October 2017 Mummies

Helloooo. may I know what is the group title of the fb page? Not added yet. I am experiencing really bad morning sickness and gastric. I didn't expect pregnancy to be like that. lol.. it is so torturing! I cant eat or drink anything, I have to shove the food down just to vomit it out later. I can't walk straight when my gastric acts up! I haven't been going to office for 2 weeks already.... :( it is my first pregnancy that lasted til week 7...

I had a miscarriage previously at week 5 last year. So my gynae asked me to take hormones jab every week since last month. I am currently on my 3rd hormones jab and on oral duphaston daily too. Anybody having / had really bad morning sickness like me?? Would like to have some tips on how to manage the nausea and gastric... Thank uuu

Helloooo. may I know what is the group title of the fb page? Not added yet. I am experiencing really bad morning sickness and gastric. I didn't expect pregnancy to be like that. lol.. it is so torturing! I cant eat or drink anything, I have to shove the food down just to vomit it out later. I can't walk straight when my gastric acts up! I haven't been going to office for 2 weeks already.... :( it is my first pregnancy that lasted til week 7...

I had a miscarriage previously at week 5 last year. So my gynae asked me to take hormones jab every week since last month. I am currently on my 3rd hormones jab and on oral duphaston daily too. Anybody having / had really bad morning sickness like me?? Would like to have some tips on how to manage the nausea and gastric... Thank uuu
Jermmieee, what's your email? We will add you to the group.

So far I don't vomit during my pregnancies but bad gastric reflux n gassy. Previously my gynae would give me medication for the heartburn. The heartburn would keep me up at night so I would take the medication around dinner which makes it much more comfortable for me.

I would take gassy drinks to dispel the gas by burping which makes it more bearable.

Jermmieee, what's your email? We will add you to the group.

So far I don't vomit during my pregnancies but bad gastric reflux n gassy. Previously my gynae would give me medication for the heartburn. The heartburn would keep me up at night so I would take the medication around dinner which makes it much more comfortable for me.

I would take gassy drinks to dispel the gas by burping which makes it more bearable.

My email address is [email protected]

I cannot imagine taking gassy drinks... I think my stomach will explode haha!

Just went to the gynae this morning, did the scan couldn't see anything coz it was too early but doc was happy to see the water sac...will be going back in 3 weeks...

First time...too excited!

Hi I just tested positive last weekend and have made an appointment to see my gynae next week. Having some pink spottings these days, feel a bit worried as this is my first pregnancy. Would like to take a blood test, am wondering if you gals can advise me where I can do it and get quick results as I asked a gp and the results would take at least 5 working days :(

Hi Pinkyzel

For blood test, U can go to raffles hospital at Bugis. Their GP clinic can give results in 2 hours if u go for express service. Cost is about $50 plus if I remember correctly.

But shouldn't u go for extra support meds or jabs for spotting issues instead of blood test? U should call your gynae and get advice.

I agree with bbhopeful77. blood test only indicate pregnancy. You may want to bring forward your gynae visit for precaution n piece of mind.

Thanks ladies for your advice :) my gynae is fully packed for this week, can only see him next week..will try to check with the nurse instead =)

Hi I just tested positive last weekend and have made an appointment to see my gynae next week. Having some pink spottings these days, feel a bit worried as this is my first pregnancy. Would like to take a blood test, am wondering if you gals can advise me where I can do it and get quick results as I asked a gp and the results would take at least 5 working days :(

please go and see your gynae. she might give you a hormones jab to increase the lining and you will have to also eat duphuston daily.

Mummies, I just saw my gynae yest. Only 4 weeks so couldn't see anything on scans. Blood test is positive hcg levels at 745 so will wait 2 more weeks to see scans again.

Hi MTBs,

It's my first! And we found out last weekend at my 4th week. Hope to learn more from you all.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi ladies! First time mummy, 5weeks plus into my pregnancy. My gynae is Dr Candice from GynaeMD but I found her fees too high. First time I consulted her, my bill came up to $460, today I went again and another $400. Consultation 120, scan 80, another 50 for Nurses fees. Others are like added on blood test and booster jab. Is this normal rate? I'm thinking of switching gynae cos her rate too expensive

Can any mummy recomend their gynae?

Hello Ladies! Congrats to all MTBs!
Into 7th week, and has my first gynae visit today.
Any fb group or whatsapp chat to join in? =)

hey.. congrats all
i am entering my 6th week now.. would like some recommendations regarding gyneacs at kkh.. i am confused with senior consultant or consultants.. fees difference is too much.
Sneha

hey.. congrats all
i am entering my 6th week now.. would like some recommendations regarding gyneacs at kkh.. i am confused with senior consultant or consultants.. fees difference is too much.
Sneha

Congrats! Do you have any preferred? I'm seeing a/p John Tee, he's a senior consultant in KKH.

Hi.. just wanna check if there's any fb grp? Havent rcv any notification.. neither for whatsapp either...

Congrats! Do you have any preferred? I'm seeing a/p John Tee, he's a senior consultant in KKH.

Hi hi I am also going to be seeing a/p John tee next week! So excited!!!

I have a current medical condition lupus so my hubs and me decided that we should see someone more senior and experienced.

Hi hi I am also going to be seeing a/p John tee next week! So excited!!!

I have a current medical condition lupus so my hubs and me decided that we should see someone more senior and experienced.

Such coincidence! He was my mum's gynae and highly recommended by my other friends too! Ikr.. still excited after my first visit ytd =p I read a lot of reviews on him, and I think we're safe in his hands ;)

Hi
Would like to warn all mummies here of a confinement nanny named: Yee Hong Tee, "Jenny", from Melaka.
Beware your electricity, gas and water bills will go up drastically during the period she is around, and over the next months, as SP estimates the bill every other 2 months.
what this CL does, is blast the air con every night (WHOLE night, and even when it happens to be cold rainy nights), and if possible, she will want to blast it every afternoons as well. And when you tell her about it, she will show you black face and intimidate you. She also does not spare expenses for you in general-- so your expenses will shoot up.

She also like to be on her phone extremely frequently. If you employ her, you will realise that A Lot of her time will be spent on praise and worship session, and listening to video sermons on her handphone. She might also be emotional and crying as she is "responding to god". And if you approach her on this matter-she will say that her prayer life is very important. I respect all religions, but I'm sure all will understand that when we employ a CL for one month, it is for a specific purpose,

She likes to also pry in family matters, and create subtle discords. Funnily, she likes to put the mother down, and does not exude encouragement, at a period the mother needs the most.

She does not do the laundry, lazily leave all the cleaning up to my helper, and even when told to wash the dishes after her cooking, she says that "if my maid can do, should leave it to her". And when I say that my maid is already doing alot, and would like her, as the CL to do some washing up, she does a lousy job, and my maid has to rewash.

She takes no initiative in helping the mother wash things. So I had to do most of the washing of my underwear myself (causing my joints to hurt). The list goes on.

I thought for a long time before deciding to write this post. Hope this helps with the process of elimination for mummies/daddies to be. Do pm me if anyone needs to confirm this CL's contact number.

Hi
Would like to warn all mummies here of a confinement nanny named: Yee Hong Tee, "Jenny", from Melaka.
Beware your electricity, gas and water bills will go up drastically during the period she is around, and over the next months, as SP estimates the bill every other 2 months.
what this CL does, is blast the air con every night (WHOLE night, and even when it happens to be cold rainy nights), and if possible, she will want to blast it every afternoons as well. And when you tell her about it, she will show you black face and intimidate you. She also does not spare expenses for you in general-- so your expenses will shoot up.

She also like to be on her phone extremely frequently. If you employ her, you will realise that A Lot of her time will be spent on praise and worship session, and listening to video sermons on her handphone. She might also be emotional and crying as she is "responding to god". And if you approach her on this matter-she will say that her prayer life is very important. I respect all religions, but I'm sure all will understand that when we employ a CL for one month, it is for a specific purpose,

She likes to also pry in family matters, and create subtle discords. Funnily, she likes to put the mother down, and does not exude encouragement, at a period the mother needs the most.

She does not do the laundry, lazily leave all the cleaning up to my helper, and even when told to wash the dishes after her cooking, she says that "if my maid can do, should leave it to her". And when I say that my maid is already doing alot, and would like her, as the CL to do some washing up, she does a lousy job, and my maid has to rewash.

She takes no initiative in helping the mother wash things. So I had to do most of the washing of my underwear myself (causing my joints to hurt). The list goes on.

I thought for a long time before deciding to write this post. Hope this helps with the process of elimination for mummies/daddies to be. Do pm me if anyone needs to confirm this CL's contact number.

Hugs. So U terminate her earlier? Like that ur confinement also nv do properly becos of such person.

Hi Elyn82,

I did not terminate her earlier. When we approach her on the issues we had with her, she "wayang" with us and in her words she warn that "if for anything we want her to go early, we still would have to pay her the whole month's fee as agreed"
--which means we will suffer much losses. And think about all those marketing food still in the fridge and herbs that need to be used up--we decide to suck it up.

I thought by posting up here, at least can help others to choose wisely.

Dear all,

4 weeks plus preggy here. 1st time. Can i check if anyone experiencing stiff neck or know of any moms to be that have stiff neck too? I know its not the typical pregnancy symptom but i read online that some ppl do feel that.

Spoke to a gynae and she advise to take panadol for now n doesnt think its related to pregnancy. If panadol doesnt work she advise to see a gp to get stronger painkillers. Im sure the gp will advise me to see a gynae if he knows im preggy. Shrugz

Welcome all advise. Thank you!

Dear all,

4 weeks plus preggy here. 1st time. Can i check if anyone experiencing stiff neck or know of any moms to be that have stiff neck too? I know its not the typical pregnancy symptom but i read online that some ppl do feel that.

Spoke to a gynae and she advise to take panadol for now n doesnt think its related to pregnancy. If panadol doesnt work she advise to see a gp to get stronger painkillers. Im sure the gp will advise me to see a gynae if he knows im preggy. Shrugz

Welcome all advise. Thank you!

Maybe try doing some neck exercises? If it is just stiff neck, nothing much besides medication like panadol or muscle relaxants.

Maybe try doing some neck exercises? If it is just stiff neck, nothing much besides medication like panadol or muscle relaxants.
Thanks Sarah. Cant do much neck exercises cos the neck hurts when i move it n its affecting my sleep too. Will try muscle relaxants. Panadol doesnt seem to work.

Hi everyone, the admin adding mummies to the fb group can pm me? Becuz I don't think can add me with email. Just tested positive :)

Hello all,
We are expecting my 3rd. According to the LMP EDD is 8 oct.

I haven't been to any scan nor check up yet. Thinking to wait for another 2 weeks then go for a scan.

Where did you do for your first scan? What is the cost like?
I had wonderful birth experience with waterbirth and hypnobirth from my 1st and 2nd so going for water birth again. My last was with NUH, water birth with Dr vanjay. Its good. The nurse from EMMA care were excellent, they helped to delivery my child, so he is too eager to come out before the doc arrives, but I still have to pay my obgyn even though she does nothing. My only problem is its a bit far from my home so I'm thinking Mt A or TMC, wonder if any mums has experiences from both or other hospital that offers water birth care to share their experience/cost.

Is there a separate chat group in FB/Whatapps? Any difference from here?

Hello and congrats! This will be my second pregnancy journey. Did a test and saw a faint second line which got me all excited. Waiting to check once more next week before I make an appointment with my gynae. Could you add me to the fb group? My email is [email protected] thanks!

Back