IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Ladies...

Tomorrow is my schedule for HSG & Ultrasound Pelvis, can i get advice should i take Leave or the hospital will give me MC for it ??? thanks

Hi Ladies, I'm new here, been reading for awhile. Im on my 2ww, ET last 18 Feb ER on 20 Feb, was like 2day transfer with two 4cells embryos. I would like to ask if anyone here the same as me. Cos I felt 2 day transfer is quite fast for transfer.

Hi Ladies, I'm new here, been reading for awhile. Im on my 2ww, ET last 18 Feb ER on 20 Feb, was like 2day transfer with two 4cells embryos. I would like to ask if anyone here the same as me. Cos I felt 2 day transfer is quite fast for transfer.
Hi hi.. The 1st time I did was a day 2 transfer.. Dun worry. U had already pass ur 1st ww. Jia you.

Can check with u sisters: 1st scan after 5 day of 150u gonal F stimulation (CD10) - only 5 out of 15 follicles is growing at 7-11mm (rest <7mm). Is that follicies growth too slow? Lining is about 10mm. Stimulation dosage not increased. Really worried about the slow growth of the follicles - anything I can do to boost the growth?

Can check with u sisters: 1st scan after 5 day of 150u gonal F stimulation (CD10) - only 5 out of 15 follicles is growing at 7-11mm (rest <7mm). Is that follicies growth too slow? Lining is about 10mm. Stimulation dosage not increased. Really worried about the slow growth of the follicles - anything I can do to boost the growth?

I drink a lot of soya milk and eat one apple everyday during that time .. I am not sure it will help or not..

Hi All
I am going for my ET this wed. Dr given me Superfact jab as a trigger shot instead of the usual hCG jab. He is worried about OHSS although i think i only got 7 potential follicles. Kinda worried that superfact will not be strong enough to matured my eggs. Anyone tried Superfact before and whats the result?

Anyone has experienced the same situation as me? I am on gonal f for 6 days and my follicles only grew to 7.5mm. i have about 10 follicles with many small ones. Doc say my ovarian reserve is good tho. My initial dosage was 200mg of gonal f and now is up to 225mg for the next 3 days.

How do i make it grow to the ideal size soon?

I am increasing my eggs intake, started taking royal jelly, drinking bird's nest. Is there anything else i should be eating?

Hi All
I am going for my ET this wed. Dr given me Superfact jab as a trigger shot instead of the usual hCG jab. He is worried about OHSS although i think i only got 7 potential follicles. Kinda worried that superfact will not be strong enough to matured my eggs. Anyone tried Superfact before and whats the result?
Hi..haven't tried Superfact before. Which Dr are you with?

Hi girls, may I check if the HSG will be done on weekdays or they will also do it on weekends?

What if my Day 12 falls on weekend? Will they do it on the next working days?

Hi @Curious_adoptedmom. I just did HSG this afternoon, I don't think they have on weekend. You have to tell the person do booking for your appt then they can advice more. But not to worry they also do follow up call 1day before yr appt.
and they will ask you if you need MC for the day, so today I don't need to take leave :)

Anyone has experienced the same situation as me? I am on gonal f for 6 days and my follicles only grew to 7.5mm. i have about 10 follicles with many small ones. Doc say my ovarian reserve is good tho. My initial dosage was 200mg of gonal f and now is up to 225mg for the next 3 days.

How do i make it grow to the ideal size soon?

I am increasing my eggs intake, started taking royal jelly, drinking bird's nest. Is there anything else i should be eating?

Hi sharkles, how's your lining measuring? For both follicle growth and lining, u can try food high in iron, plant proteins, vitamin E, selenium such as Brazil nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds. And Dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and broccoli. Try warm red dates, goji berries and longan drink as a daily drink.

All the best!

Hi all. Understand that each indiv responds diff to the medications but on average, usually how many days of jabs is required before 1st scan followed by ER?

Hi sharkles, how's your lining measuring? For both follicle growth and lining, u can try food high in iron, plant proteins, vitamin E, selenium such as Brazil nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds. And Dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and broccoli. Try warm red dates, goji berries and longan drink as a daily drink.

All the best!
Thanks! The lining was about 4.5mm.

started taking royal jelly, eggs and bird's nest. couldnt get avocado so i went to get avocado shake. Fingers crossed for my review tomorrow.

Hi ladies.. normally when will you inform your office that you will be going for HL... im abit stress to inform my HQ abt my up coming 2 weeks HL.. My finance cum hr know that im doing my ivf.. nut she doesnt seems to be understanding.. im.not sure.if she will ask me to go for a no pay leave.

Hi ladies.. normally when will you inform your office that you will be going for HL... im abit stress to inform my HQ abt my up coming 2 weeks HL.. My finance cum hr know that im doing my ivf.. nut she doesnt seems to be understanding.. im.not sure.if she will ask me to go for a no pay leave.

I inform before my cycle begins and plot this on our work schedule. However, my boss & work is quite flexible.
unless hospitalization leave is not in your staff benefits, it's not correct to insist for no pay leave. it should work the same like hospitalization due to accident, there's not much way to give advance notice. at least for ivf you can advise them a few days in advance.

Hi @jennycsy & @MichNg, i also informed my boss already, even i do not know when my cycle will start at KKH.
At least he know what to do 4-6 months down the road.
however if hospital give HL, company unable to ask you to take unpaid leave, its entitlement under employment Act.

Good luck for all of us

Hi. Any ladies here resigned or take NPL to focus on IVF? For how long, and what if it still wasn't successful, did you go back to a new job which allow u to continue with IVF via Hosp leave? Thanks!

Hi. Any ladies here resigned or take NPL to focus on IVF? For how long, and what if it still wasn't successful, did you go back to a new job which allow u to continue with IVF via Hosp leave? Thanks!
me. I resigned and did 1 fresh and 2 fet during my unemployment duration. subsequently started work at a new company with lighter workload and lesser stress. been here 2.5 years and on my 3rd fresh now. of my 2fresh & 2 fet I only bfn once, but mc all of them.
I didn't regret quitting cause I was in a bad mental, emotional and physical stage before I resigned. overworked, stressed till couldn't sleep, bosses who weren't reasonable / understanding (although they would never admit to it) and I needed to understand ivf from scratch then.
also, my 1st fresh bfp but with a case of "pregnancy of unknown location" so I was visiting kkh every 3-5 days for blood test and consultation for 2 months until fully miscarried. cannot imagine doing that while working.

me. I resigned and did 1 fresh and 2 fet during my unemployment duration. subsequently started work at a new company with lighter workload and lesser stress. been here 2.5 years and on my 3rd fresh now. of my 2fresh & 2 fet I only bfn once, but mc all of them.
I didn't regret quitting cause I was in a bad mental, emotional and physical stage before I resigned. overworked, stressed till couldn't sleep, bosses who weren't reasonable / understanding (although they would never admit to it) and I needed to understand ivf from scratch then.
also, my 1st fresh bfp but with a case of "pregnancy of unknown location" so I was visiting kkh every 3-5 days for blood test and consultation for 2 months until fully miscarried. cannot imagine doing that while working.

Thanks MichNg! I'm with my organisation for quite some time. Last year, i moved to another division which was not my choice. Don't really like the new work and the workload and fire fighting is horrid and stress. Boss has higher expectation of me (despite telling her my priority at start) and she tend to shield the less competent/ older ones although so far she has been rather supportive of my med appts and HL. I was considering NPL if i fail current FET so as to really focus on health.
Best case is to stay and enjoy maternity since I sloughed so hard. But I feel if the body condition is bad and 2WW also think about work, might be better to take a break. I feel I got to work doubly hard and workload also increase to 'pay back' my boss n colleagues when I returned from 2 ww. Hesitation is it could be infinite duration of unemployment as hard to find a new job then immediately take HL. And I think will be super bored in between cycles.

You have been through a tough journey indeed. I hope this 3rd cycle works for u. :)

Thanks MichNg! I'm with my organisation for quite some time. Last year, i moved to another division which was not my choice. Don't really like the new work and the workload and fire fighting is horrid and stress. Boss has higher expectation of me (despite telling her my priority at start) and she tend to shield the less competent/ older ones although so far she has been rather supportive of my med appts and HL. I was considering NPL if i fail current FET so as to really focus on health.
Best case is to stay and enjoy maternity since I sloughed so hard. But I feel if the body condition is bad and 2WW also think about work, might be better to take a break. I feel I got to work doubly hard and workload also increase to 'pay back' my boss n colleagues when I returned from 2 ww. Hesitation is it could be infinite duration of unemployment as hard to find a new job then immediately take HL. And I think will be super bored in between cycles.

You have been through a tough journey indeed. I hope this 3rd cycle works for u. :)

Appreciate your wishes!
Forgot to mention that I had tremendous support from my hubby.
If ur company support NPL, you can try that. I agree there is hesitation for prolonged unemployment. Lesser household income :(

Your rainbow bb will come soon! All the best for your 3rd fresh! Jiayou!:)

Appreciate your wishes!
Forgot to mention that I had tremendous support from my hubby.
If ur company support NPL, you can try that. I agree there is hesitation for prolonged unemployment. Lesser household income :(

Ya. Hubby and I are alone in this, we did not inform our parents or other family members. Thankful that he is supportive in whatever decision I'm comfy with. And also thankful to all of you here for listening ear and moral support.

Hi @jennycsy & @MichNg, i also informed my boss already, even i do not know when my cycle will start at KKH.
At least he know what to do 4-6 months down the road.
however if hospital give HL, company unable to ask you to take unpaid leave, its entitlement under employment Act.

Good luck for all of us
Hi @pandaimoet and @MichNg ill inform them by end of this week.. i feel guilty about taking HL. :(haiz.. talk to my boss in the office here is easy. Just that my finance cum hr director in HQ abit of issue. She sounded like they are paying me salary but i needed to be on HL or MC.. Think i just got to be thick skin abit.. this is my 3rd cycle already.. good luck to all..

anyone in 2ww? its a long wait..im 5dp5dt and no symptom of implantation bleeding...keep thinking it will not implant.

having breast tenderness and bloated from progesterone. been sneezing the past few days.

anyone in 2ww? its a long wait..im 5dp5dt and no symptom of implantation bleeding...keep thinking it will not implant.

having breast tenderness and bloated from progesterone. been sneezing the past few days.
Hi imkfanatic
I'm in my 2ww. I'm 6dp5dt. Y these 2ww seems so hard to pass thru. I also experienced bloatedness. It's uncomfortable especially after a full meal. Hopefully it's not due to the side effects of the hormones drugs. Good luck..

just started 3rd fresh cycle today. I'm on saizen+ pergoveris for the first time. hoping to hear of positive results from this combo from sisters in this thread as I can't find much through google & search.
Hi mich, all the best and jiayou!

Hi mich, all the best and jiayou!
Hi imkfanatic
I'm in my 2ww. I'm 6dp5dt. Y these 2ww seems so hard to pass thru. I also experienced bloatedness. It's uncomfortable especially after a full meal. Hopefully it's not due to the side effects of the hormones drugs. Good luck..

Hi Niece, today is my 10dp2dt, i tested positive on my 8dp2dpt. Too early to tell but got 4 hpt and all BFP. Waiting for my bt on 9 Mar to confirm but im feeling positive and lots of hope. I do hope for BFP for you and the rest of the ladies here. Good luck to us.

Hi Niece, today is my 10dp2dt, i tested positive on my 8dp2dpt. Too early to tell but got 4 hpt and all BFP. Waiting for my bt on 9 Mar to confirm but im feeling positive and lots of hope. I do hope for BFP for you and the rest of the ladies here. Good luck to us.
Hi Jhen, congrats!!
Care to share wat u hv taken n avoided b4 ER & ET?
Might be useful for us who will be goin into the programme soon.

Hi rainbowbb,
Ate 2 eggs (white but sometimes even the yolk) everyday as per nurse advised, Hubby bought me almonds and alternately soy milk and fresh milk. I eat anything I want that makes me happy lol but of course healthy food. We need high protein diet to start with, it's important building block of our embies. Dont know if it helps but in my case that's my diet during this period. And lots of rest as much as possible though sometimes I cannot sleep. Good luck to you

Hi Jhen I tested on 4dp5dt but it was negative.. Praying it's too early to be positive.. If af didn't come visit me I'm also schedule for blood test on the 9.

Hi Jhen I tested on 4dp5dt but it was negative.. Praying it's too early to be positive.. If af didn't come visit me I'm also schedule for blood test on the 9.

I tested on my 4dpt and 6dpt both tested negative. I tried 2 days after I saw 2nd faint line around 6am, tried again in the afternoon still the same, so I bought clear blue digital and the result PREGNANT 1-2 weeks. Maybe you could try on your 8dp. Baby dust to you.

Hi rainbowbb,
Ate 2 eggs (white but sometimes even the yolk) everyday as per nurse advised, Hubby bought me almonds and alternately soy milk and fresh milk. I eat anything I want that makes me happy lol but of course healthy food. We need high protein diet to start with, it's important building block of our embies. Dont know if it helps but in my case that's my diet during this period. And lots of rest as much as possible though sometimes I cannot sleep. Good luck to you

Hi Jhen,

Do you have any symptoms during 2ww?

I tested on my 4dpt and 6dpt both tested negative. I tried 2 days after I saw 2nd faint line around 6am, tried again in the afternoon still the same, so I bought clear blue digital and the result PREGNANT 1-2 weeks. Maybe you could try on your 8dp. Baby dust to you.
Thanks for the encouragement.. Did u have any symptoms?

Hi rainbowbb,
Thanks for ur advices and encouragement..

I think rest play the most important role..
So u were simply resting shopping during ur 2ww.. hehehe..

Thanks for ur advices and encouragement..

I think rest play the most important role..
So u were simply resting shopping during ur 2ww.. hehehe..

Yeah rest is the key I guess hehehe but of course need to clean the house too and cook for hubby. Sometimes went out to eased the boredom.

Thanks for the encouragement.. Did u have any symptoms?

Niece and imkfanatic,
Mild Spotting like brown color on my 7dp, sometimes cramps but I think it's all normal as long as not heavy and fresh blood. I know we all experience anxiety but please do not overthink. It won't help anyway. And also like other ladies advice here talk to your embies and touch you tummy's often I know somehow they can feel the warm of our hands. You know Mummy's touch

I feel for us who is going for ivf programme we shd really tk the big step out to tell our bosses our plans and how we need to do this programme

N on top of that pls do tell them you would required their supporting and understanding thru out this journey..
Do inform them that u will need to be away for scans n etc..

This is the part we have done.
If they choose not to be understanding we cant do anything also.. i think we have to set the priority in what we wan to do and just focus on it.

Some boss are supportive but some do not..

Hope all ladies able to get support from male / female bosses

Back