Anyone feel hungry during 1st tristmier

Yes! I'm currently 6 weeks and I get hungry every 1-2 hrs. Now I would prepare some light snacks likes nuts in my bag.

yes i'm always hungry and everyone says it is normal. i don't usually like to eat icecream but now i feel like eating one almost every day!

Mi too. I will get hungry every 1-2 hrs. I am also currently 6 weeks plus as checked by the gynae.
Researched online and it said pregnant ladies need only an extra 300 calories per day. From the rate I am eating I tink I ate way more.

@Felicia_Ace When I was 4-6 weeks pregnant, I felt like having menses cramp and sometimes there will be sharp pain on lower abdomen. What I read, the uterus is expanding and the ligaments are stretching.

At 7-8 weeks the cramps stopped. But once awhile I do get them still. Like you, I worry. But when the symptoms are gone, I worry too. I guess so long there's no bleeding, we should be fine. I'm at my 8 weeks. I so look forward to the next scan.

Im at 6+ weeks along and I feel hungry alot too. Nauseous too but also hungry.. Its like my body is confused :(

I kept feeling hungry then eat a bit become bloated. Now cannot take full meal. Have to keep snacks in my bag, if hungry a bit will vomit. Very terrible.

Anyway, got friend recommend me buy raw walnuts, cashew and almonds from snackfirst.com. Good for pregnant mothers for the folic and omega 3. I also took raisins. So eat wisely and stay healthy everyone!

Hehe me too guess thats good. Other then feeling hungry n tired i dun really have any other symptoms. Lol. Im 6 wks today. Pray it remains this way...

Me!! I have no idea why my appetite is so good! Maybe my baby absorb all the nutrients I got I think. Keep eating eating and eating for 1st stage....

Yes. Very rare + occasional feeling of wanting to puke. At w7d0. Good appetite 99% of the time haha.. does anyone have no morning sickness too whole of tri1?

I'm 3months plus pregnant,I still feel hungry n nauseous.and oso morning sickness..feel terrible...feel like craving for sour things,tom yam soup or Assam fish ...

Always hungry but restricted due to morning sickness. Vomit after consuming certain food which i crave for.
Was recently prescribed Diclectin by NUH. Manage to consume food i crave but only in small quantity.

However i do feel slight drowsiness hours later after consuming it. Any mummies taking it have the same feeling? Not that i am complaining when compare to vomiting and inability to consume food i love :)

Any idea which private Obstetrics prescribed this drug?
The waiting time for collecting the medication, as a private patient, takes pretty long in NUH.

I'm currently at 11 weeks. There are times that I do feel hungry but I really just dont have the appetite to eat. It's definitely an unexplainable feeling hehe. But so far, I'm too sensitive on smells of food especially deep fried meats.

Oh man I do! People who know me knows I'm the person who don't eat rice. But lately, I'm just so hungry that I need to have some rice to fill up the tummy. And then comes the nausea, regardless whether I'm hungry or full. Currently not so bad, just that "wanting to vomit kinda feeling", never had any throwing up episodes (yet). But I'm kinda relieved because it's a reassuring sign that you're pregnant as I don't have any other signs up yet, except for, well, being hungry all the time.

Last edited:
Lucky you... I have serious morning sickness in the first trimester.
oni had chicken essence to supplement nutrition and get back to normal appetite.
Is there any mom in confinement? I eat a lot now... dunno how to stop.

I'm in tri 1. Very weird reactions to food. Sometimes eat cai fan feel like puking. Sometimes very hungry, get even hungrier after eating! Goodness.....I find that nuts works for me cos it's fatty so the sugars don't get released so quickly.

Back