IVF/ICSI Support Group

Jill,
It's actually very manageable right? Actually it's the 2ww that kills... the emotional roller coaster is the tormenting one!

Haha yes, the jabs are manageable. I'm on a short protocol so hopefully I can go for ER after my next review. I can't imagine what to do during the 2ww. Now praying hard that everything will be fine and smooth

The crinone gel is to be placed in our vaginal? Do you know how does it work?
Yes, it comes in tube form. Insert and squeeze out the lotion-like content then usually best to walk around to help spread it a little. You may observe some white/ maroon coloured (cos of residual blood from ER) small crumbs when you wipe after a while but this is common.

Anyone here experienced multiple failed IVF n finally success? I failed twice and feel very devastated.
Hi Adlina, don't be disheartened OK. It will happen, it's just a matter of time. I failed IVF twice, then decided to take a step back and really rest and condition my body well for a new fresh cycle that gave me 6 blastocysts. After that, I did a FET at my 3rd IVF try and it was a BFP (unfortunately I did miscarry after). In between my 2nd and 3rd IVF, I made a lot of lifestyle changes like sleeping early, exercising regularly, losing weight and started drinking red dates/red bean soup regularly.

With all the positive changes, there is no way your body won't "wake" up. Be positive, and PM me if u wanna ask more questions k!

Yes, it comes in tube form. Insert and squeeze out the lotion-like content then usually best to walk around to help spread it a little. You may observe some white/ maroon coloured (cos of residual blood from ER) small crumbs when you wipe after a while but this is common.

Thanks for the info. It won't be painful right ?

Hi Adlina, don't be disheartened OK. It will happen, it's just a matter of time. I failed IVF twice, then decided to take a step back and really rest and condition my body well for a new fresh cycle that gave me 6 blastocysts. After that, I did a FET at my 3rd IVF try and it was a BFP (unfortunately I did miscarry after). In between my 2nd and 3rd IVF, I made a lot of lifestyle changes like sleeping early, exercising regularly, losing weight and started drinking red dates/red bean soup regularly.

With all the positive changes, there is no way your body won't "wake" up. Be positive, and PM me if u wanna ask more questions k!

Finesse 9702, thanks for sharing. sorry to hear about ur miscarriage. In total how many fresh/ transfer you did? Just wondering what else could be done. Failed 1 fresh 1 FET like Adlina. my gynae does day 2 transfer as believe embryos survive in womb condition. Wondering if I shld request for blast.

Sharing a not so good news. BT result negative. This is my 3rd fresh cycle.. heart weaken when heard the result. When will the baby dust strike on me..

Going for my review now wif thh today after my fail fet in nov. Left wif 1 blast.. thinking of doing a fresh cycle but my hb is not keen..

Going for my review now wif thh today after my fail fet in nov. Left wif 1 blast.. thinking of doing a fresh cycle but my hb is not keen..

i also thinking of going fresh cycle since left only 1 embryo, dont wanna waste the frozen cycle. why ur hubby not keen, store for more embryos. change your diet, eat supplement to prepare for fresh cycle etc, maybe will have better result?

i also thinking of going fresh cycle since left only 1 embryo, dont wanna waste the frozen cycle. why ur hubby not keen, store for more embryos. change your diet, eat supplement to prepare for fresh cycle etc, maybe will have better result?

He say i boliao.. keep 1 there.. den go jab again... he ask me use tat 1 first.. mayb will bfp lei.. if cannot den do fresh

He say i boliao.. keep 1 there.. den go jab again... he ask me use tat 1 first.. mayb will bfp lei.. if cannot den do fresh

also have to take it in mind if your only embryo can survive the thaw a not. if i m doing fresh im going to ask doc to change the medicine. feel that it is not working for me.

also have to take it in mind if your only embryo can survive the thaw a not. if i m doing fresh im going to ask doc to change the medicine. feel that it is not working for me.

Lol!! I nv think of tat.. lol cos the last rd 2 of them survive the thaw.. but i think do fresh is gd cos since i'm not working now.. my last fet i feel so stress up whenever i need to go back hosp my sup n boss give me black face.. i told them i going on hl worse! Lol

Lol!! I nv think of tat.. lol cos the last rd 2 of them survive the thaw.. but i think do fresh is gd cos since i'm not working now.. my last fet i feel so stress up whenever i need to go back hosp my sup n boss give me black face.. i told them i going on hl worse! Lol

good lor, doing ivf already very stressful, still need to face ur boss black face. x2 stressful, not good for health. eat more vitamins if doing fresh cycle. think need 3 mths to see the effect then just in time for fresh cycle.

I had a fet like that too. I prefer fresh myself cause it's easier to "force" myself not to overextend.

Just to share: I also failed one fresh and one fet, both while I was working. I believe the amount of work stress plays a factor in sucess. After my failed FET in May last year, Dr thh and I planned for a fresh cycle in Sept even though I still had one frozen embryo left. I felt a fresh cycle would give me a higher chance of success. I also decided to resign from my stressful job just before commencing my fresh cycle. During that 4 months break, I ate properly and exercised more frequently. When I finally started in Sept, I felt alot happier and relaxed. I no longer had to rush to kkh at 7am just so that I could take the first queue no to do my scan, and then rush to be in office by 9am. I no longer had to deal with nasty clients while undergoing this stressful ivf procedure. I finally got my BFP in Nov.

I think that if u can afford to step away from a stressful job while undergoing ivf, it will be good to consider doing so. After all, we have a small and tight window for ivf, while jobs can always come later.

Bb dust to all here!

Those with kkh....what if menses come over the weekend so i shall proceed calling the nurse on Monday right.or else how wd i knw when to start progynova for medicated Fet. Am i right please enlighten me someone..Am still waiting for mrs.red to come...

Those with kkh....what if menses come over the weekend so i shall proceed calling the nurse on Monday right.or else how wd i knw when to start progynova for medicated Fet. Am i right please enlighten me someone..Am still waiting for mrs.red to come...

I thk they are open on sat but until 12pm or earlier. Better call them and check.

Sat morning they're open half day. If later, call on Monday. If you are worried, you can call them now to consult if it may be too late to call on Monday.

My this round i have negative feeling abt it.. always feel that it will not succeed..

Don't dwell so much on it. Try to do activities that you like, try to be happier. Ask your doctor what you can change.
I am on my 3rd fresh also. Dr thh also find me a challenge. An unexplained challenge cause other than slight PCOS, no reason why we cannot succeed. Many changes made to my protocol this round so I hope it will succeed. Now every time I think of failure and miscarriage I tear up. But my hubby told me, we cannot predict the future, we can only keep trying and don't give in to fear.
Be strong!

Don't dwell so much on it. Try to do activities that you like, try to be happier. Ask your doctor what you can change.
I am on my 3rd fresh also. Dr thh also find me a challenge. An unexplained challenge cause other than slight PCOS, no reason why we cannot succeed. Many changes made to my protocol this round so I hope it will succeed. Now every time I think of failure and miscarriage I tear up. But my hubby told me, we cannot predict the future, we can only keep trying and don't give in to fear.
Be strong!
Thanks.. ill ask what need to be done when i see dr in apr.. maybe i also need to do more exercise and weigh lighter..

Hi all. Im at dilemma whether to resume TCM (drink herbs and accupuncture). Stopped as IVF dr don't allow TCM herbs during 2WW unless cleared by him, and injection at tummy was already painful enough so I didn't want acupuncture. I have failed one fresh and one FET, should i resume tcm to boost chances but only to stop once embryo transfer? Or go against dr advice and continue to take it during 2WW?

I had a scare today. I saw fresh blood after doing my big business at the toilet. But i flushed almost immediately so no chance to take a second look. Thereafter i panicked and keep swiping my V to check for bleeds, it was very tiny blood stains on my toilet paper which become darkish and brown after several swipes.

I went down to kkh and they took a bt. Its too early just 6dp5dt. Hcg was at 30.5. I was given a jab and on oral medication.

Anyone experienced something like that? Dr tan said could be blood from my ER.. since i did not see blood or clots ever since ER. Is my hcg normal? Need another bt on Monday and Friday.

I had a scare today. I saw fresh blood after doing my big business at the toilet. But i flushed almost immediately so no chance to take a second look. Thereafter i panicked and keep swiping my V to check for bleeds, it was very tiny blood stains on my toilet paper which become darkish and brown after several swipes.

I went down to kkh and they took a bt. Its too early just 6dp5dt. Hcg was at 30.5. I was given a jab and on oral medication.

Anyone experienced something like that? Dr tan said could be blood from my ER.. since i did not see blood or clots ever since ER. Is my hcg normal? Need another bt on Monday and Friday.

Congrats, u are pregnant! 30.5 sounds normal for 6dp5dt, considering that implantation occurs only around 4dp5dt, n HCG is released into the bloodstream only after implantation has occurred. What u want to see now is the numbers doubling every 48 hrs, if they do so, u should be well above the passing mark of 250 on your scheduled BT. For my bfp, I had one single strand of blood in my discharge on 6dp4dt, n none after that. Could very well have been implantation bleeding. Just take it easy for now, no big movements or heavy lifting. Take care!

To add on, "normal" HCG can be a big range. For my #1, it was 231 on 17 dpo. For my #2, it was 657 on 16 dpo. My hubby couldn't sleep that night cos he was so stressed that it might be twins

I started yesterday on my 2nd fresh cycle after doc advised to go for fresh even when I had 1 frozen embryo remaining. It was a hard call to make indeed. I asked doc to consider a different med and he gave me a higher dose and started me on gonal f and pergovais instead of menopur in my 1st cycle. My stims started right on 1st scan day instead of day 3-4. Hopefully this will yield more embryos and improve the quality. I do believe it's a trial and error when we do a fresh, looking for the healthy embryo that will give us a bfp. All the best ladies!

How do u ladies make payment for embryo storage at kkh? Ive received letter to make payment but only a form to state if i want to dispose them...

Hi ladies, can I check with those of you who were on lucrin injections for suppression, did you start to bleed when u reduced the lucrin dosage?

I've been on 20u for 2 weeks once a day, then 20u 2x per day and finally when I can soon start stimulation, I had to reduce it to 10u once per day. I started to bleed the first day I reduced the dosage. Today is the second day and my bleeding got heavier...almost like a period. Is this normal and how long does the bleeding typically last?

Finesse 9702, thanks for sharing. sorry to hear about ur miscarriage. In total how many fresh/ transfer you did? Just wondering what else could be done. Failed 1 fresh 1 FET like Adlina. my gynae does day 2 transfer as believe embryos survive in womb condition. Wondering if I shld request for blast.

Hi kk82, I did 1 fresh and 3 frozens in total. I've shared some info with adlina, if u are keen, PM me. I'm sure there are merits with early transfers as well and many sisters here have also succeeded. For my lab, it is usual practice to culture until D5. I've also read that the success rates for D5 blasts are higher. Esp hatching ones. For my last 2 frozen cycles, the blasts went through assisted hatching and both rounds resulted in BFPs. (unfortunately I did miscarry both, and now still recovering from my 2nd mc)

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forum mobile app

Hi mich! Jia you Jia you and all the best for this cycle!
Able to share what's the customisation done this round?
Like some sisters here, I was also at a dilemma over whether to do a 3rd fresh or to use the last remaining blast but thk more or less I'm gg to try FET as I have never tried before (last 2 failed both fresh), but just gotta pray hard it survives the thawing.

Just thinking if worse I don't succeed And need to restart fresh, what sort of customisation I can still try with the doc. So far gonal-f 150 first cycle and menopur 225 2nd cycle, nothing much extra. And I have the follicle numbers of ard 16-18 but by ER usually only 6 retrieved as the rest never manage to catch up in maturity, was hoping to know which drug can help them grow more evenly.
Be strong!
Mich

Hi mich! Jia you Jia you and all the best for this cycle!
Able to share what's the customisation done this round?
Like some sisters here, I was also at a dilemma over whether to do a 3rd fresh or to use the last remaining blast but thk more or less I'm gg to try FET as I have never tried before (last 2 failed both fresh), but just gotta pray hard it survives the thawing.

Just thinking if worse I don't succeed And need to restart fresh, what sort of customisation I can still try with the doc. So far gonal-f 150 first cycle and menopur 225 2nd cycle, nothing much extra. And I have the follicle numbers of ard 16-18 but by ER usually only 6 retrieved as the rest never manage to catch up in maturity, was hoping to know which drug can help them grow more evenly.

Mich

Hi Cen, thanks for your encouragement.
Have you discuss with your dr about fet? Personally, I think if your fresh didn't succeed, I wouldn't put all my chances on the same embryo from that fresh.
I hope this info helps you.
This round I had suppression of orgalutron for 4 days then saizen 30 units and pergoveris 1 vial. Additional gonalf 75 units on stim day 9 to 11.
No ohss except on days I jab ovidrel I will b bloated for 2 days.
Actually I don't see much effect on quantity n quality yet. Retrieved 10, 8 fertilized, 4 made to blast, transferred 2, 2 more observation for freezing. Low chance of survival.
Now tww I hv crinone, baby aspirin and ovidrel (every 3 days). Today is 4dp5dt. :(

Have you discuss with your dr about fet? Personally, I think if your fresh didn't succeed, I wouldn't put all my chances on the same embryo from that fresh.
This round I had suppression of orgalutron for 4 days then saizen 30 units and pergoveris 1 vial. Additional gonalf 75 units on stim day 9 to 11.
Actually I don't see much effect on quantity n quality yet. Retrieved 10, 8 fertilized, 4 made to blast, transferred 2, 2 more observation for freezing. Low chance of survival.
Now tww I hv crinone, baby aspirin and ovidrel (every 3 days). Today is 4dp5dt. :(
All the best to yr tww MichNg :) May yr embabies stick like glue!

So sad...month of March menses still haven come.Already day.35...missed by 4 days.confirmed not pregnant as i just did saline sonography....kkivf said likelyhood to induce menses..sigh.does inducing menses will make future upcoming menses irregular? Someone enlighten me please.feel so down..ive nvr had irregular menses...

Thanks for your reply..yes may your embies stick like glue!

I went for 2nd fresh last time as I had the idea I wanted to Gather more for storage but that cycle I retrieved 6, 4 fertilised, transferred 2, the other 2 bad quality so had nothing left to freeze. So this last one is left fr my 1st fresh.

I wanted to jump into 3rd fresh since I'm turning 35 this yr but private Dr Roland thought I shld just try the remaining blast. Maybe my body might work for FET (though like u said I'm not sure abt the embryo quality since that round I didn't make it).

Haven't decided when to transfer yet..

So sad...month of March menses still haven come.Already day.35...missed by 4 days.confirmed not pregnant as i just did saline sonography....kkivf said likelyhood to induce menses..sigh.does inducing menses will make future upcoming menses irregular? Someone enlighten me please.feel so down..ive nvr had irregular menses...

Whenever my Menses are delayed and after I tested negative, I'll go and exercise. And it will come in 1-2 days. Maybe the body is too Pent up/stressed. Works for me..no harm giving it a try?

Whenever my Menses are delayed and after I tested negative, I'll go and exercise. And it will come in 1-2 days. Maybe the body is too Pent up/stressed. Works for me..no harm giving it a try?
Exercise?! I hope so it comes within this 5days to make up for march month...

dear moms....

i am thinking to go for IVF as waited too long to get 2nd child. but worry on the leave (heard need to take many leaves)
** you know working mother sometimes we got diff to get leave too often ... working culture in singapore is not really pro family :(

can anyone share IVF journey from start to end (involving leave need to take)....

thanks in advance.

All the best Mich! Embabies stick fast and well! Baby dust to u!!!

If fresh fails, the FET using embryos of that fresh cycle will be of lower chance, really? I'm down to my last two embryos after failing with four embryos. Seriously not much hopes.
Anybody know how long I shld rest in between failed medicated FET? Western says rest one month will do but chinese says must rest longer.

Hi ladies.. i had used up all my 3 fresh.. if im thinking of going for a 4th fresh right. How is the payment going to be made at govt hospital. Everything got to be in cash or can pay by medisave?? Very stressful and moody now.. i still have 1 frozen for fet..

Back