IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

I did Orgalutran for 4 days before I started stimulation. I think for Orgalutran, the needle is small but slightly more blunt. Makes it more difficult to inject which is why need to exert more force. Making it slightly more painful.

Nurse did tell me will have to do a few more shots of orgalutran during the stimulation phase as well to suppress ovulation.

Anyone here with 25 days cycle? Any difference with 28 days cycle?
Not sure whether there will be any diff as my cycle is shorter now compared to 7yrs ago when I did my first fresh.

Anyone here with 25 days cycle? Any difference with 28 days cycle?
Not sure whether there will be any diff as my cycle is shorter now compared to 7yrs ago when I did my first fresh.
Ur cycle shorter mean ur ovulation happen earlier than others with 28-30 cycle. U need to let ur ivf doc and nurse know that u have shorter cycle. So that u come down for scan earlier in case missed out ovulation.

I did Orgalutran for 4 days before I started stimulation. I think for Orgalutran, the needle is small but slightly more blunt. Makes it more difficult to inject which is why need to exert more force. Making it slightly more painful.

oh dear =X Ya the nurse was telling me to put more force. =X

how long to inject for Orgalutran? i really scare

For me, i need to inject on Sat, Sun & Mon =X

Tea is my poison.. =/ i am struggling to avoid cold drinks, semi raw and raw food, tea and the occasional cup of nespresso.

My greatest indulgence is sashimi!! I will go eat it if this time is BPN! I don't drink coffee, only tea but ok to give up.
Feel imbalanced at times. I have preg colleagues who continue to drink coffee and tea. Some jog still pregnant successfully. Haiz.

My greatest indulgence is sashimi!! I will go eat it if this time is BPN! I don't drink coffee, only tea but ok to give up.
Feel imbalanced at times. I have preg colleagues who continue to drink coffee and tea. Some jog still pregnant successfully. Haiz.

Tell me about it. My lifestyle is a whole overhaul i tell you. I only drink cold water, like cold plain water, now cannot. I love to eat soft boiled eggs, sunny side up, basically runny yolks, now cannot. I love to eat sashimi, now cannot. I love to eat med rare steak, now also cannot.

Den in the office, got this colleague, dunno how many months pregnant, everyday see her drinking ICE COLD water/tea/coffee.

Tell me about it. My lifestyle is a whole overhaul i tell you. I only drink cold water, like cold plain water, now cannot. I love to eat soft boiled eggs, sunny side up, basically runny yolks, now cannot. I love to eat sashimi, now cannot. I love to eat med rare steak, now also cannot.

Den in the office, got this colleague, dunno how many months pregnant, everyday see her drinking ICE COLD water/tea/coffee.

It's worth to give up all this if we want baby. Actually what the Mother eat will affect the health of the baby in the womb.

It's worth to give up all this if we want baby. Actually what the Mother eat will affect the health of the baby in the womb.

Ok, i probably sound damn bad.. but sometimes its a habit and it really needs more effort to change. And to be honest, some people really bochup also nth happen, yet some of us have to be super careful.

Ur cycle shorter mean ur ovulation happen earlier than others with 28-30 cycle. U need to let ur ivf doc and nurse know that u have shorter cycle. So that u come down for scan earlier in case missed out ovulation.
Will it affect suppression stage?

Will it affect suppression stage?
I am not sure. But since they scanning the follicles growth then they will know ur follicles are growing too fast or slow. Too fast mean ur ovulation will come fast n need to give u Organlutran med earlier to inject right? Don't think so much. They will know how to deal with. U can't be alone with 25 day cycle.

I am not sure. But since they scanning the follicles growth then they will know ur follicles are growing too fast or slow. Too fast mean ur ovulation will come fast n need to give u Organlutran med earlier to inject right? Don't think so much. They will know how to deal with. U can't be alone with 25 day cycle.
Not sure. I am with KKH. I just reported my 1st menses yesterday, was given aptmt 3wks later to collect the medications/injections. Totally forgotten how it works last time. Seems like a very long protocol this time or maybe I'm just too excited to start injecting myself. :D

Not sure. I am with KKH. I just reported my 1st menses yesterday, was given aptmt 3wks later to collect the medications/injections. Totally forgotten how it works last time. Seems like a very long protocol this time or maybe I'm just too excited to start injecting myself. :D
3 weeks later? Why long protocol? Did they say anyth? I did short protocol only. I didn't know about long protocol.

Yep, my cycle is 25 days. I keep reminding the Doc and nurses that my cycle days is short.

Hi im with TFC too, today is day 4 of gonal f, tomorrow going for scan.. any idea what is the next jab after this?

I think it really depends on your follicle growth and Dr Loh will prescribe from there.

From CD 2-5 I've been only injecting Gonal F. CD6 onwards I added another injection - Cetrotide.

Black soy milk taste like normal soya bean milk?

Similar and it's not really sweet. So I do enjoy a cup everyday in the morning :)
I'll sneak a hazelnut latte once in a blue moon for a cheat day.
Sometimes, I feel mentally we need to give ourselves a little break. This journey can be long so we need stamina to embark on it. So tiny cheats once in a while

I have a 24 day cycle. Natrual ovulation is day 10. During my 2 fresh at KKH last year, told the doctors that my period is short but my 1st scan (and only scan for the cycle) is on day 10. Their assurance is that with orgalutran, I won't ovulate earlier, which luckily was the case the last 2 times. I think just have to have confidence in their knowledge.

May I know which doctor u are with? Am wondering why u are given long protocol.

I have a 24 day cycle. Natrual ovulation is day 10. During my 2 fresh at KKH last year, told the doctors that my period is short but my 1st scan (and only scan for the cycle) is on day 10. Their assurance is that with orgalutran, I won't ovulate earlier, which luckily was the case the last 2 times. I think just have to have confidence in their knowledge.

May I know which doctor u are with? Am wondering why u are given long protocol.

I am with Dr Sadhana. My suppression stage wl start 3wks after 1st day of menses. Followed by stimulation stage.

May I know what is ur AMH result? My 1st fresh was long protocol as well.

Last edited:
Am now in the 2ww.. Had ET on Wednesday, doctor advised us to only insert 1 embryo so we did.. Been feeling a bit tired and crampy today and yesterday (probably cos of the progesterone inserts grr). Anyone having blood test scheduled for the 8th?
I'm on HL till then, pretty bored so have been doing housework and cooking etc.. It's a good break from work

Am now in the 2ww.. Had ET on Wednesday, doctor advised us to only insert 1 embryo so we did.. Been feeling a bit tired and crampy today and yesterday (probably cos of the progesterone inserts grr). Anyone having blood test scheduled for the 8th?
I'm on HL till then, pretty bored so have been doing housework and cooking etc.. It's a good break from work

Try not to do too much housework or cooking and take more rest ya

Did the doctor say why he recommended putting one in only?

It's 6dp3dt for me. ladies, do u experience implantation spotting around this time? The last fresh cycle, I did spot but same day evening, I passed out a clot. I reckon it was implantation spotting earlier but lost it same day due to natural killer cells or chromosome abnormality. This time I did intraplid to counter the NK cells before FET.
Now I fuss when there isn't spotting now! Sorry for being whiny, got spot and no spot also worry me... about couple of years ago, I had blighted ovum and also spotted. Hence the worry now when no spotting.

It's 6dp3dt for me. ladies, do u experience implantation spotting around this time? The last fresh cycle, I did spot but same day evening, I passed out a clot. I reckon it was implantation spotting earlier but lost it same day due to natural killer cells or chromosome abnormality. This time I did intraplid to counter the NK cells before FET.
Now I fuss when there isn't spotting now! Sorry for being whiny, got spot and no spot also worry me... about couple of years ago, I had blighted ovum and also spotted. Hence the worry now when no spotting.

It's 8dp7dt for me today. So far no implantation spotting at all and had cramps yesterday. So worried now.

Each cycle is different, so don't worry about spotting or cramps. I've done 4 times and each have different combination of symptoms. 3 of the 4 BFP.
Take it easy, keep calm and positive thoughts! <3

Each cycle is different, so don't worry about spotting or cramps. I've done 4 times and each have different combination of symptoms. 3 of the 4 BFP.
Take it easy, keep calm and positive thoughts! <3
Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread.. :) I agree with MichNg, each time is different! Last round I had implantation bleeding on D6, this round not really, just a v v v minor wipe of pink on D7. And starting from D5 onwards cramps on and off. All the best for your 2ww @mrschuaflo @susuhalia and @kk82!

Can check with u ladies: 1st scan after 5 day of 150u gonal F stimulation (CD10) - only 5 out of 15 follicles is growing at 7-11mm. Is that follicies growth too slow? Lining is about 10mm. Really worried about the slow growth of the follicles - anything I can do to boost the growth?

Last edited:
Hi ladies, jus to check, when u all start 2 jabs (organlutan & gonal f)? Is it that 2 jabs on the same side or 1 jab each on different side? Thanks

I think it really depends on your follicle growth and Dr Loh will prescribe from there.

From CD 2-5 I've been only injecting Gonal F. CD6 onwards I added another injection - Cetrotide.
Hi, Dr Loh also give Cetrotide, tomorrow another scan... yeah.. we are getting closer!

I am with Dr Sadhana. My suppression stage wl start 3wks after 1st day of menses. Followed by stimulation stage.

May I know what is ur AMH result? My 1st fresh was long protocol as well.

Can't remember my AMH result, but I think it's within the okay range.
Is yours low that's why you are on the long protocol?

Oh, ok. My doc didn't say anything about that and just said to put in 2 D7 blasts!

Dr Loh put in day 7 blast? Thought he advocate putting in d2 as natural uterine environment is still the best for embryos to develop.
But I think it could be because u have several good embryos. So can afford to culture to d7.

Last edited:
Dr Loh put in day 7 blast? Thought he advocate putting in d2 as natural uterine environment is still the best for embryos to develop.
But I think it could be because u have several good embryos. So can afford to culture to d7.

Yeah! I thought Dr Loh was pro natural uterine environment for the embryos too that's why I was surprised that he suggested putting in the 2 D7 blasts. I asked him why don't put in the D3 ones and he didn't ans me. Haha I realized Dr loh doesn't really like to ans certain questions. After that he said if I want, can put in the D3 ones if I prefer. But I stuck with his initial recommendation of putting in D7 ones.

Yeah, I think my case was quite extreme, I extracted 70 follicles but only 35 were fertilized.

Yeah! I thought Dr Loh was pro natural uterine environment for the embryos too that's why I was surprised that he suggested putting in the 2 D7 blasts. I asked him why don't put in the D3 ones and he didn't ans me. Haha I realized Dr loh doesn't really like to ans certain questions. After that he said if I want, can put in the D3 ones if I prefer. But I stuck with his initial recommendation of putting in D7 ones.

Yeah, I think my case was quite extreme, I extracted 70 follicles but only 35 were fertilized.

Ha. Yah he does not like people to question and doubt him I guess. Haha. No time to answer questions too, each consultation is so brief! I feel that I have to prioritie my questions as us being paranoid will tend to want to ask many qns. Makes sense for your case, less uncertainty. I didn't know can grow to D7. Tot usually D5. Only 2 was cultured to D7 and the rest frozen at D2? Ya I rem you have many embryos. Envious. I'm down to my last 2 embryos if this cycle fails. Dread going for fresh again as the discomfort took very long to go away, puked after ER, and menses also messed for a while. Fingers crossed.

:( today day 7 after 6 days of jab of gonal f and my follicles is only 7.5mm :( dosage increased and going to review on Thurs. Is there anything that i should do/eat in the meantime

It sounds like a chance my follicles wont grow to the right size :( this is just the beginning and so difficult
It is just beginning and why think so negative. Now only day 7 for u and alr increased dosage. So just wait for Thursday scan and follicles response. And if u doubt anyth, u can ask doc straight away. Sometimes they may not give u satisfactory answers but at least try to ask doc and clear ur doubts. They are expects. Try to think positive more.

Back