September 2016 Mummies!

Thanks P3riwinkl3 for the suggestions. I do have a confinement nanny here with me for the month but she mostly does the cooking while I care for the baby. Because I will be the full time carer of my baby after she leaves, I don't want to depend on her much for baby care...although a few times when baby just won't settle for her nap, I have had to get the nanny's help :confused: I think we may be experiencing mild postnatal depression or 'baby blues' :(

Elm...keep it up, think positive thoughts. Just know that whenever you want to cry/feel like crying, u r not the only mum crying ;).

I managed to look after baby by myself last night with little disturbance to my hubby...think that's an achievement for me..hahaha.
Even though she fussed from 1am-2.30am (feed her, diaper change, burp her, vomit milk on herself, change her clothes, don't want to sleep), slept for awhile from 2.30am-3am, feed her and diaper change again from 3am-4am, finally slept from 4am-6am (I wake to check on her every time she whimpers)...MIL came to takeover from 6am plus onwards. I survived the night!...lolx :p:D

Thanks P3riwinkl3, you should take care too. Yesterday hubby brought me and baby out for a short shopping trip. I felt much better going out, but was quite tired after an hour of shopping. Still felt good after that :)
How are other mummies doing?

Last edited:
Mummies whos formula feeding ur bb, just curious how much are u feeding ur bb now and hw frequent? Just wanna gauge if my bb is having too much..

Ur input is appreciated

Hi chillea_analu, I was at a postnatal class today. The method they taught me was (150 x baby's weight)/6 feeds per day. That should give you the estimate amount per feed. For example, if baby's weight is 4kg, his/her estimated feed should be 100ml. Hope this helps.

Hihi, any mummies looking for a function room to hold their mummy groups gathering or upcoming baby shower? Spring Maternity is looking to sponsor their new function room in Suntec city for these groups of people. If u r keen, PM me, will link u up :)

Hi chillea_analu, I was at a postnatal class today. The method they taught me was (150 x baby's weight)/6 feeds per day. That should give you the estimate amount per feed. For example, if baby's weight is 4kg, his/her estimated feed should be 100ml. Hope this helps.

Not sure how accurate is the calculation method vs reality.
I was feeding my girl 90ml until last week, her appetite seems to increase. Now feeding her 120ml. If we feed less than 120ml, she will cry/fuss for more. But sometimes she don't finish 120ml.
I'm quite certain she has an internal targeted milk limit....once we hit this limit, she will drift off to zzz land happily and ignore the remaining milk. Otherwise she won't zzz, eyes wide open and starts fussing after awhile and mouth will cue for more milk.

Not sure how accurate is the calculation method vs reality.
I was feeding my girl 90ml until last week, her appetite seems to increase. Now feeding her 120ml. If we feed less than 120ml, she will cry/fuss for more. But sometimes she don't finish 120ml.
I'm quite certain she has an internal targeted milk limit....once we hit this limit, she will drift off to zzz land happily and ignore the remaining milk. Otherwise she won't zzz, eyes wide open and starts fussing after awhile and mouth will cue for more milk.
Mine is the same. I direct latch her but same thing, when she has had enough only will she drift off to sleep happily. Otherwise she will be wide awake.
At the postnatal class they told us that the calculation method is just an estimate. More importantly, they are gaining weight and have good amount of wet nappies.

I have no idea how much my boy eats each time. The interval is anywhere from 30min to 3 hours. He's a big eater and likes to cluster feed especially before noon and late evening.
At night he wakes me up 2-3 times but doesn't eat much I guess, coz by morning my breasts feel quite heavy.

Mummies whos formula feeding ur bb, just curious how much are u feeding ur bb now and hw frequent? Just wanna gauge if my bb is having too much..

Ur input is appreciated
Hi
Don worry, as long the baby wanna drink jus feed, my baby got me worried too esp after the 3 rd month injection..

Current growth in weight n height 75%. The 4 th month injection is coming too. As they grow up will slim down so do not worry.

And seeing the baby laughs n squeals in her chubby state makes me feel al is worth

This thread has gotten very quiet.
How are you mummies and your babies doing? Has caring for your newborn gotten better/easier for you?
I don't feel like it is easier for me. Some days I still get overwhelmed, especially when my baby is overtired but can't sleep, and I spend hours just holding and soothing her :( I do feel better now that confinement is over and I can go out, that helps.

I think I'm finally getting use to the routine of looking after the baby.
Gotten easier I guess...now it's easier to understand baby's cues. But of cos there are times when she's fussing and refusing to sleep, it can still get on my nerves. Yup, going out helps but I still don't dare to go out solo with baby....usually hub or family members are with me :D. And I only go to places with nursing room / diaper changing area.

That's good to know P3riwinkl3 :) I hope it will be easier for me soon too. At the moment I am still having to manage my baby girl's fussing and refusing to sleep during daytime. I haven't gone out on my own too, so far has been with hubby. But I will do it very soon as I can't bear staying home 5 days in a row (weekdays). And yes I also only go to shopping malls with good parents room.

Hello all September mummies, I guess this thread is unfortunately inactive. Just to revive it and hopefully get it moving again - how are you mummies and your babies doing?

As for me, I am slowly getting used to caring for my baby full time :) Last week I had mastitis though, it was no fun but at least I have recovered from it now.

When are you mummies planning to introduce solids to your babies? My paediatrician says to start when baby is 4 months.

Hello all September mummies, I guess this thread is unfortunately inactive. Just to revive it and hopefully get it moving again - how are you mummies and your babies doing?

As for me, I am slowly getting used to caring for my baby full time :) Last week I had mastitis though, it was no fun but at least I have recovered from it now.

When are you mummies planning to introduce solids to your babies? My paediatrician says to start when baby is 4 months.

Hi Elm, long time no talk. I'm getting the hang of motherhood routine for now. Counting down to the day I return to work on 3rd Jan 2017. Not sure if I will have separation anxiety with baby by then lolx.
My baby just hit 3mo and she's starting to recognise people and her surroundings. She definitely can recognise my voice!
My in-laws plan to let baby taste a little solid food once baby is 4mo.

Hi P3riwinkl3, good to hear from you again. Glad things are going well for you.
Oh your maternity leave is ending, time flies. I am officially a stay home mum now, although I do bring my baby out shopping quite often ;) My baby enjoys looking around at her surroundings.
What type of solid food will you start your baby on at 4 months? I heard people usually start on rice cereal but actually I don't prefer those 'processed foods'. Is it not appropriate to start with puree vegetables/fruits or porridge? Sorry am new to all this solid food.

Oh your maternity leave is ending, time flies. I am officially a stay home mum now, although I do bring my baby out shopping quite often ;) My baby enjoys looking around at her surroundings.
What type of solid food will you start your baby on at 4 months? I heard people usually start on rice cereal but actually I don't prefer those 'processed foods'. Is it not appropriate to start with puree vegetables/fruits or porridge? Sorry am new to all this solid food.
I'm new to motherhood too. I'll just follow according to my in-laws practices as long as it's not something ridiculous or endangering baby. Heard fr mil, 4th month onwards can let baby test the taste of sour, sweet, bitter and spicy. Just taste test, not swallowing solids yet...main diet is still milk. After that slowly intro soft solid foods I guess.

Hello! Pureed veggies and fruits are actually great starters! Better then rice cereals in my opinion! My 4mo baby had pureed carrot, sweet potato, broccoli etc... All made by myself. You can mass make them with a grinder or blender and freeze them into cubes, after that air tight in freezer~ And all becomes very easy! :)

Hi mommies,

I'm new here. I'm looking for a PD that will advise on child development and is reasonable. Preferably in Tampines or Pasir Ris. Seng kang, punggol area is also fine.

My child is currently seeing Dr Cecilia Lee at Trampines St 11. She has too many patients and each consultation is less than a few minutes. Each time we felt that we are rushed out of her room when the nurse opens the door after our very 1st question is answered. As a parent I do feel stressed seeing her myself despite we have been there many times. She doesn't do child development.

I'm not sure are all PDs like that.

Thank you.

Happy Chinese New Year mummies! It's our babies' first new year, am sure we are all having a good time :)

i find it (placenta encapsulation) really gross too. it feels like i am eating myself :p

IMO, cord blood banking is worth investing, to me, it is like a biological insurance and assurance that my baby and family are protected. I have friends who have cancer/ blood disorder (whether they have family history or not), to see them go through not only emotional pain but also physical pain break my heart. and to get a perfect match is one thing, to prevent transplant to be rejected is another worry. I take comfort in cord blood because it doesnt have to be 100% matching, as long as it fulfills about 60% match, the transplant will be a success and minimal rate of getting it rejected.

i bank it with cordlife, if you are wondering.

I banked my first child's cord blood too! And will be doing so for my second child. Perhaps heading to Babyland fair for the signup with Cordlife. They are very knowledgeable, ethical and professional and doesnt hard sell or have funny sales pitches. Furthermore they are so heavy on quality and technology. Something so precious shouldn't be just discarded without even understanding the potential and its current usefulness.

Hi mommies,

I'm new here. I'm looking for a PD that will advise on child development and is reasonable. Preferably in Tampines or Pasir Ris. Seng kang, punggol area is also fine.

My child is currently seeing Dr Cecilia Lee at Trampines St 11. She has too many patients and each consultation is less than a few minutes. Each time we felt that we are rushed out of her room when the nurse opens the door after our very 1st question is answered. As a parent I do feel stressed seeing her myself despite we have been there many times. She doesn't do child development.

I'm not sure are all PDs like that.

Thank you.
I see Dr Kenneth Chua from Thomson Pediatric in Waterway Point (Punggol)... He is pretty good with kids I must say. Good mannerisms and clear explanations. Can try.

I didn't decide on cord blood banking coz it looks quite expensive. Is it really worth it to invest in that?

My colleagues, on the other hand, were highly recommending that I do placenta encapsulation...which I find it disgusting. I wouldn't dare to eat my own body parts -.-"

It's payable by CDA and upfront plus annual fees only $300+, cheaper than insurance I must say. For something of this technology and the potential, totally worthwhile. Furthermore, recently there were some news on babies using their siblings cord blood for deadly illnesses. If financials allow, should definitely do it... I banked with Cordlife, since they are the most experienced and longest standing company in Singapore. Try speaking to them. Perhaps more queries can be answered...

I didn't decide on cord blood banking coz it looks quite expensive. Is it really worth it to invest in that?

My colleagues, on the other hand, were highly recommending that I do placenta encapsulation...which I find it disgusting. I wouldn't dare to eat my own body parts -.-"

Haha, I did placenta pills for my first child. About $400... I thought I would overcome my fear and eat it but it was left in my fridge for over a year....... I wouldn't do it again for my second child haha...

It's payable by CDA and upfront plus annual fees only $300+, cheaper than insurance I must say. For something of this technology and the potential, totally worthwhile. Furthermore, recently there were some news on babies using their siblings cord blood for deadly illnesses. If financials allow, should definitely do it... I banked with Cordlife, since they are the most experienced and longest standing company in Singapore. Try speaking to them. Perhaps more queries can be answered...

Oh they increased their pricing options? That's great news for more financially strapped couples! Need to inform my friends! Personally I prefer to pay lump sum upfront and I took cord lining as well the last time for my first kid. Deciding to go down to MBS for their event now but lazing around still :D

Cordlife definitely. Experienced, professional. Healthcare stuffs I will always go for the best.

Cordlife too, for a simple reason, healthcare veteran who has successful release records and biggest in Singapore yet Super reasonable prices. Think they transferred savings to parents. As I'm their customer and I receive updates on industry news and others, I realised they do a lot of community work like sponsoring the unfortunate kids through foundations. Recently they did an activity that helps in raising household items and supermarket vouchers for the daily operations of a charitable organization. Am totally impressed with the commitment of their sense of purpose and the staff who saw these through. Amidst the gloomy economic situations, really hope to have more of these great companies!

Cordlife too, for a simple reason, healthcare veteran who has successful release records and biggest in Singapore yet Super reasonable prices. Think they transferred savings to parents. As I'm their customer and I receive updates on industry news and others, I realised they do a lot of community work like sponsoring the unfortunate kids through foundations. Recently they did an activity that helps in raising household items and supermarket vouchers for the daily operations of a charitable organization. Am totally impressed with the commitment of their sense of purpose and the staff who saw these through. Amidst the gloomy economic situations, really hope to have more of these great companies!

Thank you so much for the insightful information! I just visited Cordlife's fair last weekend at MBS and got very useful information as well. Think i may sign up at their upcoming event.

Haha, I did placenta pills for my first child. About $400... I thought I would overcome my fear and eat it but it was left in my fridge for over a year....... I wouldn't do it again for my second child haha...

Oh gosh, I heard from my friends that it is actually rather smelly. But may want to try it out still!

Back