Miserable, lost and homeless

So sorry to hear about your family troubles. Take comfort that u've a loving husband who'll take care of you. Family problems wont resolve overnight, but obsessing about it will drive u crazy too. Just take a deep breath and keep busy!

Feel sad for you after reading your story. I left my home too as my family has constant argument day and night from young. I rmb i was 21 yr old, all my friends had birthday celebration for their 21st as it marks an important age of becoming an adult. I asked my family for dinner to celebrate. They claimed that they do not have money and asked me to treat. I was 21 and still studying, my house members has around 6 pax. So to treat will cause me a bomb at that time as I do no have much allowance. End up I cry myself to sleep on my birthday. Is not that i want to have expensive dinner, but a dinner together as family make it so difficult.
I grow tired over the years..and eventually i packed my stuff and left home. Imaging coming home with both of them physically fighting, you cant take it after some time. Luckily, I manage to find a job and my ex-bf family willing to take me in. Now I looked back, I still visit them once a week as I feel they are still my parents.

But sometimes we have to stay apart to prevent any argument. Just visit and go home. I think sometimes is our life, we cannot decide who are our parents too.

I didn't know there are so many similar scenario in Singapore family these days. I was born in such a family too. Now i kept more reserved to myself.

Can't you just bunk in your hubby's bed? I am sure he will be more than happy to share?

The best thing i had was a really supportive husband but we are still living apart as our house had yet to be completed and we did not have extra money to rent a flat. Husband is staying with his parents and i could not moved in due to lack of space.

A few days back an incident happened which triggered me to left home for good. No one stop me from leaving. My husband and his family was kind enough to let me stay with them for now (still couldnt find a rental room yet) and our house is to be completed within a month's time.

Feel sad for you after reading your story. I left my home too as my family has constant argument day and night from young. I rmb i was 21 yr old, all my friends had birthday celebration for their 21st as it marks an important age of becoming an adult. I asked my family for dinner to celebrate. They claimed that they do not have money and asked me to treat. I was 21 and still studying, my house members has around 6 pax. So to treat will cause me a bomb at that time as I do no have much allowance. End up I cry myself to sleep on my birthday. Is not that i want to have expensive dinner, but a dinner together as family make it so difficult.
I grow tired over the years..and eventually i packed my stuff and left home. Imaging coming home with both of them physically fighting, you cant take it after some time. Luckily, I manage to find a job and my ex-bf family willing to take me in. Now I looked back, I still visit them once a week as I feel they are still my parents.

But sometimes we have to stay apart to prevent any argument. Just visit and go home. I think sometimes is our life, we cannot decide who are our parents too.

exactly my thoughts.. moving out is probably the best solution. just hang in there for 1 more month, after that you can live happily with your hubby .. but rmb to visit ur parents once in a while. when people dont see you often, they will tend to treasure you more. so hopefully that changes your parents attitude towards you

exactly my thoughts.. moving out is probably the best solution. just hang in there for 1 more month, after that you can live happily with your hubby .. but rmb to visit ur parents once in a while. when people dont see you often, they will tend to treasure you more. so hopefully that changes your parents attitude towards you
Not all parents will warm up or mellow after a time of separation from child. If they always bound to be argumentative, no matter how they will still after less than few hours of togetherness again.

Not all parents will warm up or mellow after a time of separation from child. If they always bound to be argumentative, no matter how they will still after less than few hours of togetherness again.

she's married and has her own house so she'll be moving out soon anyway

Back