Confinement Food Delivery

Hi All, just to check for those who catered confinement food, is one meal (lunch) sufficient to last for both lunch and dinner? I am a small eater to begin with and fear of food wastage if I order dual meals..

5d949e97a00ef06e854e7175e3deabbb.jpg

I ordered from Chili Padi for 28 days Lunch & Dinner. During confinement, I am extremely hungry most times (maybe cos I was breastfeeding then) so I am able to finish most of the dishes on most days. other days one lunch can be shared by 2 persons - so it depends.
I like their taste, quality and portion of the food, though I find the soup too bland for my liking. Overall, I didn't get sick of eating their food for 28 days so I have pretty happy with the overall experience with Chili Padi.

What about happy-mummy.com? It seems a new market player. It was recommended from my close friend who has just completed her 28 days confinement meal from happy-mummy.com.

Attachments

• Happy-Mummy.com Confinment Food Catering.jpg
    Happy-Mummy.com Confinment Food Catering.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 891
Hi Polly Chew
This is the link : http://www.happy-mummy.com/confinement-food-menu-singapore/

When is your EDD? Happy-Mummy offer early birth discount at price of $1468 (usual price $1598) if order is made one month in advance.

The meals are delivered warm in Thermo Tub and Flask whereby food flavour and nutrients are therefore remain locked and maintain freshness when it is delivered customer.

Encourge to visit their website or to call them to find out more.

Hi Polly, how is the package? oh ya, I have forgotten to pass you Happy-Mummy contact. Please call them at 97207009 for details information. Do share what you have gather. tks

Hi, I have researching on the options available and it seems like there are a few established and popular ones that most people recommend:
- Natal Essential
- Rich Food
- Kim's Kitchen

Does anyone has got personal experience and feedback?

Among all, I kinda like Rich Food because their menu has a wide variety. But I didn't like to use disposable containers and they don't offer an offer to change too.

https://beautifulchaos.sg/2016/08/19/confinement-tingkat-reviews/
This link might help.

This is my first child and my mind was pretty set on hiring a confinement lady at first but my sister-in-law says it's really a waste of money because the CL does cooking and tending to the baby only. If we breastfeed, the CL will do even less. Then when they cook, it's gonna create havoc in your kitchen. So I'm exploring the option of coping with just my hubby and perhaps some help from our parents.

I had a miscarriage last year and ordered 1 week of Rich Food. Find the soups ok but food don't feel so "authentic confinement food". But then again 1 week probably was too short for their full variety.

Dear all, I am writing to warn mummies of seemingly dishonest practices of Natal Essentials. I am not sure if any other mummies encountered this too. I ordered 14 day menu from them after a sad MC, requesting no chicken, no egg in first week.

They sent me a menu that looked not bad, but totally omitted egg and chicken in 14 days. I called in and requested for 2 days in the second week to be changed to chicken as main dish. They said ok, and resent a menu 2 hours later.

I noticed that besides the 2 days that changed to chicken, they make 3 other sneaky changes, without informing me. The 3 changes were all to swop out the good and more expensive ingredients, with cheaper ones. Eg. changing threadfin dish to egg fried rice, and changing veg+ sheng yu dish to veg+ ikan bilis. I spoke to them a few times and asked for these changes they made to be undone, but each time they would spin me many red herring irrelevant excuses, or try to deflect it to make it seem like I was the one making the changes. It wasn't nice to deal with them.

Be very careful when dealing with Natal Essentials and check and double check your menus before making full payment.

I had a MTPT procedure and just did a 14 days confinement with Natal Essentials. I am very pleased with the food they have provided. They are not stingy with the herbs, fish and meats. For the herbal soup, they balance the flavours well by adding red dates and longan, so that the soup turns out sweet and yet herby at the same time. Most dishes are tasty and have sufficient ginger, wine or seasame oil (depending on the dish).

The portions are huge for me, so I had my husband to join me with the dinner too. He get to 养生 while I do my recovery. :p

Back