IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Ok.. today went for an appt and dr thh told me that i got 3+3. He suggested transferring 2 and i was of cos in shock. I wasnt prepared on having twins. And that number didnt sound like a big number to.blast. after that dr tan say or i want to wait till day 5 and transfer 1? I had merely a minute to make that decision cos dr tan seem to be rushing somewhere.

I decided to wait for blast and fingers crossed i wont regret the decision. I mean, if blast isnt possible he wouldnt recommend that right? No idea why he did not propose transferring 1 today instead. I asked the nurse like if i made a bad decision, the nurse said that its a good thing to wait for blast and she told me the risks are low since the embryologist suggested blast. Otherwise they wont suggest. Lets hope my embbies stay strong and grow well! All 6 of them!!!!

Yey!! Just started my first jab today with 300mg of gonal f. Sound a lot but well I guess I have to trust dr tan recommendation.

Yey!! Just started my first jab today with 300mg of gonal f. Sound a lot but well I guess I have to trust dr tan recommendation.
Yes you have to! Thats what he told me! Cos i was so scared and cried during stims when my follicles did not grow. And during ET he said, ok what! You see that time you so scared. I told him cos the nurse say might abort. He say, dont listen to them listen to me.

Is this ur first fresh? Did dr tan mention why he will be using 300 mg ?
Yup. This is my first fresh. He did not mentioned to me why but I suspect because of my age. I failed one so iui last sept. Nothing wrong with both me and hubby, so we are catergoried under unexplainable case. Haiz...

Yes you have to! Thats what he told me! Cos i was so scared and cried during stims when my follicles did not grow. And during ET he said, ok what! You see that time you so scared. I told him cos the nurse say might abort. He say, dont listen to them listen to me.
I was a bit shock when the nurse told me I had to jab this amount from the start. Somemore the nurse told me my egg reserve consider very good for my age and then I even ask nurse if I will suffer from OHSS. Will see how my first scan on next Monday.

Last edited:
I was a bit shock when the nurse told me I had to jab this amount from the start. Somemore the nurse told me my egg reserve consider very good for my age and then I even ask nurse if I will suffer from OHSS. Will see how my first scan on next Monday.

My last cycle is with 450 gonal F, I was very worried about the high dosage but I told myself let's have faith in THH. We are in good hands. I managed to retrieved 16 and didn't have OHSS... but Super bloated. Just make sure u eat enough egg white and drink a lot!

My last cycle is with 450 gonal F, I was very worried about the high dosage but I told myself let's have faith in THH. We are in good hands. I managed to retrieved 16 and didn't have OHSS... but Super bloated. Just make sure u eat enough egg white and drink a lot!
Wow.. may I know is it 450mg right from the start? But 16 is a good number. Hope I can get that many too. I have been feeling bloated since my first jab yesterday. Ha!!

No, this is my 3rd cycle. Don't worry abt the dosage and trust THH
I see.. yup will just do what's been told for this journey. Just a bit worried and nervous because If this time round failed, I will have to go for private. No more subsidize for me. Sob...

I am new to this thread. I'm going for my IVF in May. Can anyone tell me how many jabs do u need to take and starting from which day of your cycle? Is the jab painful? Is the injection is like a pen or like a real injection :eek:

I am new to this thread. I'm going for my IVF in May. Can anyone tell me how many jabs do u need to take and starting from which day of your cycle? Is the jab painful? Is the injection is like a pen or like a real injection :eek:

How many jabs depends on the response u have to the treatment. I assume this is ur first cycle and you have not done IUI before. As such, the doc will trial and error and see how you react and adjust accordingly. E.g. increase dosage/change meds

For me i was on short protocol(stimulate for shorter days) but ended up on a long protocol where i jabbed for 19days. I started with 1 jab for first 4 days, to 2 jabs. The usual is 2 jabs. One stim and one blocker. Thereafter i did not respond well so my dosage increased and got a new jab. Total 3 jabs a day.

If u r on gonal f, its almost painless as the needle is very fine and its pen. Of cos the fear of needles might make u feel scared. I was.

Blocker is stringe so i will ice the area before jabbing. My other injection was also stringe where i need to draw the solution and jab. It is not painful painful but more stinging and the fear of needles.

But... once u start, u will know injections is just one small hurdle. There will be emotional stress and risks that may be harder to handle. Sometimes its hard to stay positive but just hang in there. Having support group helps very much!

Thanks dear.
How many jabs depends on the response u have to the treatment. I assume this is ur first cycle and you have not done IUI before. As such, the doc will trial and error and see how you react and adjust accordingly. E.g. increase dosage/change meds

For me i was on short protocol(stimulate for shorter days) but ended up on a long protocol where i jabbed for 19days. I started with 1 jab for first 4 days, to 2 jabs. The usual is 2 jabs. One stim and one blocker. Thereafter i did not respond well so my dosage increased and got a new jab. Total 3 jabs a day.

If u r on gonal f, its almost painless as the needle is very fine and its pen. Of cos the fear of needles might make u feel scared. I was.

Blocker is stringe so i will ice the area before jabbing. My other injection was also stringe where i need to draw the solution and jab. It is not painful painful but more stinging and the fear of needles.

But... once u start, u will know injections is just one small hurdle. There will be emotional stress and risks that may be harder to handle. Sometimes its hard to stay positive but just hang in there. Having support group helps very much!

I had a scare today. I saw fresh blood after doing my big business at the toilet. But i flushed almost immediately so no chance to take a second look. Thereafter i panicked and keep swiping my V to check for bleeds, it was very tiny blood stains on my toilet paper which become darkish and brown after several swipes.

I went down to kkh and they took a bt. Its too early just 6dp5dt. Hcg was at 30.5. I was given a jab and on oral medication.

Anyone experienced something like that? Dr tan said could be blood from my ER.. since i did not see blood or clots ever since ER. Is my hcg normal? Need another bt on Monday and Friday.

I had a scare today. I saw fresh blood after doing my big business at the toilet. But i flushed almost immediately so no chance to take a second look. Thereafter i panicked and keep swiping my V to check for bleeds, it was very tiny blood stains on my toilet paper which become darkish and brown after several swipes.

I went down to kkh and they took a bt. Its too early just 6dp5dt. Hcg was at 30.5. I was given a jab and on oral medication.

Anyone experienced something like that? Dr tan said could be blood from my ER.. since i did not see blood or clots ever since ER. Is my hcg normal? Need another bt on Monday and Friday.

Congrats! Since it's 6dp5dt I think it's a reasonable level. It's good that THH gave u a support jab!

That's exactly what I went through. Fresh blood visible on my pantyliner on 5th day post FET which slowly turned brown over next 2 days. But I only did a BT at 10dp5dt so my hcg was higher at 500+. It's still early so wait for the 2nd BT and keep positive.

I'm in my 13th week of pregnancy now. :)

Congrats! Since it's 6dp5dt I think it's a reasonable level. It's good that THH gave u a support jab!

Thanks for the encouragement!! Fingers crossed!!

That's exactly what I went through. Fresh blood visible on my pantyliner on 5th day post FET which slowly turned brown over next 2 days. But I only did a BT at 10dp5dt so my hcg was higher at 500+. It's still early so wait for the 2nd BT and keep positive.

I'm in my 13th week of pregnancy now. :)

Thats definitely an inspiration. I was so scared i flushed the embryo down the toilet bowl when i first saw the blood.

Thanks for the encouragement!! Fingers crossed!!

Thats definitely an inspiration. I was so scared i flushed the embryo down the toilet bowl when i first saw the blood.

If that really did happen, there's nothing you could have done. At this stage now, dr won't scan you till week 5 ( around 3 weeks past transfer) cos can't see anything, so as long as ur hcg keeps rising, u're in good shape! Whatever it is, ur embaby (or embabies) implanted and that's a good progress from our previous infertile status! All the best!

1. How do u ladies make payment for continuity of embryo storage at kkh? Ive received letter stating payment due but only a form to state if i want to dispose embryos...

Login to ur kkh account n make the payment frm there.

Hi ladies.
just went for my first scan today, after 7 days of injection. I have 2 follicles met the minimum size and plenty of small one. Was only given 1 more day jab and hopefully the rest will grow. So sad. Not sure how much the follicles can grow in one day. Haiz... Below is my reading:

Lining- 8.7 triple
Right - 17, 16.5, 15.5, 11.5, 11, 11, 10, 8.5, 7,7
Left- 13, 12, 11, 10.5, 7.5, 7

If that really did happen, there's nothing you could have done. At this stage now, dr won't scan you till week 5 ( around 3 weeks past transfer) cos can't see anything, so as long as ur hcg keeps rising, u're in good shape! Whatever it is, ur embaby (or embabies) implanted and that's a good progress from our previous infertile status! All the best!
Did bt today! Hcg is 118! Fingers crossed

Hi ladies.
just went for my first scan today, after 7 days of injection. I have 2 follicles met the minimum size and plenty of small one. Was only given 1 more day jab and hopefully the rest will grow. So sad. Not sure how much the follicles can grow in one day. Haiz... Below is my reading:

Lining- 8.7 triple
Right - 17, 16.5, 15.5, 11.5, 11, 11, 10, 8.5, 7,7
Left- 13, 12, 11, 10.5, 7.5, 7

Think only will retrieve 3-4 eggs ba eat egg white n royal jelly n pray it will grow ba

Hi ladies,

For those who are undergoing stimulation and worried about number of follicles, I just like to share that while it may be assuring to see more number reaching the optimal size, it is utilmately quality that matters more. I extracted
about 20 follicles for both my fresh cycles but the number of fertilized embbies did not end up better than most ladies here. We have seen ladies who have 5-6 extracted but all successfully cultured into blasts. So focus on quality and like many say, we just need 1 miracle embryo to grow healthily to our rainbow baby!

Will they send us reminder?
Ive called them for clarification...for embryo storage payment they first sent letter to stat if you intend to dispose them for whatever reason. 2nd letter will come by in 2weeks time after the 1st letter for payment purposes if they do not receive news frm u abt the disposable of balances embryos.

Ive called them for clarification...for embryo storage payment they first sent letter to stat if you intend to dispose them for whatever reason. 2nd letter will come by in 2weeks time after the 1st letter for payment purposes if they do not receive news frm u abt the disposable of balances embryos.
Thanks dear!

I experienced spotting today despite having a 118.2hcg reading on 9dp5dt. Today is 11dp5dt. My bt is scheduled on friday, 13dp5dt.

I tested on the pregnancy kit but its negative :(

Today had quite abit of spotting. Kinda down too.

I experienced spotting today despite having a 118.2hcg reading on 9dp5dt. Today is 11dp5dt. My bt is scheduled on friday, 13dp5dt.

Blood test is the most accurate one. Previously I tested on kit too even on the eve of my scheduled blood test. Also negative but when I go for the blood test I am positive. I delivered. Even I have spotting when I expecting. 3 espiodes during my pregnancy. Think positive. Talk to your beanies hold tight. They can feel you. Jia you. For us we need to continue the support jab or med until almost pass the 1st tri

Did u call the hospital? When was ur last jab?

I did. They gave me a jab last fri. They just told me to continue with medication and go back for bt tomorrow
Hi sharkles, just curious KK offered to give you the jab when you called to report on spotting before BT? I was told they are usually quite sticky about jabs unless HCG level is above their baseline of 250. It's good if they are more prepared to offer support now.

Take care and all the best for your BT tomorrow!

I started with 300mg of gonal-f. He told me he increase dosage based on my last 2 iui result and i bfp. So just trust the doc. Good luck and baby dust to you.

Hi ladies,

For those who are undergoing stimulation and worried about number of follicles, I just like to share that while it may be assuring to see more number reaching the optimal size, it is utilmately quality that matters more. I extracted
about 20 follicles for both my fresh cycles but the number of fertilized embbies did not end up better than most ladies here. We have seen ladies who have 5-6 extracted but all successfully cultured into blasts. So focus on quality and like many say, we just need 1 miracle embryo to grow healthily to our rainbow baby!
Totally agreed. I had 19 on last scan. Retrieve 13, 6+1 on day 3. 2+2 on day 5. Transfer the best blast and bfp. Kkh say they wanna monitor the early blast + 2 obeserving till day 6 but endup freeze 0. So we actually just need 1 good 1 to bfp. =) jiayou ladies.

I started with 300mg of gonal-f. He told me he increase dosage based on my last 2 iui result and i bfp. So just trust the doc. Good luck and baby dust to you.
Thanks Daledale. Done with ER this morning. Retrieved 11. Quite surprised of the number though. Now just need to pray for good one!! By the way, I was told on the day of ET which is coming Monday, doc will tell me the option of D2 or D5? I thought I will be able to know the option upfront and not actual day of ET?

Last edited:
Thanks Daledale. Done with ER this morning. Retrieved 11. Quite surprised of the number though. Now just need to pray for good one!! By the way, I was told on the day of ET which is coming Monday, doc will tell me the option of D2 or D5? I thought I will be able to know the option upfront and not actual day of ET?

Hihi, we will only know on D2/3, it depends on how many retrieved eggs are successfully fertilised. It's the no is good, doc will usually propose D5.

Yes during day 3 ET, you need to fast the night before. Then i wait in ET room for doctor to come. When doctor came then tell how many embryo fertilize and how many good grade and observing. And decide weather you transfer D3 or wait for blast.

Hi sharkles, just curious KK offered to give you the jab when you called to report on spotting before BT? I was told they are usually quite sticky about jabs unless HCG level is above their baseline of 250. It's good if they are more prepared to offer support now.

Take care and all the best for your BT tomorrow!

Thanks babe. Acty when i called kkivf during the first incident, they told me to go down for bt. That was 6dp5dt and hcg was 30+ and dr tan proposed for me to get a jab. 9dp5dt i took another bt and was 118. Today bt was 502.2 and i got another jab today. I think depending on doc i suppose?

Last edited:
Yes during day 3 ET, you need to fast the night before. Then i wait in ET room for doctor to come. When doctor came then tell how many embryo fertilize and how many good grade and observing. And decide weather you transfer D3 or wait for blast.
I prefer to blast if that option is given to me. Pray hard for good grade now :)

Thanks babe. Acty when i called kkivf during the first incident, they told me to go down for bt. That was 6dp5dt and hcg was 50+ and dr tan proposed for me to get a jab. 9dp5dt i took another bt and was 118. Today bt was 502.2 and i got another jab today. I think depending on doc i suppose?
Congrats to you!

You requested to see Dr Tan or they arranged to let you see him after BT at 6dp5dt? I asked because my HCG was 175 the last round on BT day. I was spotting (or light bleeding) and requested for a jab but the nurse refused to give it to me. I had to rush to a private gynae to get a jab. Although it still turned out to be a chemical pregnancy then, just want to understand if there is a change in protocol should anything of such happen. Touch wood of course!!!

Back