IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

It is just beginning and why think so negative. Now only day 7 for u and alr increases dosage. So just wait for Thursday scan and follicles response. And if u doubt anyth, u can ask doc straight away. Sometimes they may not give u satisfactory answers but at least try to ask doc and clear ur doubts. They are expects. Try to think positive more.

Ok talking about asking the doc, the doc did not even bother to explain, just hurry me out of the room. Being first time, i tot scan, wait to see results, den see my own doctor den go take med. I din know the doc part was the part after the scan and i wont be seeing dr tan. So when i went into the room the second time, the doc just went ok. Ur result is this, we increase the dose, see you thurs. You go get your med and come back. So i went to take med, came back. When the nurse doing my injection, i ask her questions and for my mc, she say must ask during doc consultation which was just now. So no one managed to answer my question or even tell me whats happening.

After i expressed my unhappiness, finally i saw another doc. And the nurse manager and doc mentioned the results isnt good esp when i inject 6 days of gonal f. They increase dosage abit but say there may or may not be a chance to abort. They say its growing too slow and the nurse say that she feels, it might not be fast enough. I am trying to say positive but hearing this abit sad leh.

Ok talking about asking the doc, the doc did not even bother to explain, just hurry me out of the room. Being first time, i tot scan, wait to see results, den see my own doctor den go take med. I din know the doc part was the part after the scan and i wont be seeing dr tan. So when i went into the room the second time, the doc just went ok. Ur result is this, we increase the dose, see you thurs. You go get your med and come back. So i went to take med, came back. When the nurse doing my injection, i ask her questions and for my mc, she say must ask during doc consultation which was just now. So no one managed to answer my question or even tell me whats happening.

After i expressed my unhappiness, finally i saw another doc. And the nurse manager and doc mentioned the results isnt good esp when i inject 6 days of gonal f. They increase dosage abit but say there may or may not be a chance to abort. They say its growing too slow and the nurse say that she feels, it might not be fast enough. I am trying to say positive but hearing this abit sad leh.

Try eating blue berries, avocados and more and more eggs like what the ladies here have been suggesting? And, stay positive!

After i expressed my unhappiness, finally i saw another doc. And the nurse manager and doc mentioned the results isnt good esp when i inject 6 days of gonal f. They increase dosage abit but say there may or may not be a chance to abort. They say its growing too slow and the nurse say that she feels, it might not be faster enough. I am trying to say positive but hearing this abit sad leh.
Yeah. We would not be seeing our own doc until ER. Sometimes if he or she on leave on ER day, other doc will do for u. First time fresh is like trial and error for us and for doc also. Some lucky ppl response to injection well but some not. So those not lucky ones only can get few embryo in 1st fresh. But I am not saying all. U prepare anyth question u wan to ask in ur mind and u can ask them this Thursday. Even cancel or continue u must clarify with doc. Nurses sometimes can't give u answer. Doc are the one who did decision. If cancel, why, how to improve next time. If continue, how many follicles can retrieve,how is lining at that time, will lining be too old when transfer. All theses ur doubts, ask them. We paying so much time n money, we need some answers .

Sadly kkivf doctors don't spare much time for questions and some can be quite abrupt. And u won't see the same dr next visit.
Try to stay positive that there is stil time, your dosage is higher.
Suggest that if next visit you really still cannot get enough time and answers from kkivf drs on duty, hang around thh's room and try to catch him impromptu. He will be walking in & out to see patients, do ER /ET.

Not heard of sedation during ET before. Are you asking because you want it or other reasons?

I am going to do so next month, just curious if anyone have same experience.. my case too complicated.. my pelvic is out of shape because of endometriosis, and I feel very suffering to have full bladder during ET

Anyone had encountered high E2 (estrogen) in blood test but slow follicles growth before? Can pls share your experience to give me some hope. Am really worried about the poor follicles growth yet no increase in dosage, though trying to stay positive and think less.

Details: 1st scan after 5 day of 150u gonal F stimulation (CD10) - only 5 out of 15 follicles is growing at 7-11mm (rest <7mm). Lining is about 10mm. But gonal F dosage not increased because blood test E2 is high around 2100plus (apparently means I'm reacting ok to the med). But it sounds really contradicting with my slow follicles growth. I'm really confused.

Ha. Yah he does not like people to question and doubt him I guess. Haha. No time to answer questions too, each consultation is so brief! I feel that I have to prioritie my questions as us being paranoid will tend to want to ask many qns. Makes sense for your case, less uncertainty. I didn't know can grow to D7. Tot usually D5. Only 2 was cultured to D7 and the rest frozen at D2? Ya I rem you have many embryos. Envious. I'm down to my last 2 embryos if this cycle fails. Dread going for fresh again as the discomfort took very long to go away, puked after ER, and menses also messed for a while. Fingers crossed.

Haha yeah. Sometimes I feel a bit pressured to have a quick consultation. But sometimes I also tell myself to just relax and ask as many questions as possible. I'll write down the questions so I won't forget them.

Yeah I also didn't know can grow till D7. I had 3 D7 and 2 D6. I thought usually is freeze at D3? The rest are D3.

Haha yeah. Sometimes I feel a bit pressured to have a quick consultation. But sometimes I also tell myself to just relax and ask as many questions as possible. I'll write down the questions so I won't forget them.

Yeah I also didn't know can grow till D7. I had 3 D7 and 2 D6. I thought usually is freeze at D3? The rest are D3.

Mine are frozen at day 2. Thaw one day before transfer ie became D3 embryo transfer.

Hi all

I am going for my ET this wed. Dr given me Superfact jab as a trigger shot instead of the usual hCG jab. He is worried about OHSS although i think i only got 7 potential follicles. Kinda worried that superfact will not be strong enough to matured my eggs. Anyone tried Superfact before and whats the result?

Sadly kkivf doctors don't spare much time for questions and some can be quite abrupt. And u won't see the same dr next visit.
Try to stay positive that there is stil time, your dosage is higher.
Suggest that if next visit you really still cannot get enough time and answers from kkivf drs on duty, hang around thh's room and try to catch him impromptu. He will be walking in & out to see patients, do ER /ET.

Yea we saw him yesterday but did not dare to 'get hold'of him. I really feel like KKH is like factory, if not for Tan HH, i think NUH seems better since fellow friends here shared they speak to the doc immediately after scan.

Yea we saw him yesterday but did not dare to 'get hold'of him. I really feel like KKH is like factory, if not for Tan HH, i think NUH seems better since fellow friends here shared they speak to the doc immediately after scan.

I am with NUH and they are very attentive toward us, update us in BT and scan etc...

Will share my experience this coming fresh. Thh promised to be hands on for this round due to my history.
AF finally reported last night so will be calling kk soon.

Can't remember my AMH result, but I think it's within the okay range.
Is yours low that's why you are on the long protocol?
For the recent 2nd cycle, yes due to my age I guess.
For my first fresh, I did when I was 30yo but its long cycle too. Don't know what was my AMH level that time.
Anxiously & patiently waiting for next aptmt...:D

Anyone has experienced the same situation as me? I am on gonal f for 6 days and my follicles only grew to 7.5mm. i have about 10 follicles with many small ones. Doc say my ovarian reserve is good tho. My initial dosage was 200mg of gonal f and now is up to 225mg for the next 3 days.

How do i make it grow to the ideal size soon?

I am increasing my eggs intake, started taking royal jelly, drinking bird's nest. Is there anything else i should be eating?

Anyone has experienced the same situation as me? I am on gonal f for 6 days and my follicles only grew to 7.5mm. i have about 10 follicles with many small ones. Doc say my ovarian reserve is good tho. My initial dosage was 200mg of gonal f and now is up to 225mg for the next 3 days.

How do i make it grow to the ideal size soon?

I am increasing my eggs intake, started taking royal jelly, drinking bird's nest. Is there anything else i should be eating?
Eat avocado.. my Dr initially worried about my follicles will grow slow, i only taking 140 for gonnal f. I also taking Royal jelly and prenatal vitamin

Just found out that thh is away 9, 14 and 15 March

Hi babe, thanks for the info!

Hi all,
May I know during THH's absence who will be covering him? Do we need to see him to scanning & collecting jan before ER?

For ER and ET, it will be under him if he is around?

For short protocol, it will jab until day 9 & 36 hours trigger jab followed by ER? Any idea how many days will it take for 1st day menses until ER?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi babe, thanks for the info!

Hi all,
May I know during THH's absence who will be covering him? Do we need to see him to scanning & collecting jan before ER?

For ER and ET, it will be under him if he is around?

For short protocol, it will jab until day 9 & 36 hours trigger jab followed by ER? Any idea how many days will it take for 1st day menses until ER?

Thanks

U won't see thh before ER. If your ER /ET happens when he is away, another dr will cover.
There's no fixed timing as depends on individual reaction to prescription medication. Usually will b similar to your own cycle, a few days before ovulation.

anyone in 2ww? its a long wait..im 5dp5dt and no symptom of implantation bleeding...keep thinking it will not implant.

having breast tenderness and bloated from progesterone. been sneezing the past few days.

anyone in 2ww? its a long wait..im 5dp5dt and no symptom of implantation bleeding...keep thinking it will not implant.

having breast tenderness and bloated from progesterone. been sneezing the past few days.

Not everyone will have implantation bleeding, do u have cramps?

me. My blood test is due soon. No symptom at all. Just breast sore due to progesterone.
Managing my expectation this few days.

This is crap. After 10days of injection and the follicles decided not to grow. Stuffing myself silly with eggs and buying expensive stuff and all useless.

And i can barely get past the first step.

This is crap. After 10days of injection and the follicles decided not to grow. Stuffing myself silly with eggs and buying expensive stuff and all useless.

And i can barely get past the first step.

It might be the medication is not suitable for you. What has dr said?

I just saw dr tan, my ivf doc. Couldnt help but tear. He said its normal for pcos patients to have this result. Ask me dont give up hope. He changed med and scheduled me for scan on Monday.

Do u all know if i should take milk? I know milk is bad for pcos but cos i got avocado and want to blend it cos i cannot take it directly, was wondering if i can blend with milk/low fat yoghurt/greek yoghurt?

I just saw dr tan, my ivf doc. Couldnt help but tear. He said its normal for pcos patients to have this result. Ask me dont give up hope. He changed med and scheduled me for scan on Monday.

Do u all know if i should take milk? I know milk is bad for pcos but cos i got avocado and want to blend it cos i cannot take it directly, was wondering if i can blend with milk/low fat yoghurt/greek yoghurt?
Hugs hugs. Glad that u saw Dr tan today. The next cycle will be a better n successful 1. Dun give up

Yes dont give up!.. you can put honey or gula melaka.. taste not so bad

you can try with soya milk or almond milk if you wanna avoid dairy

It will get better after some trial and error. Stay positive sharkles.

Hi sisters

I just have my ET yesterday. The embryologist called just now saying out of the 8 eggs retrived only 3 fertilized. Have anyone heard of eggs only fertilized on day 2? I am rather sad that there is only 3 fertilized eggs although all the 8eggs are matured :(. Worried only the quality of the 3 eggs if not good will have to go through the whole fresh cycle again. Very sad and worried now.

Hi sisters

I just have my ET yesterday. The embryologist called just now saying out of the 8 eggs retrived only 3 fertilized. Have anyone heard of eggs only fertilized on day 2? I am rather sad that there is only 3 fertilized eggs although all the 8eggs are matured :(. Worried only the quality of the 3 eggs if not good will have to go through the whole fresh cycle again. Very sad and worried now.
Hi u did ER or ET? Maybe sperm didn't combine with eggs even though eggs are matured. In mean while don't be too sad. They will make it. Just think this way.

Hi u did ER or ET? Maybe sperm didn't combine with eggs even though eggs are matured. In mean while don't be too sad. They will make it. Just think this way.

Hi thanks for your encouragement. Yes i just done my ER yesterday. The embryologist said that its unlikely the eggs take more than one day to fertilise after icsi. So i wonder has any of the sisters encountered the eggs being fertilized on day 2 after ER?

Hi thanks for your encouragement. Yes i just done my ER yesterday. The embryologist said that its unlikely the eggs take more than one day to fertilise after icsi. So i wonder has any of the sisters encountered the eggs being fertilized on day 2 after ER?

but they will continue to grow after being fertilized

Kkh didn't call to inform embryo status last time. So I didn't know which day eggs fertilized. Should be about a day. If icsi, should be less than a day. Have u done testing semen analysis before that? Maybe next time when u meet embryologist, can ask is it egg issue or sperm issue. Maybe they just slower . don't worry much. We only need 1 golden embryo.

Are you scheduled to go back tomorrow for ET? If yes doc will explain the embryos quality. Don't worry.

Ya but if dont put water cannot blend. Maybe i try water?

Are we allowed to have soya milk? I understand we cant. =/

For PCOS, do try to limit your soy intake. If can, eat the avocado by itself or spread it like butter on your bread.

Stay positive and may you get good results on Monday.

Back