2016/07 July babies

Well done ahboy!

Mine did the peach today. I think a little sour. One bite she sealed the verdict. Hahaha.

And yesterday was French bean. She doesn't even wanna put inside her mouth. Just play play with it with her hands only. After that I ate the leftover oh my so delicious. Organic one and it has just the right amount of sweetness.
Ooh, French bean, how to serve? Steam and give whole thing? Need to pare the outer layer of skin or not?

@tuna. Yes that's what I did. Cut abit the 2 ends and steam 3-4mins then submerge in cool water for some crisp.

Share if tuna jr. likes it! Mine no interest. Looked at the stalks like some weird object.

How are the babies sleeping patten now like? Should be quite a routine by now ya.

Mine still sleeps the same at night. But napping less.

7pm-8pm : last feed and knocked out
1130pm-1230am - dream feed
530am-630am - wakey

She gets 3-4 naps at school. But when weekend at home, too many things going on and she usually only naps twice.

Anyway happy to share that I have done BLW at a restaurant this afternoon! She was slightly distracted but okay after a while. Polished off one whole red plum. Last piece was just down to skin. She threw it on the table when she was done haha.

Happy mama!

27acf61b7201babe1e065be6c57d4289.jpg

@KWL, may i know how should i serve prunes?
I'd like to try it for my son

How are the babies sleeping patten now like? Should be quite a routine by now ya.

Mine still sleeps the same at night. But napping less.

7pm-8pm : last feed and knocked out
1130pm-1230am - dream feed
530am-630am - wakey

She gets 3-4 naps at school. But when weekend at home, too many things going on and she usually only naps twice.

Yea quite routine
9:30-10pm: last feed then knocked out
6am - wakey

Day time 2 long nap 3hr-4hr each, 7:30am and 1pm
1 short nap in the evening 5pm for one hour
Weekend no long nap lah

Now my baby co sleep with me, if u put him in the baby cot he will wake up every hour. Because he like sleep horizontal and baby cot width only 70cm and he is taller than 70cm now. During her sleep he will slowly turn clockwise and get stuck, I can heard his head knock against the baby cot, when he fail to turn clockwise he will get pissed off and will sit and cry out loud. No choice la let him sleep on the bed with me and mid night I will get either kicking from his legs or his head keep pushing against me .

Wah 3-4hrs nap so good. I can go out for a movie and then back lol.
Last weekend found out she napped quite long (2hrs) in the stroller at home. Gonna try it again this weekend. Whichever works man.

Tomorrow ifc is closed for teachers planning day. I took leave and gonna attempt bring her go orchard shopping on my own.

Is it true that Taka has the best nursing room? I haven't tried and gonna check it out tomorrow.

@KWL, may i know how should i serve prunes?
I'd like to try it for my son

I also want to know. I've got them ready now for her when she returns from school later.

I did try it earlier and seems like removing the skin and pit then it will be less sour. I will do that for her later.

I also want to know. I've got them ready now for her when she returns from school later.

I did try it earlier and seems like removing the skin and pit then it will be less sour. I will do that for her later.
Prune remove skin liao the whole thing will fall apart. Plum more firm, will remain intact with skin removed.

Ok thanks mummies. Last night no chance to try as I had to go out. Also bought baby yoghurt to let eat later. Did feed her Greek yoghurt sometime back. It's definitely sourish though I added sweet pears. Hope the baby yoghurt will whet her appetite.

Just sharing .. I bought this neck support I find it very good la .. protect baby neck from falling in front when sleep and also less pressure on the neck when the car sudden brake.
5abc4224428c78cea68e9f54f7f1f52d.jpg

Emk me keen on this. My gal always sleeps in car with head hanging forward. Can share where you bought? Thanks.

Did you all give commercial bread/bun to your LO? I'm clueless on baking but If give those plain bun (like those served in western restaurant with the soup of the day :p ) is it ok? Do such plain bread contain eggs?

Emk me keen on this. My gal always sleeps in car with head hanging forward. Can share where you bought? Thanks.

Hi redvel,I bought from mothercare@harbour front, near to the car seat section. :) oh ya I bought for 1yrs old one.

Today wanna try blw with blue berries but cannot find it from the ntuc near my house, so no choice lo take dragon fruit and mentally prepared to clear the mess. But to my surprise, emk jr grab the dragon fruit from the bowl with his left hand and slowly eat it like a big boss and he finished whole slice. No messed. After that just need to clean to his mouth area and his left palm. Oh ya who baby still refuse to whole milk bottle ? Emk jr don't want to hold leh, I grab his hand to the bottle and he pull it away.

Did you all give commercial bread/bun to your LO? I'm clueless on baking but If give those plain bun (like those served in western restaurant with the soup of the day ) is it ok? Do such plain bread contain eggs?
Bubbles has been rather sensitive to a number of foods so I am careful not to give her commercial food. They tend to contain a lot of salt and sugar, and preservatives.

The fb blw grp recommends baking own bread, or buying those hainanese white bread that grows mouldy within 3 days. Or from bakeries that list the ingredients, like Duke's bakery....

I bake my own low sugar (just enough to activate the yeast though it's not really necessary), no salt wholemeal bread. I had thought that since she doesn't really eat much of anything, a small quantity would not hurt but the commercial bread I gave her resulted in bad rashes all over her face so I dare not anymore.

Your comfort level ba! If I could, I would, it's not like every meal everyday, more like a treat once a week/month should be alright!

Did you all give commercial bread/bun to your LO? I'm clueless on baking but If give those plain bun (like those served in western restaurant with the soup of the day :p ) is it ok? Do such plain bread contain eggs?

I gave Ian Mac Filet-o-fish bun, the white color one and he loves it. Keep asking for more (until I can only eat my fish -.-)

Also, the ikea bun to go with soup of the day, also ok. But it's slightly harder.

Honestly, nowadays when we go out and eat, i will let him eat a bit of here and there. He always look so interested in our food and I feel so bad not giving him some....

Today I gave her the bread from Duke (thanks for sharing @snowfern !). Bought the whole meal bread without egg and in low salt and sugar (it tastes quite sweet wondering is it sugar or from something else).

So first time she ate bread and she seems to enjoy. But as usual, only eat a little.

I'm planning to take her out of IFC for at least a month or two or maybe longer I'm not sure at this point. She has mild bronchitis as per PD today. Her cough n phlegm and runny nose never have gone away since she got it from IFC. PD says may be a good idea to take her off for a month or so to break the virus attack.

I hope it's as easy as I quit my job to take care of her but it's not. Today I feel so down.

But someone has volunteered to take care of her. But I'm not sure if it's really gonna happen for good or not.

Hubby and I still like the idea of her mingling in school as she loves children to play with. So ultimately we hope to put her health as number one first then see how to return back to the environment she enjoys.

Wondering anyone bring your lo go for courses ?

Am thinking of bringing him to the MyGym place to play. He likes to crawl and trying to stand up on his own nowadays. So thought we can bring him for some gym classes so that he can exercise a bit more. Plus they have the mats there so it won't be painful if he fell or anything...

Today I gave her the bread from Duke (thanks for sharing @snowfern !). Bought the whole meal bread without egg and in low salt and sugar (it tastes quite sweet wondering is it sugar or from something else).

So first time she ate bread and she seems to enjoy. But as usual, only eat a little.

I'm planning to take her out of IFC for at least a month or two or maybe longer I'm not sure at this point. She has mild bronchitis as per PD today. Her cough n phlegm and runny nose never have gone away since she got it from IFC. PD says may be a good idea to take her off for a month or so to break the virus attack.

I hope it's as easy as I quit my job to take care of her but it's not. Today I feel so down.

But someone has volunteered to take care of her. But I'm not sure if it's really gonna happen for good or not.

Hubby and I still like the idea of her mingling in school as she loves children to play with. So ultimately we hope to put her health as number one first then see how to return back to the environment she enjoys.

Oh dear, hope can get well soon

Am thinking of bringing him to the MyGym place to play. He likes to crawl and trying to stand up on his own nowadays. So thought we can bring him for some gym classes so that he can exercise a bit more. Plus they have the mats there so it won't be painful if he fell or anything...
No.1 I tried kindermusic at 9mths. Once a wk. Is music + excerise.

I remember someone mentioned about adding cereal into milk for longer night sleep.

Is there anything I should look out for when doing that? Her teat is the biggest already. And what kind of cereal is that? Those instant cereal? (Which I'm trying to avoid. Didn't give her commercial cereal so far).

Wah so nice.. most babies here sleep thru the night le.. mine still wakes up in the night. Normally I will feed at 9 to 930pm then she will sleep till 12 plus.. 1am. Then 5am again..
as to food, I'm really clueless. I have been making porridge and pumpkin purée and she really eats very little. I dun remember my first 2 girls eat as little as her. She still falls under the 10 percentile in terms of weight. My mil keep asking me why she is so small in size, did I I'll treat her since she is my third? Omg??!! Then I told her how abt I pass to her for 1 mth and let her pump her weight up? Then she told me ya lor, then she can cook nicer porridge for her! Dunno if she is going to put what in the porridge? Haiz.. really headache

It has been a week since my gal is out from IFC. We see dramatic improvements. Her cough and congested chest are gone. Drinking more and so happy to see her napping more and longer (can take almost 3hrs nap twice a day and another 1 or 2 short naps of 30-40mins). And she now usually wakes up smiley compared to last time. When she was ill, she woke up crying and coughing and rubbing her nose because of mucus.

PD did comment just let her eat anything since her weight gain is slow due to the bronchitis. Past days, gave her lotsa bread (her fav now) and even ate chee cheong fan and yam cake. She loves them all and ate quite a fair bit for her little stomach. I also went to buy Marmite last night. Today mil will add abit into porridge.

I've always planned to introduce her "outside" food only when she hits 1yr old. But for her situation, I personally feel increasing her intake of any sort (of moderation) outweighs my plan.

Aiyo Verluv why you mil say that huh. But maybe she meant it in joking way.

My LO top teeth all 4 come out already! So she has nice 6 teeth now :)

Those last time reported bo-geh one, still bo-geh now? :p

My one friend her son 1yr old still bo-geh and also doesn't like solid food hehe.

It has been a week since my gal is out from IFC. We see dramatic improvements. Her cough and congested chest are gone. Drinking more and so happy to see her napping more and longer (can take almost 3hrs nap twice a day and another 1 or 2 short naps of 30-40mins). And she now usually wakes up smiley compared to last time. When she was ill, she woke up crying and coughing and rubbing her nose because of mucus.

PD did comment just let her eat anything since her weight gain is slow due to the bronchitis. Past days, gave her lotsa bread (her fav now) and even ate chee cheong fan and yam cake. She loves them all and ate quite a fair bit for her little stomach. I also went to buy Marmite last night. Today mil will add abit into porridge.

I've always planned to introduce her "outside" food only when she hits 1yr old. But for her situation, I personally feel increasing her intake of any sort (of moderation) outweighs my plan.

Aiyo Verluv why you mil say that huh. But maybe she meant it in joking way.

My gal since the first time caught running nose, she keep on having mucus. She keep on squeezing from time to time and the nose is always wet. I used the nose aspirator and always suck out wet loose mucus. Then dunno is it she have breathing difficulties due to the mucus or she is just playing. She will do this by opening her mouth "heh heh heh" like breathing.

Just brought her to KKH this morning cos she did not poo for 2 days and she is feeling uncomfortable. Cried at night. Dr insert medicine and after she poo all out she sleep very deeply and so happy talking and playing by herself. She still on BM but dunno why suddenly can get consitpated.

Glad that yr LO is getting a lot better. Now I dunno should I let her stay at home becos of her nose issue. Hiaz....

My one friend her son 1yr old still bo-geh and also doesn't like solid food hehe.

Woah so fast 6 teeth already .. mine still 2 on the bottom HahaHaha

My girl has only 2 bottom teeth.

by the way, have you all started to plan your little one's 1st birthday? I am still thinking hard on the venue

Ian has 6 teeth now, top 4 all grown out now. Beware of biting monster! :D

Started planning on his first birthday. Initially wanted to hold at a cafe, but after seeing the quotation, and each item charges by charges, i decided to take things in my hand! With the amount charged by the cafe, I can do it myself maybe at a fraction of a price. :eek: (Hub is secretly smiling because I help to save him some money!)

Going for a Mickey Mouse theme (my childhood favorite character), already ordered his birthday cake and some cakes and macaroons for the dessert table. Will also be DIY-ing the decorations and those Instagram photo frame thingy. Though a lot of work, but it's still not that late to start on it. :p:p

I don't think I'll have too much prep work for her birthday celebration. Even man yue also quite simple although a lot of people. But still gotta think of a venue soon.

Actually I like the venue at Safra TPY and their charges are quite reasonable but it is too far from my place. I don't really want to do it at home cos I can't imagine the clean up after the celebration.

As for the theme, I haven't plan yet. If there's not enough time, then I will use use either hello kitty , minnie mouse or anything pink will do!:p

Thanks for the idea at safra tpy. Venue is very good for me. My inlaws will be very pleased if I pick there :) Will discuss with hubby and check out the rates.

We Lao Mummy and Daddy, probably keeping it quiet just us and MIL and a small cake that she can partake of... Didn't even do manyue, only 4th mth celebration and already sheck.

Initially I also wanna do Mickey Mouse theme leh coz also my childhood dream to Mickey Mouse cake, but the venue chair is those leather light brown colour like not matching with Mickey leh .. my friend suggest to do safari zoo theme, green and brown hahah

HAHA~ We are also thinking nothing at home is going to match our Mickey Mouse theme, so got to DIY alot...It's like even bigger project compared to when planning for our wedding :rolleyes:

My girl has 2 bottom teeth and can see that there is a little white spot on the upper gum. Think one more upper tooth coming out.

Wah redvel, yours can nap so long. Think it's a good thing. Baby needs to nap and drink more milk then will grow faster.. haha quoted by my mum la. But somehow I think it's true coz this little notti girl of mine doesn't like to sleep and drink very little milk so now still 小小只

HAHA~ We are also thinking nothing at home is going to match our Mickey Mouse theme, so got to DIY alot...It's like even bigger project compared to when planning for our wedding :rolleyes:

I not dare to do at home ... the cleaning part very scary haha and not big enough to invite 50pax.
U can diy the dessert table, i see ezbuy got those beautiful cake stand. And I found a reasonable price for macaron tower .. but too bad the restaurant only allowed me to bring in cake only .. sigh nvm la the buffet got dessert section too

Verluv, my gal now suddenly decides to nap longer because she is pretty much well from the virus bug. And ONLY when she sleeps in stroller. My mil found out she could sleep better in stroller because she was having heavy blocked nose. Haaa now we just let her nap and night sleep in stroller as she really can sleep longer that way. I don't want to deprive her of sleep. I mean we can train her back to cot but I think me and hubby too lazy. Moreover I feel she will eventually outgrow it one day.

Last edited:

Back