True Story of a real case of how I fell

DunGiveUpSelf

Hi I'm initially hesitant to share my side of story, since most are ladies but I notice there are guys here as well. I wanna share this story, so that guys here, don't

make the same mistake as me.
-----------------------------------------------
<part 1> how it began...
i'm married for abt 5yrs, i'm the typical boring normal guy. Work, come home, play computer games then sleep. I don't drink, go out late nights, no gamble or smoke.
while she is the more outgoing kind, she likes to go out with friends, even when she's home, most of the time she's either on her drama or on phone with her friends(close door in another room). in terms of look, average looking.

initially, all was good. No problems and all, then it started where she starts to take high MC count for work, for next few years, she's in and out of job. It got so serious that she went MIA one day for the job and I had to take leave, went down and talked to the HR mgr and pay a 4 digit penalty as she signed a contract.
During this time, I tried to be there as much as I could, a few times I followed her to clinics, hospitals, chinese treatment. None really helped, she just continues to be absent from work and in and out of job. It has caused alot of financial stress for me and I begin to really wonder if she's really sick or not, because there are many times I come home and she looks normal and just watches drama. Many times talking with her and reasoning with her would end up qurreling and she'll just flee to her parents house to avoid conversation with me. I had raised my voice before but I make it a point to change myself, after abt 2 yrs. I never raised my voice ever to
her again.

So fast forward this year and last year....I really did try...i changed myself for her in hope that she'll change for me. I had not raised my voice, lose my temper, cut down on computer games. I had hope to spend more time with her, it seem to have gotten worse and she just talk to her friends on phone even more and more tv dramas. To be fair to her, she did change also at least she's consistently working now, but seemed to be work related stress. she gained weight and less physically appealing to me now. I did bring it up to her, but she just simply ignores me and claims I complain too much. I feel hurt that she still remains mostly unchanged and I just do not know how to deal with her anymore, to prevent myself from getting hurt by her, I made a choice to shut my feelings, pay less attention to her, so that I won't feel disappointed by her again. In her defence, she said that I simply love money too much and didn't care about her wellbeing, but she always spend more than what she earns...if we keep up like that, we don't have savings and we can't survive....

In the end, i simply just gave up on her, if she can't change, of course i won't twist her arm and force her to change, i'll let her be and she's free to do what she wants. I begin to spend more time on myself, less time for her. I still have dinner with her and come back before 11pm to sleep. and that's about it. Little did I know my heart was already so disappointed, it had died without me noticing.
During these 5yrs...i made my own sacrifices for her, changed for her, maintained faithful to her. All I ask is for her to appreciate me and love me for who I am....she just don't...or maybe I don't feel appreciated enough. It was one day I told her, "You know woman in my office dress very sexy, can you like pay more attention to me? and try keep me and protect me?" I don't really remember what response she gave, I think she just ignored me. I was really so disappointed by her
response, it's like i'm hers, and she's not even bothering to keep me, and just let me be a meat out there, free for anyone to grab. It just stabs me further in my already hurting heart and I'm just so disappointed, I didn't know what to do....
Things just continue to go downhill, few mths back beofre the above incident, She emptied our joint account (few k) went to overseas with her friends(without me). only informing me after she bought the air ticket. Of couse I know money could be earned back....but there are days I really cut back on luxury food just to drop few more bucks into that joint account....and she just blew it....like that. Her response was "I'll put it back" but it's just like 100 a mth, going to take years to put back the same amount...I mean can't she see the sacrifice I made to build OUR joint account? and I made it a point not to spend on anything unncessary! not even expensive
restaurants on myself!
my heart is just pounded again with another disappointment, on my end i feel she's turning a blind eye, on her end, she just thinks I love money alot. Everything at this moment still going on as per normal, still go on dinner together, movie dates, just that for me, I no longer did it out of love for her, probably as a husband duty.

<part 2> common ground
seeking a place of refuge for my heart, I returned back to gaming, where I was outdoors much more often, most of time coming back before 12am and very rarely after 12. It was in this game, I met a small grp of friends. it's both a mix of guys and gals, i maintained a pure professional relationship with them. One day, i had indirectly caused one of the lady got into trouble with her husband, because she was out gaming with us and late by 30mins to deliver food back. The husband banned her as a result, I felt really bad about that incident and tried to made it up to her by helping her(together with others) in-game stuff while she is banned from the game, so
that she's not too far behind the game. all was well for the next few mths and eventually she would meet me up to game together, we do enjoy each other company and talk often. There were times I made it a point avoid her, cos we are both married and need to be aware not to be so close to her. Of course, it eventually ended up where I tried to avoid her more and more and I started to develop a liking for her. both of us still keep our relationship purely professional, unaware of each other deeper intention.as our friendship grew closer, i eventually trusted her and told her about my current marriage problems. She too, told me about her side of marriage problem. It's from there we found alot of common ground in each other, where our better half ignored and neglected our needs. Her husband was controlling, verbally abusive, throwing almost everything for her to do, angry for no reason(ie scolded her for walking too fast), walked out on her a number of occasions for no reason, even forced her to abort recently because he didn't trust the child belongs to him. All the while, She had suppressed her emotions, tell others she's fine, she had intended to leave but was financially dependent on him. I was thinking on my end, what a jerk he was and she's better off without him, except for finances part.
This point on, our meetup became much more often and eventually i started to believe myself i could be the 'one' for her since her husband failed to do so. I started to prepare financial plans, ensure i'm able to take care of her plus her 2 kids, and finance both our divorce. And since my wife didn't appreciate and every efforts i made means 'nothing' to her, I thought she'll be better off with someone else.
So over next 1 mth, we spend plenty of times together, i had moved out to live with my parents away from my wife, while her husband just continued with his verbal abuses to her, making her less willing to stay home longer. Needless to say we fell deeply in love for each other because both our hurting heart. And I told her we'll make our plans and i'll take care of her plus her 2 kids.

<Part 3> Busted
Eventually, her husband found out and tracked her via find my phone. And found her husband waiting for her when she came back. She txted me and I knew, the time has come. The husband has demanded to talk to me the next day. I agreed and the 3 of us metup and talked. Throughout the conversation, he's still blaming her and not aware nor sorry for the verbal abuse he had put her through. He thinks he's really very great because of the things he had put up with her. So I thought, ok, all the better. I could take her anytime then. since they can't still see eye to eye. So we agreed to settle on going seperate ways and I can continue to date her.
Just when I thought finally all is well and over.....the shocking part came.....few hrs later in the afternoon, she txted me saying "He broke down and cried, and she's giving him another chance again" there are more details in this, but I don't think its necessary to include that. I really really completely trusted her (weak pt of scorpio), made plans for her and her kids so that they'll be taken care of, had enough cash flow for our wedding, lawyers and our new home. @ the same time arranging divorce on my end to show here i'm serious and sincere. I had also told her that I knew he was going to beg down and cry, I had warned her abt it. She just said she
felt pity for him. So I thought, ok. lick my wounds, collect my dust and conclude the story and settle my side of things as well.

Last edited:

<part 4>from the devil to angel
over the next few days, she txted me saying how things are going. While her husband is emotionally unstable at times, there was a huge incredible change. From ignoring things to being helpful all the time, from being nasty in words to nice words, from throwing everything to her to do , to always help her to do, from being stuck at computer games all the time to finally going out to find a job, from controlling to give her free reign over whatever she wants to do. from ignoring her in-laws to suddenly friendly towards them. It's obvious, the more she told me of this, the more devastated I am. Instead of being the 'one' for her, i became the catalyst for change for my rival. That's the worst nightmare that could have happened to me, now how can I win her back? I was naive and thought I had won. shocking at now all the tables flipped against me. As if the worst wasn't over, she told me - whatever things he's doing for him now, she feels nothing. But she tells me she feel incredibly hurt in her heart whenever she feels i'm leaving him.

<part 5>back again...and my side of things
I know what I should have left by then, each time i met up with her and she cries out of her heart. I just feel so much for her. I know my logical mind is telling me is get out immediately, don't fall for it again. but....my heart just doesn't want to listen. I'm feel so incredibly stupid to believe her again, yet I'm just not firm or harsh enough to make the cut. She said give her time until few more mths later and she'll decide on who to choose..... from what I see(maybe I'm blind) she still loves me, cries in front of me when she says she feels so strongly for me, made muffins for me, made soup for me......if she could, she could hurt me much more but she didn't......I'm just confused right now.....
So what's happening on my end then? met up with my wife so far 2 times, the 1st time was to initiate divorce and she agreed to it since we agree that we cannot 'stand' each other character & attitude. Her side of the family went to stir s*** and wanted 100% ownership of the house, when I told them I just wanted by CPF back. which they cannot agree upon. Maybe I was harsh in the 1st time, so I met my wife again the 2nd time, this time I play much more of a listening ear and hear her complains abt me, not all are true and some I corrected her. What I can see from her end is....she doesn't seem to feel sad at all....I was sad when I see her like this...I thought she might still feel even a little for me....I could have held back my hand.......but if she doesn't....then what's the point....really? We both went back our respective parents place after that, at that time I'm willing to give up 100% ownership of the house to her, i'll just collect back 10k rental over the period of 1 year. Yah, I know I'm really stupid to do that, now I'm beginning to regret it. So right now, I'm just waiting for the dad to finalize t & c and we'll proceed......I'm still thinking whether I should still give up 100% ownership of the house to her...I contribute most of the house expenses and all.......and they are not showing any gratitude that I'm giving up so much without a fight, I'm like a free meat for them to bite even more out of me. can't they see I'm already giving in alot already, and I didn't stir hell if I wanted to. Coming to this, i'm not celebrating on my end either. And yes, all these happened and my wife is still in the dark on my side of things....

<present> ongoing...
So you see.....I thought I had found 'true love' and now gotten into a mess that I couldn't really get out of (not without seriously injuring my heart) and even if I really wanted to reconcile in my current marriage. I doubt she can really forgive me, since she thought I've neglect her already, this news will only make her hate me more. Much less forgiving would be their vengeful in-laws, even if I go back, i'll always be in their bad light. Since I made such a grave mistake.....i honestly believe she'll be much better off without me....I don't think anything I can do can correct my mistakes, better off she find someone else while she's young without kids, there's plenty of opportunity for her. In my defense; all I ask is just to be appreciated from her. even a little, i just want her to be there for me when I'm down and out, many the times she just run away to her parents or ignore me, she said I was the one who pushed her away....... As for me.....I'm just confused....should I believe the girl and stay on? I really want to start a new family with her, be there for her......but I got let down by her once.....I just dunno if I can believe her again, she say she still wants to give the husband 1 more chance.......I'm just so stuck now.

Guys out there.....learn from my mistake. don't make this incredible folly mistake like I did, else you'll end up in the same situation as I am now.....

Last edited:
Pending the finale of your long story, let me tell you a story too. I have been married for about 17 years. About 10 years ago, I started suffering from severe depression. I was very sick for years, always in and out of hospital for various different medical conditions. I was so sick that I couldn't work. My temper became extremely bad, I put on a lot of weight and I refused to have sex with my husband for a few years. (Some of these sound familiar to you, isn't it?) However, instead of using these as reasons to condemn me and to commit adultery, my husband stood by me. He became the sole bread winner of the family, financially supporting myself, our child, his parents, AND my parents. He personally accompanied me for all psychiatric and medical appointments, visited me at the hospital 3 times everyday whenever I was hospitalized and nursed me back to health with his tender loving care. Today, our relationship is much stronger than before, and we love each other even more than we did before we got married.

Do remember that you vowed to stick with your wife through thick and thin when you got married. If you had decided to leave her much earlier due to personality differences, that's perfectly fine. But please don't use excuses to justify why you have fallen for another woman while you are still in a marriage.

meowie, It is very touching to see that you and your husband can walk through the difficulties you faced and both of you are so strong to be able to hold on to each other in those times.

Sadly, not everyone can.

DunGiveUpSelf, hasn't finish his story, lets wait for it.

First. Thanks for giving me a chance to finish my story. But really, i got no excuse for what i did, my goal wasn't to justify myself but i really want other guys not to go down my path. Given what i've done, it's very likely she won't forgive me.
while on her end, i wished she had pay a little bit more attention to me. while on my end I should at least tell her how devastated I was when she made those remarks rather than keep silent and absorb. Regardless, whether her fault or my fault, does it really matter now? coming to this, no one is happy. the good news out of the bad news is, both of us had no children, need not drag innocents along into our problem

Thanks for the support, knowing i'm the 'bad guy' here. while very likely it's too late for me, there's much more hope for the rest of the guys out there reading this. I hope this can at least save some of the marriages.

Last edited:
Oh well...ur story is tooo dammed long.just to say that every marriage has a story .家家有本难念的 story.just follow ur heart and do what u want.no think so much.take care.

Hi dungiveupself,

I commiserate w yr traumas but I hope u hv learnt frm this experience. As long as yr partner stays married, she has no intention of exiting her marriage and u shouldn't spend effort n time pursuing a love tt isn't meant to be yours.

All of us learnt our lessons, albeit the painful way. Clear yr mind of her, focus on yr primary issue - unhappy marriage and then decide if u wish to work on it w wife or leave to seek yr happiness. U should exit yr marriage for yourself n not for someone else, lest u be disappointed n emotionally scarred. Wish u all the best.

typical sinkie gal.. Sorry I think you should move on from both sides.

Your affair with the married woman is just a rebound feeling. And you don't really love your wife. I think you are a lonely man inside. Waiting and wanting someone to love and appreciate you.

Seen and read too many such story. I think at times we just need to go through with them rather than telling them. For instance, whenever she is out of shape, do exercise with her. Not just by telling them.

First. Thanks for giving me a chance to finish my story. But really, i got no excuse for what i did, my goal wasn't to justify myself but i really want other guys not to go down my path. Given what i've done, it's very likely she won't forgive me.
while on her end, i wished she had pay a little bit more attention to me. while on my end I should at least tell her how devastated I was when she made those remarks rather than keep silent and absorb. Regardless, whether her fault or my fault, does it really matter now? coming to this, no one is happy. the good news out of the bad news is, both of us had no children, need not drag innocents along into our problem

Thanks for the support, knowing i'm the 'bad guy' here. while very likely it's too late for me, there's much more hope for the rest of the guys out there reading this. I hope this can at least save some of the marriages.

If you ever need a brother to talk, feel free to pm me.

Thanks alot everyone for your support and advices. I should have guarded my heart more closely, and prevent myself for being a target. I did learn a painful lesson,and i'll pick myself up from here. Please guys, don't be naive when your heart is down and learn from me.

Well, on my end, I've decided to man up and tell her everything. Except keeping the identity of the partner as a secret so as not create mess on her end. Yah I know it's a not a wise decision because my wife could flip the tables on me. But my character is just like that, I cannot continue to let her live with me while i'm lying to her. and I did tell her, for the wrong i did to her, i can never expect her to forgive me...She took it quite well without crying and divorce arrangements are on the way.......

Well, I guess it's time to post the latest update....

The woman involved....of course had gone back to her HB..........she says she still loves me alot......I......dunno what to say.....nothing to say from there.
While on my end, my wife doesn't want to see me @ all after 3 talk encounters about divorce. she told her family side that I had threatened her....in my defence I said i cannot agree to ur terms to surrender 100% of the flat to you...why not we wait? what's the hurry? she felt threatened by that maybe

Last sat I went back to own flat, due to this thing that is ongoing, I hadn't eat 1dinner and 1 lunch, i felt weak and fainted, semi-conscious in the toilet. in that state I msged my dad-in-law and wife.....the whole family came to my flat and my wife's sister call the cops on me...claiming I tried to suicide.....the one who helped me out of the toilet was....a policeman.....which is heart breaking for me....I know I did wrong....I didn't hide the truth, i admit to it....and they can be so heartless and left me to die.....

Well....moving on.....I'm not speaking to my wife even over whatsapp anymore. my dad-in-law said to wait on the terms and conditions of the divorce. He claims I didn't fufill my duty as a husband when she was sick I wasn't there....but it isn't entirely true....I was there as much as I could...it's only a few times I'm not there and I'm faulted for it.

So now I'm swaying between holding on or let go....
should I let go since they are already so heartless and bent on seeing me dead?
Should I hang on, at the very least I wanna be there for my wife to nurse her back to health, once she's back on health, i'll let her choose whether she wants to keep the marriage or not. On my end at least I can say I did my best for her....

Last edited:
Your story resonates so much with me.

End of the day, you are only answerable to yourself. Apparently , the so called 'true-love' doesn't seem to be on the same page as you. Matter's of the heart, and whether to leave or go. Anyone else pretty much doesn't have a say unless they are in your shoes. Whether to continue maintaining your status as the 'other-guy' or not. It's your choice.

Happily ever after doesn't happen to everyone, just hang tight & enjoy the ride

Well, I guess it's time to post the latest update....

The woman involved....of course had gone back to her HB..........she says she still loves me alot......I......dunno what to say.....nothing to say from there.
While on my end, my wife doesn't want to see me @ all after 3 talk encounters about divorce. she told her family side that I had threatened her....in my defence I said i cannot agree to ur terms to surrender 100% of the flat to you...why not we wait? what's the hurry? she felt threatened by that maybe

Last sat I went back to own flat, due to this thing that is ongoing, I hadn't eat 1dinner and 1 lunch, i felt weak and fainted, semi-conscious in the toilet. in that state I msged my dad-in-law and wife.....the whole family came to my flat and my wife's sister call the cops on me...claiming I tried to suicide.....the one who helped me out of the toilet was....a policeman.....which is heart breaking for me....I know I did wrong....I didn't hide the truth, i admit to it....and they can be so heartless and left me to die.....

Well....moving on.....I'm not speaking to my wife even over whatsapp anymore. my dad-in-law said to wait on the terms and conditions of the divorce. He claims I didn't fufill my duty as a husband when she was sick I wasn't there....but it isn't entirely true....I was there as much as I could...it's only a few times I'm not there and I'm faulted for it.

So now I'm swaying between holding on or let go....
should I let go since they are already so heartless and bent on seeing me dead?
Should I hang on, at the very least I wanna be there for my wife to nurse her back to health, once she's back on health, i'll let her choose whether she wants to keep the marriage or not. On my end at least I can say I did my best for her....

You just need a friend. I was like you once, suicidal but thinking back its lame. Once you recover, you will realise ehhh why i didn't die. Now all you need is a friend. If you do not have a friend, you can have me as a friend. Come out for kopi, chill out. I was told by a friend. There will be always be a time whereby one needs help regardless of how strong he is. So bro, time to have a new resolution. But as for your wife, i really think its time to move on. Time waits for no man, dont cry over spilled milk. You did her wrong, you man up which is good enough. There are many ladies here whose hubby has been carrying on with their deed without realising that they are wrong. So its good enough, you did your part. Go and get busy with whatever you can but should one day your wife is willing to forgo your wrongdoing and forgive you, please please treasure her.

Should you need any help feel free to pm me.

Hope my 2 cents worth is of help to you.

Hi DunGiveUpSelf,

Your story is Long and very precise. Kind of sad story and you are unfortunate To deserve this kind of love.

What you are behave is a normal when you do not have someone that appreciate your love despite you have tried to salvage your relationship.

If you Wife understand you, she will forgive u and come back to you. Ultimately your heart is moving out is partly of your Wife negligence.

If you still love your Wife and she change to work this relationship with you, you shd not give up.

Good luck and hope you have happy ending and loving each other after this.

Sharing

Back