When do you inform your boss you are pregnant?

petiteG

I am 13 going to 14th week along. But have not informed my boss yet. I am deciding to wait until my checkup at wk 16 before telling her. How far along was you before you informed your boss? :cool:

I have been trying to hide my tummy for quite some time now. First because of the bloat but now i think it's really because of the bump. I think my female colleagues are already suspicious and they are too polite to ask (haa.. maybe they understand the taboo in the initial month). It's been getting hard to hide now that even strangers can tell I am pregnant and gave up their seats to me in mrt (thanks to the kind souls who did that as my mrt ride is very long and I will get cramps or faintness if i stand more than half an hr:p).
How to hide for another 2 weeks and I am running our of clothes to wear? o_O

I've told my boss since i found out that i am pregnant (like 4weeks/5weeks)... LOL.... some colleagues and friends too :)

I've told my boss since i found out that i am pregnant (like 4weeks/5weeks)... LOL.... some colleagues and friends too :)
haa.. my mum says cannot say in 1st trimester. And am also waiting to be more stable first. So only family members know so far. Colleagues and friends tried to sound me out.. lol..but I think they still not v sure yet.. But I think my clothes r running out of room..oops. And it has been a challenge during cny to hide esp during lo hei with all the raw food I need to avoid. I took a bit and pretend to eat..and secretly dispose off..haha

haa.. my mum says cannot say in 1st trimester. And am also waiting to be more stable first. So only family members know so far. Colleagues and friends tried to sound me out.. lol..but I think they still not v sure yet.. But I think my clothes r running out of room..oops. And it has been a challenge during cny to hide esp during lo hei with all the raw food I need to avoid. I took a bit and pretend to eat..and secretly dispose off..haha

Yup babe... depends, as for me, it is not a taboo thing so, just let it be :D
I need to take leave to see my Gynea, so it is more convenience just to tell my boss if i am pregnant :D

anyway, some of my friends only let their boss know after 12 weeks (Over the 1st-trimster) :D

Hi, I am a mommie to 3 little boys....well, though it's a not good to tell during your 1st trimester, I think it would be better to tell your superior that you'r preggy. I had blood clots appearing while I was at 6wks preggy and has to go A&E to check if foetus was ok. Juz between you n your superior will do.

totally feel you :) its hard to inform our bosses of our pregnancy. based on personal experience, i think it is good to "officially" inform boss and colleagues. and from now till you go on your maternity leave, to be responsible for our work and ensure that there would be proper covering duties in your absence. most people are quite understanding :) jiayou !!

I told my boss when i was about 7 wks preggy. To me the first 3 mths is not a taboo thing. It's more of a logical and emotional thing. It's like first 3 mths is always not very stable, imagine you inform 100ppl that u r preggy. Somewhere something happened to the baby and you, being heartbroken alrdy, have to inform 100 ppl that you are no longer preggy. That's the part. I'd gone thru that before (told abt 10ppl) and had to do a D&C and it was difficult for me to tell the 10ppl that i'm no longer preggy.

But I decided that if this child was meant to be mine, I'll just say. It's nothing to do with taboo, more of breaking the bad news when you are damn sad alrdy. I told quite a few ppl this time round. And they are all very happy for me. :)

My office and company basically is pro-family, so even though I'm 6weeks pregnant, my close colleagues and boss know. I think no harm that they know as they are looking out for me every now and then. I almost slipped when we went out for lunch and my colleague held on to me for a while until we are sure I am ok to walk on my own. My boss understands as he has 2 kids and he wishes me well too.

I told my boss when i was about 7 wks preggy. To me the first 3 mths is not a taboo thing. It's more of a logical and emotional thing. It's like first 3 mths is always not very stable, imagine you inform 100ppl that u r preggy. Somewhere something happened to the baby and you, being heartbroken alrdy, have to inform 100 ppl that you are no longer preggy. That's the part. I'd gone thru that before (told abt 10ppl) and had to do a D&C and it was difficult for me to tell the 10ppl that i'm no longer preggy.

But I decided that if this child was meant to be mine, I'll just say. It's nothing to do with taboo, more of breaking the bad news when you are damn sad alrdy. I told quite a few ppl this time round. And they are all very happy for me. :)

Yup agree. :)

My office and company basically is pro-family, so even though I'm 6weeks pregnant, my close colleagues and boss know. I think no harm that they know as they are looking out for me every now and then. I almost slipped when we went out for lunch and my colleague held on to me for a while until we are sure I am ok to walk on my own. My boss understands as he has 2 kids and he wishes me well too.

My boss also pro-family. This is my first one and she asked me so 2nd one when and best is 3 kids? o_O I wanted to tell her Boss you must first increase my pay first then I can think about it no.2.:p

Hi, I am a mommie to 3 little boys....well, though it's a not good to tell during your 1st trimester, I think it would be better to tell your superior that you'r preggy. I had blood clots appearing while I was at 6wks preggy and has to go A&E to check if foetus was ok. Juz between you n your superior will do.

Sorry to digress from this topic. May I know what happened to your foetus then?

I am 6 weeks, yesterday went to gynae and he said I'm actually 5 weeks based on scan. And I had brown discharge and some cramps, he scan and said the sac is not in the right position, it's in the middle. He shook his head and said it's most likely a miscarriage. But I have to wait one more week to scan again to see how it goes.... it's so torturous for me.....

Back