How to improve luck?

I have been a sahm mum and only recently started going back to work. And having been away from work for merely 1.5 years, I find it extremely hard to catchup. My peers have all received a promotion and drawing higher salary while I start all over from the bottom. I have to work double hard to prove myself, and despite my experience, I am also competing with other younger colleagues who are single and no commitment, no children.

I am constantly tired from work, and when I come home I am too tired to spend time with my kids. I missed out on their school field trips or PTM due to work commitments. And I find that if I take too much time from work, my colleagues will talk behind my back or my boss thinks I can't keep up. The projects that have been handed to me are also tougher. My hours are long and I don't have much time for hubby also.

Recently the maid that I have trained and I though was finally more settled with my kids so I can focus at work, decided that she wants to go home because of family reasons!

I am so tired.

I find that working hard alone is not good enough. Being too nice to others is not good also. Trying your best is not enough as well. Sometimes all of us just need a bit of help or some luck.

I am not a superstitious person but any help I can get to improve my situation I will try.

Any advise.

Running after lady luck is absolutely exhausting ... i hv bn there n much more so suggest to take one day a time n open up to your boss your difficulty. Keeping to yourself will only allow others to attack you. Ask for help if you need to in order to adjust your burnt out at work which is affecting your personal life. Take care n God blesz.

sometimes when i'm feeling down at work, i will talk it out with my colleagues, expressing my anger, moodiness to them. eating out during lunch hour and coming back to work thereafter will feel better, dun crop yourself in office during lunch hour. go out and breathe some fresh air. your kids will always be the ones to love you at the end of the day.

remember, happy mummy = happy baby ! press on! ~~

Back