quite confirm I don't wan try for the frozen cycle as I tot will be satisfied with 1 child n am 39 yo le..but looking at bb growing up such a fast rate make me miss nb stage ..haha...

Just try lor no harm right

Happy New Year babe!

My take on this, cos I'm facing the same dilemma, is that it ultimately depends on whether u are ok with the idea of 2 kids. If u are ok, then I say go for it and leave it to fate. Rather than discard the embryo. After all this embryo has come so far, give it a chance. Unless u are v opposed to the idea of having a #2 la.

For me I have 3 more frozen embryos. I'm super contented to have my 2 kids now, n on some days when they are both fussing I can't imagine adding a #3 to the chaos. But now n then I can't help but think I want to give my 3 embbies a shot, blast them n transfer the best looking one, n leave it to fate if I'm blessed with a 3rd. The thought of having to go through the whole process of 2ww, scans, worries n anxiety abt how the fetus is growing, n then when the bb is out, to start the newborn care all over again, is v v daunting, but I know these tough moments will pass, n I will get immeasurable amount of joy as I watch my child go thru his/her milestones in life. So, as of now, I'm inclined to go for it when my #2 turns one. I'm also 39 this year.

Whatever your decision, as long as u are at peace with the decision, then it's the right decision. :)

It's very THH to ask to try again and use all in the fridge coz the embryos are lives. I was in the same predicament. When i went for my post natal review, he asked the same thing. I thought why not since i m trying for a pink. So in Nov, i went for FET and blast 7 out of 12 frozen. 1 of the 7 was apparently developing much faster and was already a blast at D4. So yeah, i transferred and now preggy with #3.

Go give it a shot. You won't know if this is another golden embryo and you can close shop if the embryo sticks. If not, then ponder if you still 12 try despite reaching 39. If you want, dun give up unless it will overstretched your finances. Give it a good thought.

So yeah, i transferred and now preggy with #3.

Go give it a shot. You won't know if this is another golden embryo and you can close shop if the embryo sticks. If not, then ponder if you still 12 try despite reaching 39. If you want, dun give up unless it will overstretched your finances. Give it a good thought.

Congratulation ! :)

Thanks for the advise...gg give to ponder n think carefully on what u all hv mentioned....

So, as of now, I'm inclined to go for it when my #2 turns one. I'm also 39 this year.

Whatever your decision, as long as u are at peace with the decision, then it's the right decision. :)

Wow u practically speak all my tots n worries out on whether tor go for it or not....

I really dread the 2ww wait,anxiety n scare tt bb will be healthy or not during preg n etc. ...furthermore I given birth to preemie n I read some where having another preemie is quite a high chance again. ..

Thanks for u all advise. ..I will give a hard ponder should I go ahead or not although is just 1 frozen

furthermore I given birth to preemie n I read some where having another preemie is quite a high chance again. .
Actually not quite true. My #1 was a preemie n THH said my #2 could be a preemie too. But i managed to hold till 37 weeks before i induce (my choice coz i could barely walk). I was already 5cm dilated by then. But if u r concerned, THH will check the cervical length. If short (usually will result in preemie), he will arrange to "stitch" till nearer to EDD. He is doing the check for me soon.

It's very THH to ask to try again and use all in the fridge coz the embryos are lives. I was in the same predicament. When i went for my post natal review, he asked the same thing. I thought why not since i m trying for a pink. So in Nov, i went for FET and blast 7 out of 12 frozen. 1 of the 7 was apparently developing much faster and was already a blast at D4. So yeah, i transferred and now preggy with #3.

Congrats again babe! Wow u have so many frozen embryos So do U know which team u are on yet?

Happy Lunar New Year too!!

Haha! I'm also gona see Dr Handsome next sat! 8mths after my last post natal review. KKH also cock up my appointment.

IMHO, I feel that it'll be nice for your child to have a sibling. But yes, there are realistic factors to consider in terms of emotional, physical and financial status. Do have a good thought and discuss with your hubby. Importantly, not to have any regrets. :)

Congrats babe!!! Smooth pregnancy ahead! But wow! 3 kids is no joke!!! 2 is already a handful! hahaha...

Actually not quite true. My #1 was a preemie n THH said my #2 could be a preemie too. But i managed to hold till 37 weeks before i induce (my choice coz i could barely walk). I was already 5cm dilated by then. But if u r concerned, THH will check the cervical length. If short (usually will result in preemie), he will arrange to "stitch" till nearer to EDD. He is doing the check for me soon.
Congrats. Nos.3 hurray

Heh, I am also stuck in the "should try or should not try" situation. My #2 is coming to 6 months and currently we are very sticky to each other. My hubs and I wanted a pink so we have fixed an appointment with THH this coming May. Why I am having 2 minds, cos I am not able to bf my #2 if I were to embark on the jabs and all and in the event if it's good news, I am not able to carry him around like what I am doing right now :(

If I don't try, I will never have a pink (though it's 50-50 chance) and if I drag any longer, we are drifting away from the pink dream :/

Sians.

Mine will be a fresh cycle though. My take is, if you have one frozen embryo in the freezer, you may want to give it a shot. This could be the embryo waiting for you to breathe life into him/her.

Heh, I am also stuck in the "should try or should not try" situation. My #2 is coming to 6 months and currently we are very sticky to each other. My hubs and I wanted a pink so we have fixed an appointment with THH this coming May. Why I am having 2 minds, cos I am not able to bf my #2 if I were to embark on the jabs and all and in the event if it's good news, I am not able to carry him around like what I am doing right now :(

If I don't try, I will never have a pink (though it's 50-50 chance) and if I drag any longer, we are drifting away from the pink dream :/

Sians.

Mine will be a fresh cycle though. My take is, if you have one frozen embryo in the freezer, you may want to give it a shot. This could be the embryo waiting for you to breathe life into him/her.

Wooohoo!! Jia You @towkayneo !!! May the Pink Force be with You!!!

Sians.

Make appt first decide later n if need to push the date later to start. Two is a handful too once they start to crawl n climb all over the place.

Sians.

If u may consider 3, then go for it.
I carried my 8 mth old throughout 2ww and pregnancy so I wld say it is ok to carry as long as u do not have complications. THH did ask me to stop carrying as I had some bleeding in first tri but seriously, how to not carry when u are a sahm.
Alternatively mb u try when #2 is older and does not need so much carrying...

For bf, no choice must stop...

@Tsum_tsum
It is really down to whether u wld mind having 2 kids. I do think 39 yr old is alright for kids! (U make urself sound like so old like tt!). But will u be able to handle 2 young kids and wld it cause a big change to ur desired lifestyle now?

The reason why i feel it is impt to ask urself this qn is cos i was in a somewhat different situation where i trf 2 embryos and both implanted. At first, my take was, have then have lor. But when I was confronted with the possibility of twins, it was really quite stressful and upsetting. Though one didn't make it in the end, the lesson was that u really must be able to accept all possible choices.

So, mb talk to ur hubby and hope u make the best choice for both of u...

Personally I don't regret having #2 :) it is very sweet to see ur kids play tog.

Haha i guess I am the only one THH say just close shop la... :p

Make appt first decide later n if need to push the date later to start. Two is a handful too once they start to crawl n climb all over the place.
I tot so too..ironically, my appointment with THH was August, but we changed it to May :p
My hubs lo...he kept saying that my eggs are ageing rapidly every month, have to speed up. I was telling him, wa, you treat me like your descendant churning machine ah?

If u may consider 3, then go for it.
I carried my 8 mth old throughout 2ww and pregnancy so I wld say it is ok to carry as long as u do not have complications. THH did ask me to stop carrying as I had some bleeding in first tri but seriously, how to not carry when u are a sahm.
Alternatively mb u try when #2 is older and does not need so much carrying...

For bf, no choice must stop...
True lo, how not to carry when the kid is still so young! I remember you having bleeding in the early days and we were advising you to go for jabs, rest etc...time flies, the baby is out.

I carried my 8 mth old throughout 2ww and pregnancy so I wld say it is ok to carry as long as u do not have complications...

Oh u hv ur #2 when ur #1 is only 8mo? U r really a very strong n able mum I must say *thumb up *..

I am a SAHM (w/o any help w my bb) n I find it totally n completely tiring for me to cope with a 9mo. ..i sort of find myself totally cut off from the outside world as my whole day revolve around feeding,prep bb meal,bathing & etc ....den wait for hubby to be back
..do enjoys spending quality times w bb but can b monotonous at times .....

Last edited:
Oh u hv ur #2 when ur #1 is only 8mo? U r really a very strong n able mum I must say *thumb up *..

I am a SAHM (w/o any help w my bb) n I find it totally n completely tiring for me to cope with a 9mo. ..i sort of find myself totally cut off from the outside world as my whole day revolve around feeding,prep bb meal,bathing & etc ....den wait for hubby to be back
..do enjoys spending quality times w bb but can b monotonous at times .....
Yup can understand... Every day will be quite routine. Mb try to get out of the house... Go sightseeing/shopping with ur bb? At that age u can take bb out to places u want to visit cos they like to go out too :)
Actually qt a lot of mummies here do 2nd trf when 1st bb is abt 1-2 yr old, so it is quite common. The circumstances for me is a bit different, wld also have liked to wait a bit longer as it is shiong with 2 so young. It will be similar for u, shd u decide to trf this yr... But gd thing is, u will have many things to share and pass down to #2 since they will still be in gd condition.

@Tsum_tsum
It is really down to whether u wld mind having 2 kids. I do think 39 yr old is alright for kids! (U make urself sound like so old like tt!). But will u be able to handle 2 young kids and wld it cause a big change to ur desired lifestyle now?

The reason why i feel it is impt to ask urself this qn is cos i was in a somewhat different situation where i trf 2 embryos and both implanted. At first, my take was, have then have lor. But when I was confronted with the possibility of twins, it was really quite stressful and upsetting. Though one didn't make it in the end, the lesson was that u really must be able to accept all possible choices.

So, mb talk to ur hubby and hope u make the best choice for both of u...

Personally I don't regret having #2 :) it is very sweet to see ur kids play tog.

Haha i guess I am the only one THH say just close shop la... :p
u not the only one. THH also say that to me.

So happy to see Dr Handsome again today after 8 months! Well, he didn't ask me to close shop but did ask us to consider if we want to have a 3rd child, but not to consider now but maybe 2 years later. But if we are very sure that if we don't want a 3rd child, he suggests that we still keep the embryos (I still have 2 frozen) for another couple of years till everything is more stabilized first. And he ended up advising me not to feed my kids with junk food and don't overfeed my boy coz he's actually a little overweight. Well, I didn't feed junk food but I'm guilty of feeding him whatever the sis's can't finish :p. So today feels like a seeing a PD instead of gyne coz he ended up explaining to me about baby's body fats and mass Haha

So happy to see Dr Handsome again today after 8 months! Well, he didn't ask me to close shop but did ask us to consider if we want to have a 3rd child, but not to consider now but maybe 2 years later. But if we are very sure that if we don't want a 3rd child, he suggests that we still keep the embryos (I still have 2 frozen) for another couple of years till everything is more stabilized first. And he ended up advising me not to feed my kids with junk food and don't overfeed my boy coz he's actually a little overweight. Well, I didn't feed junk food but I'm guilty of feeding him whatever the sis's can't finish :p. So today feels like a seeing a PD instead of gyne coz he ended up explaining to me about baby's body fats and mass Haha
I tell you, if he doubles up as a PD, many of us will tag with him lo! your boy's weight is in which percentile?

Sians.

Go for it!! My #3 is a girl after 2 boys!!

Hi hi all mummies !

Been a year since I last logged in! And from the look of last posted date seems like all must hv swtich to FB ?

Not sure if anyone will reply but.....HOW R U ALL MUMMIES ?

Wishing all a late but Happy New Year 2018!

Have not been logging in lately as I've been really moody dealing with very bad tailbone pain till I teared, itchy rashes all over my body and piles! But glad that these few days everything is slightly better though the rashes are still all over and very itchy. Doc don't think it's due to allergy and he also sent me to take BT to check if there's any liver issues that might cause this. He's confident it's due to preg hormones and nothing serious. I've also done my detailed scan. Happy to have a boy-girl twin. However, my bb girl's heart was detected with abnormalities. Apparently, there's some vessels backflow. But all other things are ok. Dr Tan HH was unable to review my results as he was away for meeting. But the ADC doc told me it could be because it's still pretty early for her development and I'll need to go for another scan in 4 weeks time to see if it resolves by itself. I just sob uncontrollably when I heard that but he told me not to worry too much and still ask me to enjoy the CNY holidays! *faints* Like seriously!!??? How to enjoy when u hear such things??....Cried the whole day but I know I have to pick myself up and talk to my little girl constantly to hang on there and pray really hard. Anyone heard of such similar cases and went on to have a healthy bb?
hi milo girl. did detailed scan n dr say 2 heart valves has issue. how are you and baby?

Back