October 2017 Mummies

Hi all, I just went to the gynae today and based on the scan my edd is 3 days later than based on the calculation of my LMP. Wondering if my edd will change along the way as baby grows?
Also, she prescribed some hormone pills for me and said morning sickness may worsen due to this. Anyone else here is taking hormone pills? Any obvious side effects?

Nice! When is your EDD?

I'm not exactly sure.. I used an online calendar it said 31 Oct.. I guess I'll know better at my next scan next week! Meanwhile, hope u are resting well. I've been trying pretty much lying down and sitting.. The brown is subsiding. Hope yrs cleared too!
Thank Claireal, doc says as Long as there is no bleeding is fine. I am 39 years old this year and I thought coz of older age that's why I keep having the cramps.
I'm also still having cramps @Toh SH.. What week are u now at? I'm also 39 this year. Is this your first? :)

Hi all, I just went to the gynae today and based on the scan my edd is 3 days later than based on the calculation of my LMP. Wondering if my edd will change along the way as baby grows?
Also, she prescribed some hormone pills for me and said morning sickness may worsen due to this. Anyone else here is taking hormone pills? Any obvious side effects?

I took duphaston previously. No side effect except for an increase in nausea.

EDD is an estimation. The actual delivery date depends on baby's growth and mummy's condition. Hope this helps :)

I'm not exactly sure.. I used an online calendar it said 31 Oct.. I guess I'll know better at my next scan next week! Meanwhile, hope u are resting well. I've been trying pretty much lying down and sitting.. The brown is subsiding. Hope yrs cleared too!

I'm also still having cramps @Toh SH.. What week are u now at? I'm also 39 this year. Is this your first? :)
Haha I am having blood clots...lol doc say is still very early to determine what happened and ask me let nature takes it course. If not wrong my EDD is 30 Oct?

This week should be 5 weeks and it's my first, what about u?

Yes same. Should be 5 weeks this week and also my first! Let's share tips as we move along :) I'm starting to have some food aversions especially at night time. No appetite to eat.

Sure no problem :) I ate normal meal but in small portion coz no appetite also. I have started to drink milk in the morning.

Hi mummies and mummies-to-be :)

I am a first time mummy-to-be too. EDD on 19 Oct. I would like to seek other's opinion. I had heavy bleeding the whole of last week. When it first started, I went to see my gynae. She did the scan and found baby to be at 5 weeks 2 days (supposed to be 6 weeks 2 days). No heartbeat, just empty sac. She said maybe its too early to see. 2 days later the bleeding got heavier so I went to see my gynae again. She did another scan and found baby to be 5 weeks 4 days but still empty sac. Sent for 2 blood tests. My HCG count dropped from 805 to 154 in 2 days. Gyane said not a good pregnancy and asked me to end the preganancy. She gave me Cytotec to induce labour. I asked for final scan but was denied. She said it wasn't necessary. I still have not taken the medicine because I am still not convinced that I have miscarried. Besides bleeding, I didn't have any other miscarriage symptoms. I also did not have any morning sickness. I am seeking 2nd opinion in a different hospital soon. Is this normal? Any mummies have similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

I am a first time mummy-to-be too. EDD on 19 Oct. I would like to seek other's opinion. I had heavy bleeding the whole of last week. When it first started, I went to see my gynae. She did the scan and found baby to be at 5 weeks 2 days (supposed to be 6 weeks 2 days). No heartbeat, just empty sac. She said maybe its too early to see. 2 days later the bleeding got heavier so I went to see my gynae again. She did another scan and found baby to be 5 weeks 4 days but still empty sac. Sent for 2 blood tests. My HCG count dropped from 805 to 154 in 2 days. Gyane said not a good pregnancy and asked me to end the preganancy. She gave me Cytotec to induce labour. I asked for final scan but was denied. She said it wasn't necessary. I still have not taken the medicine because I am still not convinced that I have miscarried. Besides bleeding, I didn't have any other miscarriage symptoms. I also did not have any morning sickness. I am seeking 2nd opinion in a different hospital soon. Is this normal? Any mummies have similar experience?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Zilong!

I'm not too sure if that's normal, but if you're looking for 2nd opinion, you can try my gynae. Dr. SL Goh at Mount Alvernia. Maybe she can help to explain other possibilities for the symptoms.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry to hear that. I had heavy bleeding for my previous pregnancy. The scan showed a heartbeat and my daughter is now almost 2. I think you should go for a 2nd opinion if that will put your mind at ease.

Thanks in advance.

can try KKH A&E also? ask them to do a scan for you

Hi ladies, sorry for not checking the forum for past 1-2 weeks. Not feeling well with the nausea thus rather lethargic. For requests to add to the secret fb group, pls add me to fb @ [email protected] & drop me a msg that you are from oct 17 mummies k. :)

Hi ladies, its my first pregnancy, currently week 7 now. Does anyone experience bloatedness after every meal?
Please add my in the fb page too.

Hi ladies, its my first pregnancy, currently week 7 now. Does anyone experience bloatedness after every meal?
Please add my in the fb page too.

Hi Mag07,

I always feel very 'gassy' after meals, especially lunch. Now I space out my meals. I eat something every hour but in very small quantity. I divide my lunch portion into 2 and have that one hour apart. I also have Vitagen after lunch. It somehow helps to get rid of the bloated feeling.

Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that, been through something similar with my second pregnancy. Repeated scans showed an empty sac that kept growing but the size was 1-2 weeks behind the actual dates. I had not started bleeding at that point, eventually miscarried naturally after about 3 weeks, as we were living overseas then and the gynaes there are not pro-intervention. It was torturous waiting for the bleeding (m/c) to begin and desperately hoping against hope that the baby might still survive despite the odds. Unfortunately in your case if the hcg levels are dropping it is truly unlikely that the pregnancy will continue to be viable. I've had three miscarriages previously so I know how you feel. Do seek a second opinion if that gives you more peace of mind. Hugs

Hi mummies-to-be,

this is my first pregancy and im week 6 pregnant today. Excited!! I haven't see a gynae, but tested 4 postive on 3 different pregnancy kits.

Need some advice frm all, i dont haf any symptom after the cramp frm week 2/3 to week 5. Im having gd appetitie, no morning sickness, no back ache, no burping n no cramp after week 5. Is this normal? Im a little worried. Im seeing TTC sinseh for abt 10 mths before this, she says its gd if theres no symptoms, is it accurate?

Hello mummies to be, I have some formulated milk for pregnant women to bless:

Anmum Materna 36g x6 packets
Frisomum Gold 45g x7 packets
Similac Mum 36.5g x1 packet
Enfamama 50g x1 packet
Mamil Mama 400g x1 tin
Nestle Mom & Me 350g x2 boxes

Earliest expiry is 10 Jun 2017
Latest expiry is 20 Dec 2017

Self collect at Buangkok MRT.
I'm giving away all, so please don't pick and choose.

Pls pm me if you are interested.

Thank you!

Update: Already given away!

Last edited:
i just tested positive this morning. i am happy and excited! based on my last menses day 22 Jan, i think i am about 5 weeks, looking for a gyane. Currently this few days have been feeling tired, bloated. This is my first baby and hope to share and learn more in this forum!

I tried plum juice to relief constipation, although i don't really like the taste and doesn't really work on me.
Also tried soda water to relief bloatedness, it just let me burp more to release those gas in my body.
first time trying both beverages.

Let me know if you have any recommendations :)

I'm at 8w4d now, My obgynae asked me to decide if I'm gg for oscars (needed to be done by week11) $600+ or NIPT (can do after week 11) which have various options starting from basic 'harmony' $1k to the most expensive and best 'Verifi' test at $1.7k. I'm thinking to opt for verifi for a peace of mind, although I'm not over 35yrs. Have ur obgynae started asking?

I'm at 8w4d now, My obgynae asked me to decide if I'm gg for oscars (needed to be done by week11) $600+ or NIPT (can do after week 11) which have various options starting from basic 'harmony' $1k to the most expensive and best 'Verifi' test at $1.7k. I'm thinking to opt for verifi for a peace of mind, although I'm not over 35yrs. Have ur obgynae started asking?

My gyne did explain the various tests to me. But she recommend me to pick oscars instead, since i havent hit 30yrs old yet.
Harmony is more recommended to mummies > 35yrs old, it is able to check for down syndrome and also tell you the sex of the baby. She mention that if we are not in the hurry to know the sex of the baby and just go ahead with oscars.

I tried plum juice to relief constipation, although i don't really like the taste and doesn't really work on me.
Also tried soda water to relief bloatedness, it just let me burp more to release those gas in my body.
first time trying both beverages.

Let me know if you have any recommendations :)

Hi i went to ask the pharmacist in Guardian / Watsons what to take for constipation during pregnancy and was recommended Lactulose syrup. This was also prescribed to me by the kkh gynaes for my other pregnancies and you can buy it over the counter. But it takes about 2-3 days to work and you have to be diligent about drinking water. For me i find that lactulose + prune juice resulted in diarrhoea!

Hi mummies im not the admin of fb group and i have no idea who the admin is. Pls do not ask me to add you in the fb group.

However pls whatsapp me at 98574682 if you want to be added into the whatsapp group as i seldom check the forum here. Thanks

Hi, would like to be added in the Whatsapp and fb group too : [email protected]
In week 6+ and already feeling very nausea. Loss of appetite. Even water taste bland. Im disliking this process

Hi, this is my first pregnancy too. Currently in my 10 week. Recently, experienced pain in my lower right jaw, which may be due to relaxin produced or stress... did any of you have this too?

My gyne did explain the various tests to me. But she recommend me to pick oscars instead, since i havent hit 30yrs old yet.
Harmony is more recommended to mummies > 35yrs old, it is able to check for down syndrome and also tell you the sex of the baby. She mention that if we are not in the hurry to know the sex of the baby and just go ahead with oscars.
I saw my gynae on sat. 8 weeks. he also recommend me to do Harmony since I am older. 1k. Previously I only do Oscars for the first 2 pregnancy. v exp.

Hi mummies, just want to ask if any of you had any similar experience. Based on my LMD, i'm supposed to be around 8 weeks now. But during my check up last week, we didn't see the baby. My gynae send me for blood test and my HCG level did increase slightly. Is this normal? My gynae told me sometimes the baby takes longer to grow at the beginning for some pregnancy. But not sure if that's the case for me. Currently on hormone pills and will be going back for a scan soon.

Hi October mummies,

My EDD is 31 October and is with dr adrain.
Recently feeling very nausea, feel like vomiting but didnt, not such appetite but force myself to eat for the baby, very bad body ache and regular tummy pain. And have been feeling very freezing cold everyday. Anyone with similar symptoms?

I'm feeling so weird. Like tummy pain (not very pain, on/off kind) and some spottings. What should I do ? My gynae not available till next week.
I feel the same. i was in pain for about two week. i also worry. I not confirm whether i am pregnant. no spotting and missed menses too.

Hi all, I'm in week 8 today.
Concern abt my fibroid near to baby sac.. any1 heard or experienced b4?
Is there a cause for alarm?.... *worried*

Hi October mummies,

My EDD is 31 October and is with dr adrain.
Recently feeling very nausea, feel like vomiting but didnt, not such appetite but force myself to eat for the baby, very bad body ache and regular tummy pain. And have been feeling very freezing cold everyday. Anyone with similar symptoms?

Hello Sadler, I have similar symptoms. I'm freezing cold everyday. I'm wearing fleece jacket even when under the sun. I had similar experience during my first pregnancy as well. I also have nausea and regular tummy pain like you. My symptoms are like yours. We must jia you. My tummy pain is kinda concentrated on the left under the left rib cage. Will be asking the doctor if it's alright later at my checkup. Jia you!!

Hello Sadler, I have similar symptoms. I'm freezing cold everyday. I'm wearing fleece jacket even when under the sun. I had similar experience during my first pregnancy as well. I also have nausea and regular tummy pain like you. My symptoms are like yours. We must jia you. My tummy pain is kinda concentrated on the left under the left rib cage. Will be asking the doctor if it's alright later at my checkup. Jia you!!
I have the same symptoms. I feel cold. Need drink warm milk or milo. Hungry. Nausea and keep waking up at night pee and stomach funny. My second child keep crying. v sticky. Trying to endure work everyday.

Hi all Moms here, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm a father to be this coming mid October 2017 and I have a few issues that need some suggestion from anyone that has experience.

My wife and I are both Malaysia but my wife is SPR and I'm on EP here, but I will be submitting my documents to get my SPR end March, so approval should probably be October or November like this.

Since my wife is SPR, then we can only apply SPR for the baby when my wife gives birth, the question is whether should we give birth here or give birth in Malaysia, because for SPR there is not much difference if given birth in Singapore or in Malaysia.

Also, we have already engaged a gynae in TMC here, should we continue to see the gynae until is almost time for my wife to give birth and we travel back to Malaysia to give birth? Reason being that both me and my wife's family is in Malaysia, hence is easier for us to give birth in Malaysia and for my wife's confinement period.

Any advise is appreciated, thanks!

Back