September 2016 Mummies!

Hi mummies,
This thread has gotten very quiet so I thought perhaps I could get it going again with a bit of an update on my end.
Our babies should be approaching 6 months, if not already. Mine is 6+ so I have just started her on solids recently. So far she has taken rice cereal, pear and carrot.
How are your babies going?

Last edited:
Hi Elm, no time no talk!
My girl is 6+mo too. Also trying puree, cereal and porridge, and whatever mushy food that I happened to be eating..eg. cheese cake, soft bread, fruits..lolx.
Let her tried 2 small mouths of durian before, surprisingly she can accept the taste...probably because she had tasted durians while in my womb...so it's a familiar taste to her :D
I'm quite sure my baby has inherited the gluttony side of her parents.
As of last check up, her weight is still at 90 percentile....maintaining her Michelin baby size for now :p.

Hi P3riwinkl3! Can't believe our babies are over 6 mths now. We were talking about being pregnant not long ago ;)
Wow your girl is trying a lot of new foods. I have only given mine conservative foods so far. Do you blend the food? Also, how many solid meals is your baby on? Mine is taking 2 meals (small quantities) but I have not reduced her milk feeds yet.

Hi P3riwinkl3! Can't believe our babies are over 6 mths now. We were talking about being pregnant not long ago ;)
Wow your girl is trying a lot of new foods. I have only given mine conservative foods so far. Do you blend the food? Also, how many solid meals is your baby on? Mine is taking 2 meals (small quantities) but I have not reduced her milk feeds yet.

I think my mil and helper is feeding baby 1 solid meal a day, the rest is milk or milk+rice cereal mix.
We didn't use a blender to mash the food. I bought a NUK mash & serve bowl and we just mash the food.
Baby is taking packet puree more these days cos according to mil, baby doesn't like porridge yet. So she will try porridge again when she's 7mo. Weekends when we take baby out, I'll just let her ad-hoc try whatever food that I come across which I think she can eat (eg. tofu, mash potato, etc). I realised baby's appetite comes whenever she sees us eat our meals at the table..so we need to standby puree for her, otherwise she will whine and won't let us eat our mealso_O

Thanks P3riwinkl3 for sharing, useful for me as I am new to this and would like to hear how others are introducing food to their babies too.
I also do not use a blender, just mash the food till soft and feed. I started mine on porridge last night and she seems to like it. I plan on starting fish and meat next week, hence tried porridge last night.
I haven't weigh my baby in a while now. What is your baby's weight?

Back