HCG levels - blood hormones test

babyhelp

Hi Ladies,
Just curious to know how to stables our HCG levels. I been going for my blood test at 6weeks and doctor did scan can't find baby so ask me to go for blood test. The results came it's was high and double the required amount. I had to go for 3key hole operation as he mentioned it's epotic pregnancy. No one knows how epotic pregnancy occurs or to prevent it

Hi Ladies,
Just curious to know how to stables our HCG levels. I been going for my blood test at 6weeks and doctor did scan can't find baby so ask me to go for blood test. The results came it's was high and double the required amount. I had to go for 3key hole operation as he mentioned it's epotic pregnancy. No one knows how epotic pregnancy occurs or to prevent it

You may want to seek a second opinion? If it's ectopic also can see sac in scans de.

Hi Ladies,

For ectopic Pregnancies, Gynae won't see the sac. A further scan can be conducted at NUH to check if it's an ectopic pregnancy in tubes or ovaries.
At 6 wks, if indeed ectopic, your tube will be swollen and it can be seen by sonographer.

Hi Babyhelp,

I'm in the same situation, I'm a ivf patient in kk and tested positive. However on my 6 week scan in kk, they say nothing was found in my uterus and Doctor say it's highly unlikely a viable pregnancy and might be a etopic pregnancy, he ask me to stop the progesterone med given to me when I tested positive and ask me to go back for another test 2 days later. I asked him if my hcg is doubling every 2 days it shouldn't be etopic right? He replied me with " if it's not inside the uterus it must be somewhere else right" Me and my husband decided to seek a second opinion in gleneagles as we do not feel comfortable with the one in kk. 2 days later we went to see Dr John Yam from gleneagles, he did a internal scan for me and couldn't see anything as well, but he said my hcg looks normal and he decided to send me down to the gleneagles X-ray department to do a higher resolution scan and they found a sac in my womb measuring 5mm, 2 days later went for another and it grow by 2 mm doctor say it's dated 5 week 4 and say five it some time to monitor and ask me to go back in a week time which is today, waiting for blood test result and seeing the doctor later. You should seek for another opinion before making any decision

Hi Babyhelp,

I'm in the same situation, I'm a ivf patient in kk and tested positive. However on my 6 week scan in kk, they say nothing was found in my uterus and Doctor say it's highly unlikely a viable pregnancy and might be a etopic pregnancy, he ask me to stop the progesterone med given to me when I tested positive and ask me to go back for another test 2 days later. I asked him if my hcg is doubling every 2 days it shouldn't be etopic right? He replied me with " if it's not inside the uterus it must be somewhere else right" Me and my husband decided to seek a second opinion in gleneagles as we do not feel comfortable with the one in kk. 2 days later we went to see Dr John Yam from gleneagles, he did a internal scan for me and couldn't see anything as well, but he said my hcg looks normal and he decided to send me down to the gleneagles X-ray department to do a higher resolution scan and they found a sac in my womb measuring 5mm, 2 days later went for another and it grow by 2 mm doctor say it's dated 5 week 4 and say five it some time to monitor and ask me to go back in a week time which is today, waiting for blood test result and seeing the doctor later. You should seek for another opinion before making any decision

Hope you are well. Thanks God you seek a 2nd opinion.

All the best and gd luck. Do update me, hope everything is ok. Praise the lord. I already went through my epotic pregnancy operation as prof john tee said it's not growing in my uterus but outside and it's dangerous for me to keep as it's life threatening for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Only ultrasound scan can know if it is a ectopic pregnancy? Or thru hcg level also can determine?

Yes vaginal scan can test where baby is and is accurate. As for HCG can be confirmed only with you latest blood results. Don't worry have faith in god. All the best and gd luck. Who is your gynae?

Back