IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies.. i had used up all my 3 fresh.. if im thinking of going for a 4th fresh right. How is the payment going to be made at govt hospital. Everything got to be in cash or can pay by medisave?? Very stressful and moody now.. i still have 1 frozen for fet..

i think medisave can only used up to 15k only. if u have used 3 fresh cycle, is 6k+5k+4k = 15K, which is next fresh all will be by cash.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...more-flexible-medisave-use-for-assisted-.html

i see that can use than more than 3 fresh cycle?? subject to 4k limit each?please correct me.

Last edited:

i think medisave can only used up to 15k only. if u have used 3 fresh cycle, is 6k+5k+4k = 15K, which is next fresh all will be by cash.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...more-flexible-medisave-use-for-assisted-.html

i see that can use than more than 3 fresh cycle?? subject to 4k limit each?please correct me.

from the link seems like can use more than 3 cycle but the 4th time onwards is 4k each from medisave. The rest will be in cash and which it seems very taxing.

maybe you can use this link & check with your consueller. let me know the outcome.

I think what it means is you can go for more than 3 fresh however, it still cap at $15k per couple per lifetime. So, unless your medication dosage is low, I feel the bulk of the $15k would have been used up in the first 3 fresh cycles.

Such a pain, I wish we have more liberty to decide how we use our medisave :(

I have started my organlutan jab on last thurs (Day 3 of my menses). Mine is a short cycle accordingly to the nurse.

I was told to jab organlutan on D3 to D5. (Last thurs to Sat).
Thereafter I started my Gonal F on D6 to D11 (Last Sunday to Friday) and added organlutan on D10 and D11.

Will be going for scanning on D11 to check if the follicles & lining are growing. Not sure if I'll be given more jabs before my ER.

So far, this are my comments on the Jab:

1) organlutan is needle is much longer. It's doesn't hurt just that it has a stinging sensation.

2) Gonal F is much easier to Jab. It's a pen like injection.

Overall I would rate the pain 5/10.

I was also give folic acid to consume every morning.

Ladies who are gg for the jabs, it is really not as scary as you think. Just brave it through and everything will be over soon :)

Now I can't wait for ER to come so that I can rest for the TWW.

Let's jia you & fight together!!!

Last edited:
from the link seems like can use more than 3 cycle but the 4th time onwards is 4k each from medisave. The rest will be in cash and which it seems very taxing.

At kk so far total bill (depending on drugs and dosage) so far range fr 11-12k for me. -4K (if u still have ard 4K Medisave) is at most 8k cash.

Hello I am new to this forum and going to try my first IVF in Singapore.Can i get suggestions on a good doctor for IVF and the full costing it involves. Looking forward to your comments.

Maybe you wanna try pineapple orange juice?
My menses always come within the few days after drinking it.
Orange juice help? I dun dare drink pineaple juice alone bcoz my lining itself already not thick.if i drink pineapple juice i feared bcome even thiinner...do u mean pineaple orange juice mix?

dear moms....

i am thinking to go for IVF as waited too long to get 2nd child. but worry on the leave (heard need to take many leaves)
** you know working mother sometimes we got diff to get leave too often ... working culture in singapore is not really pro family :(

can anyone share IVF journey from start to end (involving leave need to take)....

thanks in advance.

Hi,
Are u intending to go to private clinic/hospital or public hospital (sgh, KKH, nuh?)

Protocol for KKH:
1st consult with dr: dr orders all the full set of fertility tests to find out the issue first. - on the spot Pap smear, pelvic ultrasound, blood test. Separate date to be arranged for HSG.

2nd consult will be to analyse the results of all the tests. Then discuss what u intend to do. Book you onto queue for Ivf (if recommended and decided due to whatever factors).

IVF queue ard 3-4 mths, Counselling will be 1-2 mths before scheduled date. It's a 1-2hr session, can request for time off chit.

Actual Ivf process for short protocol antagonist cycle:
1. Call hospital when Menses full flow arrives, next day go for scan and collect injection drugs prescribed as per what the doc alrdy ordered for u based on your condition.
2. Follow the daily jabs dosage and timing as per the form and schedule given
3. 1st scan during stims can be as early as day 5 of stims or as late as day 8-10 of stims (not the day fr period day 1) depending. Prob 1-2 more scans till egg retrieval day. So cater for 3-4 morning half days for these pre retrieval scans. Scans and review (by dr on duty, not your usual
Assigned doc) are only in the morning.
Btw need to be on private queue to choose your doctor. Otherwise retrieval and transfer will be any doc on duty if u r in public queue.

4. Trigger shot jab (night time 8plus pm) when your eggs are mature and ready to be triggered. Egg retrieval will be arranged the morning 36 hrs later.

5. The eggs retrieved will be fertilised with the hubby's sperm collected that same morning. Full day off as u will be sedated and kinda groggy. Maybe slight cramps and discomfort at womb area too.

6. Wait 1-2 days for hospital to notify when to come in for embryo transfer. Depending on how many fertilised and whether to culture to D2 or D5.

7. Egg transfer then 2ww starts.

Can request for mc for all these appts above.

Note: prob no queue for Ivf at private hospital's clinic. So can start immed after initial consultations and can cut the 3 mth wait.

Hope this Info helps!

Don't dwell so much on it. Try to do activities that you like, try to be happier. Ask your doctor what you can change.
I am on my 3rd fresh also. Dr thh also find me a challenge. An unexplained challenge cause other than slight PCOS, no reason why we cannot succeed. Many changes made to my protocol this round so I hope it will succeed. Now every time I think of failure and miscarriage I tear up. But my hubby told me, we cannot predict the future, we can only keep trying and don't give in to fear.
Be strong!

Hi ladies,
I am back again trying for the 6th year, failed 1x soiui and 2 Ivf, gg to try my 3rd round, I super feel.the challenge, keep fighting until to my grave... tis time I change to nuh under Prof PC Wong, hope have some luck with him, next review on all initial result with him, Don't Give up, You will never walk alone. Fighting!

Orange juice help? I dun dare drink pineaple juice alone bcoz my lining itself already not thick.if i drink pineapple juice i feared bcome even thiinner...do u mean pineaple orange juice mix?

My bad... yes it's pineapple plus orange mixed...
Maybe when your menses comes starts to drink lots of red bean soup to help in thickening your lining?

Ladies, I've been having flu-like symptoms and dry cough since yday. In 2WW now, is it better to consult normal GP or KK O&G? Keeping my fingers crossed that this does not affect beanies. :(

Ladies, I've been having flu-like symptoms and dry cough since yday. In 2WW now, is it better to consult normal GP or KK O&G? Keeping my fingers crossed that this does not affect beanies. :(
Miloqueen... in fact I'm having the same symptoms as you... having cough since day 1 of 2ww.. and started to have flu yesterday. I just wrap myself like a popiah since its better not to take any medicine... drink lots of water and maybe by taking vitamin c helps... I'm in 2ww too!

Think it's better to call kk first. I've seen a GP when I was pregnant last year and they have to google to find out the pregnancy category the med belongs to.

Sick is positive symptoms for some preggers!

Miloqueen... in fact I'm having the same symptoms as you... having cough since day 1 of 2ww.. and started to have flu yesterday. I just wrap myself like a popiah since its better not to take any medicine... drink lots of water and maybe by taking vitamin c helps... I'm in 2ww too!
Oh boy...I thought I'm the only one going through this. I tried to drink honey and took Vit C. It just comes and goes. Throat got a little better but still feeling groggy and feverish. So wondering if I should just hang on or get doc to treat it...

Think it's better to call kk first. I've seen a GP when I was pregnant last year and they have to google to find out the pregnancy category the med belongs to.

Sick is positive symptoms for some preggers!
Thanks almondearie, so you called KK to verify that the medication is safe to take after seeing GP?

Hi all,

May I know what to drink or eat to thicken the lining and increase the follicles? How often you all drink or eat it?

For short protocol, it will be 14 days (from D1 of stimulation) from ER ?

Any ladies need to induce menses for ivf cycle.and after induce menses did u start ur cycle once menses come or wait for another round cycle before oficialy startin ivf...any success stories of ivf after inducing menses...

Thanks almondearie, so you called KK to verify that the medication is safe to take after seeing GP?

In the end I decided to just take mc and rest it off. I usually will take Manuka honey but not sure if early pregnancy (which could be ur case now) is suitable.

I will advise u to call kkh for verification, if u have the med.

Hi all, first time posting, really need to find some assurance as husband seems to not provide sufficient emotional support and i feel so lonely in this battle.

2nd fresh, only 5 eggs retrieved on Monday as I'm low ovarian reserve. Supposed to do a transfer today but was cancelled due to high progesterone level. Dr THH strongly advised me to freeze all embryos and go for FET next cycle. Haiyo, all the black faces from my workplace suddenly popped out in front of my face... all the AM mcs for scans almost every other day resulting in colleauges have to cover my duties, HL for transfer etc... When i thought everything is going to be over.... sigh..

Anyway, any kind ladies here can share with me the procedure for FET pls? Not sure whether it's medicated or natural, was only told i will be required to take oral medicine from 4th day period onwards and go back for scans.

Thank u in advance.

Hi all, first time posting, really need to find some assurance as husband seems to not provide sufficient emotional support and i feel so lonely in this battle.

2nd fresh, only 5 eggs retrieved on Monday as I'm low ovarian reserve. Supposed to do a transfer today but was cancelled due to high progesterone level. Dr THH strongly advised me to freeze all embryos and go for FET next cycle. Haiyo, all the black faces from my workplace suddenly popped out in front of my face... all the AM mcs for scans almost every other day resulting in colleauges have to cover my duties, HL for transfer etc... When i thought everything is going to be over.... sigh..

Anyway, any kind ladies here can share with me the procedure for FET pls? Not sure whether it's medicated or natural, was only told i will be required to take oral medicine from 4th day period onwards and go back for scans.

Thank u in advance.

You are not alone in this battle! There's all of us in here. :)

Ignore all the black faces. Not everybody will understand and we can't shut them up so just ignore them. Try not to stress over it.

Yours sound like medicated FET. I did natural FET cos of high progesterone also and basically I had to call when I have my period and then test for ovulation myself and call the clinic once I ovulate. Then I come for a scan and the next day for the ET. If you have a textbook cycle then natural FET is good. Medicated FET means your ovulation will be controlled by medication which honestly I think will cause less stress because at least you don't need to worry about late ovulation etc.

You are not alone in this battle! There's all of us in here. :)

Ignore all the black faces. Not everybody will understand and we can't shut them up so just ignore them. Try not to stress over it.

Yours sound like medicated FET. I did natural FET cos of high progesterone also and basically I had to call when I have my period and then test for ovulation myself and call the clinic once I ovulate. Then I come for a scan and the next day for the ET. If you have a textbook cycle then natural FET is good. Medicated FET means your ovulation will be controlled by medication which honestly I think will cause less stress because at least you don't need to worry about late ovulation etc.
Thank u for ur kind reply! I was a silent reader for almost a year and this is where i can only find comfort in. This is also one journey that not much pple can understand therefore we really have to be thick skin at times, haha.. even husband also, thought it's very shiok for me to go for HL but don't understand my worries and struggle. Only present during ER day becoz no choice he just had to be there, make me feel I'm the only person enthusiastic in having baby.

Yah the problem with kkh is they will never explain in details what procedure they are putting us through, just simply say ok first time menses call in then take medicine then scan for a few rounds then on which which which day of cycle arrange for ET. Seems everyone is so busy over there.

Drink warm lemon and honey? I rem I had such symptoms last cycle too and my tcm recommend I do so to boost the immunity :)

Thank u for ur kind reply! I was a silent reader for almost a year and this is where i can only find comfort in. This is also one journey that not much pple can understand therefore we really have to be thick skin at times, haha.. even husband also, thought it's very shiok for me to go for HL but don't understand my worries and struggle. Only present during ER day becoz no choice he just had to be there, make me feel I'm the only person enthusiastic in having baby.

Yah the problem with kkh is they will never explain in details what procedure they are putting us through, just simply say ok first time menses call in then take medicine then scan for a few rounds then on which which which day of cycle arrange for ET. Seems everyone is so busy over there.

We really need to heck what other people think. There's nothing wrong in prioritizing family planning over work. Your kids will be with u for life! Not ur job or ur boss.

As for husband, my husband behaved the same way at first. I went to all scans etc on my own. But I came to realize my hubby acted less than interested just so as not to get his or my hopes up. When I miscarried last year after my 1st ivf, he cried even louder than me.

It's probably men's way of coping. Women r more willing to express our feelings and desires and expressively as well.

So hang in there k. It's all worth it.

I experienced spotting again (spotted last friday) today despite having a 118.2hcg reading on 9dp5dt. Today is 11dp5dt. My bt is scheduled on friday, 13dp5dt.

I tested on the pregnancy kit but its negative :(

Today had quite abit of spotting. Kinda down too.

We really need to heck what other people think. There's nothing wrong in prioritizing family planning over work. Your kids will be with u for life! Not ur job or ur boss.

As for husband, my husband behaved the same way at first. I went to all scans etc on my own. But I came to realize my hubby acted less than interested just so as not to get his or my hopes up. When I miscarried last year after my 1st ivf, he cried even louder than me.

It's probably men's way of coping. Women r more willing to express our feelings and desires and expressively as well.

So hang in there k. It's all worth it.
Thank u for ur encouragement! None of them have this kinda experience, all had kids naturally therefore i don't really hope they will understand anyway. All I want most now is to complete my little family, married for 6 years now and things are getting a bit blands.. really really hope it will be my turn soon to announce my pregnancy to the rest of the world.

Haha.. my husband is typical mcp, to him this is woman's job he heck care one. Not even once he asked abt how's my stim period, how i was coping, how's work etc etc.. go tcm he asked me why waste money? Worse, on the night before my scheduled ET, he told me he's not trying again if this cycle fails again coz he doesn't feel the urgency. Wah one whole pail of cold water poured over my head. All the effort rushing up and down, acupuncture, taking chinese med, go through the injections blah blah blah.. don't want to encourage nvm, don't pour cold water ma.. Yes i admit I'm not very old at 31 years but my ovarian reserve is very low, so I'm extremely kan chiong. Somemore he's not young, 39 years old this year, how i not kanchiong?

Sorry about all the rantings and complainings! Now i feel so much better after getting everything off my chest! Haaaa!

I experienced spotting again (spotted last friday) today despite having a 118.2hcg reading on 9dp5dt. Today is 11dp5dt. My bt is scheduled on friday, 13dp5dt.

I tested on the pregnancy kit but its negative :(

Today had quite abit of spotting. Kinda down too.
Hugs. Nothing is confirmed yet till bloodtest, be positive. Jiayou.

Thank u in advance.

I work in my ex co for 1 yr take 3 times hl.. 14days for my first fresh.. 14days for my fet.. den recently 14days for my laparascopy.. i decided to tender cos really stressful for me.. they keep show me black face plus my hr come talk to me say i always mia from work.. he say nv come means u cannot perform in ur work.. n he go spread ard say i do ivf! Tats the most frustrating part! Den on my last day he came apologise to me infront of my boss n sup.. he say if i feel offended he sincerely apologise to me

I work in my ex co for 1 yr take 3 times hl.. 14days for my first fresh.. 14days for my fet.. den recently 14days for my laparascopy.. i decided to tender cos really stressful for me.. they keep show me black face plus my hr come talk to me say i always mia from work.. he say nv come means u cannot perform in ur work.. n he go spread ard say i do ivf! Tats the most frustrating part! Den on my last day he came apologise to me infront of my boss n sup.. he say if i feel offended he sincerely apologise to me
Wah u face more stress than me like that. My first fresh was 6 months ago so still not so bad, just that I'm contemplating whether should i go back to work since i did not have any transfer done this cycle... then again a bit sayang lei coz honestly not easy to get long HL to take a break from work lor.. haha.. most likely i will stick to 3 days HL for my upcoming fet, scared lah. Haha..

Hi humbaobao, same plight as u, I took 3x in a span of 2 years but I didn't say Ivf and they already keep speculating until one day hr come talk to me due to my new boss dislike pp take Mc and HL, this affected work performances, Then worse when last year my grandma in law passed away, took compassionate leaves and my sis and FIL got cancer so take more leaves and Mc and in the end I just gave up to the point I cried and broke down in front of hr. After that my dog passed away. My boss even insulted me saying I should go work as a low level.clerk. In the end i just tender after enduring all struggles and humiliation.

Lucky I got another new job the next month and my current boss is great and really grateful to him because he is the one who encourage and motivate me no matter what difficulties I have. Hope my little story can spur you on. Jia you.

Hi pretty ladies,

I just consult with Dr Sheila @kkh, i have gone thru all the test for IVF but the result I have Polyps, she suggest to remove it by next 2 weeks so i can start IVF asap.

Anyone encounter same problem before, appreciate for your advice?

At kk so far total bill (depending on drugs and dosage) so far range fr 11-12k for me. -4K (if u still have ard 4K Medisave) is at most 8k cash.
Hi ladies who have applied for the government grant before, how is it claimed? Claim at the end of the whole stimming process? It covers medications?

Hi ladies,
I am back again trying for the 6th year, failed 1x soiui and 2 Ivf, gg to try my 3rd round, I super feel.the challenge, keep fighting until to my grave... tis time I change to nuh under Prof PC Wong, hope have some luck with him, next review on all initial result with him, Don't Give up, You will never walk alone. Fighting!

Hi Eggscatcher I'm also changing gynae and seeing Prof Wong next week! Check with u, since u mentioned that u did IVF before, did he order for u to run new tests again? (coz u mentioned review on initial results) how do u find the experience with him so far?

Last edited:
Hi all,

May I know what to drink or eat to thicken the lining and increase the follicles? How often you all drink or eat it?

For short protocol, it will be 14 days (from D1 of stimulation) from ER ?
Hi Jill Stuart,
For lining, can try red bean soup. I took on alternate days for a few months and my lining is generally OK for all the IVFs I've done. For follicle stimulation, some people take CoQ10 or Ubinquinol/ubiquinone (read up on the different forms), and lots of egg whites, like 4-6 during stimming phase.

Hi ladies who have applied for the government grant before, how is it claimed? Claim at the end of the whole stimming process? It covers medications?

If u under PC Wong, can only claim from medisave. govt grant i dunno if that apply anot as you are choosing doc. they will ask you to pay on the day of BT. After that they will send the bill to your home address.

Mine is susidies (not with any doc), After 6k govt grant & 6k medisave, come up with 4k.

If u under PC Wong, can only claim from medisave. govt grant i dunno if that apply anot as you are choosing doc. they will ask you to pay on the day of BT. After that they will send the bill to your home address.

Mine is susidies (not with any doc), After 6k govt grant & 6k medisave, come up with 4k.

Sorry... what is BT? So there is a form to fill in? I think should be still entitled to government grant (even if choose doc) if under 40 :)

Thank u for ur encouragement! None of them have this kinda experience, all had kids naturally therefore i don't really hope they will understand anyway. All I want most now is to complete my little family, married for 6 years now and things are getting a bit blands.. really really hope it will be my turn soon to announce my pregnancy to the rest of the world.

Haha.. my husband is typical mcp, to him this is woman's job he heck care one. Not even once he asked abt how's my stim period, how i was coping, how's work etc etc.. go tcm he asked me why waste money? Worse, on the night before my scheduled ET, he told me he's not trying again if this cycle fails again coz he doesn't feel the urgency. Wah one whole pail of cold water poured over my head. All the effort rushing up and down, acupuncture, taking chinese med, go through the injections blah blah blah.. don't want to encourage nvm, don't pour cold water ma.. Yes i admit I'm not very old at 31 years but my ovarian reserve is very low, so I'm extremely kan chiong. Somemore he's not young, 39 years old this year, how i not kanchiong?

Sorry about all the rantings and complainings! Now i feel so much better after getting everything off my chest! Haaaa!

Is yours due to female or male factor or unexplained? Maybe he feels guilty inside? My husband was supportive but I can see how he felt a bit guilty that I had to go through all these invasive things.

Perhaps you should sit down with your husband and ask him if he really wants a baby. Maybe he does but he doesn't want to see you go through all the pain? Or maybe he's not ready to become a father and want to enjoy your couple time. (trust me, life will change drastically when a baby is in the picture) My husband was very hesitant to go for IVF initially but I talked to him and told him that I really want a baby and that IVF need both our effort. I told him I need his full support. Sometimes I still have to nag at him. Men tsk tsk.

It's ok to rant! Let it out so you feel less stree! :)

Hi pretty ladies,

I just consult with Dr Sheila @kkh, i have gone thru all the test for IVF but the result I have Polyps, she suggest to remove it by next 2 weeks so i can start IVF asap.

Anyone encounter same problem before, appreciate for your advice?

Dr Sheila Loh? If yes, then trust her judgement. I did my IVF under her at RH and I had cyst and adeno but she didn't suggest to remove. So high chance she suggested for you cos it will affect the IVF.

Under prof... Govt Grant also have.

Is yours due to female or male factor or unexplained? Maybe he feels guilty inside? My husband was supportive but I can see how he felt a bit guilty that I had to go through all these invasive things.

Perhaps you should sit down with your husband and ask him if he really wants a baby. Maybe he does but he doesn't want to see you go through all the pain? Or maybe he's not ready to become a father and want to enjoy your couple time. (trust me, life will change drastically when a baby is in the picture) My husband was very hesitant to go for IVF initially but I talked to him and told him that I really want a baby and that IVF need both our effort. I told him I need his full support. Sometimes I still have to nag at him. Men tsk tsk.

It's ok to rant! Let it out so you feel less stree! :)
I think there are some issues with the both of us but i guess I'm having more coz of my low ovarian reserve, he's having the typical male Singaporeans inactive sperms. I only managed to retrieve 2 eggs from my first fresh and 5 eggs from this cycle, very worrying for me.

Initially i also thought he may not be ready but i had talked to him umpteen times however he reassured that he is ready for a kid if possible. He loves his nephews and niece. Just that it is in his character that he can never be sensitive with my feelings, especially that we have been married for 6 years now, worse. Being 8 years older than me he always thinks that he knows more than me, stress lor.. typical mcp! Haha.. i think it's me who wants a baby more than him, to complete myself

then there anything difference between subsidies? how abt the Consultation fee & medicine fee?
Is it more exp for total bill for private?
I nv try subsidies so I am not sure how much that will be.. But i go to him as private patient.. I believe if u go via subsidies, will be much cheaper but you can't choose doctor.

Back