IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,

Can i ask if anyone knows why is mercilon (birth control) pill given before fet cycle starts? What is the purpose of the birth control pill? Not very comfortable with taking it heard will decrease response to future stimulants. Can just take prognova?
It's to regulate your ovary and follicle so they won't be active. In medicated cycle you do not want to ovulate, they prime the follicles so they can start you the next cycle to receive the embryo. Every hospital has different protocol even doc within the same hosp has different protocol at times.

Do you feel now Prof is now more friendly?? Back in 2012 I remembered him as quiet and won't talk or greet much... This year he even start a small talk and ask how am I haaaaa
Hahaha I started seeing him only 2016, he will greet and tell you the facts, not those super friendly and talkative kind but that's his character, if you have question and ask politely and not like accusing or impolite he usually answers most of them. Of course do filter what you want to ask, he has an busy schedule and he doesn't like to run late. That's what I like about him, waiting time is minimal, only occasionally runs late. He doesn't do delivery hence he won't have to rush away and keep you waited for 2-4 hours like other gynae.

Dr Chew is now the head of CHR NUH... not sure why Prof step down. Maybe that's why his mood not so good that day?
I think the head thing is a rotation one, cannot be always the same person. Then it is fair for people in your department to have he leadership role and groom the younger generations also.

Prof is a very good doc and at first I m not use to the way that he don't really talk but he is very professional :)
I always like that he starts at 8 am, usually not long wait. I ever waited for other gynae there the whole day cos she has to go for delivery. And he will say sorry if he sees you late

Hahaha I started seeing him only 2016, he will greet and tell you the facts, not those super friendly and talkative kind but that's his character, if you have question and ask politely and not like accusing or impolite he usually answers most of them. Of course do filter what you want to ask, he has an busy schedule and he doesn't like to run late. That's what I like about him, waiting time is minimal, only occasionally runs late. He doesn't do delivery hence he won't have to rush away and keep you waited for 2-4 hours like other gynae.
Yah he was late for my first appointment with him and he apologised. He was friendly at 1st appointment in fact. Just dont know why on the 2nd and 3rd appts his moods not very good. I never dare to challenge or be impolite to any doctors. On the fateful 3rd appointment i didnt challenge him or sound impolite and just asked him one very simple question on any option to help ovulation if i still choose natural fet. I asked him with a smile but he wasnt very patient. Maybe he in a rush or wasnt in good moods that week. Well doctors are human they have their moods also.

I always like that he starts at 8 am, usually not long wait. I ever waited for other gynae there the whole day cos she has to go for delivery. And he will say sorry if he sees you late

He don't believe anything on Google, I asked him before about endo scratch and he says Google does not have medical proof haha... since then I know that I will just leave it to him and don't ask those questions, he will know what is best for us. I am 12 weeks pregnant n first time ivf did by prof.

Hello! Baby dust to all who are trying to get pregnant! Am pregnant again through ivf and am currently 4 weeks pregnant. My doctor wants to do a scan at week 5 to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy and another scan at week 6/7 to check for heartbeat. Do you think it's ok if I request to skip the scan at week 5 and just do a scan at week 6/7 to check for heartbeat? The risks of ectopic pregnancies are after all very low..it should be ok to take that little bit of risk, right?

Hello! Baby dust to all who are trying to get pregnant! Am pregnant again through ivf and am currently 4 weeks pregnant. My doctor wants to do a scan at week 5 to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy and another scan at week 6/7 to check for heartbeat. Do you think it's ok if I request to skip the scan at week 5 and just do a scan at week 6/7 to check for heartbeat? The risks of ectopic pregnancies are after all very low..it should be ok to take that little bit of risk, right?
Congratulations to u sister

Since u preg before u should know what's best for u

Can I check what time u started the duphaston and what time is your et? Ya the duphaston is 3x a day to be spread out. But the starting time I read should be the day 16 or 3 days before the et but none said if the trf time is afternoon then pill taken at night.

In my case, pill taking timing doesn't relate to the ET timing..

He don't believe anything on Google, I asked him before about endo scratch and he says Google does not have medical proof haha... since then I know that I will just leave it to him and don't ask those questions, he will know what is best for us. I am 12 weeks pregnant n first time ivf did by prof.
I was tempted to ask him. I heard Dr Chew's patient has endo scratch usually. Not sure is that's true

HI ladies, just like to find out if anyone has done a fibroid removal surgery before and are waiting for IVF, or have successfully conceived in the past? Like to find out how long should the rest time be, and whether there are success cases of conception after fibroid removal. At a crossroads on whether should go through a big surgery like this kind, before my next IVF. Thanks

Hi finesse9702.. I removed multiple fibroids last month through laparoscopy. Did hysteroscopy at the same time and removed some polyps which was never detected on scans. Can reach out to me if you have any specific queries.

Hi ladies, today is my 3dp5dt, 1st FET. Transferred 2 blast of each 1 expanded 1 collapsed. Not sure what it means. But I've been having diarrhoe since the transfer. Anyone experience the same thing? And i dont experienced any frquent urination unlike my last fresh cycle in Nov.
Hi...hv u done yr beta?

Talking abt Dr Tan kian seng, my body is getting so heaty after he show hand all his chinese medicine to make my body stronger. Throat going to explode, neck area feel sandy sandy, bad breath that no amount of water could help and i finally finally going to have my frozen transfer tmr. I need all the luck in the universe!

Talking abt Dr Tan kian seng, my body is getting so heaty after he show hand all his chinese medicine to make my body stronger. Throat going to explode, neck area feel sandy sandy, bad breath that no amount of water could help and i finally finally going to have my frozen transfer tmr. I need all the luck in the universe!

so u taking his an tai medicine during 2ww?

so u taking his an tai medicine during 2ww?
Initially i was struggling also, and ladies here had mixed experiences, some bfped some bfned, on top of it hubby is not supportive. However, i think i will go ahead with the an tai yao becoz 1st fresh also bfn when i didn't. I realised that i don't look so haggard as before after his medicine these few months. Finger crossed.

Back