IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

When I was doing IUI, I went to tcm for acupuncture and ate the Chinese med but failed 4 times, we spent 3 months brewed Chinese med and 3 months acupuncture plus pkt of Chinese med powder. Spend quite a lot on tcm till my hubby says don't know what is contain in the Chinese med although tcm say to tio my body, we decided to leave everything to prof, change my diet and I stopped tcm for 2 months and started the ivf oral med. most importantly, stopped those cooling item like radish, orange, cold water, bitter gourd etc... when your womb is cooling, the lining won't be good and embryo cannot survive.

Thanks. Did the TCM conclude any problem with you? I seen two fertility tcm who said I'm not bad actually. Need to overcome my bad stressful and agitated emotions. I'm in dilemma coz don't wanna tiao only to skip during IVF coz gynae don't really approve and accunpuncture needle add to pain. And next cycle I hope to do more sofa or bed rest, so not possible to travel out to tcm

11dp5dt (16dpo)
You did your blood test already?

If it is just pregnancy kits might be not sensitive. I use ovulation stick tested positive on 11dp5dt and very very faint line on pregnancy stripes. I bought clear blue digital tested positive on 12dp5dt. But blood test is still the most accurate. Even if negative on pregnancy kit, it is still possible to get BFP on blood test. Jiayou.

You did your blood test already?

If it is just pregnancy kits might be not sensitive. I use ovulation stick tested positive on 11dp5dt and very very faint line on pregnancy stripes. I bought clear blue digital tested positive on 12dp5dt. But blood test is still the most accurate. Even if negative on pregnancy kit, it is still possible to get BFP on blood test. Jiayou.
I did BT this morning and was 9.7 :( NUH tested for me. The nurse didn't dare to really be clear to me what that means and when I probe it seems like like it could be chemistry. But they are scheduling me for another test this Friday, where I will then be 18dpo. Dr Stephen wants me to just continue my Prognova 6mg and Crinone Gel till Friday, but did not up the dosage for me :(

I did BT this morning and was 9.7 :( NUH tested for me. The nurse didn't dare to really be clear to me what that means and when I probe it seems like like it could be chemistry. But they are scheduling me for another test this Friday, where I will then be 18dpo. Dr Stephen wants me to just continue my Prognova 6mg and Crinone Gel till Friday, but did not up the dosage for me :(

Stay positive. Above beta 5 could mean pregnant.
I only took Crinone Gel for tww. So probably sufficient dont worry about the dosage.
Maybe yr is just a bit slow. Just stay positive, eat well & rest well. Looking forward to your gd news.
Baby dust to you.

Thanks. Did the TCM conclude any problem with you? I seen two fertility tcm who said I'm not bad actually. Need to overcome my bad stressful and agitated emotions. I'm in dilemma coz don't wanna tiao only to skip during IVF coz gynae don't really approve and accunpuncture needle add to pain. And next cycle I hope to do more sofa or bed rest, so not possible to travel out to tcm

Tcm only say my womb is cooling and my hubby cooked chicken Essence for me twice a month. When I think back, I find that actually might be the acupuncture that screw up my IUI.

Went for my blood test today. Positive. Going back KKH to collect medication shortly.
Really glad i opt for Dr Tan Heng Hao.
My remaining 3 embryos didnt survived till day 6 (they say growing but quality not gd enough), so i freeze 0.
Thank god the best 1 is in me and successful.
Spreading baby dust to those who are still waiting for result. Jiayou.

Going back to Dr Zou (TCM) to get an tai capsule next week. =)
Congrats to your bfp!

@nicolemama dont give up!

I experienced spotting today despite having a 118.2hcg reading on 9dp5dt. Today is 11dp5dt. My bt is scheduled on friday, 13dp5dt.

I tested on the pregnancy kit but its negative :(

Today had quite abit of spotting. Kinda down too.

Stay positive. Above beta 5 could mean pregnant.
I only took Crinone Gel for tww. So probably sufficient dont worry about the dosage.
Maybe yr is just a bit slow. Just stay positive, eat well & rest well. Looking forward to your gd news.
Baby dust to you.
Thanks Thanks! Grabbing your baby dusts!!!

Hi all

I have my ER on MOnday (27/3).. Took out 22 embryos.. Embryologist call next day to update my embryos with 16 mature and 12 fertilize. 2nd day I waited their call in the morning but they never call till noon time Embryologist say they will transfer Day5 embryo means this Sat i will do my ET. Finally the day have come.. But i still hestiate to put 2 or 3 embryos.. My hubby say put 3 will have higher chances. I still thinking.... Can i decide on ET day or have to decide now and let them know?? Headache...

Hi all

I have my ER on MOnday (27/3).. Took out 22 embryos.. Embryologist call next day to update my embryos with 16 mature and 12 fertilize. 2nd day I waited their call in the morning but they never call till noon time Embryologist say they will transfer Day5 embryo means this Sat i will do my ET. Finally the day have come.. But i still hestiate to put 2 or 3 embryos.. My hubby say put 3 will have higher chances. I still thinking.... Can i decide on ET day or have to decide now and let them know?? Headache...
wow ur result are good

Hi all

After ur last failed, you still go for TCM before egg retrieval? what the difference in medicine & dosage btw ur current & last cycle?

Hi all

For KKH, can decide on the ET day. Congrats on your good result!

Hi all

Congrats Yenni, that's a great harvest! :)
For SGH, as far as I know, dr Yu max allows 2 blasts but its age and your condition dependent. For mine, she only allowed 1 blastocyst transfer. Only the ET day, the embryologist will know how many embryos made it to blastocyst and then u can decide how many to transfer after discussion with your doc:)

After ur last failed, you still go for TCM before egg retrieval? what the difference in medicine & dosage btw ur current & last cycle?
Hi Lady081980,

I never go TCM for my 2nd IVF at all and hope to try it naturally to see if it works for me this time... My medicine is almost the same as previous time only my Gonal F dosage up 225 to 150 for last 3 days and this time i have Zomacton to increase my Hormone at different day. Previously my hormone is quite low so this time they add in... My 1st IVF i retrieval 17 eggs but till my embryo transfer day only left 2 at day 4, so i put in last 2 but never success. Hopefully this time wil success and grant my wish.

Congrats Yenni, that's a great harvest! :)
For SGH, as far as I know, dr Yu max allows 2 blasts but its age and your condition dependent. For mine, she only allowed 1 blastocyst transfer. Only the ET day, the embryologist will know how many embryos made it to blastocyst and then u can decide how many to transfer after discussion with your doc:)

Hi Lapin,

Thank you for your information..:) Hope this time i have more embryo.. Praying hard this time...:).. Btw Congrats to u....:)

Hi Lapin,

Thank you for your information..:) Hope this time i have more embryo.. Praying hard this time...:).. Btw Congrats to u....:)

Thank you! Baby dust to you! :) Everything will be great this time and u will have your wish come true too! Jiayou. Sticky embryos back to you:)

Hi all! I managed to conceive via SO-IUI on my first try with Dr SF Loh and have a beautiful 4 month old baby girl now. I will be returning eggs to Shuang Lin temple @ Toa Payoh after 1pm today. Baby dust to all~~~~

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

Hi, any review on Dr Lim Min Yu (consultant) at NUH for IVF?
He did my retrieval for me and I've seen him most of the time. He's always very friendly and willing to answer my queries, with patience and encouragements. However I've heard from the Nurses that his clinic usually overflows. I've only had one Long waiting time with him Thus far.

thanks nicolemama.
I'd failed IUI , 11x at private clinics. Now gg to NUH for IVF and was referred by my Doctor to Dr Lim Min Yu. I hope that his success rate is high as I really wan to get over the pain of each failure. Do you have to wait long before doing your IVF?

Hi all!! Went for the ivf counseling ytd at TFC under Dr Steven Teo. Waiting for my menses to come and will start the injection. Totally clueless on what to do! Any advice? Is it painful? Self Injection sounds scary :(

Hi all!! Went for the ivf counseling ytd at TFC under Dr Steven Teo. Waiting for my menses to come and will start the injection. Totally clueless on what to do! Any advice? Is it painful? Self Injection sounds scary :(

i will recommend your hubby to learn and inject for you =X

Need to start at the injection on 1st day of menses?

Back