IVF at KKH

Wonder if the wait is the same for private and subsided patient. I'm under subsidized.

Hope I don't have to queue for July slot which is 4 months away.

In ivf clinic all are consider private rate. When i sign up the Q is appx 6 mths. Do Q in advance.

Thanks for the quick reply! Forgot to ask the nurse, I read somewhere before that it is done on the thigh.

I asked the nurse this last week. Thigh is if the jab is given by nurse. It needs to avoid muscle area. For the self jab, tummy will do.

may i know the pain of the injection still can toleranceable? will they be a lot of green black?

Last edited:
So it's normal??? I am so sian when doc tan told me I can't transfer today.. so how's ur FET?
My 1st fresh cycle didn't gave this problem n only 2nd then happened. So it is possible. Dr tan asked me to do medicated FET in following month but I ovulated quite early and cancelled again. Then did another natural FET in later month then it succeed. Now 21weeks pregnant.

My 1st fresh cycle didn't gave this problem n only 2nd then happened. So it is possible. Dr tan asked me to do medicated FET in following month but I ovulated quite early and cancelled again. Then did another natural FET in later month then it succeed. Now 21weeks pregnant.
Hi mimi,
Great!! Thanks for the good news! I crossing finger now!! How many embryo did u fertilised?

Hi mimi,
Great!! Thanks for the good news! I crossing finger now!! How many embryo did u fertilised?
FET is lot smoother for me than fresh. No bloating, no pain. Just focus on lining and transfer embryo. Fertilised 8, freezed 8 at day 2. But he suggested blast transfer. So they thawed 4 out 8 and cultured to blast until day5. 2 survived and transferred these 2.

FET is lot smoother for me than fresh. No bloating, no pain. Just focus on lining and transfer embryo. Fertilised 8, freezed 8 at day 2. But he suggested blast transfer. So they thawed 4 out 8 and cultured to blast until day5. 2 survived and transferred these 2.
I oso very worried if I doing fresh transfer as I am super bloated!!! Thanks for the good news and congratulations!!!!

Y FET transfer require lesser day than ET? So funny
I think probably because we are free from any jabs and also because we need not require time for our body to recover especially after ER. As FET, they will only scan then once lining ok, they will transfer the embryo. Not very tedious like fresh whereby u need to jab everyday.

yeah one of my hubby's client who is a doctor. she said that FET has it advantages too. because your body is in a better condition as you are not subjected to stimulation jabs & all.

may i know the pain of the injection still can toleranceable? will they be a lot of green black?

The pain is bearable. Gonal F is slightly easier to jab as it is like a pen injection. I didn't get any blue black. You may pinch your tummy before injection and during the needles go in the tummy, this will help to ease the pain slightly.

At times, it does bleed after the injection, but its normal as long as the injection goes in your tummy.

Oh ya, KKH nurse advised not to use ice to numb our tummy. This will create a burning effect to the skin which will be even more pain than the injection.

Just take a deep breath before the needle goes in and everything will be done in a blink of eyes.

Went for my blood test today at 8am. Kkh called me to inform Positive at appx 1020am. Went back KKH to collect medication (bet 2-5pm)
Really glad i opt for Dr Tan Heng Hao.
My remaining 3 embryos didnt survived till day 6 (they say growing but quality not gd enough), so i freeze 0.
Thank god the best 1 is in me and successful.
Spreading baby dust to those who are still waiting for result. Jiayou.

Going back to Dr Zou (TCM) to get an tai capsule next week. =)

Went for my blood test today at 8am. Kkh called me to inform Positive at appx 1020am. Went back KKH to collect medication (bet 2-5pm)
My remaining 3 embryos didnt survived till day 6 (they say growing but quality not gd enough), so i freeze 0.

I was told by my doc that at this initial stage, we are not suppose to take any Chinese med.

Congratulations!!!!! Fresh cycle??? I oso with tcm Dr zou!!!

I was told by my doc that at this initial stage, we are not suppose to take any Chinese med.
Oh really ya. Which doctor told you? I haven't get to see my doctor yet.
Tcm ask me go back can take some an tai capsule / herb.
I was hoping it help for the first trimester.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to IVF.

Anyone heard of PGS ( pre-implantation genetic screening)? This is embryo screening that can help to remove genetically flawed embryo before transfer. so, it can reduce Recurrent pregnancy loss or embryo with genetically impacted... Pretty common practice in US, Australia and I heard even in Malaysia.

I know that it's not permitted but read in newspaper that it is offered on a trial basis.
http://www.todayonline.com/daily-fo...-screening-overseas-improve-pregnancy-chances

Is anyone part of this pilot program?

Last edited:
The pain is bearable. Gonal F is slightly easier to jab as it is like a pen injection. I didn't get any blue black. You may pinch your tummy before injection and during the needles go in the tummy, this will help to ease the pain slightly.

At times, it does bleed after the injection, but its normal as long as the injection goes in your tummy.

Oh ya, KKH nurse advised not to use ice to numb our tummy. This will create a burning effect to the skin which will be even more pain than the injection.

Just take a deep breath before the needle goes in and everything will be done in a blink of eyes.
wao lao still bleed so scary

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to IVF.

Anyone heard of PGS ( pre-implantation genetic screening)? This is embryo screening that can help to remove genetically flawed embryo before transfer. so, it can reduce Recurrent pregnancy loss or embryo with genetically impacted... Pretty common practice in US, Australia and I heard even in Malaysia.

I know that it's not permitted but read in newspaper that it is offered on a trial basis.
http://www.todayonline.com/daily-fo...-screening-overseas-improve-pregnancy-chances

Is anyone part of this pilot program?

Heard pilot run in NUH starting may ( last heard few weeks back was Q till jul)
But the cost is quite high.

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

I heard that hcg need to reach 10k and above then scan can see something. You see ur doc and see what he say.

http://blogs.webmd.com/healthy-pregnancy/2005/11/hcg-levels-and-ultrasounds-in-early-pregnancy.html

Can read here about hcg and scan

Last edited:
Hi, just done my egg retrieval on Sat and had my appointment with the doc yesterday for the results, total 30 eggs are retrieval and 21 are good one. And scheduled for ET this Thursday but doc said this Thursday they might continue with the ET or cancel and do FET instead depends on my condition. i'm super bloated now.. =( any advise how to reduce the bloating? hai...

Hi, just done my egg retrieval on Sat and had my appointment with the doc yesterday for the results, total 30 eggs are retrieval and 21 are good one. And scheduled for ET this Thursday but doc said this Thursday they might continue with the ET or cancel and do FET instead depends on my condition. i'm super bloated now.. =( any advise how to reduce the bloating? hai...

Drink lots of isotonic drink like Pocari sweat. This helps with ohss bloating.

Wow you had a lot of gd eggs that is gd news. Good Luck for your ET.

Back