IVF/ICSI Support Group

HL ending soon and BT coming this friday, am afraid of the result. Not very confident that i will bfp..This is my 3rd fresh cycle too. If this round fail no more subsidies for me alr. I left with 1 frozen for fet.
Reading some post which says successful implantation will have slight cramp and spotting and soreness of breast..is it true?? as for me only slight cramp, on and off nothing else already..

Hi , i bfp with no symptoms. Dun think too much! Jiayou! Baby dust to all!

HL ending soon and BT coming this friday, am afraid of the result. Not very confident that i will bfp..This is my 3rd fresh cycle too. If this round fail no more subsidies for me alr. I left with 1 frozen for fet.
Reading some post which says successful implantation will have slight cramp and spotting and soreness of breast..is it true?? as for me only slight cramp, on and off nothing else already..

All the best Jenny for ur BT on fri! :) My bt is this thurs. Hoping for the best!

For me, the very obvious BFN symptoms is that I have water discharge throughout the whole 2ww.

Why is watery discharge a sign of bfn? The nurse told me it is common to have discharge cause of the progesterone inserts.

I dun know... for the 2 times I had bfn I always had very watery discharge . For the one time which I had a bfp I dun have watery discharge ... so this was based on my personal experience ..

I dun know... for the 2 times I had bfn I always had very watery discharge . For the one time which I had a bfp I dun have watery discharge ... so this was based on my personal experience ..
*hugs* I do have watery discharge too everytime it is about time my menses to come.

Ladies, good luck for those going for BT soon... I'm on 4dp3dt from my fet.. it's the first transfer that I'm having as my fresh cycle was cancelled due to mild ohss...
2ww seem so long & tormenting!!!

Hi all,

My AF just reported today! KKH asked me to go down for scanning on my Day 3 of AF.

Suddenly I feel so lost and scare
Jiayoo! Go for it!! Dun be scared...the professionals and ur support grp like us forum and husband will help u thru...Im waitin for my Af now..All the best....Gambateh!!!!

Jiayoo! Go for it!! Dun be scared...the professionals and ur support grp like us forum and husband will help u thru...Im waitin for my Af now..All the best....Gambateh!!!!

Thanks dear! This is my first fresh and I have no clue what to do. But I'll leave everything to the professionals. Jia you to you too! Hope to hear good news from you.

Hi, i failed my first ivf cycle and it seems a few ladies failed too. Totally understand the sadness to face the truth after going through so much effort and pains. Realised that the success rate at public hospital is only around 30% looking at the number of success cases. It seems that private hospitals have higher success rate. I am thinking should i go for private one even though there may be more stress in term of money as there is no govt subsidize. However if the success rate is so low at public hospital its not worth another round of effort.

Does anyone knows do we need to do store the medication/injection in the fridge?

I am intending to take half day for all the appointment and go back to work, however I doesn't want to put the medication in the office fridge.

Does anyone knows do we need to do store the medication/injection in the fridge?

I am intending to take half day for all the appointment and go back to work, however I doesn't want to put the medication in the office fridge.

Most of the medications need to be stored in fridge. Pharmacy will provide some ice packs which can last a few hours. I usually put the whole cooler bag inside the fridge so others dunno what's in it.

Most of the medications need to be stored in fridge. Pharmacy will provide some ice packs which can last a few hours. I usually put the whole cooler bag inside the fridge so others dunno what's in it.

Thanks for the info! In this case, does the medication indicates any description that it is from IVF centre?

Hi, i failed my first ivf cycle and it seems a few ladies failed too. Totally understand the sadness to face the truth after going through so much effort and pains. Realised that the success rate at public hospital is only around 30% looking at the number of success cases. It seems that private hospitals have higher success rate. I am thinking should i go for private one even though there may be more stress in term of money as there is no govt subsidize. However if the success rate is so low at public hospital its not worth another round of effort.

Hmm.Most Impt, both u and ur husband must mutually agree and willing to go for private. Everyone hope for success.. But it depends on whether are both of you mentally ready if it doesn't work out and there is no gov subsi.. Higher % of success does not mean 100% success..

I have fren who went to kk for ivf and her 1st ivf is successful and she is blessed with a baby girl...

For me, same as u... 1st ivf but no luck.. So i will stick back to gov... Since me and my husband is not ready to go for private.. due to budget...

Thanks for the info! In this case, does the medication indicates any description that it is from IVF centre?
Hmm.. Maybe u can put the medication in a plastic bag and put them into the cooler bag.. In case, someone open up to check.. But fyi.. U might want to prepare cooler bag.. Because previously the cooler I have from the clinic.. Has a big print on it saying "fertility"

My 2 cents worth. All doctors will start out with the same checks to see if you have any underlying problem. Then they will make you go through the standard stims first before starting to customize for u. Cos every patient is different and there's no one-size-fits-all. Private doctors may seem to have high success rates also cos many patients have tried the "standard protocol" at public hospitals before moving there and so the private docs can skip the first steps. If u have some problem which is detected already, public hospital will also adjust ur stims accordingly from day one.

Honestly, I think the most $ sensible way is to start from public for at least a couple of cycles then move on to private. Unless you don't mind the $ stress. This is what I see from my own experience and that of my friends.

But there are really experienced doctors in private sector I've heard of who can do wonders for people who failed 3 to 4 times, by very creative ways of customizing ivf. Of course whether they can perform the same miracle for the same people earlier is not known. But there's always hope even if you've failed many times. Jiayou k.

Hmm.. Maybe u can put the medication in a plastic bag and put them into the cooler bag.. In case, someone open up to check.. But fyi.. U might want to prepare cooler bag.. Because previously the cooler I have from the clinic.. Has a big print on it saying "fertility"

Okies I will go daiso to buy the cooler bag. Was thking to wrap it and seal it so that people will not be opening my stuffs Really thanks for the info!

Dont worry! When i first started i was also super scared of the jabs. Den now i realise jab is not the worst. Icing helps alot! Pinch as much fats as u can. I have alot so that was abit of a saving grace

How are you feeling now? Time files and you are already in your TWW and now it's my turn to start the process. Hopefully everything will be fine. Let's stay strong together !

How are you feeling now? Time files and you are already in your TWW and now it's my turn to start the process. Hopefully everything will be fine. Let's stay strong together !
Yea man. From being paranoid about injections to worrying about my follicles growth to now TWW. I am trying to stay calm but finding hard to pass time. Hahaha yet lazy to bake or cook. Just going to take it easy! Fingers crossed

Yea man. From being paranoid about injections to worrying about my follicles growth to now TWW. I am trying to stay calm but finding hard to pass time. Hahaha yet lazy to bake or cook. Just going to take it easy! Fingers crossed

Yes yes try to watch variety show or do something to keep yourself busy. Rem to bed rest if possible.

I am one of those people who chose to straightaway go to private for the first IVF. But that's because I chose the particular Dr because of her experience. I had severe endo. She was from a public hospital though and is still a visiting consultant there. I also chose private because of time factor - everything is done at the IVF centre. Scanning is done by my Dr. Medication is dispensed at the IVF centre too. It's convenient but waiting time is not always short although it's at a comfortable environment with free drinks etc. Service wise is also different. My Dr with her experience, also took the risk to do my IVF without me doing a surgery prior even though I had a cyst and adenomyosis. Not sure if public hospitals will take that risk - prolly because co-funding is involved too and I guess they wouldn't want the funding to go wasted thus have to eliminate as much risks as possible - which could be good as well. I think the success rates could also be linked to the fact that the Dr at private hospitals could avoid the protocols that didn't work for the patients especially if the patients have done their 3 ivfs at a public hospital.

Having said all that though, when I almost failed my IVF, I had told myself that I'd prolly go crazy spending so much but having nothing in return - I had only 1 normally fertilized embryo and if I had none, I'd prolly go crazy. Imagine spending 20k but did not even get to do the ET.

I've made appt for my 2nd IVF and this time I'm doing it a public hospital. Now that I'm more familiar with the procedures, I don't mind less time with the gynae and all the frills.

I am one of those people who chose to straightaway go to private for the first IVF. But that's because I chose the particular Dr because of her experience. I had severe endo. She was from a public hospital though and is still a visiting consultant there. I also chose private because of time factor - everything is done at the IVF centre. Scanning is done by my Dr. Medication is dispensed at the IVF centre too. It's convenient but waiting time is not always short although it's at a comfortable environment with free drinks etc. Service wise is also different. My Dr with her experience, also took the risk to do my IVF without me doing a surgery prior even though I had a cyst and adenomyosis. Not sure if public hospitals will take that risk - prolly because co-funding is involved too and I guess they wouldn't want the funding to go wasted thus have to eliminate as much risks as possible - which could be good as well. I think the success rates could also be linked to the fact that the Dr at private hospitals could avoid the protocols that didn't work for the patients especially if the patients have done their 3 ivfs at a public hospital.

Having said all that though, when I almost failed my IVF, I had told myself that I'd prolly go crazy spending so much but having nothing in return - I had only 1 normally fertilized embryo and if I had none, I'd prolly go crazy. Imagine spending 20k but did not even get to do the ET.

I've made appt for my 2nd IVF and this time I'm doing it a public hospital. Now that I'm more familiar with the procedures, I don't mind less time with the gynae and all the frills.

So even with private you didnt get a success? I failed 2 IVFs cycle which is driving me nuts. I have experienced too many 2WW and end up with negative result. The worst was this last cycle when I thought everything seems positive until the BT to only get a phone call from the nurse to say it is negative.

I am thinking of gg to prvt too but dunno how much will it cost as my medisave grant has been used up twice.

So even with private you didnt get a success? I failed 2 IVFs cycle which is driving me nuts. I have experienced too many 2WW and end up with negative result. The worst was this last cycle when I thought everything seems positive until the BT to only get a phone call from the nurse to say it is negative.

I am thinking of gg to prvt too but dunno how much will it cost as my medisave grant has been used up twice.

i also thinking of private but no govt grant leh,can only use medisave to deduct, i think i will stick to govt hospital at time being and utilities all my grant.

I succeeded.. it almost failed but my one and only embryo is my golden embryo. I'm going for IVF again for no 2.

For private you still have to pay cash first. Medisave will be reimbursed only later on.

i also thinking of private but no govt grant leh,can only use medisave to deduct, i think i will stick to govt hospital at time being and utilities all my grant.
I was wondering, if we use finish our medisave as in the 15k, when we go prvate we have to pay cash right?

Back