IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

First few days after et impt for implant. Try rest more. Good luck and baby dust to you. I'm super bored too. 6 days like 2 weeks wait. Lol
Oh! I couldn't sleep well, for IDK why. Certainly not stress but hubb was saying I kept having dreams and talks off and on, which was unusual for me >.<
Started doing abit of sit down packing of the house today. Lol!

Hi ladies, I just started my first jab today! Any cycle buddy here??
Hi,
I starting my 1st jab on 10th March and today is my 11 day jab... My ER most properly will be this week Sat... This is my 2nd try after failed my 1st want last year Dec.. Hope will success this time..

im joining nipper study at NUH and drinking their supplement drink, eat supplement like coq10, royal jelly. hubby is eating fertiity blend,
countboost for men, fertilaid for men, GNC meca men

Hi Lady081980,

Where do u get Fertility Blend from? The rest can find at GNC?

Hi,
I starting my 1st jab on 10th March and today is my 11 day jab... My ER most properly will be this week Sat... This is my 2nd try after failed my 1st want last year Dec.. Hope will success this time..
Hi yenni.. how many days of jab u took? Seem long. Did the doc able to find out the first reason for the failed ivf so he know what can be done to increase the chances this time round? I hope he did and I pray for your success.

Oh! I couldn't sleep well, for IDK why. Certainly not stress but hubb was saying I kept having dreams and talks off and on, which was unusual for me >.<
Started doing abit of sit down packing of the house today. Lol!

I also couldnt sleep well. Slept late wokeup early. Try nap but seems tough too. Just dont feel tired. Lol

Hi yenni.. how many days of jab u took? Seem long. Did the doc able to find out the first reason for the failed ivf so he know what can be done to increase the chances this time round? I hope he did and I pray for your success.[/QUOTE

My 1st jab is centrotide 5days .. Gonal f dosage 225 for 6 days and decrease dosage to187.5 for 2 days in between there is centrotide too... don't think is long ... I had 16 days jab on my 1st IVF.. Is depend your follicle size. If your follicle size is big your jab will be short, if size is small you will have longer jab.My 1st failed due to my hormone is low thats why not success and other reason too.. They increase my Gonal F dosage from previously 150 to 225 and jab Zomacton for hormone at certain days. Btw where you do your IVF and is this your 1st time? Thank u.. hope will success this time...

Last edited:
Depending whether you are going natural FET or medicated FET, the doctor will decide. Mainly based on your menses regularity history. Mine was medicated because I had a Super haywired menses and I had post OHSS even without any fresh transfer. Thus, I rested for like one whole month before starting the 6weeks process. Total pause for 10weeks. Good in a sense I picked myself up in terms of emotional and also had some time to clear work due to the rest taken from ER.
Thanks for the reply. Why is medical fet 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks? What medication were you given?

Yenni, I am with KKH. What about you? I started with 300 units of gonal f for 1st 4 days, follow by gonal f plus orgalutran for another 3 days, then scan on coming Monday. Yup, my first ivf before I turn 40 soon and hope to strike the first time if not, next will be going for private since no more subsidize :( Pray hard!

Thanks for the reply. Why is medical fet 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks? What medication were you given?
I was given Mercilon for 21 Days (so that's 3 weeks already), waited for menses to start which takes 3-5 days after 21st day of Mercilon, blood test and starts Prognova for 14Days (that's another 2weeks). If lining is good, during Day14 scan, it will be considered Day 0 of your blastocyst or embryo. So add the 3-5 days of waiting for menses and the days of scan to ET, it's another 1week (if ur lining not good then another 1 week or so?)..
As to why it is not 4weeks, IDK. I was told its 6weeks from the start ;)

I was given Mercilon for 21 Days (so that's 3 weeks already), waited for menses to start which takes 3-5 days after 21st day of Mercilon, blood test and starts Prognova for 14Days (that's another 2weeks). If lining is good, during Day14 scan, it will be considered Day 0 of your blastocyst or embryo. So add the 3-5 days of waiting for menses and the days of scan to ET, it's another 1week (if ur lining not good then another 1 week or so?)..
As to why it is not 4weeks, IDK. I was told its 6weeks from the start ;)
Thats quite alot of monitoring thanks

Yenni, I am with KKH. What about you? I started with 300 units of gonal f for 1st 4 days, follow by gonal f plus orgalutran for another 3 days, then scan on coming Monday. Yup, my first ivf before I turn 40 soon and hope to strike the first time if not, next will be going for private since no more subsidize :( Pray hard!
Hi

I'm with SGH.. Had done my last scanning today n going to do my ER on next Monday. Add in more jab Gonal f 150, Centrotide, Zomacton n last jab Lucrin on Sat night. Mi too going strike 40 soon.. Take more protein food n supplement .. Hope u will success on your 1St IVF.. Good luck..

Last edited:
Hi

I'm with SGH.. Had done my last scanning today n going to do my ER on next Monday. Add in more jab Gonal f 150, Centrotide, Zomacton n last jab Lucrin on Sat night. Mi too going strike 40 soon.. Take more protein food n supplement .. Hope u will success on your 1St IVF.. Good luck..
Good Luck Yenni

Hi

Good luck to you too :)

All the best to you, MichNg!

How is ovidrel different from cronine insert? Oral medication or jab?

Thank you I still hv crinone inserts. Ovidrel is extra, dr say for extra support. It's the same as the trigger jab but smaller dose.

After an IVF cycle filled with emotional roller coasters, I'm really really thankful it ended well with a BFP (blood test today). Hopefully my beta will double well each bt, and the scan 2 wks later will be good, showing that bb is growing well.

I'm very grateful to superb support from ladies here in the forum - thank you so much! :) The information shared here been a great resource in my prepping and during the IVF itself. Baby dust to all here!! :)

After an IVF cycle filled with emotional roller coasters, I'm really really thankful it ended well with a BFP (blood test today). Hopefully my beta will double well each bt, and the scan 2 wks later will be good, showing that bb is growing well.

I'm very grateful to superb support from ladies here in the forum - thank you so much! :) The information shared here been a great resource in my prepping and during the IVF itself. Baby dust to all here!! :)

Congrats! Keep resting when you can.

Congrats lapin!!! Grabbing your bb dust

I'm also doing weekly acupuncture and herbs. But not decided whether to continue herbs when IVF starts, but will def continue with acupuncture.

Hi Lapin, which tcm are you seeing? And so did u continue ur herbs during this bfp cycle? Dilemma if to resume tcm and if so, herbs or accunpuncture or both as have failed two cycles.

I had a scare today. I saw fresh blood after doing my big business at the toilet. But i flushed almost immediately so no chance to take a second look. Thereafter i panicked and keep swiping my V to check for bleeds, it was very tiny blood stains on my toilet paper which become darkish and brown after several swipes.

I went down to kkh and they took a bt. Its too early just 6dp5dt. Hcg was at 30.5. I was given a jab and on oral medication.

Anyone experienced something like that? Dr tan said could be blood from my ER.. since i did not see blood or clots ever since ER. Is my hcg normal? Need another bt on Monday and Friday.

I had a scare today. I saw fresh blood after doing my big business at the toilet. But i flushed almost immediately so no chance to take a second look. Thereafter i panicked and keep swiping my V to check for bleeds, it was very tiny blood stains on my toilet paper which become darkish and brown after several swipes.

I went down to kkh and they took a bt. Its too early just 6dp5dt. Hcg was at 30.5. I was given a jab and on oral medication.

Anyone experienced something like that? Dr tan said could be blood from my ER.. since i did not see blood or clots ever since ER. Is my hcg normal? Need another bt on Monday and Friday.

Hugs, be strong. Good thing you went to kkh. And good that you got a jab. Very difficult to interpret hcg levels. Kkh's minimum is 250 on bt day. But ppl can hit 5 digits and some can be just above. If u hit that, then its a BFP. Any bed rest?

Hugs, be strong. Good thing you went to kkh. And good that you got a jab. Very difficult to interpret hcg levels. Kkh's minimum is 250 on bt day. But ppl can hit 5 digits and some can be just above. If u hit that, then its a BFP. Any bed rest?

Well lets just hope that it will double as the days go by? I got a bt next monday thats 9dp5dt and my scheduled bt is 13dp5dt.

No bed rest, doc just ask me to take oral pills and continue cirnone

Well lets just hope that it will double as the days go by? I got a bt next monday thats 9dp5dt and my scheduled bt is 13dp5dt.

No bed rest, doc just ask me to take oral pills and continue cirnone

Hope for the best and talk to your beanie. Good luck

Congrats!!!

Hi Lapin, which tcm are you seeing? And so did u continue ur herbs during this bfp cycle? Dilemma if to resume tcm and if so, herbs or accunpuncture or both as have failed two cycles.

I've been seeing dr Zou Yu min at AMK for 1year doing both acupuncture and herbs. During this IVF cycle, I stopped the herbs but continued acupuncture - twice a week during stimulation, then one day before ER, one day before 5day transfer and 2 times after transfer.

I've been seeing dr Zou Yu min at AMK for 1year doing both acupuncture and herbs. During this IVF cycle, I stopped the herbs but continued acupuncture - twice a week during stimulation, then one day before ER, one day before 5day transfer and 2 times after transfer.

Thanks. Her slots are so easy to get? Did ur gynae know about the acupuncture and I suppose banned the herbs hence u did not take? Mind sharing how many good embryos u had with accunpuncture?

Thanks. Her slots are so easy to get? Did ur gynae know about the acupuncture and I suppose banned the herbs hence u did not take? Mind sharing how many good embryos u had with accunpuncture?

U can call and make appointment before hand to see her. Her clinic is always busy but waiting time is still manageable with appointment.

I did not tell my gynae about the herbs or accupunture or that I'm seeing a tcm. Actually, my tcm says ivf can take the herbs (she got patients that do that) just got to seperate timing (3hr apart) from the jabs. But she left it optional for whether we want to take it or not. But she says if we worry about clash, then don't take better cos no need to add extra stress to ourselves during ivf. Personally I don't think there will be a clash, but tcm herbs are bitter and I find jabbing twice a day tortuous already, don't wanna still have to take bitter med on top of that. Also, it's my first ivf - so I'm not sure what side effects I'll have from the jabs (I end up having a lot after dosage increase).

For accupunture, I feel it helps blood circulation, lining and implantation. That's largely what's cited in western medical research papers too - hence even western countries offers accupunture to complement ivf. It's the herbs (taken before ivf), there is one after period before ovulation given by my tcm that is targeted at better eggs. Guess the 1year of herbs and accupunture did help overall to my better health condition and I've been v strict about my diet the past year. I basically cut off all cold stuff - no cold drinks, no ice cream, no cooling fruits and food for a year. 3months to starting ivf, I also started taking 2 eggs a day, 3 avocado a week, 2/3 boxes of blueberries/strawberries, more nuts (Brazil , almond, walnuts), more fish, daily hot red date Logan drink, weekly hot red bean soup and basically increased these during stimulation phrase itself.

Nonetheless, I did face a lot of issues during stimulation phrase, it was vv stressful. My follicles weren't responding well to the jabs. But that's largely due to insufficient dose at the start (Doc had to be more cautions cos I'm underweight). Only 5 out of my 15 follicles (at baseline grew), when the increase dosage came (I had full blown side effects of bloated, nauseous, vomiting, sore breast, it was quite horrible) becos it's prob too much for my weight but it's like a no choice. Still, I only managed to have 7 follicles of decent size during ER. So at ER, doc only retrieved 7 follicles --> but lucky it's 7 eggs --> all 7 were mature eggs --> miraculously all 7 eggs fertilized into 7 embryos via ICSI. It was the miracle that saved the day, couldn't be more thankful. Thereafter, they recommend a 5-day transfer.

Day 3 - I had 5 good grade embryo, 2 slow (5+2).
Day 4 - it's 2 good grade embryo, 5 slow (2+5): a total scare with risk of nothing to transfer/freeze
Day 5 - thankfully 1 embryo made it into blast for transfer (quality BA - my bb that implanted, ever grateful to this bb), and 6 monitoring
Day 6 - 3 of 6 embryos monitoring made it to blastocyst (so froze 2 BB blast and 1 CC blast).

It has been journey filled with a lot of up/downs, scares and surprises. Really grateful to the immerse support from my hub and fellow ivf ladies here only than I was be able to complete this ivf journey esp since I'm extremely terrified of needles. It taught me however slim the chance is, it's impt to keep a positive mindset and preserve on. If we don't have quanity in eggs, then hope for quality. Jiayou! Keep on fighting. Ur BFP is on the way! :)

Now I just hope bb continue to grow well each day and let me hear his/her heartbeat to put my heart more at ease.

Me also with Dr zou on & off for the past 6 months. Didnt took herb cause i scared the bitter taste. Only acupuncture with her.
As was busy with hse reno also my stimulation was so far so good so i didn't went to see her during stimulation period.

I went to find her acupuncture 3 times for this ivf journey
1 time 1 day before ET
1 time 1 day after ET
1 time 4 days after ET (suppose to be 3 days after et but she was full on sat so she ask me go on sun noon)

Waiting for my blood test on wed. Did a test using okp on 7dp5dt was positive thou. Hopefully not false positive.

After 7 days of injection, I went for my first scan today. I have 2 follicles met the minimum size and plenty of small one. Was only given 1 more day jab and hopefully the rest will grow. So sad. Not sure how much the follicles can grow in one day. Anybody have similar experiences and requested to have more days of jab so the small one can catch up? Below is my reading:

Lining- 8.7 triple
Right - 17, 16.5, 15.5, 11.5, 11, 11, 10, 8.5, 7,7
Left- 13, 12, 11, 10.5, 7.5, 7

After 7 days of injection, I went for my first scan today. I have 2 follicles met the minimum size and plenty of small one. Was only given 1 more day jab and hopefully the rest will grow. So sad. Not sure how much the follicles can grow in one day. Anybody have similar experiences and requested to have more days of jab so the small one can catch up? Below is my reading:

Lining- 8.7 triple

The timing will be based on the largest ones cause if it grows too large and naturally mature, the smaller ones will stop growing too. You have quite a lot growing so don't sweat about the small ones.

The timing will be based on the largest ones cause if it grows too large and naturally mature, the smaller ones will stop growing too. You have quite a lot growing so don't sweat about the small ones.
Thanks Mich. Do you happen to know what is the largest a follicles can grow up to? Or depend on individual's body? i only know the minimum size requirement is 16mm.

Thanks Mich. Do you happen to know what is the largest a follicles can grow up to? Or depend on individual's body? i only know the minimum size requirement is 16mm.

Ooh, this I'm not sure, Maybe 19. Cause there will be 2 days between your last scan and ER, it still will grow then. Good question to ask though!

Ooh, this I'm not sure, Maybe 19. Cause there will be 2 days between your last scan and ER, it still will grow then. Good question to ask though!
I see... ha! pray my big one will not mature before ER then. Thanks for the reply :) all the best to your 2ww!

Lining- 8.7 triple

Hiya trust yr doc. 1 more jab then trigger?
So got 2-3 days to grow?
Mine stimulate and jab oranhulan to prevent early release of egg.

This is mine last reading and i stimulate 2 more days before trigger. Total i retrieve 13 eggs on ER

16, 14, 16, 12.5, 11.5, 14.5, 11
16.5, 15.5, 14, 12.5, 10.5, 16, 12, 11, 13.5, 8.5, 9

Back