November 2017 Mummies

Morning ladies! anyone here takes longan red date drink regularly during first trimester? i used to take it before pregnancy but since bfp, i stopped drinking. not sure if I should resume again. any advice?

Dear mummies,

Congrats to everyone :) I'm new here. I am now in week 7 and I'm first time mummy to be. I had schedule my appointment with Dr Claudine Tan at Seranggon. Anyone have comment regarding to Dr Claudine Tan?
My EDD for now is early Nov.

Hi lalamoo. Yes thank u. My cramping stopped. :)) other then increased appetite i dont feel any other symptoms. My 1st scan will be 24 mar this fri! I hope can see bb. heartbeat. I am 6 weeks now. Do u think i can see anything? Hmm. Very blur cos 1st time mummy.
Did you see a doctor to confirm pregnancy ? Are you taking any prescribed pre natal vitamins ? I just tested positive , and according to my app I am 4 weeks today. Just wondering when to book an appointment with a gynae and if I can take pre natal vitamins ,over the counter. I'm currently taking only folic acid. Confused soul. Please help.

Did you see a doctor to confirm pregnancy ? Are you taking any prescribed pre natal vitamins ? I just tested positive , and according to my app I am 4 weeks today. Just wondering when to book an appointment with a gynae and if I can take pre natal vitamins ,over the counter. I'm currently taking only folic acid. Confused soul. Please help.

mine is ivf, so definitely will hav blood test to confirm. if yours is natural, u can book about 6-7 wks to see doc. and for vitamins over counter do check with doc.. folic acid pls continue as per usual

Hi MTB!

Very glad that I came across this support group! I'm 4 weeks+ now and scheduled for my 1st gynae visit next week. I live in CCK, anyone ard here too? Anyone seeing any gynae at KKH?

Morning ladies! anyone here takes longan red date drink regularly during first trimester? i used to take it before pregnancy but since bfp, i stopped drinking. not sure if I should resume again. any advice?
Usually red date tea is consumed after delivery.

If you are having bad nausea, usually the obgyn will just say drink and eat whatever you can stomach for now. When I had my #1 my first trimester was so horrible I tried all the drinks I could (100+, green tea, fruits etc) just to get some energy haha...

Hi kokomi! So far i'm good except feeling slightly nausea and experiencing minor cramps. How far are you along? I;m a first time mummy so kinda at a loss on what is to come!
I'm coming to 5 weeks. This is my second child.

My personal experience with the first trimester was nausea all day round. I laid on the bed most of the time. Oops. But every baby is different so we wouldn't really know. Just rest as much as you can for now, and ask your obgyn questions! A good obgyn should help you along, especially first time parents. Most other things like buying baby stuff and choosing a delivery hospital can wait.

I'm coming to 5 weeks. This is my second child.

My personal experience with the first trimester was nausea all day round. I laid on the bed most of the time. Oops. But every baby is different so we wouldn't really know. Just rest as much as you can for now, and ask your obgyn questions! A good obgyn should help you along, especially first time parents. Most other things like buying baby stuff and choosing a delivery hospital can wait.

Congrats on your second child! Thanks for the advice. I'm also kinda stuck on choosing my gynae. I want to deliver at KKH so gotto pick a gynae from there. Just not sure if stitching matters more or gynae support is more crucial..

Congrats on your second child! Thanks for the advice. I'm also kinda stuck on choosing my gynae. I want to deliver at KKH so gotto pick a gynae from there. Just not sure if stitching matters more or gynae support is more crucial..
If you are going private at KKH you can search online easily for reviews :) At the end of the day, your husband and you must feel comfortable with the obgyn's style. Some are more quiet, some are more naggy etc. You should know how you feel by the first couple of appointments.

Hi MTB!

Very glad that I came across this support group! I'm 4 weeks+ now and scheduled for my 1st gynae visit next week. I live in CCK, anyone ard here too? Anyone seeing any gynae at KKH?
hi, i have 2 gynae at kkh. if u wanna choose will b under private patient. u can try tc tan. he very caring doc.

If you are going private at KKH you can search online easily for reviews :) At the end of the day, your husband and you must feel comfortable with the obgyn's style. Some are more quiet, some are more naggy etc. You should know how you feel by the first couple of appointments.

Thanks! Think that's the best way to go!

Hi Hi all,

I just tested positive yesterday! Super unplanned and I am still in shock! Based on online EDD calculator, I should be due 20 Nov!

I am with KKH too! Should be going for a scan in another 2 weeks time!

Any fellow mums staying central, west region?

Hi Hi all,

I just tested positive yesterday! Super unplanned and I am still in shock! Based on online EDD calculator, I should be due 20 Nov!

Welcome! It's normal to feel shocked! Parenthood is no small thing :)

Yes ! Especially since this time is so unexpected! Unlike my 1st 2 kids! I thought I finally regained my freedom!
It's a blessing! Hmm there's no fool proof contraception method so I guess it's all in the stars... Destiny. Heehee!

Maybe this time your kids can help you?

Last edited:
It's a blessing! Hmm there's no fool proof contraception method so I guess it's all in the stars... Destiny. Heehee!

Maybe this time your kids can help you?

Thanks Kokomi! I think it's really fated!! Just have to work around it.

I dunno if they can! Haha.. maybe help me entertain

Thanks Kokomi! I think it's really fated!! Just have to work around it.

I dunno if they can! Haha.. maybe help me entertain
I'm sure they can! My #1 is still young (2.5 yo by the time #2 arrives) so I think I will be thankful if she can just take care of herself haha. Haha.

I'm sure they can! My #1 is still young (2.5 yo by the time #2 arrives) so I think I will be thankful if she can just take care of herself haha. Haha.

My #2 will be almost 3 by time #3 comes.. just hope he's not so sticky to me by then I would be thankful too! So your #1 and my #2 should be same year!

Hi Hi all,

Congrats !!! You said your scan is in 2 weeks time? Until then , may I ask you what pre natal vitamins are you going to be on ? I have yet to schedule my appointment with a gynae , I'm just about 4 weeks. Wondering if I should just pick up any prenatal vitamins over the counter and take it until I'm 6 weeks and ready for my first appointment.

I'm currently approx 6 weeks. First gynae visit on 7 Apr, which is estimated 8 weeks. I'm actually going Bangkok next week and would like to ask do you think it is ok for me to do foot massage? I know those Thai massage is definitely a no go. How about just foot massage?

Congrats !!! You said your scan is in 2 weeks time? Until then , may I ask you what pre natal vitamins are you going to be on ? I have yet to schedule my appointment with a gynae , I'm just about 4 weeks. Wondering if I should just pick up any prenatal vitamins over the counter and take it until I'm 6 weeks and ready for my first appointment.

Hello! Congrats to u too!! I just went to buy folic acid at guardian yesterday. That's all I usually take before the scan. After that just take whatever that KKH prescibes.

I'm currently approx 6 weeks. First gynae visit on 7 Apr, which is estimated 8 weeks. I'm actually going Bangkok next week and would like to ask do you think it is ok for me to do foot massage? I know those Thai massage is definitely a no go. How about just foot massage?

I'll usually do foot massage further along... Like after the 5th month when more stablized! By then quite obvious preggy and they'll know what to do

Hi everyone! I had a faint positive on Sat. Wasn't really sure of what I'm seeing. But on Mon, was definitely a bfp. Online calculator says in due on 23 Nov.

foot massage is not recommended. cos all ur acupressure point r all at foot. u nv wan to risk

Dear mummies,

Congrats to everyone :) I'm new here. I am now in week 7 and I'm first time mummy to be. I had schedule my appointment with Dr Claudine Tan at Seranggon. Anyone have comment regarding to Dr Claudine Tan?
My EDD for now is early Nov.

Hi, I have fixed an appointment with Dr Claudine Tan too! My friend is seeing her so she recommended her to me! When is your appointment? Mine is on 3 April! But the nurse told me that she will be away for long hols from mid Nov to early Dec! So I am not sure if I will continue to see her if my Edd falls on the dates she is away.

Usually red date tea is consumed after delivery.

If you are having bad nausea, usually the obgyn will just say drink and eat whatever you can stomach for now. When I had my #1 my first trimester was so horrible I tried all the drinks I could (100+, green tea, fruits etc) just to get some energy haha...
my nausea not so terrible but i always feel cold in office, not sure how to make myself warmer. that's why i thought drinking Logan red date will fight the cold.

Coming 7 weeks. Having the first symptom. Anyone encounter having headache,feeling hungry but nausea at the same time? A lot of gas in the stomach too. It's a terrible feeling since u feel hungry yet u can't swallow the food. Hope this only happens today.

Coming 7 weeks. Having the first symptom. Anyone encounter having headache,feeling hungry but nausea at the same time? A lot of gas in the stomach too. It's a terrible feeling since u feel hungry yet u can't swallow the food. Hope this only happens today.
For those who experience symptoms, it usually staves off after the first trimester. Hang in there! Eat in small quantity and more frequently to deal with the "I'm hungry yet unable to eat" feelings. For me during my first pregnancy I avoided milk products as the burp was really bad... So was the vomiting when it eventually came up for me.

For those who experience symptoms, it usually staves off after the first trimester. Hang in there! Eat in small quantity and more frequently to deal with the "I'm hungry yet unable to eat" feelings. For me during my first pregnancy I avoided milk products as the burp was really bad... So was the vomiting when it eventually came up for me.

Thank you. Im usually a big eater but for the past two days, I only had 1/4 fish porridge and the awful feeling appear. Today was especially bad with headache. Shall heed your advise to have more meals instead..

Thank you. Im usually a big eater but for the past two days, I only had 1/4 fish porridge and the awful feeling appear. Today was especially bad with headache. Shall heed your advise to have more meals instead..
and thing is maybe ur baby doesn't wan fish porridge. it happens to me too when it's rejecting certain food i feel worse

Hi, I have fixed an appointment with Dr Claudine Tan too! My friend is seeing her so she recommended her to me! When is your appointment? Mine is on 3 April! But the nurse told me that she will be away for long hols from mid Nov to early Dec! So I am not sure if I will continue to see her if my Edd falls on the dates she is away.
My appointment is tml - 24 Mar. According to the app my edd shld be 3rd Nov. Will ask the doctor the period she away and come back to you tml.

and thing is maybe ur baby doesn't wan fish porridge. it happens to me too when it's rejecting certain food i feel worse
Yes every baby has its taste preferences haha! I'm burping so much now with this baby, I'm beginning to wonder where the gas is from

Back