November 2017 Mummies

Hi congrats. Actually I m August mummy . just wanted to answer ur questions. There are some tests need to require to do at specific week at kkh. At week 12-13, need to do 1st trimester screening (down syndrome) . at week 20, need to do detailed scan for baby. At week 28-29 need to do glucose test. So other duty doc will see you for review if ur preferred doc not available for all those tests. So u need to double check with nurse for subsidy rates. And I suggest u to go ultrasound at week7-8 for pregnancy visuality and confirmed baby heartbeat.

hi mimi june! thank you for the detailed explanation & your suggestion.
i think i will go ahead with what the lady @ kkh suggested.

smooth journey from now till aug for you and baby :)

hi fellow mummies! congratulations & may this journey be smooth for all of us! :)

first time mtb here.. tested 3 times on the stick and it shows that i am 2-3weeks positive.
called kkh to book appmt with a preferred gynae but the earliest i could see her is on 28th august.

the lady on the phone told me to go poly, get a referral and do all the tests required before seeing my gynae.
i am actually worried to have different doctors handling my case till august since i heard alot of -ve stories @ the subsidized area.

1) is it a bit too late to see a gynae at the 24th/25th week
2) has anyone experience going thru this route? subsidized and then private? please share!

thank u!
some gynae don't take u in once 20th wk they nv c u even once, do cfm on tt. u might wan to go get subsidised route first in kkh at least " secure" the place

Hello mummies
Anyone with Dr Cynthia Kew from Mt Elizabeth Novena ? How is she ? Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance

some gynae don't take u in once 20th wk they nv c u even once, do cfm on tt. u might wan to go get subsidised route first in kkh at least " secure" the place
hi lala! i read about that too.. the lady i talked to helped me to calculate the number of weeks because she said my gynae will not take anyone 32 weeks and above.
i've booked a slot and will be going to poly this sat. crossing fingers! :)

Hi. All mommies.
I'm Japanese and 1st pregnant woman who live in Singapore. my english is soso only. Please advise me. I tested positive few days ago. Now my concern is which gynae is better for cost and hospitality? and how to get prenatal milk in singapore? Because I'm still new to singapore. Thank you so much and congratulations to all.
Hi Yuri, You can check Dr Kwek from Gleaneagles. He is a good Gynae.

Hi Mummies!

I'm due on 4th Nov 17 =) Have already went for my first Gynae scan, Doc gave some pills to stablise the pregnancy.
Its my first pregnancy so I'm pretty scared and nervous.. Have been experiencing very sore and swollen boobs and bouts of nausea already. Any FB group or chat to join?

Hihi!

I'm first time mummy too. Looking for gynae. Mind recommending ? Thanks!

Hi all

I'm a Nov 2017 mummy too.. went for my 1st scan last monday n judging by the ultrasound, my Edd is on 15 nov! 2nd time mum now.. Hoping this one will be a smooth pregnancy as I had miscarriage b4. *fingers crossed*

My next appt will be on 4th Apr to check bb heartbeat.. cant wait to check my bb.. Actually I've been spotting almost every other day and so I'm afraid it will be the same case as last time. Dont rem i had this when i had my 1st born. Does anyone have spotting everyday too?

Hi all,

I"m new here. I have tested positive and went for the first gynae appt on Monday. Managed to saw the Gac Sac and yolk sac. Now im worried as 3 weeks ago, i went thailand for holiday and had a few mozzie bites. Came back sg and this few days again have mozzie bites. So scare of the zika virus and the harm to baby especially in the first trimester. Have 2nd thoughts of manybe i shouldnt have this baby. In a dilema.

7ac3734570a4034f37fce77c50f2f50d.jpg

I am using this for LO and myself. Recommended by gynae and PD. Can get from unity, guardian and Watson.

Hi Mummies... I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant, Edd is 5th Nov.. but I'm having bad cough since week 6 and cough till I vomit... anyone experience this? Worried if coughing will harm my baby? :(

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a first time mummy and currently 7 weeks pregnant. Just booked an appointment to see Gynae next week. Looking forward

Hi Yurih,

My sister delivers at Gleaneagles, she has a very good dr. I will get back to you once i get the details.

I deliver at Mt Alvernia, my gynae is good too but his clinic is way off from the city, its at Admiralty. So i think that would not be a good choice for you.

Hi tzie
Thank you for your information. I still consider comparing other hospitals to deliver. I'm done first-check up already nearby women's clinic. anyway today my 8 weeks is on! hehe. and Congrats to you (^^)

I'm currently in KKH. Admitted for severe dehydration due to hyperemesis gravidarum (excessive vomiting). If there are any mums suffering for a few days please don't hesitate to get it checked out at the hospital.

Hi all

I'm a Nov 2017 mummy too.. went for my 1st scan last monday n judging by the ultrasound, my Edd is on 15 nov! 2nd time mum now.. Hoping this one will be a smooth pregnancy as I had miscarriage b4. *fingers crossed*

My next appt will be on 4th Apr to check bb heartbeat.. cant wait to check my bb.. Actually I've been spotting almost every other day and so I'm afraid it will be the same case as last time. Dont rem i had this when i had my 1st born. Does anyone have spotting everyday too?
Hi Pingz, I am also a seond time mum experiencing some brown discharge - first on w5d1 after I pooped, saw v ligh brown discharge. Went checkup immed and had to do internal check for polyp/infection (painful).. was given jab n D pills. The day I came back I saw pink for 2-3 pees. I'm w5d3 - still have brown discharge (much darker color) each day I poop. How's urs like and what dr gave u?

Hello all, anyone's gynae does transvaginal ultrasound instead of the usuall tummy ultrasound during early weeks of pregnancy? My gynae (Dr Ho at Mt A) does transvaginal u/s.. which is new to me. He says more accurate and clearer images; and expose bb to less u/s..

Hello all, anyone's gynae does transvaginal ultrasound instead of the usuall tummy ultrasound during early weeks of pregnancy? My gynae (Dr Ho at Mt A) does transvaginal u/s.. which is new to me. He says more accurate and clearer images; and expose bb to less u/s..
Yes, possible during first trimester. Tummy scan might not show the fetus.

I'm currently in KKH. Admitted for severe dehydration due to hyperemesis gravidarum (excessive vomiting). If there are any mums suffering for a few days please don't hesitate to get it checked out at the hospital.

Thanks for ur reply to me. Hope u are feeling better now!! I'm the opposite, zero symptoms, which is worrying too.. hope u will feel better vv soon!

Hi mummies , is there fb or chat group for nov 2017 ? I jus tested positive .. I am staying at punggol, do u all hv any gynae to recommend? Many thanks

Hi mummies , is there fb or chat group for nov 2017 ? I jus tested positive .. I am staying at punggol, do u all hv any gynae to recommend? Many thanks

Hello and congrats! I am also staying in Punggol! I am seeing Dr Claudine Tan at Serangoon! First visit to see her tomorrow. Excited much!

Hello and congrats! I am also staying in Punggol! I am seeing Dr Claudine Tan at Serangoon! First visit to see her tomorrow. Excited much!
Hi thanks , congrats to u too... is Dr Claudine Tan from Thomson medical ? Can share with me ur review after ur visit tml.. so excited

Hello congrats! I stayed at punggol too and went for my first appt at Dr Law Wei Seng last week. Can share your Dr Claudine Tan review and her charges with me too aft tmr?

Hello! I stayed at punggol too, and went to Dr Law Wei Seng for my first appt. Quite a nice guy and waiting time is very short.

Hi thanks , congrats to u too... is Dr Claudine Tan from Thomson medical ? Can share with me ur review after ur visit tml.. so excited

Yup! She only delivers at TMC. But when I called to make appointment, it seems like she will be away for long hols frm mid nov to early dec. I will get more info from her tomorrow!

Hello congrats! I stayed at punggol too and went for my first appt at Dr Law Wei Seng last week. Can share your Dr Claudine Tan review and her charges with me too aft tmr?

Sure! I will update tomorrow after my visit! Dr Law only delivers at Mount E Novena?

Hi mummies, this is my first pregnancy, so glad to find support in this forum. Would like to be added in the chatgroup :)

hi all, I'm about 6 weeks now, common symptoms include: frequent urination in the middle of the night, super hungry... but thats about it.

I don't feel nausea. Is this normal?

By the way, when do most of you go for your first gynae visit?

Hi Mummies... I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant, Edd is 5th Nov.. but I'm having bad cough since week 6 and cough till I vomit... anyone experience this? Worried if coughing will harm my baby? :(

Won't harm the baby. Just be careful of the meds u take. I'm also trying to recover from fever and cough, gynae says it takes longer for expecting mum to recover. Have proper rest and drinks loads of water ! Speedy recovery to u!

Hi Pingz, I am also a seond time mum experiencing some brown discharge - first on w5d1 after I pooped, saw v ligh brown discharge. Went checkup immed and had to do internal check for polyp/infection (painful).. was given jab n D pills. The day I came back I saw pink for 2-3 pees. I'm w5d3 - still have brown discharge (much darker color) each day I poop. How's urs like and what dr gave u?

Hi Baby99,

I got the 1st brown spots at week 4 plus.. saw red the next few days then again brown spotting. Saw gynae at week 5 and she said baby is fine. She gave me some utrogestan pills and some folic acid that's all.. but the very next day I saw more red and then it stopped.. but till today I am still having brown spots.. sigh.. super worried now though as it seems that the spotting never stops! Next appt on Tues so see how it goes!

So you are only seeing red n brown spots only during pee/poop? Hope it's nothing serious for your case!

Anyway does anyone feel breathless nowadays? Sometimes just walking alone n I will feel quite out of breath.. this pregnancy is so different from my 1st one..

Hi Baby99,

I got the 1st brown spots at week 4 plus.. saw red the next few days then again brown spotting. Saw gynae at week 5 and she said baby is fine. She gave me some utrogestan pills and some folic acid that's all.. but the very next day I saw more red and then it stopped.. but till today I am still having brown spots.. sigh.. super worried now though as it seems that the spotting never stops! Next appt on Tues so see how it goes!

So you are only seeing red n brown spots only during pee/poop? Hope it's nothing serious for your case!

Anyway does anyone feel breathless nowadays? Sometimes just walking alone n I will feel quite out of breath.. this pregnancy is so different from my 1st one..

Ya brown when I poop, today is 3rd day.. red was the day I come home from the internal check - think the check triggered more to come out :(

I believe the jab I took helped.. nurse vaguely mentioned every week need to jab till wk 12.. sounds a bit too much.. hai.. I'm due for internal scan again nxt Friday, w6d1 (every wk).. fingers crossed!

Are u also doing weekly scan? My dr/nurse asked me to go back immed if I see red or increas in brown (touchwood)..

Best of luck to u (us!),hope it goes away soon.. Lots of bed rest n take the pill diligently..

Last edited:
I've been really down and out. Still waiting for my first visit to gynae this Friday at 8 weeks.
I was sick for the past two weeks, beginning with fever, sorethroat, cough and flu. Even now, the cough persist. Worse part is, for the past 4 days, I have been having headache, persistent headache, and my jaw hurts big time.
I'm kind of stuck now because while I'm sorry as the headache doesn't seem to subside and I hate the fact that I have to eat medicine during my pregnancy. Oh gosh....so stressed...

Hi, anyone prescribed ondansentron for morning sickness? What is the recommended dosage? Mine is half a pill, max 2x a day. I've been avoiding taking any form of medication but now at week 9 and 4 days, I cannot stand it anymore. I am nauseous the whole day and my colleagues' perfumes irritate me so much.

Some say week 10 is the peak for morning sickness. I am hoping now is my peak already. I can't imagine anything worse than this. Any second-time mummy here can share their experience? Which week was the worst for you?

Hi Baby99,

I have spotting for all my pregnancies and they turned out ok. Including for this one I'm also spotting brown.

I'm also super breathless nowadays! So frustrating I can't even do a simple workout without feeling super tired!

Won't harm the baby. Just be careful of the meds u take. I'm also trying to recover from fever and cough, gynae says it takes longer for expecting mum to recover. Have proper rest and drinks loads of water ! Speedy recovery to u!
Thank you so much!
My gynae gave me 3 days medical leaves to rest from the persistent cough, currently recovering well.

I've been really down and out. Still waiting for my first visit to gynae this Friday at 8 weeks.
I was sick for the past two weeks, beginning with fever, sorethroat, cough and flu. Even now, the cough persist. Worse part is, for the past 4 days, I have been having headache, persistent headache, and my jaw hurts big time.
I'm kind of stuck now because while I'm sorry as the headache doesn't seem to subside and I hate the fact that I have to eat medicine during my pregnancy. Oh gosh....so stressed...

It's good to eat medicines given by doctor for pregnant women, better to get it cure and recover before it got worse!
our body immune is lower as we are 'protecting' our baby from the virus!
My cough took more than 2 weeks to recover.
Had mc for more than 7 days already, not sure if my boss will be unhappy but the health of our baby is most important.
Hope you get well soon too.

Hi ladies any ladies fm ivf kkh here? I did my blood test on monday positive and my first appt is scheduled 2 weeks away on next friday. Is it too long? I wait until neck very long liao. Lol. Cant wait for first appt and scan for heartbeat. How many weeks do u typically go for 1st scan? Based on my missed mensus i am now 5+ weeks.

Me. Im frm ivf kkh

Haven do research on the hospital yet. Okay update me again aft your appt later :)

My first appt didnt go very well! All we could see is just the sac and waterbag. Dr Tan asked me to do vaginal scan which I refused. So have to come back 2 weeks later. Not too sure if it's too early to see the baby, or something bad happen :(

Dr Tan is quite ok. Very cheerful. But I feel that she didnt give enough information esp for first time parents. She didn't asked me about my symptons. She only told me what not to eat after I asked her. Would defintely prefer her to be more proactive in giving advice.

My first appt didnt go very well! All we could see is just the sac and waterbag. Dr Tan asked me to do vaginal scan which I refused. So have to come back 2 weeks later. Not too sure if it's too early to see the baby, or something bad happen :(

Dr Tan is quite ok. Very cheerful. But I feel that she didnt give enough information esp for first time parents. She didn't asked me about my symptons. She only told me what not to eat after I asked her. Would defintely prefer her to be more proactive in giving advice.

Dont scare yourself first, I guess is too early! Did she say u are at which week alr? Mine was via the vaginal scan to cfm the pregnancy cos too small, at 5week and 6 day. Oh ok, mine did ask abt symptoms and what not to eat etc. how is her charges like?

Back